awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
sleigh bells ring, are you listening? [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 11:16:28 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Chryssa tapped her fingers on the side of the sleigh, looking impatient.

As the evening had encroached, the city had started offering horse-drawn carriage rides around the outer ice rink of Fortree City, offering a night view of the decorated city in all its splendor. Employing Pokemon to draw the vehicles freed up any need for drivers, so young couples or dates from the event could lease them freely.

Chryssa had thought it was a nice opportunity to rest her legs while catching up with fellow detective and ghost-buster Priam, but there was a problem.

“He’s late,” she murmured to herself, checking her nonexistent watch on one wrist. “My my, Mr. Priam, what creature has devoured you?” That was the only reasonable explanation for why the dashing boat-driver and expert treasure-hunter would keep her waiting. It was a pity to lose him so young, but that was just the way of the world, wasn’t it?

Feeling morbid after two dates now, Chryssa lifted the reins of the Ponyta-drawn sled to get its attention. “I’m ready to go,” she said airily. The flaming pony started, then began down the track, leaving the sled station behind. Chryssa glanced back and thought she actually saw Priam finally arriving on the scene, but she quickly turned, pretending to ignore him. “Let’s see if he can catch a moving target,” she said to the Ponyta, eyes kindling, then snapped the reins. ”Hiyah!”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,337 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 12:06:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
maybe he spent too much time in the bathroom to make himself presentable for his date.

his collar of his buttoned shirt was crisp, a coat he seldom wears serving as a second layer for it. the hair doesn't look that much different than usual, but priam would argue that he spent more time styling it as usual. the topmost button was popped open in an attempt to look his best.

he appears on their meeting place with a bouquet of gracidea on hand. heavy breathing and beads of sweat rolling from his temple ruined the fresh image he wanted as he rushed, although the sight of the ponyta going off takes the smile off of his expression.

"hey, glasgow! you better stop that carriage!"

the sudden grip on the bouquet ruins its packaging as he chases after the sled. he takes wide strides, although each swing appears to damage the petals of the flowers as he went. unsurprisingly used to the art of running away, priam makes decent distance as far as atheletic people are concerned.

"i want my date! give me a proper date!" he continues to yell as he runs.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 3:12:53 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
“Hah-hah-hah! You’ll never catch me!” she cried merrily, hair blowing behind her in the wind. She decided she loved the sleigh—it felt empowering standing like a charioteer, cracking the reins over the rented Ponyta’s flaming back. “Stop me if you can!”

Chryssa couldn’t know that most Ponyta reduced to cart duty were retired Pokemon that had grown old and fat after many gym battles and were now just happy to give young couples pony rides around a track. Rather than speeding up, her Ponyta slowed down at the turn, slowing to a careful plod to make sure the sleigh wouldn’t tip over (and also to give its occupants a prime view of the central stage, where many of the decorations were.)

Priam actually hadn’t been that far behind to begin with and Chryssa sighed, slumping in her seat as the young man came running up almost even with the sleigh. She draped herself over the railing listlessly, head lolling.

“I was hoping to get some drifting action,”
she said, “But I suppose you can join me. Put the flowers in the back with the others.” There was already a battered bouquet of red carnations and a basket of wooden balls in the back seat, souvenirs from her previous speed dates.    

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,337 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 18:31:38 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam cannot fight in the exchange of words much, concentrating on catching up more so. he does eventually succeed, albeit not to his own abilities. the reality doesn't happen in his head though, and the romanticized version of him being a great athlete instead happens.

"i did it!" he says in between gasps of air, a fist raised high in victory. "i'm the best!"

each step he took to get to the seat beside her was heavy. the bouquet was mindlessly thrown on the pile on the backseat, before he immediately goes back for it, picking out the least damaged flower and plucking out the stem out of the bouquet.

"i dunno what this means, but it's like the most special flower there is," he tells chryssa while he's still panting. he reaches the flower towards her, expecting her to take it. it costs the most out of 's garden, so he hopes his efforts of taking it away from him wouldn't be in vain.

priam slouches as he attempts to rest after the race against something he wasn't meant to race. "so, what's the plan, miss glasgow?" he asks. "do you just want a pleasant ride with just you and me?"

the attempt to be romantic fails with his composure failing due to fatigue.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 2:32:55 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Interest piqued by the flower, Chryssa took it from him with a bemused but pleased expression. She turned it back and forth, admiring the single blossom.

"Ah, a Serpent's Bell!" she exclaimed as if she knew all about it. "When its essence is extracted, it makes an undetectable and deadly poison-- so rare that it doesn't even show up on most tests! It was historically beloved by assassins, but it takes meticulous tending to reach maturity." She spun it between her fingers. "...I love it, thank you!"

Whether any of that was true or not was variable-- she might have said the same thing while holding a daisy. Then again, maybe she knew what she was talking about.

Putting the (possibly) deadly flower behind her ear, Chryssa smoothed back her hair and took the reins again. "Why, I want to race, of course! Look-- those people look like a good target," she said, leaning over Priam to point at another horse-drawn sleigh trotting along the outer rink. An elderly couple were sitting in it, admiring the view of the snow-covered city.

"Challenge them, Mr. Priam!" Her eyes shone. "With our combined might, we'll surely prevail!"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,337 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 15:31:34 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"wait, did i get the wrong thing?" he wonders out loud. "i'm pretty sure i got gracidee... graciday? whatever that flower's called." priam scratches his head as confusion takes over him, lingering on his mistake before chryssa shows gratitude regardless.

"you do?" he peps up. "y-yeah! i mean, that's definitely what i had in mind! haha!"

soon after, the entire situation shifts to something way too different with how priam thought everything would go. he gets riled up easy, and despite not being competitive by nature, it only takes him a bit of nudge to follow a direction he was shown.

the smile widens to a grin and priam stands up from his seat. "hey! hey! hey!" he keeps repeating, trying to be polite, until the elderly couple notices him. "give us a race! us versus you two!"

they receive a chuckle from them before the one with the reins tighten his hold on them. they're apparently okay with it from the looks of it.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 6:32:31 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Hey! Hey! Hey! Oh, that got their attention.

Chryssa did her best to pose languidly in the background behind the standing Priam, trying to give off that ‘challenging’ air. She drummed her fingers on the side of the sleigh confidently. “Marvelous,” she said when the other couple seemed to agree.

She handed the reins over to Priam with a hidden smile. “You’re our driver, aren’t you?” She had a little more faith in him on land than on the open oceans. Besides, the Ponyta hadn’t responded particularly well to Chryssa up til now. “Are you ready?” she called over to the elderly people, “Get set... go!” She mimed a starting pistol, shaking one hand in the air with a merry. “Psshew!” She pretended to cock a shotgun and “shot” that into the air too. “Ka-boom! Let’s ride, Brave Priam!”

She laughed merrily as the wind streamed past and the sleigh began to pick up speed again. Off to the side, the old couple were picking up the pace as well. She hoped no ice skaters got in their way— with the two sleds side by side, there wasn’t much room on the ice track for pedestrians.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,337 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 16:55:55 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what?!"

there wasn't anything similar in his eighteen years of experience that he can reference to drive anything similar to a chariot of sorts. he takes the reins regardless, too conditioned to follow any instruction given to him. it felt right in his hands, and in that moment, he gains a burst of confidence.

"you really want me to show off, huh?"

priam tightens the reins around his arms before he drops back to his seat, giving an instinctive pull on the ponyta. this is just like driving a car, he tells himself, except the engine has a mind of its own and the steering wheel doesn't make sense. "let's goooo!"

his eyes stray off away from the competition and concentrate more on the road. he's not sure what he's doing, but guiding the ponyta to the direction he wants doesn't seem difficult until everything goes the opposite of the way he wants it to be.

"wait, no, no, no!"

the ponyta steers of to a different direction, eventually going against priam's pulls through sheer stubbornness. his lips remain shut about the situation as he tries his best to get back on the race.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 6:20:37 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Of course Chryssa wanted Priam to show off. She wanted to show off, and it was going splendidly until that infernal old Ponyta decided to trot off in the wrong direction. Apparently it wanted to take them on Scenic Route B.

The old people chuckled as they clopped by, still on the main track. "Better luck next time, youngsters," the man said as they passed. Even the Ponyta looked smug.

Chryssa would not stand for such humiliation. "I'll take care of this!" she said darkly. She wound back her arm with her Claydol's Pokeball in one hand, ready to detonate the track behind them with Explosion and secure the win--

What am I doing?

Chryssa didn't usually question her own moral choices, but she was sure exploding a bunch of cars in an illegal street race was different than exploding senior citizens trying to enjoy a relaxing carriage ride. She sat down with a huff. "Ugh, so annoying!" What was she supposed to do now? Try and communicate?

...Yes. "Ponyta, will you please go back?" she asked, leaning forward. She saw a cream-colored ear flick back towards her. The Ponyta continued plodding along in the new direction it had taken. "Well! I guess that's it, Priam," Chryssa said, crossing her arms and sitting back. "We're doomed-- wait."

The path ahead of them... she could see the main track again!

"It was a shortcut!" the girl exclaimed, sitting up suddenly. Their Ponyta flicked an ear again, looking smug. Chryssa seized Priam's arm, pointing ahead of them to where she could see the sled station. The finish line. "Victory can still be ours! Go, go, go!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,337 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 7:44:43 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam's brain was already racking up for excuses he can use, like being respectful to the elderly by letting them win, when chryssa points him to a direction they could head to, metaphorically and literally.

"we can do this!" he exclaims as he seizes up the reins of the ponyta once again.

he pulls it once again and takes control over the ponyta, the sudden burst of confidence in this one action managing to subordinate the pokemon through its animalistic tendencies. he directs the pokemon to the shortcut chryssa had pointed before letting out his war cry.

"let's go, ponyta!"

they'll reach the finish line eventually. it's only a matter of time how reckless priam gets with taking the lead and how receptive the ponyta is with taking two chaotic teenagers for a ride on a road that wasn't meant to be travelled on.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga