Zac Ramsay
Tip Top Trainer Talks - Alexei Ivanov [s]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 3:18:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

With one hand on his sizzling Turtonator, Zac made his way through the icy streets of Fortree. He had been wanting to visit the gym/rescue centre for a while, and with work (and pleasure) finally taking him up to Fortree for a protracted stay, now was the perfect time. 
    Inside the gym, Zac approached the reception. "Hey there! I'm Zac Ramsay of Ramsay Productions. I, uh, called ahead a few weeks ago to make a booking?"
"I'm sorry, the gym challenges are all booked up for the next two to three years," said the receptionist.
"Not for a challenge. For an interview! Why go for a badge when I can just badger him instead, right?"
"...I'll see if he's available."

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 17:54:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thank goodness he wasn’t looking too weepy today, considering he had just managed to finish baking a tray of mint chocolate brownies to snack on to get rid of the misery.

Well, misery loved company—especially if the company was food company then he wouldn’t mind it at all!

Just has he was about ready to go down to the front desk and take the receptionist’s place, the very same person he was looking to tag out came running up to him instead, stammering something about someone who had shown up without warning and—what?

“Hey, hey, slow down—let me handle this, alright?” he said around a mouthful of brownie. After which, he gave said receptionist one, before heading down toward the front desk, brownies in tow and completely just eating them as he went.

“Someone looking for me?” he said once he’d arrived, hand still holding onto the frosted dessert treat.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 12:05:34 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

“Someone looking for me?” a voice asked, and Zac turned to see a familiar face. They had never met, but Zac had seen pictures of him in the news or on the Gym's website. A few months back some photos had circulated online with Alexei holding some baby Rufflets, and it was that image that was in Zac's mind as he greeted him.
    "Zac Ramsay, nice to finally meet you!" Zac said, and he struggled to find a way to shake the man's hand. Both of Alexei's hands were full of brownie. "Uh, anyway I called ahead but maybe some wires got crossed along the line?"
    Zac got out his business card, hoping it would jog the man's memory, but again, he was unable to hand it to Alexei. "I do interview of Gym Leaders for my vlog," Zac said, card still in hand "and I was hoping to get a tour of the place before having a chat? I totally understand if now is a bad time though. You look...busy."

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 13:28:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

With one hand holding the container that had the brownies stacked in it, and his other hand in the middle of holding a half-bitten one, he blinked.

“Oh, shorry,” he began as he finished the half-brownie in his free hand before popping the top of the container open and offering the mint chocolate brownies to the other man. “Want one?” he asked, plucking out another piece for himself and taking a rather big bite out of it.

Look, food loved misery and he was hiding his misery by making food for days on end. This had resulted in so many trays of brownies and cookies and other baked goodies besides. It felt… strangely therapeutic to let his frustrations out by baking.

“I’m not doing anything, so… here, take a brownie, take a few if you want. I made a lot and I don’t know how to finish all of it without getting a case of diabetes,” he chuckled.

In the back of his mind, he wondered if there were other Gym Leaders who had already been interviewed. Wow. He had really been out of touch with the rest of the world lately, having shut himself into his sorrow and just baking the hell out of all the recipes he knew.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 13:09:31 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

Alexei offered him some brownies, and Zac beamed. being invited into a home was a sacred bond. A promise of safety and goodwill. But offering food? That was nourishment. That was a declaration of family.
    Zac took four of the thick, minty, slices, and went to wrap the smaller man in a friendly hug. He took a bite of the brownie and groaned with delight. "Holy crap mate, if you'll pardon my Kalosian. These are absolute rippers!He popped the rest of the treat into his mouth and took a more reasonable bite of his second piece.

"Always great to meet someone with a hand for good food. So, uh, have you got time for a chat or is there something in the oven?"

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 13:44:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

People always said the fastest way to one’s heart wasn’t through their ribs, it was through their stomach—uhm, excuse me for that dark thought.

“I needed to bake,” he chimed in. “Releases all this… tension and stress that’s been piling up on me,” he explained. “So rather than scream at nothing, I’d keep my hands busy.”

Taking another brownie for himself, he then pointed down at the open door.

“Come on outside, I want to show you something. Nah, there’s nothing in the oven, made sure to take it out before I came down here,” he offered nonchalantly.

