Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
New year, New me. [BB M/OPEN]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 14:27:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Everything was more expensive in Evergrande. How anyone could afford to live there was beyond him.

"Maybe another time." Said Doug, an awkward chuckle in his throat as he placed the shirt back in its rack and began to exit the shop, paying little attention to the dirty look the girl behind the counter gave him.

He didn't have the disposable income to shop at a brand store, but one could hope for a lucky bargain. No such luck for him, however.

Cold air buffeted his cheeks as he came out to an open market set around a large fountain area, stalls of all kind lining around the lavish statue of a Milotic with tears running down her cheeks, people from all the corners of Hoenn walking to and fro, actually buying stuff.

He approached the statue, coming to stand in front of it before staring up blankly at it.

Another year came and went, and despite the many changes 2020 had granted to the youth's life, he felt no better about his life now than he had in the past 2 years.

He looked back to all he had accomplished, all the friends he had made, all the things he had seen and done- and felt no satisfaction whatsoever.

"Maybe I just need to work harder." He said, before a strong gale blew by, drawing a flinch out of him as his hat was blown off his head and high into the sky.

Figures.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
"Remember, the past need not become our future as well."
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 0:32:58 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

There was no way in hell Moana would ever be rich enough to buy more than one thing in this market. No, the real reason he was here was to people-watch.

It was a hobby he hadn't realized he enjoyed until recently, similarly to so many other things in Hoenn. He'd never really had the time to back home in Alola. The other stuff that he'd had to do meant that he'd be too busy watching where the person was putting their wallet, and when they were least likely to notice if he took it. Now that he was making an effort not to watch for those things, he was beginning to enjoy the other things that people did, such as walking to the beat of a song played on their earphones, or whispering to themselves when they thought nobody else was watching, or jaywalking. It was always funny to catch someone jaywalking.

Wali, his Sigilyph, had accompanied him, as he often did. Wali seemed to enjoy people-watching as much as Moana did, and Moana had discovered a slightly sadistic side to the Sigilyph when he would use his psychic abilities to prank passersby.

It seemed like Wali had found something again, as a pink glow surrounded a hat that blew past them as Wali levitated it over to Moana, placing the hat on his trainer's head.

"It's a nice hat," commented Moana. "Now, whose is it?"

Wali gestured towards a guy about Moana's age who was watching them, and Moana nodded as he walked back towards him.

"Hey, man, sorry I got your hat--"

Wali grabbed the hat right off Moana's head and shoved it right in the poor guy's face.

"Wali, no! Shit. Sorry about that."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:52:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug watched his hat fly across the air hopelessly, not even capable of summoning the effort to chase after it.

It was his fortune that he wouldn't need to, noting quickly the unnatural way the strawhat moved about through the air... before it landed upon the head of a dark skinned youth a dozen so or so meters away.

When the youth finally looked his way, Doug almost managed to smile, holding up an arm in salute.

The straw hat flew off into his face in response, causing him to jolt away with a yelp on reflex, his arms pinwheeling madly as he stumbled back and fell into the fountain with a loud splash in front of everyone.

Figures.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 4:11:01 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

"Fuck!"

Fucking Wali had shoved this poor guy straight into the fountain. God damn it. This was all going so wrong.

Thankfully, Wali seemed to be apologetic, in his own alien way. He immediately grabbed with his psychic energy and attempted to pull him out of the fountain.

"Fuck," repeated Moana with feeling. He felt like he didn't know any other words for a moment. "Look, man, I'm sorry, and I'm pretty sure Wali didn't mean to do that to you." He glared at the Sigilyph, who continued to flap, unperturbed. "Wali, you can't just fucking do that to some random person we don't even know!

"Anyways, I've got... uh,"
Moana fumbled for a Pokeball, eventually finding it and releasing his Pignite, who looked around at the situation, confused.

"Mura's good for drying out wet stuff," he explained. He tossed Mura a treat, and the fire-type ate it gladly, the heat radiating almost tangibly off her in the chilly night. Arceus knew it was probably worse for this poor stranger, who was drenched now.

"You can, um, cuddle with her or something? She's super friendly. Pretty sure she was trained to be a service Pokemon by a previous owner, or something."

God, he felt so bad.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 18:14:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Starting off the new year the proper way. If this was setting a trend for the rest of the year then perhaps he should consider hermitage.

As he was levitated out of the water, the youth lazily reached up to shove the hat off his face and back atop his head, before craning it forward to get a good look at his assailants and saviors.

"Language." He said dryly after a while of the other youth's apologetic rambling. So many curses... Not that he really cared. "Don'cha worry 'bout it. I don'mind none."

Now back in solid ground, he took off his hat and batted it against his knee, droplets of water falling to the floor.

The offer for a cuddle was appreciated. But.

