1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 18:06:57 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Some people had too high an opinion of themselves to be laughed at, it was sexy as hell that despite her age Cait had matured enough to not be insecure about her less-than-ideal interests. Her sense of maturity was even more developed to hear she'd never of her own volition used her ability to traverse through their world's timeline.

The moment she reminded him of her gender and sex he understood.

If she went back too far, to the wrong place her power would be considered evil and immoral by those who just couldn't understand. As a woman she wouldn't even be given the option to explain herself. She would need a man by her side to justify her power, to smooth things over with the savage and the small-minded.

He'd never considered the limitations her natural identity put on her power. It made his laughter die, rightfully so.

She seemed to hint a desire to use her power in that way, to explore history, with him by her side. The initial rush of thoughts at leaving their current place in time to explore the past (and perhaps the future) made his kidneys flush to fill his bladder.

The implication to time-travel made him likely to piss himself.

It was an option he'd never considered even after learning about Cait's connection to Celebi. Despite the dare-devil he'd been as a child and the gambler he'd evolved into subsequently, he was keenly aware he wasn't the time lord's chosen one. In a sense to travel through time with Cait was grasp power he hadn't earned and didn't deserve, and thus was like asking begging for trouble.

Of course if she couldn't use that power the way she wanted without him, going along was a bit like giving her the means to liberate herself and own her power in a way she hadn't been able to until now.

It was a hell of a concept, with no appropriate answer.

"Interested, sure. The thought of it kind of terrifies me." He winced as he said the next words. "But if you needed me to..." Like he was sticking his hand into pure magma.

"I could. -would."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 18:25:55 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait shooed her girls away, indicating that they should relocate to the living area and behave until the lot were called upon again. they obeyed with an air of reluctance about them, appearing slightly miffed they had lost their prize. 

"i'm honestly curious about the future," she said. "
but time travel's a complicated process regardless of where you go and what you do."

she appeared to consider the preparations that'd be made prior.

"
we'd need period-typical clothing, money and pokemon..."

the process sounded exhausting, but she wanted to at least perform the act at least once in her lifetime. 

"i'll - erm - figure it out."

she paused for several beats, mulling over his hesitation before tentatively offering him a potential way out. 

"
i could ask someone else if you're not comfortable with the idea, baby. i think my boss would be willing?"

it was strange to think they had yet to meet. but fernando was a busy man, preoccupied by council business or work related to his company. 

"
you really should meet him one day," she mused.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 21:34:07 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Internally he continued to wince, the moment he gave even the first leanings into making a time-hop with her she was articulating plans and supplies aloud. Seemingly, it was something she wanted and had been thinking of more than he considered.

Yet, if it was what she wanted and she could handle moving them both safely through time, he would be her companion. His reluctance being a sign of his understanding that he was dealing with forces and circumstances greater than himself. Only a fool would jump at the chance to go barrelling through time on the back of someone else's power.

Try as she might to give him a way out the idea of someone going along with her because he was too intimidated by the concept made him uneasy. He couldn't trust anyone else to do something so crazy with his beloved in his stead. If Cait had somehow managed to sit on the power unused this whole time it spoke to him as fate or destiny that it was to be him to take that adventure with her.

From the idea of her boss going along with her instead she segued into him meeting the man one day. To which the ranger responded from the gut, loud and dismissive. "Pass." As grateful as he was that the man helped mold her into being the person he felt so strongly for, he wasn't someone the Game was waiting around to meet.

Fernando Silph would know who he was soon enough, when his own achievements and accomplishments warranted such awareness from the top of the League's hierarchy. He looked forward to meeting Cait's mother, her father, maybe even the god she worshiped with such devotion. Kanto's favorite son; it would happen when it happened and not a moment sooner.

"How long do I have?" Despite phrasing it like a death-sentence he was essentially telling her he would do it, reluctant as he was. Once he gave her the green light he imagined she would take off at lightspeeds to get things ready.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 2:09:46 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she considered how much time she'd invest to preparation prior to leaping into the abyss. 

"a few months to a year."

cait was in no rush to leave despite her apparent excitement, wanting to do her research of the ideal time period they could explore.

"
but i'll give you a heads up on the date," she promised.

she was a touch worried about sénon's blunt reaction to her proposal. the woman didn't doubt for a moment that fernando would be unfailingly polite to her beau. and she didn't expect them to become friends - cait merely desired the pair to strike up an acquaintanceship.

"
this isn't about me having had a crush on him, is it?"

the young woman quirked a brow, having positioned herself against her nest of pillows to more easily eye her boyfriend. she didn't fault him for any lingering jealousy, especially since she had admitted to having been head over heels for the councilman for over a year. it was honestly quite appealing from her perspective; having a man who wanted you for himself.

"
or are you just not a fan in general?"

realizing that she needed to use the restroom, she scooched herself to the edge and moved to stand. a little wooziness was felt as she blinked rapidly, but the healing that had been applied allowed herself to stand without complication. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 16:39:26 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Actually it is."

"Don't misunderstand me. If he was just some guy at the top of the League pyramid I wouldn't be itching to meet him." The League seemed to be lacking for skilled and competent people, when you were good enough to claim a position it was yours.

There was no need to grovel or grease palms to get ahead, so there was no need to meet the bosses until you were ready to become the bosses.

"The fact that you two have history and on your end romantic feelings." He'd left the doorway and sat back on his couch, next to Alakazam watching the cooking network. "It means instead of meeting him the first chance it comes up, I'll be doing it the last chance."

"I have nothing against the guy personally." Still, he crossed his arms talking about it. "I don't know him personally."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 17:41:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she silently mulled over this, considering his perspective and finding it to be perfectly valid. 

"alright."

cait quietly slips into the restroom, relieving herself and washing her hands after. she'd peer at her reflection with furrowed brows, noting she looked a bit worn down. the woman's makeup had also been wiped off, her freckled skin bare beneath her bemusing gaze. she instinctively reached for her tools, only to realize that this was sénon's bathroom - and her make up bag was still safely tucked away within her luggage.

"
not like i need it right now anyway," she muttered, dismissive.

she joined sénon on his couch with a hum, settling against his side and breathing deeply. his presence served as her metaphorical anchor, her eyes slipping shut as her slight weight sought to lean against his solid frame.

"
i understand how you feel."

cait craned her neck, peering up at his features with a look of curiosity upon her face. she changed the subject, aware that it'd be wise to do so.

"
how has work been, by the by?"

she was aware that sénon was loosely affiliated with the rangers, taking missions on occasion and working his way toward bolstering his own standing with the league. but she never really poked and prodded for more details. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:12:17 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It wasn't alarming that she asked about work, because his pokerface was over fifteen years strong. "Why do you ask?" He squinted at her again. "What have you heard?"

He'd been shaking things up lately where the league was concerned. Run-ins with ambush-thieves, chasing down vans of stolen pokemon via stolen motorcycle, exchanging beam blasts at over sixty miles per hour.

-and that was after that whole business in Pacifidlog.

He'd met and even taken on a personal training/grooming assignment for him. Things were happening fast, not as fast as they had been before he and Cait, but fast nonetheless. His work with the rangers wasn't something he liked to brag about or even talk neutrally about.

It was something he was doing for the duty and for the thrill.

The important things you did out of duty wasn't something you gloated over and stupid things you did for the thrill weren't to be shared.

There wasn't much about work he wanted to speak of, only one thing came to mind. "I came across a kid I'd love to mentor." As he spoke, his eyes didn't break from the step-by-step on screen of how to make baked ziti. It was a bit embarrassing to say. "Someone pure, with a hell of a lot of potential."

● tags: ,
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 20:12:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"not much," she said.

cait wasn't fond of prying or digging up information, especially since she respected the privacy of her beau. she'd ask questions on occasion, but her inquiries typically consisted of 'how was your day' and 'how are you'.

"
i don't really know much about a ranger's day-to-day operations, to be perfectly honest. i know it's more exciting than mine. i handled quite a bit of paperwork, if memory serves."

there were exciting bits involved in the process, but being an officer entailed duties that involved signatures, shuffling through documents and a ridiculous amount of in-person meetings. cait inwardly sifted through her own personal history, realizing that a large percentage of her time in active duty had been spent performing traditionally white collar work.

"
a kid?"

she pulled away and blinked up at him, suddenly reminded of

"
how old are they? the league hasn't gotten around to recruiting them, i hope?"

there was a vague look of disapproval in her eyes - though it wasn't directed at sénon. she simply didn't fancy children being expected to serve as officers or rangers, especially when she considered them to be naught more than babies. 

'they should be going to school,' she thought, her brows furrowing. 'like i did.'

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 20:39:11 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"I'm not sure, haven't spoken to them yet." He'd seen the boy at the Magcargo Swarm crossing. He was smallest one there but handled himself like he was one of the best. He seemed cheeky, but still aware and downright competent. "Couldn't be any older than twelve."

Who was to say if he was projecting or not but, the kid reminded him of himself at around that age. Cait's phrasing implied he was better off outside the league's radar. Had it have been anyone else he would have dismissed the opinion but being Cait's he held onto it for a while in consideration.

He wouldn't have been the man he was today if not for his involvement with the Pokémon League. To her credit though his involvement was limited to cataloguing pokémon, winning gym badges and challenging every trainer he locked eyes with.

Pulling that kid into Hoenn's branch of the League and all it entailed would have more grave challenges and circumstances which could mean a more grave ending.

It didn't take a gut check nor a moral inventory to know that wasn't what he wanted for the youth. From that angle it began to seem like the best thing for him was to leave him be.

"So much for a protegé." He stifled the thought to himself. "Are you going to see someone about your head?" Beef-stuffed Bell Peppers; that was a recipe with prep worth watching.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:54:32 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'm fine."

she sucked in a little breath, momentarily concealing her expression by pressing her face into his shoulder. her response came out a little muffled, the expression she wore revealing a stubborn gleam that had just entered her gaze.

"
in a physical sense i'm perfectly healthy," she said. "i've visited a doctor and they said i'm fine."

cait paused and then decided to add another 'small' detail with an air of timidity, a slight quiver present within her voice.

"
there's an... anomaly. they can't figure out what it is. but it's not going to kill me."

the woman pursed her lips and noted that they felt slightly chapped as she resisted the urge to fidget.

"
i could go in for a few more tests but i don't want the league knowing about this. you're the only league-affiliated person i told, sénon. but i'm fine, i swear i feel just fine."

she winced a little, feeling a faint echo of the pain that had hit her beforehand.

"
my career could be over before it even started if they found out, baby."   

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 4:01:17 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It was still important they they respect each other's boundaries, that would always be important.

If it was coming from a place of love he would cross those boundaries if not doing jeopardized her life.

In this instance, she had his hands bound; she was trusting him to keep a secret and swore she wasn't suffering from something that she couldn't explain and was clearly afflicting her. Not even her godly abilities made to heal and to undo couldn't undo or heal what ailed her. "You weren't fine." He held out hope, keeping his head straight that she would be okay when he got her back to the apartment.

Lo and behold she was okay, but there was an alternate universe where Cait died in his arms today.

He could feel it in his gut, just as sure as he could feel her touch hanging onto his crossed arms, he could feel that otherworldly loss of her. "This isn't something you should just learn to live with Cai." Aside from being with her through the darkness of it, he couldn't offer many other solutions in the moment.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 5:54:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

he's right.

"you're right."

all she had to do was imagine a scenario where their positions were switched; that he had fallen ill and was suffering from a curious range of ailments - that rocket was entirely to blame.

cait would be mad with worry. she was certain of it. 

"
i wasn't fine," she admitted. "and i shouldn't be scaring you like this. it's not fair to you."

sénon likely feared she'd keel over, that he wouldn't be present to come to her aid.

"
if it happens again - if i start getting headaches or black out - i'll go to a doctor and tell them everything."

even if the route of a councilwoman was immediately blocked off, she'd still have an array other options left. cait could still run her shop, live simply and have the family she always wanted.  

"
i know if you did tell someone what happened to me you'd do it for all the right reasons. because you care. i wouldn't be mad, baby."

cait was confident that he'd simply follow his heart. she'd do much the same in his place. 

"
i trust you."

she sought to meet his gaze, her small paw reaching out to gingerly hold onto his much larger one. 

"
i love you."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 6:43:48 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Something about her warm uncompromising acceptance cut him to ribbons. She accepted him as her leader which in turn made him never stop considering what was best for her and what was best for them as partners.

"Your secret isn't mine to divulge." He would if he had to, if he found someone he could trust. He'd kill the man or woman who twisted that secret against her and he wasn't itching to become a wanton murderer. "But you are mine to protect."

Saying such words caught a lump in his throat.

Still raw over his failing to protect so many devoted pokémon lives from the foolish decision that would take their very lives.

Fitting her hand into his own he could feel her iris' on him as she closed her grip, her eyes calling him to break his gaze from the television. Different than how it felt on the island, the pledge of love she gave felt like something he didn't deserve. Like something he felt short of being worthy of.

He knew it wasn't true. He knew that he did deserve it and that she wouldn't have fallen for him if she didn't deserve it, that it wasn't his decision if Cait loved him or not. He couldn't just decide that he wasn't worthy and then run away.

Especially when she held onto him in hand so earnestly.

He was always being his toughest critic and worst enemy. But Cait seemed to be, more so than even himself, unequivocally on his side. "I, love you." He frowned, his eyes welled but he didn't look away even as vulnerable and as guilty as he felt. He told her truth he'd been hiding.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 12:32:28 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"oh.

a sharp intake of breath betrayed her surprise at the admittance, the declaration tumbling forth as he peered at her through eyes that stung with fresh tears. he appeared vulnerable beneath her gaze, such a rare showing of raw emotion one she'd happily dedicate to memory. 

'he's everything i've ever wanted.'

"oh, sénon."

her lips trembled before forming into a smile, one of absolute geniality that revealed her pleasure. her heart thudded rapidly in her chest, spurred into a faster beat as they continued to peer at each other. it was a moment that occurred often enough when they were intimate; this interaction outside of the bedroom proving that their bond was no longer tentative. the desire they fostered went beyond sex - both their bodies and hearts aching for one another. 

cait gave a laugh, her hand reaching to caress his face with the gentleness of a lover.

"i don't know what i did to deserve you."

the woman's eyes grew wet, but she welcomed the rush of emotion. she felt happy - her heart full of love and desire.

'i want this to last forever,' she thought. 'i'll make him a happy man.'

she'd remain his ideal woman and the future mother of his children. the plan was a simplistic one, but it caused a barely perceptible tremble of delight to come about as she conjured up images of a potential future. 

"let's take a nap, baby."

despite her desire to linger in such a position, a fresh wave of exhaustion began to trickle in. she needed rest to properly recover, but she'd much rather he join her. cait wanted nothing more than to curl against his side, relishing his presence as she dozed off. she'd reluctantly peeled herself off his frame and stood, though her grip remained on his hand - seeking to tug him gently along.  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
malady . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 19:24:35 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Living in the light of his truth took the fight right out of him. His need to be strong and if not indestructible then, unyielding, kept him from realizing it but he was tired. Cleaning the beach, the scare with Cait, cooking the meal and watching the runts, all of it on top of the stress of the Kanto/Cait conversation not to mention other stressors he kept close to the chest by not mentioning.

A soothing sleep was he needed more than he knew. She only had to tug the slightest in affirmation to get him off the couch.

In his smaller bed their frames overlapped and enveloped each other naturally. Her scented hair reminded him of her bed where he'd had so many peaceful hours of sleep before his recent troubles and conflicts.

With his arms wrapped around her and his legs tangled with hers he dropped his tension and his defenses, hoping to be a stronger and more resolved man when he woke.

Too wanting to sleep to move her hair out of the way he kissed her neck through the lush curls that guarded it, grateful to have her in his corner and in his arms.

His hand still interlocked with hers.

● tags:
● notes: