lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 23:54:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis laboratory

research

pursuit of contact with the beyond

evil was something that could be corrected.

everything could be corrected.

all the lives she had taken; it could all be reversed. the ones she would take, perhaps this month (she never knew)… it could all be taken back, with the right steps forward.

she was sure of it.

there was nothing to worry about. she had all the time in the world.

all the time in the worlds.

she didn’t sleep. her hands could work quicker than anyone. she knew this. she had seen a lot of hands around her in the past year. they worked for her, now. what a trip.

a magnezone blocked the sunlight through the hole in the ceiling. eight klinklangs hovered in a circle below, cycling into unified speed.

she flipped a switch, and something in the room shifted. red hearts at the center of spinning gears glowed, and they fired in unison into a metallic object which hovered in the center of the room.

a reading on a far computer hit walls, and a bad light flashed frantically.

“stop!”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 18:50:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
dream poject / private file

research

observing the effects of munna's dream mist pt. 1

it was full, hunger sated by the docile cubchoo sleeping dreamlessly on the floor towards the cold, metal wall of her sootopolis laboratory.

memories of the chaos at the soiree months earlier kept the scientist on the other side of a glass barrier. she didn’t have any dreams to steal, but she wasn’t taking any chances.

she watched as DREAM MIST began to trickle upwards and then plume, curling beautifully, ominously from the tapir’s head on the other side. with a press of a button, a platform was raised into the enclosure. a small tepig, looking worrisomely at the strange, floating creature in front of it.

soon, the mist was filling their small fishbowl. only when lulu was sure that it would be dense enough to take effect did a vent open, clearing the air so that they were visible to her again.

she watched, and so did a camera. and soon, she was writing.

15/01/22: munna, observing effects of dream mist on tepig.

dream eater was used prior to study via cubchoo. exposed tepig to high level of pink dream mist. tepig seems confused; attempting to eat and interact with objects nonexistent. does not seem in pain or otherwise negatively affected.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:53:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
dream poject / private file

research

observing the effects of munna's dream mist pt. 2

tonight, she decided to study the munna again. only this time, there was an alteration to her experiment.

wide awake, looking freshly rested, lulu watched her cubchoo victim twitch on the ground. it was making uncomfortable faces and though it were trapped in its slumber, desperate to escape. it sweated, and whined, but never woke.

the munna’s DREAM EATER consumed the dark energy that plagued the little bear’s mind, until it was sleeping peacefully. it was then moved into the same container as her tepig again.

lulu watched. soon, a DREAM MIST had formed, pluming from the hole on the tapir’s head and filling the glass. this one was much darker than last time.

she took her notes.
19/01/22, munna, observing effects of black dream mist on tepig.

dream eater was used by munna prior to study via cubchoo with nightmares induced by myself. exposed tepig to high level of black dream mist. tepig seems confused and distraught; seems to be seeing things again.

dream eater was used prior to study via cubchoo. exposed tepig to high level of pink dream mist. tepig seems confused; attempting to eat and interact with objects nonexistent. does not seem in pain or otherwise negatively affected.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 0:02:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis laboratory

technology

spacecraft engineering and dimensional software

there was no time to do it twice. there might've not been enough time to do it once.

a slew of metagross processed drafts and assembled hardware accordingly. new alloys still in development under the exodus project featuring various mixtures of C2MnSi2, C14H4O2, and Fe4Ca were tested over the innermost frame.

one porygon-2 manned the beginning of prototype controls in another corner, while its counterpart created  problems, the two developing, troubleshooting and expanding continually.

for now, as she waited on ’s perpetual motion machine, the craft was still largely a shell—but GMH’s progress was closing in on completion. soon enough, the heart would be ready. there would be a full assembly, trials, and then, the craft would be on its way to redirect meteno 99943—sending back data as it traveled.

it wouldn’t be her only attempt to stop the meteoroid, but for now, it was what made the most sense to her.

while her team worked, she sat at a desk, introducing a new code to a porygon-z and testing its reaction. there were sparks, and its floating shapes glitched violently.

the scientist quickly reached for a pokéball to return her thrashing program, hissing at the brief electrocution that coursed through her fingers. placing the capsule on her desk, she hit a key on the keyboard and reviewed.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 8:38:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis laboratory / accessible file

research

studying contaminated minior

following rocket’s trip inside the tree, her interest had focused on one thing, first and foremost. her suspicions of walsh, though rattling, would have to wait.

she burst into the door, a shadow shooting across stone, and jumping down ladders into the darkness of the bunker in a hurry.

”canyon,” her voice echoed through the metallic laboratory. lights came on. ”saoirse." ”don't call me that.” ”but it's your name."

without the interest to argue, she crossed the floor to place two pokéballs on trays. they retracted on arms into chambers, releasing two subjects. one was the mossy minior, which had clearly been contaminated by the world of the tree, and the other was a normal, unaffected minior.

even with all of the chaos ripping through the fabric of their reality, lulu continued to search for more gateways.

”record.”

tests would be performed, in search of radiation, and of the bioenergy that had been discovered in hoenn’s veins—or something else, whatever it might be. 

among those analyzing was a porygon-z—an uncommon choice in her lab, for its unreliability, but one she had decided to include based on the notion that its original design had been for dimensional travel. an idea that had, at one time, seemed largely laughable by many. who was laughing now?

20/02/22, analyzing black moss on minior.

tests have determined that the materials left on minior are of two separate sources—moss from the tree of life, and a black, rocky foreign substance of unknown origin. perhaps it has something to do with the portals generated by the unown.

a video and the results of this study can be accessed with basic authorization in rocket's laboratories.