"No. Thanks. She looks like a lovely lil' lady, but..." Said Doug, placing the hat back atop his head, his arm shifting to grab at his neck before he rolled it, grunting. "It's fine, really. I needed somethin' like that anyway."

The chilly wind combined with his wet clothes had dashed away his worthless, depressing thoughts for now.

He chuckled and snorted, shaking his head before turning away from the other youth, holding up a hand.

"I'll be on my way. Sorry 'bout takin' yer time. Happy New Year."

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 17:06:14 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

Moana rolled his eyes, his guilt forgotten for a second. What did he mean, language? "Oh, come on, man. I can't have said fuck more than once. No... twice... er... Look, three isn't even that much either. Come on, you've gotta be like, at least fifteen. You can't tell me you haven't heard worse."

And then he said that he didn't really need something like that, which... what?

"Look, man," said Moana, his eyebrows creasing. "I'm no doctor. I can't name the problem that happens when you're soaked to the bone and it's cold and windy outside. But I know for sure that it exists, and that you aren't immune to it." He shook his head. "I swear, Mura isn't gonna bite you. I feel bad enough that Wali shoved you, I don't want you to freeze to death and haunt me as a Froslass." He frowned here. Whoops. All Froslass were female, huh?

"Er, not that I'm implying you're... uh. You know what, never mind. You know what I meant." He shook his head. "If you have a fire type you'd prefer yourself, that's fine too. Just... don't fucking catch the worst cold on the planet."

Ugh, what was it called again? Hyper-something. This was when he regretted not going to school.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 21:01:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Honestly, what a kind fella. Had a sailor's mouth, but...

Doug sighed.

"Hypothermia. And yer probably right." Said Doug, scratching at the back of his head, feeling his hat drip water onto his hair as another chilly breeze whipped past.

He didn't even find the energy to tremble.

"Ya know what? Sure. Bring'er here. I don't even know what I'm thinking anymore." He said, turning around to face the other youth and his pig.

"Who are ya anyway? I don't go around hugging just any randos' pokemon... often." He said with a grin, approaching the two before dropping into a squat in front of the Pignite, holding out a fist towards her.

"Me? Name's Doug. Pleasure to cuddle with ya, love."

TAG: @moana
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 4:26:21 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

Hypothermia. That was what it was called. Fair enough. Moana tried to remember that one. Who knew when it might be important again?

And then he nearly sighed in sheer relief as the guy finally agreed to cuddle with Mura. God knew it was an awkward request, but... it was hard to be more awkward than they already were, at this point. People were staring, hardly bothering to hide their surprise, at the strange duo, one boy drenched from head to toe and one boy with a Sigilyph and a Pignite at his side in the midst of an open market.

"The name's Moana," he said. "Moana Reyes. And you're Doug, huh? Nice to meet you."

Mura was still enthusiastic about the whole affair, returning Doug's fist bump with a snort. Moana tossed her another Pokeblock, which she readily devoured, and the heat began to pulse off her body once more, as if in time with her breathing.

"Well, happy New Year, Doug," said Moana, because shit. Now that he'd gotten the poor guy in this situation, he had to come up with some kind of small talk, or he'd look like some weirdo.

"You make any resolutions?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 20:37:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

If Doug noticed people were staring, he did not even notice, casually dropping on his butt in the middle of the open market before throwing his arms around the Pignite, goosebumps spreading over his skin as her body warmth spread over him and drew a relieved sigh out of his lips.

"Pleasure's all mine." He said, seemingly forgetting the entire reason he was drenched. "Hooo-ey, she's a pro awright. This is pretty nice."

People were forced to walk around the duo now that they were pretty much rooted to the middle of the road, but they continued to be ignored all the same.

"The only happy thing about it's that it's ending." He said with a laugh, shaking his head with a grin. "Can't say I got any, no. Maybe get a real house?"

As if he could afford such a thing. He snorted.

"Maybe a tiny, dingy apartment instead." Yeah, that seemed closer to his bank account level.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 21:20:40 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

The two of them were like a boulder tossed into the middle of running water, parting the stream but going otherwise unnoticed by everyone else.

"Yeah, that's fair, man," said Moana. "This year was a ride, and not the kind you find at a carnival. Good riddance."

And then Doug discussed his grand ambitions... that quickly became less grand, and Moana snorted. "Yeah, man, that's fair enough. Realism is important, and you can work your way up to the good stuff." Here he shrugged. "Well, who am I to talk? I'm as homeless as anyone. But I gotta say, being a squatter is treating me well enough."

It really was. Nobody seemed to care about the surprisingly large population of Hoenn that just lived in tents. Moana supposed it came with the territory, when you were a shithole of a region making the international news for something terrible three times a year.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 1:06:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: