2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 13:36:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she felt slightly feverish, her mental and physical faculties feeling off. the intense headache that had struck still lingered, a dull echo of what it had been - but still present. overall she ached, her vision clear but still slightly blurry at the edges. it proved difficult for her to focus, her gaze shifting as her eyes rolled within her skull.

it was rare that she was ever truly sick, her ascension and healing prowess preventing illness from festering within her core. but due to her weakened state, she couldn't utilize her powers. it was simple enough to realize she lacked the energy and focus to do so, the girl appearing tired and small and covered in a thin layer of sweat; her brow moist with it.

cait had been aided into a pair of light pajamas, the fabric a powder blue and feeling cool against her hot skin. the bed beneath her felt soft and smelled like sénon and his shampoo, which immediately put her at ease as she clutched onto the comforter. she'd only just arrived at the apartment today and her present position allowed her to examine the room that was entirely his.

'it's nice,' she thought.

she blinked and shut her eyes with a shaky sigh, a fresh wave of shame coming over her. the memory of sénon's worried face and panic-edged voice came to mind, her eyes stinging with regret. a little sniffle escaped her, the former gym leader loathing the idea that she had caused him to worry about her well-being.

it's why she hadn't called for him following her being tucked into bed. she was admittedly thirsty - and a bit hungry - but she remained stubbornly silent; intent on enduring the slight discomfort. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 22:52:51 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Slateport was the best place for modest digs. A good starting point if you wanted to keep an ear to the ground about the criminal element of the city. It was one of the few places in Hoenn with a clear and distinguished seedy side. In the here and now it only further served to demonstrate how deep his desire for revenge, or perhaps vindication went.

To live among your suspected enemy to maintain a better awareness of their movements.

Not that any of that mattered now.

Over his unimpressive kitchen stove he minced garlic and chopped onions throwing them into a frying pan before starting on the bell peppers. The chopped sausage had been browning for a while now and the smell of sweet meat permeated his cozy little apartment.

She sound of a dignified voice cut through the silent focus of his thoughts. "S h e ' s  a w a k e ." Kadabra sat in meditation in the adjacent living room focusing on his spoon and all the conscious thoughts within the boundaries of their living quarters. It seemed conscious thoughts were easier to pick up on than those of a sleeping person. "S h e  w a n t s -"

Grabbing two glasses from the counter and one straw he turned the fire low on the pilot letting the meat and vegetables cook slow, cutting his psychic off with audible speech before he could finish. "Ah-Ah-Ah, no cheating Kadabra." He couldn't rely on telepathy to be a proper provider and caretaker. "-and no more thought-picking now that she's awake."

It was obvious she'd want when she was awake. At least, he assumed.

It was true assuming made an ass out of the assumer but if he was wrong about his assumption, he'd gladly wear that hat. It wasn't the first time he'd been an asshat in her presence. "Let's go ladies. . ." Cait's little ones along with a Chansey and an Alomomola entered the room, a Tsareena already in the room perked up from her corner.

Before they got to the thick of it he offered her her choice of beverage. "Super cold apple juice with ice." He gestured to the right glass. "Slightly colder than room temperature apple juice, no ice." He gestured with the left.

Tsareena's AROMATHERAPY having done its job (or not) wasn't needed anymore and so she was recalled to her pokéball.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 1:44:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait blinked owlishly as senon and his entourage of pokemon made their entrance - the corners of her lips soon tugging upwards into a small smile as she quickly identified her girls. the young pokemon tentatively climbed their way onto the bed, taking care not to crowd their mistress as they settled on the soft material. they appeared satisfied enough to remain close, their combined gazes fixated upon the obviously weary woman.

"
thank you," she murmured.

there was relief as she accepted the glass of 'below room temperature' apple juice. she propped herself upon the nest of cushions with obvious difficulty, wincing slightly as she did so.

'my hair's probably a mess,' she thought, worriedly.

she'd have her gardevoir tend to it, disliking the idea of wearing it freely within bed. cait only occasionally did so in her own bed, where the pillow cases were composed of satin material that comfortably cushioned her mane.

"
mmm.

cait returned the glass half-finished, reaching up to massage her brow with a hand.

"
i'm okay," she reassured. "i didn't scare you. did i?"

she relaxed against her nest, her thirst temporarily quenched. but the scents that slipped from the kitchen and permeated within the room left her belly rumbling, the faded sound of sizzling meat and sautéed vegetables causing her mouth to water with anticipation.

"
just give me a moment, baby. and then i can help you in the kitchen.

the woman didn't fancy being taken care of - not in the home, at least. cait felt that a setting like this one should be her domain, where she tended to her mate. but her strength had momentarily fled her, leaving her in a state where she'd be far too useless to manage even  relatively simple tasks.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/447.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/619.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/240.png

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 2:29:44 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Actually, you scared the shit outta me." He wasn't panicked anymore but the run home from the beach had been the longest ten minutes of his life. Revelations and clarity he hadn't expected were afforded to him through that unexpected dilation of time.

Handing her a straw for her drink he was surprised that she avoided the ice cold option, he took liked his drinks only mildly chilled or if consumed hot; scalding. On brand for a Cinnabarian.

Still sucker as he was for apple juice he wouldn't waste a glass, he downed 'ice cold' before doing the same to her remaining 'below room temperature' glass. "The apple juice was just to get some flavor on your tongue." Sliding open his closet door he reached in and reached down without looking to pull free a bottle of water which he handed over to Cait. "I have to keep you hydrated so, I need you to drink this whole bottle before you eat anything."

He still couldn't be sure what happened to her was some anxiety-triggered migraine or something more serious. As a talented kitchen dumb dumb what he did know was that easing her mind and nourishing her appetite was the best non-medicinal way to kickstart her body's ability to recover.

At her prideful insistence to get on her feet and help him cook she forced the first genuine smirk out of him in days, some of his old, cavalier, arrogant self rising back to the surface.

Even still he pointed his rubber scraper at her like it was a knife. "There is no 'helping me in the kitchen'; you're on the mend and you need to rest." Not to let her talk her way out of it he moved to leave the room, his body language saying she was free to move about the apartment.

She had the nicer bigger bed with more luxurious sheets, but his leather couches were easily more comfortable than hers. "Besides... Entremetier aren't allowed in my kitchen." Smugly, he returned to the stove leaving her with simple guidelines of conduct in his apartment.

"Put your feet up, and ignore the katana. I'll be serving soon."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 10:33:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a hint of a pout formed upon her lips, though she quietly accepted his instructions to drink. she took little sips, fearing she'd have to immediately run to the restroom if she gulped it all down in one go. cait beckoned with her free hand, encouraging her pokemon to come closer. it wasn't long before they were resting upon her form, seeking to cuddle themselves closer. 

"
i'm sorry about worrying ya'll," she said, directing the words of comfort toward her pokemon. "i'm alright."

he'd left her to continue prepping their meal, his female counterpart forced to relax in his absence. it proved easy enough, but her addled mind was just beginning to work properly. she thought back to her collapse, her memory abruptly ending following her heartfelt confession.

'good job, cait,' she thought, reprimanding herself. 'amazing work.' 

if she could - and she probably could - go back in time, she'd have stopped herself at saying she simply understood his position. but she had insisted on opening her mouth, causing her already delicate condition to flare.

"
have you three been behaving?

she questioned her pokemon, deciding to distract herself with their presence. her riolu nodded insistently, though her mienshoo shrugged and her magby only smirked a little. cait laughed at the mixed reaction, though she was forced to stop short - another stabbing pain manifesting. 

'right. no laughing.'

instead she shut her eyes and breathed, tentatively reaching out with her mind. celebi was on the other side, their presence familiar. the legendary appeared to also be under the weather, radiating discomfort and mild irritation as a result of the recent development.

"
ugh."

cait ran a hand down her face, visibly exasperated. she craned her neck, peering at the katana in the room. the woman released a snort at the sight of it. unfortunately she wasn't able to tell if it was simply a display piece - or held more practical uses. plenty of people - young men in particular - blindly purchased purely artistic blades that were not at all constructed to handle combat.

"
you three go out and play," she encouraged, lightly flicking at the noses of one of her girls. "and don't harass juken. alright? he's a good boy."  

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/447.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/619.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/240.png

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 20:13:11 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Chansey!" The Egg Pokémon waddled back into the room with her trainer's mate, her egg sac missing the egg. Happily she extended her nubby hands to offer the woman aspirin. When it was taken she would do what he ordered her to.

Chansey used HEAL PULSE.

From just beyond the bed the Chansey's side flaps would levitate slightly as her eyes evoked a healthy pink grow that emanated a glow around her form. Pokémon moves being the best he could do outside of cooking.

He hadn't a clue how effective it would be, but it was damn sure better than nothing.

"Once I got you back here, it seemed to be that keeping this quiet and between us was the right way to go." He spoke loudly from the kitchen, shuffling rice about the pan after letting the onions caramelize.

Of course he'd been only moments away from teleporting her to a hospital if not for Kadabra's sensory skills confirming she was merely unconscious. "I'm hoping that was the right call but a Chansey's HEAL PULSE is a far cry from a proper doctor's visit an MRI scan." There was no reason to rush into technology to solve the issue at hand, not with Cait's unique abilities and the likely changes it meant for her physiology.

Best to get her fed and relaxed and let her body do its thing from there.

He served it up hot and fresh, proud to provide sustenance to her satisfaction.

Placed on a bed platter/tray she could sit up and eat from; he slid into bed next to her lying back while she sat up; resting at her side.

She hadn't said but somewhere inside he knew next to him was where she wanted to be. Likely because, he felt the same. "As far as 'Trouble in Paradise?' moments go, this is kinda nice."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 22:07:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"thank you, chansey." 

she inhaled deeply, the soothing effects of the heal pulse washing over her in a potent wave. cait had taken the pill gratefully, chasing it down with the water that had been provided.

'i feel a little better.'

after her abduction, the young woman had gotten an examination done by a private doctor. she was physically healthy, though her blood sample returned showing an anomaly. her doctor had been bewildered, but she merely feigned confusion as they looked over the resorts. 

'let's just hope he doesn't think i have a tumor.' 

a headache of that magnitude warranted closer examination, but her beau had instead opted for a more private remedy.

"
it smells good," she remarked.

she eagerly accepted the plate, a bubbly and light feeling coming about as he nestled against her side. a familiar surge of happiness had the tendency to manifest when he was close, causing her mood to improve within moments. cait wanted to hold him, but she prioritized filling her empty belly first. the food melted in her mouth - the meal savory, warm and fresh.

she took her time with it, relishing the moment of peace. once she had polished off half of the meal, she'd turn to gaze at the man.

"
i'm really fine," she said. "it was just - "

the woman paused, considering her words with care.

"
ever since i had those injections..."

she let the words hang in the air, releasing a little sigh before tucking into what remained of her meal. once it was finished, she'd set aside the plate - leaving it upon the nightstand.  

"
i wish we met before all of this."

cait tucked herself against him, her hand moving to his head - her fingers seeking out his crimson locks. she shifted the topic elsewhere, her curiosity rising from the depths of her misery.

"are all of your family red-heads?

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 3:30:38 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

There was something about cooking a meal that soothed hunger almost as effectively as eating that meal.

From her side, with his hands behind his head he relished the scent in the air as she filled her belly. He found some sustenance of his own in wondering if she could taste the love he'd put into that dish. The way she curled up against him told him she did.

For a second he looked into her eyes saying nothing and then extended his head towards her take a kiss from her lips.

She started to break down her affliction but didn't get further than associating it with the injection they gave her in the middle of that fateful night. Comfortable letting her cling to him he kept his hands behind his head but jostled his body over to be closer to her. "Are you sure it's that?"

He turned to her with a serious expression.

"You might be pregnant." As far as running jokes went insisting he'd knocked her up despite her implant was one of his favorites. With a slight smile he closed his eyes listening to her voice as her curious hands occupied themselves with his hair, the braid long since taken down. "Red hair's a trait from my father's side, but there's not many of us, redheaded or otherwise. I've got a paternal first-cousin, Utah, her hair's closer to your color; blue-teal."

He mused, "How many sisters do you have?" Something about bringing up Utah made him curious about many good looking siblings Cait had.

Entering the room with a agile leap Jūken would sit atop the dresser, Cait's trio, not far behind him.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 4:02:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the smile that caused her white teeth to flash proved a familiar one, her cheeks flushed with a combination of amusement and pleasure.

"
pregnant?"

she always responded positively to such a jest, having realized that if she was carrying it wouldn't make for a terrible predicament. cait had a steady income, a home, an extraordinary family and a lover who adored her. 

'what more could a woman possibly want?'

"
i don't think i'd mind it," she mused. "but i doubt it's that, baby. better luck next time?"

she rested her head against his shoulder, her hand releasing his mane and resting idly upon his broad chest. cait felt his steady heartbeat beneath her fingers, taking comfort in the subtle sensation. 

"
with how often you come around i do a test once every two weeks. just incase."   

cait had never told him as much beforehand, having only just picked up the habit. it was only due to them going about it without the extra protection a bit of rubber could afford the pair.

"
all negative so far."  

her fertility was perfectly intact despite rocket's intervention, the woman having remedied her own paranoia with tests aplenty. so if her implant failed - there was that chance a coupling could result in a babe. 

"
hm?"

she'd blink once the inquiry was presented to her, snapping out of her distracted state of mind.

"
one younger sister," she said. "and three big brothers. we're always encouraged to have more than one. 'go forth and multiply' and all that."

cait's finger traced an invisible circle upon the man's clothed skin.

"
daddy was real happy to have a little girl. he loved his boys, but he had always wanted a daughter to spoil. he was the one to name me."

she allowed herself a little chuckle, her eyes twinkling with delight.

"
i predict i'll have the opposite problem. three girls and probably a boy sometime afterwards."

the sound of little feet stamping their way into the room caused her to raise her head, riolu and her two followers pursuing jūken. they'd settle at the foot of the dresser he had mounted, craning their necks to peer at their potential victim. cait's riolu had taken a liking to the little male, though she had a poor way of showing it. she'd gesture at mienfoo to climb the dresser and retrieve him, the pokemon obeying.

"
i never really name my pokemon," she said. 

cait watched as the four 'played'. 

"
i was thinking of naming my riolu. i just don't know what."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 6:12:59 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He watched Jūken watch him in turn before the 'girls' came after him. He sat on the edge on the dresser studying the auras of the two humans. When the Meinfoo tried to get him off the dresser he looked to Sénon about what to do.

Leaving his baby bodyguard to fend to himself he turned back to Cait.

"You should consider it. For a pokémon, having a name is like being given a piece of pride to protect." Adjusting his arms to allow for him to gently play at her curls absentmindedly. "It focuses their strength and resolve, and increases their bond with you, giving them a deeper sense of identity, same as people." He was quite proud of his name, and couldn't imagine a life without that sense of identity.

He remembered coming up with the names of his original team and they way their pride and swagger matched his own when he called them by name into battle. "Chances are you wouldn't be able to name them all but there's nothing wrong with naming the ones you can." Jūken quickly earned the right to be named but it took time for the name to work itself out. "It only becomes a problem if you name them for the sake of naming them, not because they've earned it or because it came along naturally."

"Jūken got his name from an old manga, I named him after a fighting-style that manipulates the enemies life force, not unlike how Riolu and Lucario are fighting-types that can read the "auras" of other living beings."

The puppy-ish pokémon tilted his head to the side hearing how he was named, only partially understanding his name sake. "Only two-syllables long, easy to say, sonic-ly distinct; its a good name." Watching the four interact he prodded Cait's sense of creativity.

"Tell me about this Riolu, how did you capture her, whats special about her?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 20:23:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her face warmed as he inquired about her riolu's origins. 

"
well - ..."

she trailed off, the memory relatively fresh within her mind.

- - - 

cait clicked her tongue, her elbows resting against a table as she mulled over her options. her luck had been adequate that night, her earnings in the positives as she gambled for no less than several hours. the games varied as she went from table to table, her face a familiar one as she played and accumulated her tokens. 

"
riolu?"

one game could potentially earn her a pokemon. the pokeball was considered a mid-tier prize, awarded to the winner of a simple dice game. 

"
why not?
"

she placed a stack of chips and claimed a seat, a hint of a smirk playing the corner of her glossy lips.

- - - 

"
adopted."

sénon was vaguely aware of how often she frequented seedy establishments, the woman indulging in gambling to an almost unhealthy degree. one night a week when he was absent, she'd don a small black dress and heels and made her way into fortree's night district. 

"
i was so charmed by him i decided to get one of my own. she's a real handful and a little young, but i think she has potential."

mienfoo had succeeded at climbing to the top, moving to deliver a shove to send the pokemon tumbling off his perch. 

"
i wanted to apologize about scaring you," she said, her voice transitioning into a murmur. "it's never been that bad before.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 20:39:48 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Some species were more pushy by nature and as much as he disliked how forceful the mienfoo was and comfortable it felt being forceful while it was guest in someone's home, "That one's a jerk." it was also good training for Jūken.

Learning when not to punch was just as important as learning when and how punching was appropriate. The Riolu and Magby had him cornered between the wall and the side of the dresser, if he didn't evade soon, he'd be at their mercy.

"She's special because you adopted her?" He narrowed his eyes at Cait's answer. "What does "adopted" even mean?" He might have been being a bit too technical but for League professionals like themselves there was no way to adopt a pokémon.

They could be befriended, captured, traded, bought or gifted. Each word carrying its own slightly different context.

Maybe gifted is what she'd meant, still she didn't really flesh out the details of where the riolu came from.

"You didn't steal her from someone did you?" It would make sense that Cait had a seedy side, even he dabbled in heists in his adolescence/early teens.

He squinted hard at her ready to detect a lie or mislead and looking quite comical while he did it.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 21:54:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she quirked a brow at him. 

"
so i look like the 'stealing' type now?"

cait feigned offence, a dramatic little huff escaping her. 

"
i won her off of someone. it was a little bet. a game of dice, to be exact."

her explanation leaned more so toward the truth, though she could have easily formed a far more simpler explanation. but the way sénon peered at her prevented cait from relying upon pure fabrication, his sharp-eyed gaze utterly piercing. 

"
don't give me that look," she whined.

cait moved to lightly slap a hand over his face, bearing a put-off expression as she did so.

"
it was a game done in a legal manner without any legal repercussions."

the woman spoke while at first blatantly ignoring the fact that her three pokemon were performing what appeared to be an impromptu war dance around juken, tightly circling and closing in on the youthful creature. 

"we should honestly intervene before juken ends up becoming a war bride."

cait's gaze had  eventually shifted, a hint of worry causing her features to scrunch up.  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 4:49:18 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Somehow he'd totally forgotten he was already well aware of Cait's seedy side.

It came sucker-punching him in the gut the moment she said the words "I won her." the "a little bet" was just redundant by that point. He hardly saw her leave anywhere when he was staying over so that likely meant she was going out, or hosting games at the cabin during his days away.

He wanted to lovingly scold her about the risks of her going out at night during the only nights where he wasn't around to back her up should something go wrong. He couldn't.

He was too busy suppressing and stifling his own chuckling, which he failed to do in mere seconds.

He couldn't figure out for the life of him why Cait's gambling problem was so funny to him. There was some irony in it that she still had no idea why the "Game's" were so well known in Johto and Kanto. If she loved him without knowing his family owned a chain of casinos in the 'twin regions' she'd be clawing out her own implant the moment she learned the full truth.

Of course the actuality of the Game Corners only making her addiction worse was a real likelihood so he'd kept the fact of their existence to himself. It was just so comical to think of his perfect little demigoddess' only weakness being a vice he'd conquered before puberty. "You're impossible."

It just tickled him to fucking pieces.

Even now he was belting out baritone bursts of laughter, just when it seemed like he needed to stop for air or the humor of it had dried up, he just let out another laugh. He knew what crazed gambling addicts looked like and it was hard to fathom Cait as one of them.

He had to get out of bed and walk it off, Jūken quickly kicking off the dresser's side to land and scale up Sénon's body, standing on his master's shoulder; the one place those meangirls wouldn't follow.

Sénon did a sweep returning Chansey, Gan and the Alomomola to their pokéballs, leaving Kadabra to watch the rest of them. Returning to stand in the doorway (Jūken riding shoulder-shotgun) he shook his head at her but he was clearly amused. "Do you rewind time when you run out of coins?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 17:21:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait's face felt uncomfortably hot - and her weakened state wasn't at fault for the heat that caused her cheeks to grow increasingly warm. she felt both embarrassed and strangely pleased by sénon's laughter, the man's boisterous laughter triggering a mixed response. 

'and of course it's at my expense.' 

but it was well worth it, she surmised - her pout transitioning into a small smile. 

"
i do not," she chimed, smirking. "my luck's pretty decent. but if i lose too much i'd take myself out of the game."

it prevented her from dipping into her savings by practicing that sort of self-discipline.  

"
and i've only ever time traveled once.

during her initial encounter with celebi, the pokemon had transported her to various points. and it hadn't been eons past - only months or years, at the moment.

"
i'd love to but - "

cait paused, her voice growing a bit more quiet.

"
i'm a woman," she said. "we didn't have the easiest time back in the day, you know? i'll have to bring someone along."

if history books were to be believed, she'd need an escort at the very least to navigate ancient society. so she'd require someone who'd be willing to tag along. senon was ultimately her first choice if she decided to make a trip - but she also imagined  as an ideal choice if she went further back.

'if he'd even agree to it.'

cait decided to scooch over to where sénon had been, relishing the warmth he had left in the wake of his absence.

"
were you interested? in time travel, i mean?"