Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
Soaking in the new year (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 23:13:38 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
A long sigh left Skids as he sank lower in the water than he intended, the heat already sinking into his bones and helping the aches fade away. It had been a long time since he had been to a hotspring; he never really had time in Kalos to devote it to one of those fancy places that...oh what was it called? A artifical hot spring....thing? Eh whatever. Skids figured that now that he was back in Hoenn that he'd come here. After all, it was a nice spot to rest at back in the day and it was nice to see that it hadn't changed. The water was still hot and it brought up several pleasent memories to mind. Too bad Salemn was a bit too big now to enjoy it. Perhaps he could look for a pokemon friendly hot spring...like thing and treat the old dragon? It would only be fair and right to do that.

"Looks like more looking into things to do..." Skids muttered as he adjusted his position and stretched.

Some things never changed and he was very happy to see that this place hadn't changed. To be honest, he had been a bit afraid of this place being different. Slateport felt larger than ever...even the little towns felt different. Was it just due to the times changing and his mind recalling the old Hoenn? Gym leaders were different too now, fresh young blood to keep the traditions alive....so did that mean the Elit....

Shaking his head, Skids pushed the question out of his mind. Nope, this was to relax not get himself into a mental loop of debats. Thankfully due to the hot water, he didn't feel his chest tightening as the thought had come to mind. Of course, the sound of a door opening was heard. Oh so someone else was here? Nothing wrong there. Everyone needed to relax.

"Good day." Skids greeted with a warm smile.
---------
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 21:09:11 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Being a resident of Lavaridge Town these days, the atmosphere and the hot temperatures were a common thing for him. But something Josh hadn't been able to do lately was take a dip in the hot springs. Joining the Rangers had created a lot of busy work for him, especially with that whole war that had happened recently. But while he had hoped to have a family soak on the day planned to finally take some time out, Izumi had some things to attend to and the kids... Well, they were occupied with something else and good luck getting their attention now. He supposed he'd just take them tomorrow, but for today... He might as well try and get his mind off things for at least a little. Not like it was that much of a walk.

As the Ranger dipped into the water, a stranger called out. He looked over, managing a curt nod and smile.

"Afternoon. Decent day for a soak, aye?"

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 21:35:36 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"A very good day for one." Skids replied. "Haven't been here in years..."

Skids was enjoying the soak, the heat felt nice and while he was trying to ignore some of the past, the arrival of a person certainly helped that.

"Still is a great place." Skids added on, closing his eyes as he sank a little further; but was aware enough to keep his head above the water. "Come here often?"

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 21:53:40 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh managed to finally settle down as he sunk past his shoulders in the steaming water. He cracked his neck and stretched his shoulders, trying to align the sore joints now that the waters would make it a little less painful to do so. He’d had a long and physical career, despite his age, and it had certainly taken its toll as time had passed by.

The man concured and asked if he came here often. "When I can. I live in the area with my family. Busy job keeps me away but I like to get a soak in when I can."

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:34:27 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"I see...perhaps a vacation is in order with your family then?" Skids suggested.

Course this was coming from a man who didn't have a wife or kids. Sure he took care of his nephew but that wasn't the same..he made sure he didn't cross any lines. After all, he was just the uncle. He wasn't suppose to take over as the father...even though Henry deserved a much better father than that man.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:36:49 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"I agree" the blonde spoke with a gentle smile. "When I get a chance I really do want to take them out on a proper vacation. My wife and I both work pretty demanding jobs, so it's always difficult to get just that right time in the schedule to take time out. But we'll manage it eventually."

He realized he hadn't really asked his compatriot about himself, though. How rude of him.

"What about you? What do you do for a living? Got any family?"

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:41:21 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"I see..." Skids muttered.

Demanding jobs...did he get to have any time with his family? Was it that Skids was now thinking about his own father..absent for his whole life due to being so busy with work? Did they ever want to spend time with his family? Or were they forgotten to him for good? At this point, Skids didn't know and he did his darnedest to not care.

"Some family..but nothing close by anymore....on my own sort to speak." Skids answered.

It was true, Henry was a adult and he left them back in Kalos was it? Eh whatever the region was that he was stuck in for so long. As was his sister with a very....poor choice of husband in his eyes.

"Figured I'd return back to my roots, see how Hoenn's faired and...I.....I've missed a lot..." Skids added.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:48:35 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Demanding job, perhaps? One that kept him away from family? Or something else that kept him separate from them? The blonde nodded his head though, in understanding.

"I understand. I was separate from my own family for a long time. Stopped being close with them when I went out into the big open world myself. Had some disagreements on things relating to it, a lot of things said that perhaps shouldn't have been said... But eventually things panned out. But I had to be the one to extend the olive branch" he explained. "I learned you only get so much family. And yeah, I might have a wife, a son and a daughter now... But every member of your family is precious. And when they're gone, they're gone. When it comes to your family... The best thing to do is never to live with regrets."

He smiled slightly. "It's a return of sorts for me too. I travelled here long ago. Met my wife here. But didn't stay long enough to appreciate it. But things have a funny way of working out."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:54:22 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"Regrets are a part of life...the happen due to mistakes you make and things you can't make right by anyone.." Skids replied.

Or make right with yourself. He had regrets, he had things he hadn't gotten over. And yet that was all due to him trying to ignore it, not focus on it. But his mind would still bring it up now and then or something would make it jump to the forefront of his mind. After all, you lose a pokemon in a elite four fight..any elitefour match on the tv would give you a horrible sensation. Even if you weren't the one in the match.

"I was born here in Hoenn, I left to explore and still ended up stuck in a different region for years due to someone else geting out of their share in a mess...it wasn't all bad time but... it could've been better.." Skids added.

One thing people said, you don't want to sit in a hotspring for too long. Make yourself dizzy was it?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:00:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Aye. And the mistakes you've made give you the knowledge you need to be better for next time. And sometimes, even if you've made mistakes... It's not always too late to make things right" Josh brought up as he looked to the man for the first time. He wondered for a moment about what his struggles might be. Josh had struggled for a long time to be where he was now... But he was glad that he'd acted when it mattered the most. Before it was too late.

The man told his story, and he nodded his head. "Quite a story. I've been to many regions but haven't called one home. That changed in the last year. And it's a bit daunting. But as far as things go... Well, if things could have been better, it's not too late to make a better present, right? The past is the past, after all. The best thing you can do is take hold of things here and today."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:07:58 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
Skids wanted to sink farther in the water but any deeper and he'd end up fully submerged, so he didn't. Instead the older man pulled himself up slightly,adjusting his position.

"Not if it's the same mistake...." Skids muttered, brows furrowed slightly as he stared at the water.

There was a chance Josh head his words or maybe he didn't. Skids was having to face a lot of demons from the past now that he was here. Some things held comfort while others were just pure reminders. Was it never too late to make things right? It felt like it...he couldn't bring Jokester or Blitz back...he couldn't make it up to them. Heck, he couldn't even bare the idea to take on another torchic or poochyena to raise, considering how grave his mistakes were.

Old age did bring the issues of not letting things go and while Skids claimed to not hold grudges, he did with some people. Most of all....he held them on himself the most.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:10:53 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He did hear it. By God, did he hear it. He'd been waiting for a response like that, and he slowly nodded his head. "All we can do... Is what we can. And if we don't try, then we'll never know. Am I right?"

He slipped past his shoulders into the water. "And trying... When we fear it failing... It's the scariest thing in the whole damn world. But something even scarier is looking back ten years from now... And wondering... What if I had? What if I'd just spoken up? What if I had just done the thing and really tried? Would things be different? But one day, it's going to be too late. The sooner you act, the better. But late is still better than never."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:17:52 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"If it was a simple mistake, fearing of messing it up wouldn't have it the way it is!" Skids replied as he looked to the other man, thrusting a hand out of the water as he spoke. "More than ten years, I've wanted to take it back. I should've listened to myself then and not gone through with what I had. What I choose to do, cost me something far too dear to me to risk just throwing something younger at it and thinking it's going to go better this go than the last!"

His hand hit the water with a plunk, the silver haired man gave a sigh. Looking like he regretted even saying this words. this was just some stranger...a man who needed to unwind so he could better provide for his family. Skids was just here out of nostalgia....what was he even really going to do here? Just wander around a region he once knew? See it's newer or worse flaws? WHY did he really think coming back was remotely a good idea?!!!

A econd sigh left him as he put a hand to his face, his turqoise eyes catching his reflection. A stupid silver haired fool...that's all there was in the water looking back.

"Sorry...I..I shouldn't be bothering you with this foolishness.." Skids apologized as he looked to Josh, though he pulled himself out of the water.

Maybe he already done goofed and scrambled his brains being in the water too long?
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:23:53 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The older man raised his voice. It startled him, and he took a slight defensive stance with his arms under the water to mask this, but he soon saw that he was no threat. He listened to the brunt of it. The man apologized, and Josh sat up proper as he turned to leave.

"No need to apologize. But if you truly do feel that way... You know deep in your heart you'll do whatever it takes to at least try in some way. It may well be too late... But you'll never know if you don't try" he spoke softly, keeping his calm as he relaxed his stance. "I thought that years after I started my journey, it was too late to fix what I'd broken. And ten years may well be too much, and by the sounds of it, this may be more complicated than I understand... It's very much possible you may try, you may fail. It may be impossible. You don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, I'm still on the younger and inexperienced side myself... But if you really do feel passionate about it... I think you have it in you to try. No matter what the result might be. At least to bring yourself peace in knowing you tried to do even the smallest measure to make things a little better."

He shrugged. "And if it doesn't work? You did what you could. You can at least take solace in that, and move forward. Learning from our mistakes... That is our greatest strength."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:32:58 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
Skids was silent, listening to the younger man. He didn't say anything until he was certain the youthful soul was done talking. Their words felt heavy on his tired shoulders, despite having been soaking he felt drained rather quickly thanks to his own negativity. It was now swirling around in his head, feelings of old taunting him for the mistakes he made.

"I learned there's two types of mons I can't protect and raise properly...." Skids answered, despite his efforts, his eyes were already betraying the large amount of guilt and pain he felt by watering. "You're young, you hold insight into how things are...Hoenn's barely the same as I left it...I didn't expect it to stay the same....but what has changed is somethng I didn't ever see coming, even for the parts I thought I would see coming."

Cities and towns expanding yet throwing parts of themself away. Farmland grows while the wild side of the region fades, hidey holes and fun places he ran amuck in were either gone or part of some private property.

"My mistake is the kind you don't want to make once, let alone twice in any circumstance. Hopefully...you never have to feel it...or make it..." Skids added, as he sat on the ledge.

Only his feet dangled in the water but Skids soon pulled them out as well. Damn heat was only messing with his head more...and now it felt like something was squeezing the life out of his heart..

"