Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 0:54:24 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"I don't believe it!! Little John Lawrence!!! ABBY'S BOY COME HERE!!!" The older gentleman croaked out as they spotted him, clearly happy to see him and despite the name used, SKids gave them a friendly smile.

"Hello Mr. Macintosh, it's good to see you too sir." SKids greeted as he held a hand out to the farmer but he ended up pulled into a bear hug.

"Where have you been?! Don'tcha know what Hoenn's been put through lately? I thought you'd come back the instant you heard a war had happened!"

Releasing him,a confused look came to Skids' face before he glanced to the side. LEtting a sigh go. Yeah he had...nothing as a reasponse to that. It was still weird to hear people mention a war and all the chaos that happened. Why the hell would any of the regions fight one another? It just...felt so out of place. Being released from the grip, the fit farmer landed a strong hand on his shoulder.

"AH don't worry about it. Glad you still remembered yer roots to come help out! I'm sure you'll be rather useful to the league." Mr. Macintosh remarked, a large smile on their face. "Now, you aren't the only one who was kind enough to help me out today, let's go join them out back."

"Well I'm glad others are taking up the task of helping you as well." Skids says as he follows them.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 1:30:26 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]

Noelani leaned back and waited for whomever would be joining him for this job. Well, it wasn’t technically a job exactly it was more of a request. It seemed someone had talked about his company and his name had come up resulting in him being asked if he could help. Spreading his name was always good and accepting this would generate goodwill in the long run. Something the alolan didn’t mind at all.
[break][break]
It wasn’t long before the old man brought the guy that would be helping Noelani. Another old man but this one he recognized from the brief stint they had of exploring that abandoned hotel in Slateport. Rising a hand in greeting he could only amusedly call out “Hello there, fancy meeting you again.”
[break][break]
He knew vaguely what they had to do so Noelani turned towards the owner that requested them “So anything you can fill us on a as heads up before we start in truth.” He mostly wanted to see if he could get a clue on what might have been causing the problem for the farmer.
[break][break]
After that Noelani wouldn’t mind just socializing and allowing the two men that obviously knew each other to catch up for a bit if needed.

Party:

[attr="class","ooc-area"]a little note here — , tag2

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #cb8500; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #cb8500; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #cb8500; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 2:29:14 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
Seeing the familiar voice and hearing their voice, Skids gave a warm smile and waved to Noelani.

"Oh good, you two already know each other! That means you two can probably work together a lot easier." Ol Macintosh remarked.

"Yes, we've had our own adventure of sorts back in Slateport." Skids replied witha nod.

With noelani asking about the task,the farmer directed their gaze to a newly fenced in area. Which the two men would be able to spot the fluffy white balls that were known was Wooloo, there was probably five of the sheep like pokemon there. Rolling about the nicely sized area they had to themselves.

"There's a local Mightyena pack that seems to fancy sheep mostly but they've been a problem for a while now. It seems though with these round fluff balls, they've gotten much bolder. Doesn't help sometimes the wooloo roll along and break the fence. I can handle figuring out a way to build a fence they can't break. What I'm not able to handle, is that Mightyena pack." Ol Macintosh explained. "So while I reinforce that fence, I need you two lads to watch the wooloo, as I'm going to have to move em to a different area in order to work."

So it was warding off a pack of mightyena. Why though were they attacking the farm for food? Was something not right in the routes nearby for them to get food? Wait...this sounded familiar.

"Is it that same Mightyena you swear had it out for ya all those years ago?" Skids asked, the older man chuckled.

"Might be one of his pups, old Snaggletooth seems to have kicked the bucket. But whatever Mightyena took up leadership, decided that it was still a wise idea to keep hitting up my farm for a extra meal. Darn dogs haven't learned yet despite all the years of back an forth war." Ol Macintosh replied. "Sadly my best guard dogs aren't up to the task, they're mostly old and the youngins aren't trained enough to handle this pack, last time I tried that, I had to get my mons stitches."

Skids shuddered lightly, not liking the sound of it. Well this was going to be a strange and interesting event.

"Hopefully we can help scare them off for good, right?" Skids said, glancing to Noelani to see if they were still on board for this.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 23:12:09 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Noelani listened attentively to the farmer as he also cast an eye towards the Wooloo. It made sense that some pokemon had decided to make an easy meal from the farm pokemon. A pack of Mightyena wasn’t the greatest but well it could have also been worse. The alolan had heard stories of Salamence doing that over here and man now that might have proven a bit too much.
[break][break]
The possibility of it being a pokemon with a grudge did also make sense. Dark type were anything if not able to hold a grudge and petty enough to pass it to their offspring. Noelani still remembered that one Obstagoon that kept chasing him all over Alola. The only reason he got rid of it was because it got captured by some tourist. Never seen it again but a couple of zigazgoon still stalked him when he visited its birth island.
[break][break]
Nodding his head in confirmation Noelani responded “Yeah, we’ll take care of it. Defeating the alpha of the pack might scatter them but on the safe side probably best to beat down a few of the other stronger looking ones as well. Dark types like taking over established structures if they think themselves strong enough.”
[break][break]
Glancing at the farmer he asked “When was the last attack and do you know around when it usually happens. It’ll give us some general orientation so we could prepare.”

Party:

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #cb8500; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #cb8500; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #cb8500; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 23:42:43 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"And mightyena are aggressive, so adding that onto if they believe themselves powerful enough, is a dangerous cocktail." Skids added, nodding in agreement with Noel. "I...raised one from a poochyena, that temper gets a good deal worse along with them having a bit too much...confidence.."

There were times that Jokester was a pain due to them thinking they could handle a fight. It caused the mightyena to disobey now an then. HOwever....they were a very loyal pokemon to the 'pack'. So they would do whatever they could to keep the pack strong. Taking out the alpha could make some scatter but..Skids was certain that there was going to be some that remained. Older and more experienced members of the pack possible; or some young hotshots who think they could do something.

"Normally they come out at night, however they've sometimes attacked during the day. I'm positive they might have a look out or something in the treeline, waiting for when I'm not around or busy with one of the other pastures." Ol Macintosh explained. "It's why I asked for someone to be here at this time, since I have to relocate the wooloo in order to work on the fence, they might strike then. So I also need someone to watch em while I work on the fence."

"Reasonable,it's not unlike packs to have members who guard areas of the territory or watch a potential hunting ground for prey." Skids added. "would you be okay with us looking around the area before we start moving the wooloo? Just to familiarize ourselves with the potential routes they'll take?"

"Certainly, a walk about the property's not a bad idea. Just let me know when you're ready, I'll be able to move those wooloo without help."

Skids nodded and looked over to Noelani.

"Sound good to you?" Skids asked.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 19:07:47 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Hearing the comments about the Poochyena line Noelani committed the information to memory so he could know what to look for once they encountered the pack. That would help him in targeting other potentially dangerous ones to knock out and just humiliate them by doing that. That should prove effective enough to dissolve the pack hopefully.
[break][break]
He also agreed that it was possible they would strike once the farmer began moving the Wooloo. It also seemed like a plan of action was forming and as such the alolan added “I have two fliers. They should be able to also circle the area and keep an eye out for scouts and the pack in general.”
[break][break]
Not too long after that he would release both his Corviknight and Talonflame and explain the situation to them as well.
[break][break]
“And if you see anything make sure to circle back here though try to be as subtle as possible, we don’t want to give out the game.” was his final comment before the two birds took to the skies ready to explore and search for their potential targets.
[break][break]
Nodding his head to himself Noelani would then turn towards the two older men “Okay, I should be ready to give the area a circle if you are?” not much to prepare on his side more then that. All that was left was to see what they’ll find.

Party:

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 21:26:28 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"I have Salemn but I think a dragon flying around would make the pack suspicious, so I'll let you handle the aerial side of things." Skids said.

"Salemn? You still have that dragon?" Ol Macintosh asked, Skids gave a small nod. "Well look at that, I remember when they were a bagon and jumped off my barn, you were in such a panic over it till I explained that's what they do."

Skids gave a small sigh.

"Yes I remember my lack of knowledge at the time..thank you." Skids replied before looking over to Noelani. "Yep, I'm good to go."

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a pokeball and released Holo. The houndoom shook her head and glanced around, tilting her head in confusion. Course, Skids put a hand on her head.

"Just stick close to us but keep an eye out for me, okay?" Skids asked her.

"Alright,I'll leave you lot to it,see you lot soon." Ol Macintosh said before he headed off.

"That man hasn't changed...not sure if that's worrying or a good thing.." Skids muttered to himself when the other was gone.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 0:02:44 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Chuckling Noelani added “Yeah I would agree with that” after that he wouldn’t have to wait long before the older man released one of his pokemon and declared he was ready. Nodding his head at that they would being circling the territory of the farm.
[break][break]
Keeping his eyes open to their surroundings as they walked, the alolan didn’t exactly spot anything that exactly jumped out to him but he was also no expert tracker so in a way that was to be expected. It was after a few more minutes of walking that Noelani spotted the form of his Talonflame returning and after circling above them she landed in front of them.
[break][break]
Looking at Oya the alolan simply asked “Did you find them?” after the nod of confirmation he continued asking “Was it a scout or the whole pack?”
[break][break]
The talonflame made sure to make a noise of agreement as soon as he said pack clearing up things for the group. Giving a hum Noelani turned towards Skids “So do you want us to go back and warn the old man or make him start the moving the Wooloo to use it as bait or should we go and confront the pack now before they could settle in?”
[break][break]
The way he structured the question Noelani made sure to emphasizes the part about going after the Mightyena directly as his preferred option without outright saying it directly. Depending on what Skids said would determine their course. Though if they did decide to target the pack his Talonflame would easily take to the skies once more and lead them to where their targets were.

Party:

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 21:09:35 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"The whole pack is already here...?" Skids muttered, trying to figure out why the whole pack was already here rather than just a scout.

Did they make a den nearby in order to have better access to the food? Possible but..Mightyena weren't dumb, they would know settling down this close to the farm would give more dangers though. Traps, the farmer and his staff, and the guard pokemon. There would also be competition.

"The fact that the entire pack is already this close is worrying...something else could be going on and they're just using the livestock as quick and easy meals...even more so at the moment.." Skids replied, pausing as the gears in his head turned. "We need more information before we go ahead with confronting the pack, if we just walk toward the spot they're all at, they'll have the advantage. I haven't been in that treeline in years, while this mightyena have a habit of roaming it. They know it better and could easily have ambush spots."

But...at the same time, was something else drive them here? Forest burning maybe? The route got downsized for more farmland? Looking around, the farm still seemed the same size it was when he was younger. But was it? Shaking his head, he sighed.

"What do you suggest? We're working together on this, I voiced my thoughts. I want to hear yours on this." SKids asked.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 21:48:23 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

“It is possible something did make them move or well the old man did say the leader of the pack had a grudge against him. If they had scouted the past couple of days, they could know he might be moving the Wooloo today so they moved the whole pack close buy to do one big hit.” was Noelani’s own added speculation on the matter.
[break][break]
Honestly it could be just as Skids said or what he himself had suggested after all it was a bit odd to see a whole pack just for simple raid on a farm. Though the reason for why could come later now it was probably better to think on how to approach this.
[break][break]
Tilting his head, he fired off quickly “Well we could try and send one of our Pokemon to provoke and challenge the alpha of the pack to come forward and then take him out. That one is risky though because he wouldn’t be obliged to answer as I doubt they are that kind of pokemon. The other is to somehow make them move from their spot and lure them somewhere. We could also wait for them to send a scout and when we spot it getting close we could have the old man start moving the Wooloo that would force them to come to us instead.”
[break][break]

Party:

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 21:54:05 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"Mightyena are pack pokemon, so a challenge of leadership would have to be answered. If the alpha ignores it, it could make the pack think they're weak and then cause those within the pack to challenge him. Even if it's from a outsider pokemon, leadership is valued in many pokemon species that travel in herds or packs. They need to know their leader can provide and keep them safe from any threat." Skids replied. "The problem with that, we'd be sending one of our own into the wolf's den..."

And that alone would prove a bad idea. Glancing to the treeline, Skids narrowed his gaze slightly. Trying to spot something, anything that could give him a better idea on what to do. Reaching into his pockets, he gave a small blink and recalledhe had Salemn still in their ball. He pulled the pokeball out of his pocket and glanced at it, letting his attention linger on it before looking back to the treeline.

"You know what....let's try to scare them off. Not many pokemon would be brave enough to challenge a dragon type, the alpha might though. After all, he's tasked with protecting all of them, if he can't fend off a older dragon or get it disinterested, the rest of the pack may turn tail and run." Skids suggested. "We'd just need your taloneflame to lead the way to the rest of the pack and we can follow at a safer distance?"

It was the only other idea Skids had. While not quite going into the fray, it still was.
close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:28:23 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

It seemed that challenging the alpha was a valid strategy then. Something that reassured Noelani a bit as he would rather not use others as bait. Not because he wasn’t above it but just in this particular case it didn’t appeal to him and his mindset of why suggest things you wouldn’t do yourself.
[break][break]
Listening to the older man’s suggestion the alolan simply nodded along, liking the idea that was getting outlined. Clicking his tongue in displeasure Noelani added “That’s not a bad idea. I wish I had Makani on me though. Maybe not the most intimidating dragon but Dragapult have a presence of their own as well.”
[break][break]
Scaring them away might work especially with a dragon type. The more he thought on it the more he liked the plan so he added on his full agreement “Yeah, Yeah. Let’s do it then.”
[break][break]
After saying that he would signal his Talonflame so it could lead them towards where the pack was. It would take only around twenty minutes for them to finally hit a good enough distance from their targets. Knowing how strong the sense of smell could be for some pokemon Noelani had made sure to make the stopping point just far away that the Mightyena wouldn’t immediately notice them hopefully.
[break][break]
Turning towards Skids the alolan would speak up “Okay we are still just a bit too far but I figured it’s better to set up now and give us a smidge more time if they notice us. We can close the distance more but better if you let out your partner and Oya would tell it the location while she will remain with us to guide us.”
[break][break]

Party:

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:36:37 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
That was another pokemon he didn't know. It was starting to be a tad displeasing to not know so many things. Still, he gave a nod.

"Do you have any other large pokemon that can take to the sky? Maybe another large pokemon even if not a dragon, can still put fear into them?" Skids asked.

He knew the young man wasn't from Hoenn, so maybe they had a pokemon that he didn't know of? Either way, more than one pokemon could certainly help with the scaring. Even better if it wasn't native and the Mightyena's didn't know what to do in order to handle the fight. They would know the weakness to a Salamence, but if they were smart they wouldn't try to take a older one down unless it was near the end of it's life or sick. Skids would follow along, taking care to not mistep and to follow the other's lead.

"Right." Skids replied when they mentioned taking their partner out.

Releasing the salamence form their ball, the dragon tilted their head. Taking a moment to recognize the area and glancing back the way the two trainers came. Skids gently patted them.

"Easy my friend. We'll go visit when we're done, right now we got a job. You okay with scaring some dogs?" Skids asked.

Salemn seemed to ponder it but they soon nodded in agreement.

Noelani Kekoa
close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
The ol Homstead (M)
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 23:15:50 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Humming Noelani replied “Beside my Corviknight I don’t have any other flyer that could intimidate them well enough. The rest of the pokemon I have on me are strong but they don’t look fearsome to inspire grand impressions unless we set it up. If it comes to it, I can still release them though.”
[break][break]
After they settled in and Skids released his Salamence Noelani simply took in the dragon. Maybe it was better that Makani wasn’t with him. Knowing the Dragapult he would have wanted to challenge the other dragon type to a fight and while he would have still listened and followed the plan Noelani didn’t doubt Makani wouldn’t stop pestering him afterwards about it.
[break][break]
Once ready Oya would catch up the Salamence on what they were doing if it was ready would then start leading it towards the pack. Nodding after the moving pokemon Noelani would just say “Let’s follow them. My Corviknight should be around by now so if things get dicey, I can give it a signal to swoop in as well.”
[break][break]
If the Salamence followed Oya they would eventually stumble on a clearing housing a number of the Mightyena. It didn’t matter if they could recognize who was the alpha after all their job was to scare them away and issue a challenge the leader would come out on his own.
[break][break]

Party: