[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
overtime

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

indeed, when almost all of the league officers have taken their holiday break amidst the wintry festivities, a lot of work is left out to those who will stay at their post. selena takes her time to volunteer in one of the watches in her city's most coveted site of exploration.[break][break]

“i hope i'm just right on time.”[break][break]

she greets the other person with a cheerful demeanor, waving her hands with circe following from behind her. this is indeed a long night's watch against possible thieves but she is confident they can handle the situation with just the two of them.[break][break]

ooc: archaeological avalanche (ee) mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#open

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 16:18:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

To be fair, Alexei didn’t feel like celebrating this year. Even if his one and only drag son had called for an invitation to spend the holidays with him, it wasn’t going to be for another couple of days.

So, being the good boss that he is, he gave the staff members working at the Sanctuary paid time off for the holiday season, and temporarily closed the place.

Off to Lilycove he went after that was done. There were almost no watering holes that were open in Fortree, and the next biggest city nearby was Lilycove, so he had already braced himself for the wave of people he was going to encounter doing some last-minute shopping.

What he wasn’t expecting, though, was seeing a familiar pinkette patrolling near one of the recently-excavated sites…

“Selena?” he blinked, swiping his hands through his eyes to hide the fact that he had been crying a few hours ago. “Surprised to see you not… not being busy with the holidays. Isn’t this supposed to be like, one of those big holidays in Kalos or something.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 3:47:51 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“it is!”[break][break]

she taps the shoulder of her watchmate to tell that she has an unexpected company. she mouths the words, i'll be back, before she proceeds to where alexei is standing.[break][break]

“but i'm not in kalos right now so it's fine. how about you? why looking so glum when it's almost the holidays?”[break][break]

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 17:21:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Uhh,” he muttered, quickly clenching his cheeks in his hands before taking a deep breath. “Well, you see… a lot of things happened. I don’t… really feel like… celebrating Christmas. Something bad happened.”

Thankfully, it wasn’t involving his sisters, because he might’ve passed out from sheer worry about it. Instead it was something else entirely.

“I—are you free after you’re done patrolling?” he asked a few moments later. “I might need a shoulder or two to… cry on,” he hiccupped at last, rubbing his hands against his face furiously.

No, he was not going to embarrass and make an idiot out of himself in front of so many people!

…or not, depending on how badly he kept his grief hidden. He was failing that part fantastically, so to speak.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 7:03:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“well, christmas is just like any other holiday.”[break][break]

selena finds it difficult to console someone. while she attempts to make light of her friend's situation, she knows his predicament will not just get away with a simple bluff.[break][break]

“i'm good, but this shift is a long, boring one too so i don't mind you joining us for now... if you don't mind?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 1:10:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Sorry if I’m just gonna be like that drunk-ass idiot in the corner…” he apologized as he rubbed the back of his hand against his face—specifically his eyes.

“Would you—are you going to mind a drink or two? Or do you have to stay sober until your patrol’s over?” he continued, fighting the urge to break down in public. Hell, he didn’t want to make a fool of himself but honestly he just needed someone familiar to talk to, to be around with.

It was like getting a stinger out of a wound, so to speak. Only thing is that it would take some time before the pain would really fade.

“How—how much longer do you have to go before this shift ends?” he asked quietly as he followed her back to where she was standing guard.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 18:20:23 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“you know, you can just join us here if you're not too busy.”[break][break]

probably it's best to distract him from what's hurting and bothering him for the time being. it's cause he will still share about it even when her shift's not yet finished. at least that's what she thinks.[break][break]

“nothing's happening anyway. and besides, if something does, unfortunately, then at least we'll get more company. right?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 18:30:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, thank fuck nothing’s happening because you wouldn’t want to see me go on an angry crying spree. Or chase some asshat down while drinking. Drinking on duty? Hah, fastest way to get me fired,” he continued as he dabbed at his eyes.

Holy shit was he going to be stress-baking after tonight? Or stress-cooking and then stress-eating? All the cards and signs pointed in the direction of a resounding “YES”, all things considered.

“What did they find this time,” he inquired as he gestured to the place that they were supposed to be guarding for the evening. “Some new weird-ass fossils? I remember doing this like, two years ago…”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 19:52:26 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“right. no drinking for now.”[break][break]

she is baffled with 's change in demeanor. this incident surely hit him hard to make him this way. it is even worse than when killed one of the wild phiones.[break][break]

“it could have been related to the megalopolan invasion so i figure i must help guard the site when everyone else is feeling the holiday spirit.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 19:57:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“The space cannibals?” he mused, fishing out a hand towel and wiping his face against it.

Okay, that felt much better. He could only guess what the League had found that needed a higher level of security.

“Well, when I did something similar to this two years back—there was a vein of fossils not too far from here. I got Terra, my Aerodactyl, from it as a reward,” he explained. “You think they’ll do the same and reward another fossil?” he pondered, wondering if this was the same.

If it wasn’t, well they’d better get paid a little more at least.

“You think the cannibals can find anything they can use here? I doubt if their world is the same as ours, but well… who knows?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 20:02:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

she could almost laugh at what the guy has just told her. is he not being attentive for the entirety of the lilycove warfront incident?[break][break]

and then she realizes he could not have an idea why they tried to invade hoenn.[break][break]

“of course. i remember. you were asleep in that meeting.”[break][break]

selena's teasing is not meant to poke fun on , but to at least bring a smile on his face. she hopes.[break][break]

“i mean, they erected trammels here that i guess extracts some deep-earth energy to summon those ultra wormholes. what's underneath this fossil could have been really useful. but then again, i'm not a scientist so i'm not so sure.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 20:12:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh shut up,” he grumbled, rolling his eyes. “The gore was too graphic. You know this,” he added as he crossed his arms a few moments later.

Fossil fuels? Space cannibals and fossils? That was strange.

“You remember those weird purple… I don’t know if you can call it a Pokémon, but, well… you think they’re looking for food for those strange things?” he mused again.

He remembered seeing so many of them flying around—but thank fuck the space cannibals were too hyper focused to pay attention to what was going on up in the skies where he had stayed for most of the battle.

“Wish we could figure out what they’re thinking,” he grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest before letting out a huff.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 20:20:06 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“i own one.”[break][break]

there is no need to hide it anymore. the guard she is supposed to guard the site is already asleep.[break][break]

“with my experience with akhlys, i think they are bred to be megalopolan's killing machine. thanks to the antidote, however, their natural insticts are tamed.”[break][break]

as for 's question, the league could have already questioned the megalopolan in our custody. that is probably the reason too why hoenn adventours start their excavation in the warfront areas. problem is, there is not enough avenue for hoennians to really understand what is happening to their homeland.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 20:32:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You own one?” he confirmed, blinking at her. She didn’t look like the type to own one of those… killing machines. Yes, the ones he’d seen in the war were efficiently frightening killing machines, with only one purpose: to decimate anyone and everyone in their path.

He cringed at the mention of the antidote, before shaking his head.

“Still hard to believe the region’s still recovering from the war. So much poison left everywhere. And it’s not even the normal kind of poison that we can easily get rid of…” he sighed.

While he wanted to reveal to her that he also had one of those purple things, he decided not to—at least not unless he was explicitly asked about them.

“Asides from taking over our world—why do they like eating people? The fuck’s that shit supposed to be?” he huffed a few moments later.

Cannibals…

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
overtime [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 20:41:52 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

overtime

“because they do not treat us the same as them.”[break][break]

it is not an insult nor a complement. it is just simply the way it is. their problem is also simple: they need resources, they need food, and hoenn is the viable option.[break][break]

“whoever labels them cannibals in the first place should need to get their eyes check.”[break][break]

there is a brief chuckle before the guard finally wakes up, the seeping light from lilycove sunrise slithering through the slit of his closed eyes. he apologizes to his companions and tells them they can already leave.[break][break]

“oh, it's actually tomorrow now.” she takes a deep breath before standing up and offering her hand to . “let's talk about it over breakfast, then?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES