awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
christmas cheers [s/milky]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 23:01:22 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
A festive cheer. A festive joy. Laughter and delight filled the atmosphere and glistened in people's hearts like the sparkling Christmas tree lights. An assortment of wrapped gifts were settled beneath the natural pine needles, their wrapping and ribbons varying in shades of red and green. On the kitchen counter, sided by tall candles with flaming wicks that shook and shivered, was another assortment of Christmas treats and snacks. Gingerbread shaped cookies. Strawberry and blueberry tarts with few pieces remaining. Lollipops made to look like little Stantler with ribbons tied around the base of their heads. Marshmellows that looked like snowmen. 

A Christmas melody played in the background of active conversations. Sleigh bells ringing. Starly in a pear tree. Grandma got run over by a Stantler. The children always sang loudly when that one played, their joyous laughter filling the air. Sometimes, the parents would join in. But mostly, they were busy drinking eggnog, playing Christmas themed games, and catching up on all the fun activities of the past year. Some of this sat before the fireplace, kept alight by a small Charmander with a red and green ribbon tied around her neck and a Santa hat upon her head. She seemed to enjoy the constant attention from the children's cooing and fawning over her adorable little outfit. In all these places, adults conversed and detailed their past journeys.

Did you hear about Henry's surgery? I heard that Delilah finally got pregnant. Beautifly and I finally won our first contest last month! The conversations were endless. It was a delightfully joyous time for all of those involved in the Foster's Christmas celebration. As typical of the rehabilitation group, their Pokemon had also been invited to join in on the celebration, though some were required to stay outside (the house wasn't that big, after all). Christmas lights sparkled and glittered along the outdoor fences and each and every Pokemon had been given a special treat suitable for their type. Some had even been given gifts to share with each other.

Yes. Yes. Once again, it surely was a joyous time for all. And Caroline was no exception. Within the warmth of their home, she wore a sleeveless red and black plaid dress that reached down to her knees and fit snug with a black ribbon around her waist. She wore a headband with red antlers and a silver necklace with a minimalistic Christmas tree around her neck. With her mother and father, she laughed and joked in the active socialness of their evening. Many of the visitors were people whom she'd not seen and the joy she felt listening to their recent activities was unparalleled. The day couldn't get any better.

close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 23:32:09 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

christmas was one of the best times of the year. at least, leo thought so. his family was big on the holidays as well. not only was his mother a devout catholic, but the olddale town remained one of the most festive places in all of hoenn. again, at least, from leo's perspective. he couldn't have been expected to know anything else though — he'd only really been to slateport and olddale, though he'd occasionally spent vacations other places. it wasn't that big cities like slateport didn't celebrate, they just did it different. leo thought of the ornanments and candy hapshazardly stuffed into a goodie bag that his ta had given him for the end of the semester. he thought about the dollar-store bought wreaths hung rushingly on his dorm-room door. none of it amounted to the same warmth and familiarity he felt when walking into his childhood home — the smell of a roasting turkey, sweet sugar cookies, of piles and piles of pan de atun his father set on the dining room table. 

[break][break] he and his parents walked into the familiar home of the foster's farm with ease. his father was easily turned away by other neighbors, an arm thrown around him as they were directed to the tv to talk about soccer and politics. his mama was turned away too, heading directly to the kitchen, full of pre-prepared foods that she intended to warm up and share the festivities with. leo himself wore an obnoxious christmas sweater his mother had made for him, paired with beige pants. his zebstrika peanut was outside - too big to fit in the foster's main home - but she was catching up with old barnyard friends too — after all, she had grown up here. queso, his togedemaru, scurried quickly between his feet and headed towards the charmander wearing a santa hat, eager to feel the warmth of the fireplace. 

[break][break] leo's eyes were bright as he noticed among the crowd. he immediately jumped up behind her, throwing his arms around her in a carefree hug. "hey! merry christmas!" he grinned, a perfectly gummy smile as he leaned himself against her, not at all cognizant of his very public display of affection.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-fletchling gender-female"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-zebstrika gender-female"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-togedemaru"]

[newclass=.leo b]color:#e9990f;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo i]color:#e9990f;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo span]font-family:roboto mono; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.05); padding:5px; line-height:13px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo .pkspr]color:#e9990f; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=roboto+mono]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 8:17:34 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Daisy tapped her hooves on the ground in excitement as she noticed a group of familiar faces approaching the farm house. Leo's colorful Christmas sweater caught an eye of curiosity, but it was quickly stolen away by the sight of her old friend. The black and white Zebstrika's pelt glittered beneath the glow of a thousand Christmas lights curled around posts and laced across ceilings and roofs. She nickered as the Zebstrika approached, her flames casting a tender glow around her near surroundings. The humans entered the building, but Zebstrika remained outside where Daisy nudged her with excitement. She wanted to run together. Like they used to.

On the inside, Caroline was unaware of Leo's approach. She was offering her newly acquired Slurpuff a piece of snowman-shaped marshmallow when two long arms, attached to an equally (dare she say, abnormally long body) were thrown around her in a hug. "Leo!" Caroline's voice piped up with bright excitement as she spun her body and wrapped (much shorter) arms around her old friend. On her tippy-toes, she planted an affectionate kiss to his cheek. It'd been years since Leo's height had suddenly shot for the sky, but it was a shock that she let die.

"Merry Christmas!!" Her words beamed with excitement as she left the Slurpuff to nibble on her marshmallow. An arm stretched out to (in exaggeration) support the weight he pressed upon her. For someone so skinny, he weighed as much as a Wailord. "Oof, what have you been eating?" A joke, but honestly she didn't mind the touch of her friend. They'd been close ever since they were children, two kids left to pave their own journeys through the farm land. Caroline ready to cause trouble and Leo just along for the ride.

"It's been soooooooo long since I've seen you. What, like? A million years? Have you gotten - oh, no - have you gotten taller??" She laughed, but then abruptly stopped. "Oh no, maybe I'm getting smaller." She stared at her hands in disbelief, but her gaze then reached up to his with a glint of mischief, though her next words held nothing of the jokes she learned from her father. It was honest, short, sweet, and straight to the point.

"I missed you. Did you eat?"
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 16:15:05 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

These days, few things brought the Zebstrika the same childhood excitement she felt whenever she was on the foster's farm. Whether it be adulthood or evolution, she felt like she had to take care of leo rather than what should have been the other way around. However, the sight of an old friend had the electric type's face brightening with excitement and she let out a whinny of pleasure as the other nudged her cheeks. She stamped her hooves against the ground and inclining her head a bit, tail swaying behind her. 'Wanna race?' her eyes seemed to say.

[break][break] Meanwhile, inside the Foster's residence, Leo was doing what he always did best -- bothering his friends. took his abrupt introduction at ease, like she always did. The boy leaned back with a trademark grin, as she pushed a hand against his chest to support the weight that he'd been leaning on her. "Merry Christmas," he parroted back, before his eyes narrowed playfully at her comment. He huffed. "Well, lots! But not your cooking — definitely not your cooking." He chuckled. "I'm still alive, after all."

[break][break] His mother's face had been priceless coming home to a ruined kitchen, and a near-dead Leo. If there was anything that Mrs. Rio still held a grudge against, it might have been the Foster's daughter's attempt on her poor son's life.

[break][break] "Have you gotten taller?? Oh no, maybe I'm getting smaller."

[break][break] Another laugh burst out of the boy at her words, and if possible, his grin got bigger. "Yeah, you definitely got smaller." His eyes twinkled, his tone teasing, before he abruptly jumped forward and pulled her into another hug, this time squeezing tightly before letting go. "I've missed you!" He pouted. "College isn't the same without you there." Though, he knew, going to college had been his decision. He was his parents' only child. He couldn't let them down, running off to some ranger school without even attempting hitting the books.

[break][break] His stomach rumbled, and he looked at her sheepishly. "Okay, no, I haven't eaten today. 'Cause I just woke up, like an hour ago." The joys of being on school break.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-fletchling gender-female"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-zebstrika gender-female"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-togedemaru"]

[newclass=.leo b]color:#e9990f;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo i]color:#e9990f;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo span]font-family:roboto mono; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.05); padding:5px; line-height:13px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo .pkspr]color:#e9990f; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=roboto+mono]