Through the corridor, out into the open—into the wild. There were still traces of perimeter fencing, but otherwise, majority of the area was open-air. Shadows of avians (both Flying-type and not-so-Flying type) scattered around the area; some coming in to alight on various ‘perches’ scattered around the premises.

“They prefer being out in the open.”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 10:46:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

Zac followed Alexei out into the wilds, and let out a low whistle as he looked around. It reminded him of the open areas near his house in Lavaridge, only thicker with life. This bio-zone was bustling and bursting with life, in the trees and in the sky. There was a vivacious atmosphere here, where the Pokemon didn't head to hide from the heat. 
    "You don't mind if I let some of the little guys out to play, do you?" Zac asked, as he tossed out two Pokeballs. A lithe, bug-eyed blur shot past Zac and up into the branches as Ledian immediately sought out fruit or flowers among the branches. It was still Winter, but you never knew. Zac's other Pokemon scrambled across the ground with weak legs and hooked wings. "My bad buddy, let me help you there," Zac said, picking up the Archen and placing it against the nearest tree. It latched on and climbed swiftly up the trunk. 
"This place is amazing," Zac breathed, grinning like a kid in a shop full of sugar and dangerous toys, "What inspired you to start it?"

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 1:51:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“By all means, feel free,” he gestured. Chuckling as two literal blurs shot out from Zac’s person, one of them he picked out to be a Ledian—secretly one of the few remaining lines he didn’t have yet.

The other was an Archen, and he almost crouched down to get a closer look at the Pokémon!

“Aww, yeah, Archen are really scrawny. Not to mention they’re glass cannons in more ways than one…” he mused, watching as a much-larger shadow came out from somewhere, following the Archen and landing near it—his own Archeops.

“Oh come on,” he chuckled in his Archeops’s direction, “Really?” he added a few moments afterward, before getting a squawking, guttural-pitched squawk from the Archeops. It was its own way of laughing, so to speak—ready to catch the smaller Archen if and when necessary.

“Birds. Call me a kid but this is more on a little personal reason,” he began to explain as he decimated the brownie he was holding. Allowing a few moments of silence, he then continued once his thoughts weren’t as scattered as they were previously.

“If nobody’s going to watch out for them, who will? Lots of Pokémon get injured all the time. Even more so during migration season. It’s why I built the Sanctuary around nature and not opposing it, because I want them to feel at home with something they’re familiar with.”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 1:51:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

"And to then end it's perfect," Zac said, watching his Archen climb higher into the trees, safely shadowed by the more adept Archeops. "That place feels like a slide of nature, wrapped inside mankind's protection." Zac took another brownie, still in awe of the scope of the project.
    "I recently did an interview with, ,"
Zac said, his segue matching Archen's innate aerial grace, "and the topic of New Mauville came up. Urban encroachment is a serious problem, and human activities are disruptive and destructive more often than not. In my mind, what you have here is a panacea to that issue."
    Zac waked further into the thriving reserve of chilly trees and humming life. "Have you thought about expanding? Or setting up other areas like this around Hoenn?"

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 19:45:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ll let you in on a secret,” he continued, reaching for another brownie and offering the open container to the other man for him to grab some more brownies while they walked around.

“Majority of the Sanctuary is funded out of my pocket.”

After taking another bite, he cleared his throat slightly.

“Allow me to explain—while I was given provisions to set up the Fortree Gym, I wanted to deviate from the usual structure of having a stone building smack in the middle of a city. So I figured, why not adapt the Gym around nature?” he gestured, pointing to the open-air arena where his Gym battles took place.

“The Sanctuary followed much later; and it was an uphill battle securing all the necessary permits to get the damned place up and running. I don’t want the government involved in something like this—you know how red tape operates—and have them steal funding and all that other shady crap,” he continued.

“I decided to build the Sanctuary out of my own savings. Mind, it wasn’t easy. I had to source a lot of things myself. Fact that when they found out I’m the Fortree Gym leader kind of made people take a second look at what I was actually doing around here.”

He let the silence drop for a few moments before he continued.

“I’ll admit, I had to wave my title around a little, but everyone who’s contributed to building the Sanctuary proper did it out of their own volition. I gave them the freedom to choose what to do with their money, their investment. And well—you have what you see in front of you right now. I still run it mostly out of pocket, however there are donations here and there too.”

Another bite of the brownie.

“All to keep them safe.”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 13:05:27 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

"It's an incredible achievement Alexei," Zac said, blown away that it wasn't funded by The League or the city of Fortree. "This place feels like a testament to the love you have for Pokemon. I hope that I'll be able to do something half as impressive when I take up Stormy's mantle in a few weeks."
    Zac hated the idea of taking money from the people of Lavaridge to build some extravagant gym. He wanted to bring people in, sure, but there must be a better way to do that. Stormy had used the hot springs themselves. Maybe he could leverage something that already existed...
    There was a flash of color, and Zac picked out Ledian's red shell. Evidently he was having run with some of the residents.   
"All to keep them safe."
Alexei said, in a tone that raised Zac's reporter suspicions. Maybe the gym leader was just talking about keeping the Pokemon safe from the dangers of humans...but maybe there was something else going on underneath. 
"Oh? Safe from what?"

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 14:44:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, you’re the one taking her place as Lavaridge’s Gym leader?” he inquired, eyebrows going up slightly as he chowed down on another brownie from the container. Arceus, he should stress-bake more often, this shit tasted way better than the previous batches he’d made.

“Congrats on the promotion, then!” he added a few moments later before taking another bite out of the brownie he was holding.

He was amused (and not the least bit surprised) when Zac immediately pounced on his last statement. Holding the container open in invitation (mmm, sweet delicious brownies waiting to be devoured) there was a serious look in his eye now.

“If ever, should anything happen and by some weird-ass happening I lose the right to award badges for challengers—they can’t take the Sanctuary away from me. They may take away my right of awarding my badge, but they can’t take over the Sanctuary, because it’s registered under my name.”

Looking around, he wondered if it was alright to voice his qualms.

“Off the record, I’m wary about the people in power at the council. There’s something—I don’t know, call it ‘gay instinct’ or so—that keeps telling me that one of them is bad news.”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 15:08:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

"You're a wise man, Alexei," Zac said, finishing off his  brownie. "And you can speak freely around me." Zac tapped one of the recording devices he had on him at all times. "I'll edit that part out," he said with a wink. 
    "I don't trust big corporations either. There's good in most people, but companies and collectives?" He shook his head. "If you're talking about who I think you are, then yeah, I've got a few suspicions there too." Zac walked further into the sanctuary, he felt safer surrounded by trees.
    "That's the problem with faceless corporations," Zac said, taking another brownie. "Without a face how can you tell when they're lying through their teeth?"

NOTES:
TAG
:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 15:27:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

More avians flew out of the trees—one of them, a younger pink-plumed Murkrow—hovered over the two for a few moments before cawing and catching his attention.

“Oh, be careful out there, okay?! Don’t want Hela getting on my case again!” he chuckled as the Murkrow flew off.

“Sorry about that, I have a Honchkrow that mother hens that particular Murkrow of mine to death,” he explained with a sheepish scratch of the back of his head.

Back to the topic at hand…

“That’s absolutely what I planned for. In case people take over smaller corporations, then who’s to say what will happen to the people working there? That’s why it’s better to keep a personal eye on something like this,” he trailed off, gesturing at the nature around them, “…rather than have corrupt representatives seize everything and waste the money that’s meant to go somewhere.”

More leaves began falling around them, and this time another one of his companions appeared—holding something he recognized on sight.

“Ah. Hi, Carina,” he continued, holding out a finger for the Ribombee to land on before waving the yellow Pollen Puff their way.

“She’s always like this. Offering sweets. Sorry,” he apologized with another sheepish grin on his features.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 15:43:28 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

t42 - Alexei Ivanov
Fortree City | Social

MUSIC

Zac was happy to let the subject of league intrigue drop. It was a heavy issue, and one that had been weighing on his mind since his recent appointment to gym leader. Overhead, Archen let out a screech as it leapt from one branch to another, sharp claws cutting into the branches. Zac saw a flash of bright feathers in the trees nearby. Alexei's Archeops, keeping watch on the little guy.  
    A darling Ribombee flitted out of the forest and alighted near Zac and Alexei. It offered up a bright yellow sweet by way of greeting. "Well hey there, Carina!" Zac said, after hearing Alexei greet the Pokemon by name.
    He bent down to greet the little fairy face to face and took the offered pollen puff. Today was a cheat day anyway. "What a charming little companion! Where did you meet?"

NOTES:
TAG
: