awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 18:48:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It’s still a new routine, boarding the Sotally Tober and knowing for certain that he wouldn’t be emerging from the apartment before dawn but Angelo strolls onto the deck like he’s done it a hundred times. No trace of any kind of jitters for their new arrangement to be found.

Leaning his bicycle against the railings close to the ramp, Angelo doesn’t bother to lock up. There’s more than enough watchful eyes even as the sun starts to set, from ship crewmates and his own team alike; Volans already settling himself comfortably into the waters of the dock and Ankaa no doubt off distracting a different blue lizard.

You’d have to be a fool to screw around on this boat, anyway.

It’s not until Angelo gets to the front door that something off pokes through his good mood and eagerness, as it always did when he pressed his fingers around a small, innocent looking key. He forces it away to the back of his mind, as he always does. It’s not like he uses it whenever he wants, after all. Only using the spare key to Skyler’s apartment when she knows he’s coming over and she’s there. It doesn’t feel right using it in any other circumstance but even then - now - it’s a bit…

Angelo discards the thought with the sound of a familiar click and steps over the threshold – announcing his presence by dumping his backpack on the floor following a call. “Hey! I’m here, where are you, Sunshine?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 19:42:35 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Angelo's call is met with an ominous, pervading silence instead of the usual enthusiastic greeting. If anything, that should've warned the young man of what lay ahead.

Captain Skyler Dross has her war face on, glaring at the stove in front of her. One hand wields a wooden spoon while the other is holding onto a pepper shaker. She's wearing an apron - though its color is hard to guess at, since most of it is covered in a strange mix of gooey ingredients.

How they'd managed to find their way there was anyone's guess.

The kitchen itself doesn't seem to be faring any better. Cartons of eggs lay, haphazardly discarded, on the kitchen counter along with a puzzling menagerie of other ingredients - from mustard to, weirdly enough, Snubbull-shaped marshmallows. 

The sink is full to the brim with a strange, dejected mix of pots and pans, all seemingly used. Like failed science experiments.

Skyler's attention doesn't deviate from whatever is being... cooked, although her head does move slightly, the movement displacing a generous amount of flour from her usually golden hair.

It's... It's a mess.

"Angel! Just in time. I think this batch of scrambled eggs might be the one. I have a good feeling." 

Then the supposed scrambled eggs promptly catch on fire. 

"Aw, fuck! Shi-!" It doesn't look like this is the first time a fire has happened, because Skyler quickly covers it with a nearby lid - the movement automatic. 

● tag:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:27:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 … Sky?” Silence is never a good sign.

But Angelo decides he prefers silence if the alternative is hearing Skyler say ‘scrambled eggs’ from the direction of the kitchen.

It doesn’t matter if it was on the other end of the ship or if time stilled so that it took longer than the few seconds to cross the length of the apartment; he’s never mentally prepared for the destruction he finds whenever the sailor and cooking meet in a head-to-head clash.

Uh… You know. I’m not very hungry, I actually ate on the way here,” he lies as he follows the familiar path to the kitchen, only now picking up the scents of burning and a strange combination of cooked ingredients which had no business belonging together. Angelo walks a little faster.

Turns out the situation isn’t quite as trashed as Angelo had expected. Perhaps he’d been scarred after the last egg incident. It’s cluttered with ingredients and dirty pans, sure... but he has little time to survey the surroundings, not when there’s a burst of flames coming from Skyler’s pan.

Angelo’s hand comes to rest on the sailor’s hip as he stands behind her, reaching past to turn the temperature of the cooker down from the biggest flame on the dial to a more modest – and less explosive – medium heat.

I actually have a better feeling about the next batch. That one's going to be the one.” There’s a curl on his lips as a wandering hand stretches towards a squishy pink Snubbull marshmallow; catching sight of a smudge of flour on her cheek. “Want some backup now I'm here?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 22:41:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler doesn't even have to think about it. As soon as the warmth of Angelo's body rests against her back, she purposely lets herself lean back against him, humming softly at the hand on her hip.

The spout of flame that had threatened to burn off her eyebrows just a few seconds ago is forgotten in the subtle tilt of her head; looking up at Angelo with a mischievous spark in her silver eyes. Her hand snaps out to snatch the marshmallow from him, shamelessly popping it into her mouth. The following grin she sends Angelo's way is all bite. "You aren't hungry, remember?"

At least she is pretty sure that's what she'd heard him say. She'd been somewhat preoccupied at the time, flames notwithstanding. 

Curiosity makes her peer at the greenish blob innocently sitting - halfway burned - under the lid. The sight prompts an inelegant snort from her throat. "Well, now that the ship's cook has finally arrived I might just let him take the reigns." Unless Angelo really wants to eat Flubber Jr, which she highly doubts.

The captain heads for the fridge - though not before giving Angelo's butt a playful pinch. Popping her head into the fridge for a few seconds, she quickly emerges with a six-pack in hand.

A pensive expression sits on her face when she offers Angelo one of the beers, taking a long gulp of her own before speaking again. "I want to learn how to make eggs-" Well, no, that wasn't exactly the truth. Skyler knew how to make eggs, theoretically. "I want to learn how to make eggs without lighting the kitchen on fire." There, that was more like it. 

● tag:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:20:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It’s his fault for hesitating. Skyler leans back against his chest and although Angelo can’t help squeezing the hand on her hip in return, it’s the glint of silver he catches in the corner of his eye that gives him pause – drawn in. His marshmallow is swiftly pinched from under his nose, claimed by a mischievous smile.

I’m on the road all day. I need all the energy I can get,” he responds with a narrowing of ocean blues, not sounding even slightly offended. “And extra, if someone keeps inviting me over. It’s not a quick commute, you know.” Lips, quirked playfully, brush close to the flour on her cheek. Angelo doesn’t mention that the smudge still lingers.

While Skyler inspects her handiwork, the courier pops a marshmallow into his mouth, chewing as he peers over her shoulder to take a curious peek himself. She had said she was making scrambled eggs, right? “What did the Gulpin do to you?” It was around that shade of green, he noted.

She slips away from him then and Angelo disposes of the latest batch of ‘scrambled eggs’; almost missing the trashcan when a sudden pinch is directed at his butt. Angelo glances over his shoulder with a spark in his veins but Skyler has her head in the fridge, leaving him with a silent promise to get her back later.

Taking the offered beer, he cracks it open with a satisfying pop and sucks up the foam with a slurp, listening as Skyler explains her latest culinary attempts. It would be easier to order a pizza, safer too but there’s something in her determination that makes him want to encourage her to persevere. At least he can supervise to stop a potential food poisoning.

Well, I think there’s one or two more pans that haven’t been vandalized... Let’s give it another shot,” he hums, already moving towards the cupboards where the pans were stored to pull out a fresh one, passing it over. Decision clearly made.

You can keep the apron on. Suits you better than it does on me.” It’s a flirtatious comment as much as it is a teasing dig at the horrendous state of it – it used to be violet.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 13:51:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Maybe Angelo put entirely too much faith in Skyler's culinary skills. Or perhaps he simply underestimated her capacity to plough through the most foolproof of recipes and still end up with something that resembled a horror movie prop. Either way, his easy agreement pulls a smile from Skyler's lips, beer momentarily put aside to reach for the pan. The way she eagerly holds onto it makes it somehow look like less of a cooking utensil and more like a bludgeoning weapon.

Skyler Dross was ready for a fight.

His comment about her apron has the blonde looking down, a frown quickly crossing her features before she raises her eyes to meet with Angelo's, her own narrowed slightly. "I thought you liked me better with fewer clothes on, Angel?" The captain doesn't give him an opportunity to reply; she's already turning on her heels to dive into the pantry. A couple of curses later, Skyler emerges, victorious, with another apron in hand. The words 'Kiss the Cook' are boldly printed on it.

There's an unholy light in her silver eyes as she approaches Angelo, raising her arms to get the apron over his head. Her hands go around his sides, unhurried, pulling on the apron's strings with a brusque and deliberate motion that brings the two of them closer. Even as her hands tie the apron strings - effortlessly, she's a sailor after all - the knowing smirk on her lips gently brushes over the corner of Angelo's mouth. Teasing.

Then she's stepping away, the intimate warmth between their bodies replaced by cold air. "Well, what now Chef Vestri?" Skyler gestures to the chaotic mess that is her kitchen. "Kitchen’s all yours."

The can of beer that she holds to her mouth isn't quite enough to disguise the smug, wickled gleam in her eyes.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 18:31:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
I never said anything about keeping the rest on, did I?” Angelo calls towards the pantry, grin wide. Unable to stop himself from taking hold of the opportunity Skyler had presented him with. [break][break]

While she rummages, Angelo has just enough time to take another sip of beer before abandoning it on the counter, taking a moment to put some ingredients away that they didn’t need. They wouldn’t be using mustard today. He’s greeted with a clean apron and a mischievous sparkle of silver when she emerges from her exploration in the pantry. [break][break]

Angelo smiles, although whether its from the bold ‘Kiss the Cook’ print or Skyler’s pleased expression is debatable. [break][break]

He doesn’t protest when she steps forward, bending his neck down enough so she could drape it over his head. Arms circle around his waist, Skyler pulling him close so she could tie it up for him. He doesn’t rush her, enjoying the way she boxes him into her warmth and how he can feel her hands unhurriedly working on a knot; pulling it tight. There’s flour on the top of her head, he notes. Then she leans up to press her lips to the corner of his mouth, smiles nearly connecting. [break][break]

His fingertips gently toy with the apron tie against her back, loosening the knot slightly with a languid tug. Considering. [break][break]

Then she steps away and he lets the string slip through his fingers; thought replaced. [break][break]

Nice to see it was left in capable hands,” he hums, smile betraying whatever kind of dryness he’d been playfully attempting now that the kitchen – in all its disarray – was returned to his charge. “Eggs obviously. This is why you’re the assistant, Dross.” Voice laced with sarcasm, he pushes some of the clutter aside on the countertop, making room for a half-used carton of eggs, a mug and a fork – all the mixing bowls and whisks already in the sink. It’ll do. [break][break]

Crack the eggs in there.” He tips back a swig of beer, watching.

[break][break]

[break]
+

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 19:48:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Apron strings fall away from Angelo's fingertips as she pulls away; the sea captain noticing with a teasing quirk of an eyebrow that her apron is falling loose around her body, untethered. Something warm coils low in her stomach at the sight, catching his considering expression before it is wiped away - and a slow, lazy smile spreads across her lips, invoking images better left between rumpled bed sheets. "I thought you liked the apron?" Her voice curls around the words with deliberate intent. "Maybe next time you should start with the shirt, Angel."

An inelegant snort escapes her at his next words, knowing fully well how much of a disaster she was in the kitchen. Not that Skyler would ever let that stop her, should she be determined enough - and she always was, for good or ill. Her hands work on tying her apron as he speaks, fingers swift and efficient.

Silver eyes narrow at the sarcasm in his voice. In a flash a wandering hand has snatched a whisk from the sink - some of its wire loops veering off into odd directions for some reason - and points it at Angelo in a decidedly threatening manner. "Careful, Vestri. I might be your assistant here, but everywhere else I'm your captain." Despite the serious, menacing cadence of her voice, her eyes shine with something warm. Inviting.

A gulp of beer later, Skyler's frowning in concentration as she takes an egg from the halfway empty carton. The way she holds onto the egg is - hilariously gentle, as if any sudden movement could be enough break it. In fact, she's barely breathing as it hovers over the mixing bowl.

For a few seconds nothing happens.

And then Skyler hoists her arm up and slams the egg into the edge of the mixing bowl, splattering white and yolk in all directions, along with the cracked remains of what was once an egg shell. Some of it splatters onto her apron and the sleeve of her shirt and - somehow there's a little bit of cracked egg shell on the tip of her nose.

Looking as if nothing out of the norm has happened, Captain Skyler Dross reaches for a second egg, balancing it gently on the palm of her hand.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 21:37:40 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Two hands are raised in mock surrender, one still holding his beer, as he stares death – or in this case, a mangled whisk coated in goo – in the face. There’s something in Skyler’s threatening voice that sends a pleasant shiver down his spine. Delight sparking, unperturbed in ocean blues. “Aye aye, Captain… Guess I’ll have to make the most of this while it lasts, then.” He doesn’t sound very apologetic, evident by how he smiles and subtly leans forward a little towards the makeshift weapon. Daring. [break][break]

Turning his attention back to the task, Angelo lowers his hands to watch as the captain readies her first egg, staring it down like it was an enemy readying to strike. One second passes. Then another. He takes a gulp of beer to pass the time, just as Skyler draws an arm above her head and brings it down against the mixing bowl with a relentless, cracking slam. Egg exploding. [break][break]

Eyes widen and he lurches forward, hand slapping over his mouth to force the mouthful of beer back down his throat, burning an unpleasant trail. A roar of laughter rips from his lungs. Suddenly, in one gloriously hilarious moment, it all makes sense.[break][break]

N-No! Sky. Sunshine. Babe. Stop. Step away from the egg.” Half coughing and half laughing, Angelo haphazardly skids his beer along the countertop in his haste for Skyler’s wrist, one hand curling around her pulse while the other is placed over the egg in her palm before it could be pulverised. There’s splatters of white and yolk all over her, some on his apron from getting caught in the crossfire, too; their state only adding to the wide grin on his face. “Just let me show you first and then you can do the next one, okay?”[break][break]

Gently coaxing the egg from her palm, Angelo quickly gets rid of the chunk of shell that had fallen into the mixing bowl before tapping the second one against the edge with a single, firm hit. It cracks and the courier pries it apart with two hands – he figures that way would be easier for Skyler to learn – so that the white and yolk spilled out. Mess free. [break][break]

Think you got that? Or do you need more assistance, assistant?” He turns to her then, amusement still twinkling in his eyes. Harmless and affectionate as he teases. 

[break][break]

[break]
+

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 23:09:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She does, in fact, step away from the egg. Or rather, the egg is taken away from her by a gentle, yet firm grip. Skyler follows its path with her eyes, brows furrowing in apparent annoyance that her very first task has been interrupted midway through.

There's still a small piece of egg shell on the tip of her nose, which she suddenly notices and flicks away with her finger. She would've been more annoyed with the whole situation, except for the fact that Angelo's laughter smooths out the sharp edges of her temper - until it's slumbering under the surface. 

The 'babe' that slips from his lips also helps - and brings forth a lopsided, affectionate smile.

Following the movements of Angelo's hands, Skyler watches attentively as the courier taps the egg against the rim of the bowl -  effortlessly spilling the yolk and the white into it. No mess involved. The captain immediately scoffs, even as her hand reaches out to grab a third egg, eager to try. "That isn't nearly as fun, Angel. You sure you're a chef?"

His teasing is rewarded with a another dose of butt pinching, though this time the blonde's hand lingers just for a few seconds. When Angelo turns to look at her, however, the last remnants of her annoyance have been washed away by something wholly angelic and innocent. It might've worked better if not for the devilish curl of her lips, silver eyes dancing with something akin to self-satisfaction. "I'm perfectly fine, Chef Vestri. I'll get these scrambled eggs done in no time. You'll see." Her arm automatically rises up until she stops herself, unintelligible grumbling following the motion as she does her best to stick to Angelo's instructions.

The egg still explodes, though thankfully not with the same kind of aplomb as its predecessor, its shell cracking open with too much force to keep its integrity. Small bits and pieces of egg shell start slipping down into the bowl and Skyler's eyes widen. "Oh shit! Shit shit shit... No! Get back up here, you slimy bastards!"

Fingers scramble to get all of the shell pieces and the captain ends up with more of the egg spread over the palm of her hand than inside the bowl.

But hey, at least it hasn't gone as far as her apron this time. Progress.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 0:50:10 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo rolls his eyes and chuckles; fondness curling warm within him as the sailor scoffs like she’s completely unimpressed by the whole egg cracking business, before reaching hands give her eagerness away. His smile softens when she’s busy wrangling the third one from the carton. [break][break]

You know what, I’m not sure. Did I ever even say I was a chef? Maybe I just meant courier, they’re very easy to mix up.”[break][break]

There’s a sudden sharp pinch against his butt then, although Skyler isn’t quite so quick to pull away this time, leaving her hand there as he turns to glance at her from the corner of his eyes. Cheeky and greedy, he thinks. He isn’t fooled by the feigned innocence; it only makes him imagine that she has a lot more devilish things on her mind. Angelo’s lips curl with something roguish at the corners, thoroughly enjoying the spark in the air. He bumps his arm into her shoulder. An acknowledgement and a promise. Next time… [break][break]

Okay then, get to it and show me since you're so confident – your crew is getting hungry.” Goading her on, Angelo turns so he’s leaning his hip against the kitchen countertop, one hand slipping into the apron pocket and the other taking his beer again. A picture of anticipating smugness as he observes with a glimmer in his eyes, smile barely hidden behind the edge of the can. Like he’s watching – waiting for – what is sure to be an amusing show. [break][break]

Skyler takes position, grumbling as she does so and although the destruction is not quite as severe as her previous attempt the egg still bursts messily from the forceful approach. Angelo’s chuckle echoes into his can, choosing to stand back and be unhelpful as the captain scrapes eggshell pieces out of the bowl. [break][break]

While you’ve got everything under control,” he smirks, knowing she barely does but taking his leave anyway. Pushing himself away from the counter, Angelo walks behind her as she swears and claws her fingers in the egg mix, pulling the knot on the back of her apron loose in a fluid tug as he passes. He doesn’t look back as he buries his head in the fridge. [break][break]

Here,” he says, handing over the fork he’d left on the side as a whisk substitute when he returns, placing the butter down in its place for later use. It looks like she’s got all the shell pieces out now. “Maybe you’ll do better with the whisking. Put that wrist strength of yours to use.” There’s something suggestive in there – in both words and in his smile.

[break][break]

[break]
+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 1:39:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A flash of temper follows Angelo's goading words, and if the growl that escapes Skyler's throat is any indication, then the bright flash of thunderous silver that glares at him for a second - a silent promise of retribution - is a clear warning of her surfacing temper.

While her hand is slippery with egg white and she's scrambling to get all of the eggshell pieces out of the mix, Angelo leans his hip against the countertop, looking smug and... annoyingly compelling, ocean blue eyes glittering with amusement down at her. She stops her scrambling for a second, and a gooey finger is pointed in his direction accusingly. "Go do something useful, Vestri, before I take it upon myself to make sure you're busy." It isn't quite clear whether this is a threat or - an invitation, though by the slight quirk of her lips it might've possibly been both.

A slight tug when Angelo walks past catches her attention, and when her clean hand goes to her back she finds that the strings of her apron have come undone. The culprit, much to displeasure (and probably on purpose), has his head buried in the fridge and out of sight. Skyler is left to glare at a bright white door, even as something deliciously warm coils low in her stomach. Bastard...

When Angelo comes back, her apron has been thrown over the countertop and Skyler's in the process of removing her sweatshirt. It, too, is thrown aside somewhere, kicked away with a mindless movement of her leg.

By the time he's standing in front of her, the captain's apron is in its rightful place, tied around her bare midriff and over her sports bra. Silver eyes meet his ocean blues head-on, sparkling with a familiar challenge. Her hands reach out for the fork, determined, calloused fingertips brushing over the skin of Angelo's hand.

"I think I can handle a bit of whisking, Angel." The fork is snatched from his grip. "Although I usually prefer a different utensil." And it seems, at least in this, that Captain Skyler Dross has things in hand. Quite literally.

For a minute or so everything is fine - until her enthusiastic whisking causes some of the egg inside to slosh out of the bowl and onto the upper part of her apron. "Ah! Sh-!" A string of curses follows, growing especially foul at the feeling of something cold and slimy sliding down her chest. 

Maybe she should've kept the sweatshirt after all.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 15:31:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Maybe you should cook with me more often.”[break][break]

Blue eyes meet silver, although only after Angelo has dragged his gaze over exposed skin that generously peeks out through the gaps in her apron. Unhurriedly. Appreciating the dipped curve of her spine and the definition of muscles in her arms; languid heat curling through the air to settle on his skin in a way that he knows doesn’t originate from the continued use of the cooker flame. He doesn’t look away when Skyler’s moonlight stare finds him, unabashed. There’s a familiar spark in his eyes, too. [break][break]

His lips curl in delighted appreciation as she snaps back at his comment, snatching the fork from his outstretched hand. I prefer you using a different utensil, too; his grin seems to say. [break][break]

While Skyler gets to work mixing the eggs together, Angelo busies himself by quickly tossing in a pinch of salt into the mix just before she gets too aggressive with it – nearly forgetting thanks to her distraction. Not like she stops drawing his attention. Even as he throws a blob of butter into the pan, filling the kitchen with pleasant hissing as it melts and bubbles, ocean blues drift their focus from swirling the golden liquid to coat the surface of the pan, over to the sailor’s concentrated expression more than once. Taking note of a pinched brow and enthusiastic determination. [break][break]

Sadly, Angelo wasn’t looking at the precise moment when a vigorous whisk sends a splatter of egg mix down Skyler’s chest – he does catch the swearing, his attention then drawn to a descending trail of slime. It’s pretty easy to connect the dots. [break][break]

If you spill any more on yourself, I'll have to cook you up instead,” he hums on low, amused tones as a thumb reaches out to drag along her skin from the edge of fabric and up to her collarbone. Grin lazy, suggestive. [break][break]

Before purposefully smearing it off his hand and onto her apron in a playful wipe.

[break][break]

[break]
+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 17:08:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The warmth that spreads through her veins and brings a subtle flush to her cheeks has nothing to do with the cooker flames that burn hot under the pan. Angelo's drifting attention presses over her skin like a physical thing - she can feel every moment of his greedy blue gaze as it brushes over the dip of her waist, the criss-cross pattern of her scars, the lean curve of her neck. Perhaps it is this awareness, more than anything else, that ends up distracting her and having her be the victim to her own over-enthusiastic whisking.

Silver eyes flare with inviting heat at his words, the frown previously pinching her brows relaxing into something a lot more mischievous. "Maybe you will," the captain replies, tipping the bowl dangerously in her direction, yet not enough for it to spill over. "It would make for a far more pleasurable dinner." The unsubtle provocation in her words is made all the more evident by the devious delight in her eyes. 

The rest of her words die a quick death before they ever leave her mouth when a thumb presses itself over the skin at edge of her apron's fabric and draws a teasing, burning path up to her collarbone, taking a fair amount of egg with it. Skyler doesn't even notice that Angelo wipes the goo on her apron; breath held in her throat, pupils dilated. Automatically, her tongue comes out to lick her suddenly dry lips. Tension crackles, hot and electric, in the air between the two of them. 

Somewhere, very far away, the hiss of melted butter could be heard, the smell quickly enveloping the kitchen. 

Skyler's chin tips up defiantly. The bowl of egg goo is left on the countertop, momentarily forgotten as the blonde boldly steps up to Angelo, molten silver eyes never straying from his. Daring him. "I'm afraid you didn't get most of it, Angel." 

They were still cooking. Right?

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
sunny-side up [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 18:58:15 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo’s skin tingles from his thumb all the way up the length of his arm, electricity dancing as a repercussion for daring to smooth his touch over her skin. There’s a shift to the atmosphere in the kitchen that takes immediate effect; thickening with static and sharpening his focus. Ocean blues drag up from the egg trail that dips suggestively below the edge of her apron – teasingly calling out for him to follow – and up to her eyes. Watching as shining silver starts to become swallowed by hungry, inky depths. [break][break]

A flash of a pink tongue has his eyes blinking slowly, falling half-mast. For a moment he can’t attach his attention onto anything else. [break][break]

I didn't? Maybe if your apron wasn't in the way.”[break][break]

Skyler steps up close to him then, provoking him with a wicked choice of words and a tilt of her chin. It would be so very easy for him to lean down and capture her lips in his. Beside them the butter in the pan bubbles, scents drifting pleasantly into the kitchen, infiltrating through the haze that begins to crackle between two bodies. [break][break]

Fingertips reach out to take hold of her waist, calloused digits pressing into the warmth of her exposed skin. Then he’s turning her, encouraging her to face the cooker while he positions himself behind, leaning into her back until he’s peering over Skyler’s shoulder. Intimately close. His touch lingers, firmly keeping her to him as pinky fingers tuck underneath the apron strings on either side. [break][break]

I thought you really wanted to learn how to cook eggs,” his breath tickles against the shell of Skyler’s ear, as he reminds her of her earlier determination – offering a choice on a slow, knowing smile. [break][break]

And that you were going to get them done in no time?”[break][break]

In front of them the melted butter in the pan starts to sizzle angrily, adding more weight to the decision as it threatens to burn.

[break][break]

[break]
+