[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mistletoe matching: 1

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She's strapped skates to her heels, and yet she hesitates at the edge of the ice rink. There are hundreds of people enjoying themselves, paired off for their Mistletoe Matching event. Her fingers grip the ledge and she seems forlorn and lost in thought, perhaps a little bit nervous or afraid.[break][break]

She wears mittens, but there isn't any real reason behind it. She isn't the least bit cold, and the reason she doesn't step onto the ice if three parts fear of melting the rink and ruining everyone's fun, and one part worry that her date might not find her.[break][break]

Stormy glances over her shoulder, briefly scanning the crowd for anyone bearing the same number tag as herself.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 16:29:30 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

Ironically—rather, fantastically—Adam could handle himself reasonably well on the ice.

While his hometown of Motostoke dealt mostly with fire, it was in Circhester he had learned how to ice skate—blame it on some friends of his who would take the train there from Hammerlocke University when they had free time to bum around while not attending classes.

And boy were they fucking jealous when they found out he could remain standing on the ice better than any of them! While he didn’t pursue a serious path down the field of ice skating, he still did it from time to time—as long as the weather was permissible.

And now?

To find out that there was an actual, legitimate ice-skating rink in a tropical region like Hoenn?

Well that was a sight to see!

He had spent a few minutes going around, avoiding the rest of the people as best as he could—until he saw someone that was hanging onto the edge of the rink. Maybe they weren’t confident enough?

“Excuse me, miss?” he began as he skated over, holding out a hand should she accidentally slip so he could catch her and steady her balance, “…but are you Stormy—?”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 0:46:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
There is a hand at her back that spreads warmth even through her coat. She startles, a short, surprised gasp followed by her twisting beneath his hold. But his hand has only brushed her, and in her surprise she's now falling. [break][break]

With quick reflexes, she reaches out to grab hold of his hand. He's asking her a question but her heart is in her ears, and she can scarcely put together what it is he's trying to say.[break][break]

"W-what?"[break][break]

Her grip is like iron and she dares not to let go, but she does furrow her brow and correct her hat on her head. She looks bewildered and rosy-cheeked, and only then do his words form a sentence in her mind.[break][break]

"Yes, yes! That's me. Might you be my first date, then, for this evening? Adam, wasn't it?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 17:10:35 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

“Yes, that would be me,” Adam replied, moving slightly backwards so he could do a half-bow in her direction while out on the ice.

“I take you’re not familiar with ice skating? I mean—I can teach you a little if you wouldn’t mind spending that much time?” he offered a few moments later. “You’re shaking like a leaf.”

He didn’t mean to be blunt, it was just his observation—for he was in her shoes, once upon a time several years ago.

“First thing you’d want to do is to not to stand too straight, especially when you’re nervous. People tend to do that a lot when they start out on the ice, and it often ends with them slipping—“ he trailed off, seeing a pair not too far off picking each other up and off the ice.

“Yeah, just relax,” he urged, holding onto her hand.

“Is it your first time on the ice?”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 17:22:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
When he moves backward to bow, she stumbles and slips, letting go of his hand only to retrieve them both between her own two hands. [break][break]

"I prefer solid ground with traction."[break][break]

She chuckles breathlessly, removing one hand from his to brush away dark hair from her mouth.[break][break]

"A leaf.."[break][break]

She laughs again, but she takes his advice, forcing her body to not stand pin straight. It seems to work, though she still feels unsteady. Fortunately, she's still smiling, though perhaps he might not be given how tightly she holds his hands.[break][break]

"Voluntarily, yes. This is certainly harder trying to stand on thin blades than it is my boots. How strange."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 17:33:13 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

“It admittedly takes some getting used to, but once you can balance yourself, it’s like riding a bike, to be honest,” he continued as he skated backward, catching her in time before gently pulling her forward to glide along some.

“Bend your knees just slightly—not too much, now, he continued as they ventured further from the railway, heading towards one part of the rink that didn’t have too many people. “There’s no skating rink where you’re from? I can tell you’re not from around here, your accent’s different from what I’m used to hearing around here most of the time.”

Even he wasn’t immune to his own Galarian accent from time to time, at least it wasn’t bleeding through so much.

“It’s a shame we don’t have too much time to spend because of the, you know, ‘speed’ aspect of this entire thing,” he remarked.

“But, well, if you want to learn some more ice skating in your free time after the event—I can teach you if you’d want? I’m picking up the impression that you’re one who doesn’t quit easily,” he offered.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 17:52:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He pulls her forward and she finds security in his guidance. He refers to skating like riding a bicycle, and for that she laughs out loud.[break][break]

"I'd like to think that it would be far easier to ride a bike than to skate on these.. things."[break][break]

But she follows along with his instruction even now, bending her knees just slightly. They peel away from the security of the railing, and her heart races in her chest. [break][break]

"N-no, there isn't. I'm from Kanto, and I never traveled anywhere cold enough to warrant an ice rink. I'm surprised there's one here, in Hoenn."[break][break]

Stormy glances up to his face, curiosity glinting in her ruby gaze.[break][break]

"You're not from Hoenn either."[break][break]

She smirks at his suggestion to reunite later, for more lessons. And his impression of her makes her scoff and shake her head, an amused smirk pressed to her cheek.[break][break]

"Even I don't pursue the impossible, but I am flattered by your interest. I'm afraid this may be my last endeavor with ice skating."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 20:41:44 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

“Motostoke, from Galar,” was all he answered, swerving around the other people who were skating nearby without a care in the world.

“Bloody loud an’ noisy half the time because of all the factories. Can’t get a moment’s peace even in the evenings,” he rumbled a few moments later as he continued along the way.

It wasn’t until her last words did he realize that—

Oh.

“Ah, meeting someone else?” he ventured curiously, not a hint of malice in his tone—just plain curiosity.

Right then and there the end of the current ‘round’ rang out across the ice, and he guided them back towards one of the exits closest to where they were.

“Fancy seeing you again in the future, Miss Stormy,” he ended as he took a proper bow this time on the ice, before skating off towards the center.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice melt [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 18:31:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"From Galar?"[break][break]

Now that she listened closer, she could hear the familiar inferences or pronunciation that spoke, as well as likely a few others she had met and befriended along the way.[break][break]

"No, no, not anyone in particular. I just don't think skating is my thing. If you're still around later, not on the ice, I'll buy you a drink?"[break][break]

He helps guide her back to solid ground and shes thankful, giving the man's hand a brief pat as he says his goodbyes. She promptly goes to remove her skates.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?