under the cover of night [dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 2:53:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","blackrose"]
318 for
It's dusk. The golden glow of the ever-lowering sun upon the waters of Dewford wash the world in that ever-orange glow, especially on the blue-haired beauty. If one looked at the other Dewford inhabitants, they would see the oddly-dressed young woman, standing out like a sore thumb. Not that she really cared what they thought of her. Skin-tight was a good look for her.

Well. That aside.

Orders hadn't come in. Still laying low, the beauty would leave her small table by the harbor, in pursuit of the ship that had recently found itself the captain. One nod, and Rose was here.

On a ship, in the midst of the seas, just outside of Dewford. The reason was simple. Fill her forces out, and become formidable enough to take her younger sister back. Wherever that was in Hoenn... while staying as undercover as possible. Though there was a problem. One that was staring her dead in the face.

She was already feeling that certain sickness come on. Thankfully, she made sure to bring her own things with her. One was a lounge chair that she eloquently laid upon to keep herself from getting any more seasick than she was. Though while her skin-tight outfit draped itself upon the lounge chair, she realized any amount of standing would lead to showing a side of her that no one, and she MEANT no one was ever going to see. Vulnerability led to failure.

She wasn't about to fail.

Pushing her sunglasses up to her forehead despite the sun having set, her gaze looked to the Captain of the ship. "Captain. We... will anchoring soon, yes?" She grimaced, resisting the urge to bite her lip as she asked, in an attempt to seem stronger than her seasick body seemed to illustrate. A finger drew upon a strand of hair to twist and play with it while she awaited the answer.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".blackrose"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#1E90FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose i"]font-style:italic;color:#00BFFF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 19:34:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The blue-haired young woman had been a last minute addition. While the ship (better known as the Sotally Tober) usually fulfilled its purpose as a vessel for underwater exploration, sometimes Captain Skyler Dross used it for transport of goods when the League asked it of her - for a price, of course.

Transport of people, however, had never been its goal, at least not while in Skyler's hands. But the ship had been headed to Slateport anyway, and the captain had no qualms about letting another person on board.

At least as long as they didn't do anything to damage the ship, that is. Then Skyler would drown them. Possibly.

Wind ruffled Skyler's wild mane of blond curls as she left the helm for the time being, the ship's course already set - and far enough away from treacherous waters for the captain to relax. 

"Anchoring soon? It'll take us at least another hour to reach Slateport." Silver eyes sparkled with amusement. It wasn't all that difficult for Skyler to pick up on the other passenger's discomfort, seasickness being a common enough reaction when first stepping on a ship. "Here, take this." A small package of what appeared to be sweets landed in the woman's lap, Skyler's gaze already flitting away to peer at the ocean. "They'll help."

@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 22:55:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
270 for
Pride was something Rose had in spades, but with these sweets in her lap that the Captain assured would help, it seemed so fickle comparatively. The choice was pretty easy. An entire cruise for an hour on the high seas of Hoenn, sick as a dog, or the chance of an easier voyage on the chance these 'sweets' didn't kill her.

While the conflict merely touched upon her face for a moment, she looked at the package, and without so much more than a second thought, she'd open it in order to take just one. Pride was still something to uphold, and showing vulnerability next to someone so naturally gifted for the sea wasn't in her wheelhouse. Though, Rose didn't often eat sweets, as a sweet tooth wasn't in her genes, especially with her figure to worry about.

Still. When life throws a buoy, the prideful drown, and the grateful keep above water. This case, while much lighter, still fit that mold.

A quiet cough preceded Rose's "Thank you", assured to give the Captain her dues for the relief given. Still confined to the chair, she would at least be able to enjoy the beautiful vast blue at night. Her longing gaze lingering at the vast blue, attempting to look beyond the horizon.

"I-" Rose started, before retreating, a ponder on her next words. The Captain was surely nicer than the usual company she kept, so her tongue needed a lighter diction.

Inhale. Exhale. "Will we be having any evening visitors onboard, Captain?" She still had her mission. But at least she could be pleasant about it.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:42:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRIONNE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @rose

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TENTACOOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON JAB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 17:10:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Evening visitors? I take it you aren't talking about pirates?" A wry smile curled the captain's lips as she turned her head just enough to peer at the blue-haired woman, lazily taking in the skin tight clothes and the proud set of her chin. Skyler's hand hovered hovered her belt, where a collection of pokéballs could be seen. "We might find a few wild pokémon if that's what you're looking for. I have a few of mine patroling around the ship, just in case." 

Case in point when a small geyser of water broke the relative peace of the ship's starboard side, the soft evening breeze sending some of the water droplets their way.  Captain Dross didn't seem overly bothered by it. "That'll be Nautilus, my Wailord." There was something playful in the tone of her voice, mingled with her casual posture. "And you're welcome, I always carry some of those sweets, just in case."

It wasn't long before Skyler's attention shifted away, silver eyes catching the last of the day's sunlight over calm ocean waters. Her wide steps took her away from Rose, the captain leaning over the ship's railing to look at something below. "Blackwood, right? I think you might be interested in that one." She pointed at something in the water below with a slight tilt of her chin. 

PASS
@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:34:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
488 for
There was a charm about the Captain that had Rose's own lips curving upwards. Infectious, even. She was colder than that, but the blue-haired woman wanted to almost banter, even flirt a little. "Come now, if it were pirates, the great Captain could take them down." Now she was being rather playful.

The mention of wild Pokemon had her return to her mission, that almost-smile vanishing into the night.

Rose's gaze focused on a small geyser breaking the peaceful water, and with fewer words, she realized how much control the Captain had with this ship. A Wailord, from what she ready, was likely the size of the ship. Maybe smaller... she admittedly had never seen one herself, but she knew those giant whales were some of the biggest members of the ocean.

With so much as another sweet into her mouth, her attention shot to the Captain as she referred to her by surname, before a certain pinniped shot up out of the water with a jet stream, and landed on the deck, her fins outstretched with the three ruffles down her small blue body. Rose stared for a second, almost unamused at the intruder of their rather pleasant conversation. "Oh Captain my Captain, just Rose will do." A small flirt, and another passing glance at the little Brionne.

Everything washed away upon Rose seeing them. Scars. Flipper scars.

Let alone the unamused blue-haired girl who wished not to even pay this little pinniped mind, but it almost seemed to break the spirit of the little one. Rocket or not, Rose was not heartless. Heartless Rockets were nothing but a cancerous tumor she would crush under her heel if given chance. Getting up, her heeled boots clacked upon the ship, as she neared the little pinniped.

"Hey. Shhh... shh... don't cry. It's okay, little one." her hand reached to the back of the little Brionne's head, petting it behind the ear with a skilled touch.

"I have scars too. Not on the outside, but underneath the skin. It's why I wear this-" she gestured to her suit. -so no one sees beneath the surface." the little Brionne looked up to Rose, a caring, older sister tone came naturally to her, and the Brionne was receptive, scooting closer.

"Captain... may I keep this stowaway with me for the cruise?" the little Brionne lit up, a honk from her nose, and a small bubble exiting from the end, with a greenish hue... a snot bubble as the pinniped kept crying.

That was... pleasant. Rose didn't flinch though.

"I can't very well leave her with scars like this... and she even stole my sunglasses." and Rose placed her sunglasses upon the bridge of the Brionne's nose. Now there was a Bubblebeam of green bubbles filling the night air around them. What a crybaby.

Luna was like that too... once upon a time...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 23:23:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD QWILFISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON JAB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FELL STINGER

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VENOMOTH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TINTED LENS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH LIFE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLEEP POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]ROSE CAUGHT BRIONNE!
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 17:51:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A short bark of laughter escaped the captain's mouth, eyes crinkling at the corners with  amusement. "I'm glad you have such faith in me. I'll try to be worthy of it." Hilariously enough, Skyler had fought pirates before, although it had been before she'd become a captain. At the time she'd been the owner of a humble fishing vessel, hardly worth being boarded by pirates.

"Rose, then." The captain barely paid the wild pokemon any attention, being used to these sort of things. She'd fished her fair share of injured pokemon out of the ocean, left behind to flounder in merciless sea currents either by careless trainers or due to boating accidents. Usually, with a few exceptions, a trip to the nearest pokemon center did the trick.

Her own First Mate, Clarabelle, was one such exception. To this day, Captain Dross thought that the Lopunny's survival had been as close to a miracle as she'd ever witnessed. 

"Plenty of space on the ship, I don't see why not." Silver eyes peered down at the small Brionne, a small smile curling her lips at the honk that escaped, like a teary whine, from the water type's mouth. "I think I might have a few Potions on hand. Otherwise, it might not be a bad idea to capture them." 

Her silver eyes shifted away from the endearing scene to find Clarabelle close to the helm, signalling to her. Gossamer thin membranes fluttered atop the Lopunny's head, prompting an amused snort from the captain.

"Making friends, Clarabelle? Didn't take you for the type!" 

The scarred Lopunny just shook her head, her eyepatch falling slightly as the Venomoth made itself comfortable between her large ears. 

CAPTURING/BEFRIENDING VENOMOTH
@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 11:17:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
219 for
To even offer Potions for something this small, just a hurt little flipper had Rose feeling rather tickled. Quickly, she picked the Brionne up, now holding her underneath her suit's zipper, the Brionne's eyes covered by the sunglasses, tickled by the happenings. A warm smile to the Captain. A little more than warm, perhaps.

"Well then. By the Captain's recommendation, little one. You will be following me from this moment forward. Lily." she rubbed the head of the pop star Pokemon, who honked in delight.

It was bittersweet.

She could almost remember Luna's crying face when Rose would calm her down, to help her in the dark. Rose was young too, but she was mature for her age, or so she liked to think. And Lily reminded her so much of that, and herself.

Almost remember. She barely could see that fuzzy memory, like a transient dream.

Captain Dross referred up above to a Clarabelle, and Rose's eyes shot up towards a Lopunny with an eyepatch, and a Venomoth situating itself between the fluffy ears. Rose gave a slight chortle. "Plenty of stowaways today, huh Captain?" she inquired rhetorically, knowing the Captain didn't mind them.

Lily merely honked up towards Clarabelle in a cute hello, her eyes the shapes of stars at the thought of more friends!

(SKIPPING!)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 3:41:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANPOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACROBATICS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NATURAL GIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IVYSAUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SOLAR BEAM

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]ROSE CAUGHT VENOMOTH!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 19:55:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The Venomoth was swiftly caught with a subtle flick of the captain's wrist. It didn't appear to be hurt, but the disgruntled huff Clarabelle let out widened Skyler's grin, confirming her suspicions. The Lopunny had never been the most affectionate pokemon, and certainly never with strangers - be them humans or pokemon. The moth pokemon had probably attached itself to the Lopunny's fur in an attempt to resist the harsh oceanic breezes.

"You looked pretty cute Clarabelle, not gonna lie. Maybe I should get you a hat." The teasing felt natural as it tumbled from her lips, and the way her First Mate just huffed in annoyance spoke of a well-worn familiarity.

The Lopunny ignored the Brionne's hopeful stare and honking with practised ease, quickly vanishing into the cabin and out of sight.

"You'll have to excuse her," Captain Dross told Rose, a somewhat apologetic grin raising the corners of her mouth. "She's a bit rough around the edges." That was a bit of an understatement; the last time someone had tried to pet the bunny pokemon, she'd nearly kicked the person overboard.

"A moment." The captain squinted at the darkening ocean, brows furrowing. She soon moved away, following after her First Mate and vanishing into the growing shadows. A couple of minutes later, lights flooded the deck and the ocean ahead. Skyler reappeared soon after. "Don't want to be surprised by anything in the water." She had a radar aboard, of course, but one could never know. 

PASS
@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 2:39:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
238 for
Almost immediately, the Brionne's hope was dashed, and its saddened honk came as a response to Clarabelle's less than ideal response. There was a part of Rose that wished to teach Lily to toughen up, but for the life of her, she couldn't. The little one has had it rough enough, and tough love maternal Rose was definitely not the way to go.

Still, as the Captain apologized, Rose turned her gaze, holding Lily closer. She could tell it was genuine. "Captain, there's no reason to apologize. She's been through a lot, it seems. That's a trait we share in common." Rose was genuine in her own response back. Though with two words, the Captain followed after Clarabell, leaving Rose and Lily alone.

Back to the lounge chair, Rose placed Lily down, and laid there, hoping the seasickness would pass.

Affectionately, Lily snuggled up to Rose, attempting to help her calm down whatever was passing through her. Happily, Rose accepted it, hoping those sweets would kick in sooner over later.

When lights hit the deck, the Captain returned to Rose seated beside Brionne, and her gaze seemed content. "Oh? And here I thought you had it covered, Captain. If not you, surely Nautilus. I guess if it came down to it, I can handle myself..." she cooed out, running a hand through her silky hair, a little sass, but that same pleased look on her lips.

(SKIPPING!)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 0:35:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WALREIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AURORA BEAM

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BIBAREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SIMPLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWORDS DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 17:07:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I can assure you, Rose, everything that can be accounted for, is. Of course, the ocean has its whims and moods and will not heel for anyone." It was a reality every sailor had to content with. Make peace with. Because when one rose at dawn to throw themselves into the seafoam and the surf not knowing what awaited them, one had to accept that coming back to shore wasn't a guarantee.

The idea, however, didn't seem to bother Captain Dross. When she looked at Rose from the corner of her eyes, a wild grin stretched her lips. "But that's part of the charm, isn't it?" It was hard to miss the breathless intensity in her words, betraying how much of the captain's heart belonged to the sea.

There was a period of silence that settled over them then, punctuated by the staccato of Captain Dross' steps once in a while when she moved to check on something or the other. Fortunately, the short journey seemed to be - in most aspects - unremarkable, the ocean waters easily parting in the wake of the Sotally Tober's passage. 

"Feeling better?"
The captain appeared by Rose's side, looking down at her with a curious light in her eyes. Clarabelle wasn't far off, coiling some rope close to the ship's railing. Farther away, on the bow of the ship, was a Grapploct, its tentacle-like appendages moving crates from one place to another. "Seeing as you haven't retched the contents of your stomach yet, I say you're doing pretty well." A playful glimmer brightened silver eyes, though the captain was quick to look away at the sound of a far-away crash.

PASS
@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:34:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
233 for
Charming. That's one word for Rose's thoughts on the dear captain. With one look between them, that grin on Dross' face had Rose believe so heartily that there was love in this sea. Even if it brought people like her mild seasickness, twas still true. Rose could see the beauty in the sea. Though that might have been another thing Rose had focus on.

The check-up was appreciated, but as Rose moved a hand through her hair, she gave a genuine, subdued nod. "I believe so. Though that is in part to you, as it is to Lily. She's trying." The Brionne had fallen asleep comfortably beside of Rose... snoring with the ridiculous honk that left Rose feeling almost annoyed, yet feeling calmer by its ridiculousness.

How can such a cute thing exist? Rose felt herself grow a heart all over again.

"Though I'd admit, I'd prefer to have a cup of tea, Captain. When my stomach isn't at risk of staining your deck." She felt the sweat in asking such a question, the green eyes on Skyler for just a moment. Just tea, as friends, nothing more. She didn't wish to turn things weird on the Captain.

Gazing around to the Pokemon doing there work, Rose dared not move a muscle to let Lily snore with that honk. Leaving the request in the air for the Captain to respond.

(SKIPPING!)