Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
bath bombs in the hot springs [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 18:34:56 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Of course Izumi had acquired some new bath bombs from somewhere other than Hoenn.

Of course she wanted to test them out and see just how fragrant they were.

Well, the problem here was—was it going to work in hot springs water just as well as it did in a bath tub at home?! There was only one way to find out—and that was to book one of the hot springs in the little town they called home for themselves for the evening.

Of course the kids were being taken care of by her mom in the meantime, because this was going to be some good ol’ conversation between the husband and wife!

Not to mention that they had completely missed a war and not realized what the fuck had gone down until the media had blasted it over and over and over again on the television, on the Pokénet…

Honestly it was just time to relax.

Chuckling, she held one of the vanilla and jasmine-scented bath bombs and looked around, wondering when Josh was going to get there and join her.

“Bombs away,” she chuckled as she yeeted the bath bomb into the deepest part of the hot springs. Watching the surface of the water change as the bath bomb made contact with the water, releasing its potent ingredients and infusing the water with that delicious smell…

time to break in the new bath salts for new year, new me (us)

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 20:31:59 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Yeah... "Missed" the war. That sounds about right. Josh was actually on patrol for a lot of that whole war thing. He hadn't been able to jump on the front lines, unfortunately. His role had been to play support. Trying to help out with relief efforts and even getting into a few fights as the effects of the war drove Pokemon all over Hoenn mad. It was a terrible thing to experience, and he hoped he wouldn't have to again anytime soon. He was exhausted, to say the least. So when Izumi told him she'd booked a couple's day at the hot springs in Lavaridge, he was all for it.

Promptly stripping out of his shirt, the blonde soon joined Izumi as he sat down, settling his feet in the hot spring water first. He watched as she yeeted a bath bomb into the hot spring, and he laughed a little in turn.

But he'd brought a friend. Aside from Lightning who had been circling the hot spring to find a sweet spot, Josh had brought along a strange purple Pokemon that had fallen from the sky and conked him on the head. No matter what he did, it remained weak and with little energy. He was hoping perhaps the restorative properties of the springs might help it.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:11:41 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Now that the hot air was starting to spice up with the relaxing aroma of vanilla and jasmine, she turned to see her husband stripping out of his shirt and sliding into the water next to her.

“I couldn’t resist the bath bomb, okay? See what it does. Apparently the packaging said it ‘moisturizes’ and ‘makes the skin softer’ when dropped into the tub—of course they weren’t considering that I might throw it into the hot springs!” she began with a chuckle.

The purple… thing caught her attention, though.

“Josh—what the hell is that? she asked, tensing up for a few moments.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:17:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh smirked slightly when Izumi brought up the reason for the bath bombs. "Hey, whatever makes bathtime funtime, right?" he remarked with a small laugh as he leaned down and dipped the purple creature partway into the hot spring.

Apparently, Izumi had missed the memo when he texted her saying he'd be bringing it along, on account it had been weak all day despite his attempts to help it regain its energy since he'd taken it in yesterday, promptly asking what the hell it was. "A Pokemon, I assume. You miss the memo on your HoloWatch comm when I brought up that I was bringing it?" he inquired towards Izumi. "I apologize if this is sudden, as I know we planned this little date a bit ago. But after I finished with the war's relief efforts yesterday, this bugger fell out of the sky and crashed into my head. I can't find any information on it, so I assume it's some kind of new Pokemon species, but it's weak. I've tended to its wounds, I've fed it, I've let it rest. But it remains weak and barely reacts to anything. I was hoping maybe the hot spring would help it. You've heard about the rumored healing properties of the hot spring, right? I figured it might, you know... Help. Figured it was worth a shot."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:22:36 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“It—it hit you on the head?” she exclaimed, her tone going up in alarm as she quickly reached behind his head to check if there was a bump, or for fuck’s sake, a concussion!

“Why didn’t you go to the nearby clinic to get yourself checked?” she continued, her tone going into screechy levels now. “What if your brain’s bleeding or something?!”

At the sight of the weird purple creature, she couldn’t help but… try to puzzle what the fuck it was.

“Did you run it across your Pokénav data? Did anything come up?” she continued a few moments later, tsking in his direction as she continued to check if he needed to go to the clinic—or to the hospital down in Mauville—should there be any signs of a concussion.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:35:32 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh shook his head. "I'm fine, no injuries. I've already done an examination, once I got this Pokemon taken care of best I could" he brought up, remaining calm despite her sudden freakout. They were here to relax, after all. His calm should at least assure her that he was fine and he had taken the proper precautions. He had gotten conked good and nice on the head, but it wasn't his first rodeo. As the clinic had told him, his noggin was made of some strong stuff.

The purple creature began to twitch as he placed it into the hot spring, before suddenly...

"Poi!"

It darted out of his reach, floating in the air as it pointed its stinger at Josh. Lightning's sacs began to spark as it prepared to attack if need be, but Josh held up his hands. "It's alright, it's alright! I'm here to help!" Josh quickly reassured it. He pointed down at the hot spring, keeping his calm. "Try it. It looks like it's done some good."

The creature looked down at the hot spring, as it started to lower itself downwards into it. "'ve checked all my data. There's nothing. If it's a Pokemon, it's undiscovered at least in official records. It's possible if there are more of them, the League might have more information though. But I've been too busy trying to keep it alive to contact them."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:41:52 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“You can’t just say ‘you’re fine’ after doing a self-examination!” she all but screeched at this point, resisting the urge to stand up and douse him in a big tidal wave of hot springs water.

The purple… thing… then shot out from the water before pointing its tail at Josh.

“What did you do?!” she continued to screech a few moments later as the purple one had its tail pointed at him in an aggressive manner. “Do I have to get out of the water?!” she added a few moments later, alarmed at the sight of the ‘yellow menace’ near the water.

I don’t want to get fucking zapped! she screeched in her head, eyes on the Raichu and ready to flee should a misguided attack land in the water and cook them.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 22:42:43 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“It wasn’t a self examination”
he cleared up quickly with a small sigh. “I went to the clinic. Check your messages, I filled you in earlier, dearest” he pointed out but his focus was on the creature for now. It steadily lowered itself into the waters and Josh could tell right away that it had begun to calm down. He breathed a sigh in relief he motioned to a spot where it could settle down, for smaller Pokemon and it obliged, sitting down and enjoying the waters.

“Least it likes the hot springs” he breathed as he motioned for the Raichu to stand down. He looked to Izumi. "Leave it alone, let it relax. Let it get used to our voices. It was basically conked out for most of the time I've had it, so I probably just spooked it."

He gave her a pointed look. "That means calm down. Don't risk spooking it again."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 23:12:58 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“How the hell did you survive getting hit on the head with a… is it even a Pokémon, she asked, looking over at the strange purple thing. She honestly had no idea how to classify it, so there you go.

As always, she edged further away from the Raichu, making sure to put as much distance between it and herself as possible. Especially near water? Oh, that was a recipe for disaster…

“Did you even ask around if anyone knew what it was?” she continued a few minutes later, finally calming down again.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 23:41:32 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"It looks like a Pokemon. And I don't know, it fell out of the sky and collided with me. It's not like it impaled me or something" Josh pointed out, quirking a brow to once again remind her that she was supposed to be CALM. Lightning stood down, and did as Josh said, climbing back into the water. Josh took Izumi by the hand and stepped into the water once more, submerging fully this time. He watched the creature from the corner of his eye. It didn't seem to mind them, in fact it was beginning to happily splash around.

"Seems harmless enough. I think we just scared it."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:11:11 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“How do you explain it suddenly getting hissy at you earlier?” she asked him, eyebrows raised as he returned back into the water. “Now it’s acting like nothing happened at all. Total 180 much?” she mused.

Her eyes were still on the Raichu though, there was no way she was going to allow herself to get blasted to kingdom come by an electric-type near the water. It was just too damned risky.

“So it just fell out of the sky then? Why it chose you I don’t know, but I’m thankful it didn’t choose me, I’d lose my shit over it…

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:20:25 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The blonde gave a resigned sigh. If he were a Jojo protagonist, there would be a "yare yare" right about now. "I told you, honey. It's barely responded since I took it in. I doubt it's even known where it's been until now. I clearly spooked it when I put it in hot water" he explained calmly. "I doubt it meant to act out. It's a wild Pokemon, it was scared."

Lightning meanwhile had returned to relaxing with its head barely above water. Josh took a deep breath as he submerged himself. Lightning had calmed down and so had this new Pokemon, so he had no reason to not enjoy himself in the hot springs. "You told me to take a break. Take one yourself, dear" be remarked with a small laugh.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:30:55 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Doesn’t look so wild to me now,” she said with a chuckle as she sank deeper into the water, up to her shoulders. Looking over at the strange purple Pokémon, she wondered…

“Hey… you think I can ask around at work? I mean, half the time you’re busy with the company and with other things your mom wants you to do. I’ve got… maybe a little more free time to loiter around the Ranger headquarters and see who has that,” she proposed, gesturing with a head tilt in the direction of the strange purple creature.

“…unless you want to ask them that yourself directly?”

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:54:21 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He smiled slightly at that remark as he loosed a breath as he went past his shoulders. She was right, he had definitely needed this. "A Pokemon's a Pokemon. Nothing that a good soak in Lavaridge's hot springs can't fix" he remarked, laughing at his sudden sales pitch. "Should try and get a job as a spokesman. I could do advertising, right? I have the voice for commercials, probably."

Izumi broached the question as to if she should ask around at work about the Pokemon, and Josh pondered it a moment with his eyes closed as he finally started to actually relax for once. He bobbed his head up to the surface a bit to speak. "I don't see why not. All this retirement talk from mom has me a bit fearful she could spring it on me anyday now, so I've been busy."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 1:59:37 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“You’re already in so many things, what did I say earlier about slowing down? she quipped, reaching over to give him a noogie now that he was at a reachable ‘height’ in the water. “You’re spreading yourself too thin again.”

“You know I think your mom’s right, you should cut back on having too much to handle…” she mused as she sank lower into the water, up to her nose. Letting the silence settle for a bit, she continued after a few more moments in the vanilla-scented water.

“I’d have to take a picture of the purple one and go in first chance I get. See if anyone else knows what it is. You fine with that?”