murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 1:21:11 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

The event was in full swing, and Michiko was having the time of her life. In addition to her normal handbag, already loaded with purchases from the department store she'd stopped by that morning, she now bore a second bag filled with souvenirs and trinkets from around Fortree City. 

Despite the frivolity and the celebration, however, she still felt a little pang as she watched the other pairings on their charity-funded dates.  Arceusmas was couples season, after all, and it made her lonely to know she still wouldn't see her husband until the New Year. 

So! She was determined to have fun for the both of them! 

Two steaming mugs of mulled wine later, Michiko Maeda sat on the edge of the ice skating rink, struggling to put her skates on. "I have only ice skated one time before!" she admitted to --the former gym leader and event organizer himself. The older woman's cheeks were pink and flushed. "It is rare in Hoenn! But this city, it looks so beautiful. Like a Sinnoh mountain town." 
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 6:59:42 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

The man hadn't planned on taking part in his own event at first. Working on the Charity, making sure everything was safe and perfect for all the individuals attending. So when he pulled the matches for the 2nd round... The man did a double take when he drew his own name. Who went and slipped his name in there? Still, now that the alolan man drew his own name... It would be unfair to the partner to not take part in it and have them miss a possible pairing.[break][break]

Thus, the ex-gym leader proceeded to go at the meeting place established with the older lady: the Skating ring his Aurorus had built. The man had his skates in his feet already, as he was going around on the ring until he noticed his match on the side, to which he proceeded to approach.[break][break]

She was now trying to put her ice skates, stating she only had done it once in her life. "Let me help, this might be easier for you." The man placed a knee on the ice as he proceeded to try and assist her in placing the ice skate, assuming the lady had approved of his assistance. Her comment made him raise his head, half a smile on his face. "Yeah, I actually based everything on Snowpoint City and the temple beside it. Since I went there during my travels a while ago, it was easier to recreate a similar environment and create activities based on that. But I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying them so far."

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/VVxuNtw.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 17:25:24 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Michi grew distinctly pinker as Balder moved to help her with her ice skates. "Ah! Are you sure-- o-okay," she said meekly, quickly pulling her hands away from the skate. She'd gotten her first one on normally, but with little traction on the ice, the second one was more difficult. Still, she was secretly embarrassed.

Snowpoint CIty! "Oh! I have been there!" Michi exclaimed. She'd mostly enjoyed the hotel and local restaurants, but the view outside had been spectacular! "My husband and I went there on vacation! He is always exploring different temples or ruins." She knew she should be annoyed at him for always running off to do archaeological research even when they were supposed to be together, but it was so endearing!

Michi remembered where she was again, pulling herself from husband-fueled daydreams. "Oh! Is Snowpoint City where you learned to skate as well? I was watching you skate. You are very talented! I worry I will fall," she admitted with a laugh, but made two fists with her hands and pumped them enthusiastically. "But I will-- do my best!" 

Skates secured, she propped herself up on a nearby railing and carefully stood up. Her skates wobbled for a second and her eyes widened visibly, but she picked up her feet and seemed to find her balance. The ice slid along steadily beneath her, perfectly groomed. "Ah! I'm doing it," she said in relief, one hand over her chest. She could feel her heart racing. "It is not so hard!"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 4:56:03 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

While the man worked on setting her second skate, he listened to her talking about her experience with Snowpoint and the ruins her husband visited. Hearing the mention of the ruins, the alolan's head lifted up. "What was your husband's name? I might've met him during my travels. I used to be going around, looking for legends and stories."[break][break]

Finishing up, the man stood back up. "All set. You'll be able to dance on the ice now." But then, she chained with a question of where he learned to skate, if it was in Snowpoint. "Oh actually no. I learned how while in Unova. To reach the Grand Chasm, had to cross some icy areas and snow patches. So skating was a necessity. Snowpoint did help perfect my skills however."[break][break]

"And surfing does share some affinities." Suddenly, the lady got up, slowly getting accustomed to the new mode of transportation. Seeing how she kept herself steady, Balder applauded gently. "You got a good start. Just don't spread your legs too much, cause you might lose balance. For now, try coming towards me, slowly." the man skated backwards to make some space between them.

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/VVxuNtw.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 14:59:29 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Michi had so far been trying not to talk constantly about her husband (like she usually did) during the speed-dating event (t seemed maybe inconsiderate of her date) but since Balder asked she couldn't exactly ignore the question, could she?

Happily, the older woman launched into her favorite subject. "Oh, yes! Maybe you do know him... he is archaeology professor at Petalburg University! His name... hm. It is difficult, but maybe you will remember!" She trailed off, looking down at the ice to make sure her feet weren't getting too far apart as she skated slowly towards Balder.  "....Michales Theodoropolous!" 

Her pronunciation was definitely off and a troubled expression crossed her face. She spoke again, enunciating carefully. "Mee-ho-ress... Seeo-doro-polo. Su. Anyway, I just call him Mickey!" She clapped her hands together, forgetting to control her speed as she coasted over the ice. "Like Mickey Meowth!"

She seemed to have found some small control over her skates and was able to slowly move around the outside of the rink, swinging her arms with great enthusiasm. "Who is your favorite character? Like Mickey Meowth, Hello Skitty, et cetera," she asked. "Oh! Is there a special Alola character you like?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 6:54:35 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Now that... that was a long and complicated name. The surname especially. A surname like that, he would've definitely remembered it if the man had heard it. Yet, not a single bell ringed in Balder's head. Not even the background that the lady mentioned helped him place the man. But a question did pop as she tried to say his name. "Wait, you are married right? It's rare to see a marriage where the woman doesn't take the name of her husband."[break][break]

Not only did she get close to him, but she was now having more freedom, extending her arms as she was skating and asking him what his favorite television creature was. The Alolan man drew a blank. Mickey Meowth? Hello Skitty? A special Alolan characters? What were they? The man crossed his arms as he raised his head towards the sky, in thoughts. [break][break]

"To be honest, I never really watched TV when I was young. Hell, I don't think we even had one in the beginning. But a special alolan character..." Balder unfolded his arms as he decided to catch up to the lady. "It wasn't a cartoon character, but we did have some fictional characters like the Masked Royal, meant to inspire the kids to do the right thing and fight for what they believed is right. Would be the closest to what you're talking about."

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 9:23:04 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

“He puts this long name on all his official science-journals!” Michi exclaimed, “So he cannot change it! But it’s OK— we renew our wedding vows maybe every year to make up for it, so we do not forget we’re married!” She laughed— it was a joke. They could never forget how very, very married they were. Even if she was going on a “date” with the handsome and burly Balder Schwartz. But maybe that was the mulled wine talking.

It had never even occurred to Michiko to change her family name. Her family had carried it as long as... well, as long as people had been on Hoenn! They had not always been in Petalburg City, where her grandfather had built her ancestral home that she and Mickey now shared, but always they had been Maeda. It was a common name, but she felt it was important!

Unfortunately, Michiko lacked the wit to explain any of this, simply saying “...And I cannot pronounce.” Which, honestly, did make for the simplest explanation. Considering the profound depths of their love, maybe she would have considered changing her surname had it been something short and simple, but Theodoropolous? She couldn’t even make half of those sounds.

“Masked Royal! I don’t know this character!” Michi exclaimed, patting her coat pockets for her phone. “I want to look him up!” She lost focus on her skates, however, and began to drift towards the opposing lane where a pair of fast-shooting kids were demonstrating how swiftly they could speed-skate down the rink. Oblivious to her peril, Michi pulled out her phone and began to search for the heroic pro-wrestler.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 6:16:04 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Renewing their vows every year... That was something interesting. And cute too. While it was a joke, Balder couldn't help but smile at the cuteness the old lady displayed. It showed that she loved her husband and that was a really good thing. Maybe she was this way because of the alcohol he consumed previously, but the alolan man wouldn't know that.[break][break]

But the other explanation she gave as to why they didn't share the same names did get a laugh of the man. "Well if that wasn't the most honest answer I've heard today. I have to agree that his name does seem hard to pronounce so I get you. And, as you said indirectly, changing the surname doesn't affect the amount of love you share for him."[break][break]

As Balder said this, however, the lady pulled out her cellphone to start a search on the character that the event host mentioned. The way she was seeking knowledge was admirable, but her air-headedness... That was troublesome. Balder was amused to her go in a sort of trance to look for the characters until he noticed the kids coming down. "Shi- Watch out Michiko!"[break][break]

Expecting that she wouldn't react on time, the man picked up the speed, doing a tight turn as he grabbed the lady by the waist and lifted her onto his shoulder, skating away from the dangerous area the married woman was in. As he skated them back towards the entrance of the rink, the man lifted his head to look at his "date". "Are you alright?"

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 11:35:47 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

“Oh, it’s here! I found him!” Michi exclaimed, pulling up his fan page. “Eee, he is cool! It is saying he is very famous!” The bad boy, battle-royale bombshell himself, no one knew the true identity of Alola’s Masked Royal (though there was plenty of speculation.) Michi clicked through a fan analysis of the symbolism on his mask, getting excited. He wasn’t the type of ‘character’ she’d been expecting, but she loved a good mystery. “Who do you think—”

All the breath left her lungs in a whoosh as she was lifted off the air like a dancer in an ice ballet, Balder effortlessly spinning her around and setting her on his shoulder as easily as a Gurdurr with a girder. The kids shot past where she’d been just moments before, yelling and laughing. Michi could barely let out a squeak, heart hammering in her chest at the close call.

“I am so sorry!” she exclaimed, still a little shell-shocked, when Balder looked back at her. “It’s... I was not being careful. Thank you.” Maybe it was time to go back. After such a daring rescue, her legs were far too weak to keep skating anyway!

“Balder, thank you,” Michiko said once she was back in her normal shoes and they were both standing outside the rink again. She inclined her head, phone still clutched in one hand. “And thank you for telling me about Masked Royal! Maybe I will become a fan too!” She gave a little laugh, seeming sincere. 

Now that she had her handbag again, she seemed to remember something and dug around inside before presenting the man with a waxy, bright orange fruit, carefully wrapped and packaged. “Oh, for you! This is a ripe persimmon from my garden! The Lunatone didn’t get them all this year.” She beamed. “Thank you for all your hard work during the festival!”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
rosé at the rink [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 6:53:37 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Yep, she wasn't being careful. At all. But the fact that she was entranced by the search for the Masked Royal was still something cute to observe. And the fact she was already interested in discovering who he was showed how much she cared about that kind of characters and mysteries.[break][break]

After rescuing the lady, the man reached the entrance and proceeded to let her off his shoulder. "It's fine, you don't have to worry about it, it happens." Her adding that she might become a fan of Masked Royal did bring a smile on the alolan's face. "Good. You're going to have a fun time trying to find out who he is."[break][break]

After removing their skates, Balder was preparing to return to his duties and finish the plans for Tonight. As he was about to say goodbye to the lady, she proceeded to approach him and give him a gift: a ripe persimmon straight from her gardens. This had been unexpected... And he somewhat felt bad he hadn't prepared any gifts. The man proceeded to grab the fruit, a soft smile on his face.[break][break]

"Thank you for the gift. And for participating as well. It.. sucks that I hadn't planned a gift for you in return though, but I do hope the experience of this winter will be a great gift for you." On that note, Balder grabbed the lady's hand and dropped a quick kiss on it before exiting the location, proceeding to complete his plans for the night.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?