[the above notes refer to the mod post below this]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 4:10:50 GMT
shiv Avatar

LULU'S LAB

geomancy minior study

In Lulu's laboratory, the Minior from the Tree of Life is scrutinized. This peculiar creature, affected by its environment and dimensional warp, reveals several curious results:

1. The moss is from the Tree of Life itself, incorporated into the Minior's core.
2. The black material is seemingly from an alternate source, presumably the black portal the Unown of Team Rocket have created.

The Porygon-Z erratically analyzes the Minior in its own strange way; however, the only information it can find in conjunction with Lulu's other tests is that the moss and the black material are from two separate sources. Presumably, two separate dimensions.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 6:28:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis laboratory / restricted file

hacking mossdeep

search for information on meteno 99943

a cheap coffee maker dripped nearby. it was an old scene, not often revisited these days. this was not the thrilling and elaborate heist of information she’d intended it to be.

there had been no need for flourish or costume, or the wit to redeem herself after the whole mission had backfired. leading up to this, it had been only quiet shadow as she'd slipped in and out of league-funded laboratories. would certainly be pleased with her discreetness.

her chair creaked lightly as she sat back beneath the glow of canyon’s massive screens. with a few keystrokes, they were all set for invasion of their destinations. with a go, she observed as the AI ran with keys, and her slew of porygon were set loose with it.

”take everything you can find on meteno 99943.”

while she wanted other things, they would likely have only so much time before they were caught and booted out. priorities first.

some time would pass. they would hit multiple addresses.

they would find plenty.

the following are findings from a hack of mossdeep space center:

1. league intends to teleport the meteoroid into another dimension if breaking it up is not feasible or safe.

2. they are currently investigating the use of primal energy to perform concise and safe warping/teleportation of objects.

3. they have identified one particular dimension they are currently trying to find a reliable way to teleport things to: the hostile "sea hoenn".
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 9:12:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis laboratory

technology

spacecraft and propulsion system engineering

it all started with a ring. circular, infinite and yet connected, like the multiverse they were now aware of—but with luck, this would be unbreakable.

this ring was much smaller than the multiverse. in fact, it was exactly nine meters in diameter. its mass was constructed from a new alloy the world had not yet seen before, coating carbon fiber with compounds discovered during team rocket's exodus project—the study which had sought (and succeeded) to recreate genesect.

TiO2Un5, the foundation of most steel-types, along with C14H4O2 of togedemaru and Fe4DePr of mawile, reinforced durability. a dash of melted-down megalopolan armor collected after the war was like a secret spice in the recipe. then, TiAl3, a compound derived from galarian meowth, provided even further thermal conductivity to the copper alloy used to weld more of these rings together.

within this constructed celestial body sat the engine, powered by the impressive reaction of exploding mega stones. the infinity energy generated by this reaction would provide the power for 's perpetual motion machine—the abandoned brainchild of silph co. scientists, traded over by himself, and now nurtured to its ultimate potential.

with all of this, the project's scientists hoped that their creation would survive to reach the far stretches of what was truly possible for humankind.

deep space, and beyond.

with the problem of 99943 meteno now abandoned, what currently remained to be filled at the top of the craft was left bare. it would be fitted with the tools for rocket’s goals once a strong mission had been settled upon.

meanwhile, in the wake of the discovery of deoxys, as well as other communication to extraterrestrial life and newly identified multiversal threats, developments were underway to prepare defenses. the last thing they wanted was to get so far, only to be overtaken by cosmic symbionts and all turn into angry (plural).

despite all doubt, and ideas seeming to have fallen on deaf ears a year and a half ago, the head scientist could finally see the bulk of her work coming together. combined with efforts and the research of many of rocket's brightest minds of the past and present, including , , , , , , @leone and more, they would find out what was out there, and they would defy the future they'd been shown.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 1:53:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
mossdeep home laboratory

technology

dimensional software engineering

much heavy lifting had transported her private lab into the basement of her new home with . luckily, the scientist was in possession of so many alakazam that the task had been completed rather quickly.

seated in front of a massive, looming screen, she typed away at the hologram of a keyboard. reflected in her sleepless eyes was the code she had been working on since her early days in the region.

the patch for porygon-z.

in those days, she had never imagined the turn of events that would occur. to see porygon in the cloud had been inspiring all over again. since, it had been a race against distorting time to complete her project.

after checking, and rechecking, and scouring for errors, she sat and basked in the moment, before one more stroke of a key finalized the job. looking over at her subject, she found that its erratic movements had suddenly subsided.

her breath hitched, barely able to utter the words, ”i did it.”

she stared for a long moment, a tingle sent all through her at the thrill of success.

”theo, i did it!”

her voice carried upward, perhaps into the house, and she finally found her legs. her chair was practically thrown as she dashed up the stairs.

left behind, the porygon-z watched her leave. a wide, unblinking eye twitched.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 5:56:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
MOSSDEEEP HOME LAB / ACCESSIBLE FILE

INFINITY ENERGY

a brief report

this report serves as an updated summary of team rocket’s knowledge and developments in technology related to infinity energy.

KNOWN SOURCES

infinity energy seems to be a force contained within all living things, and some presumably nonliving as well. notable sources are pokemon, crystablooms, and mega stones.

CRYSTABLOOMS appeared after our exploration of the TREE OF LIFE, during the time of the dome. they act as conduits and temporary sources for infinity energy; however, once they are removed from their source, this energy begins to fade.

infinity energy is also contained within MEGA STONES, which must be broken to obtain it. it is unknown where this infinity energy came from, or if it has somehow been imparted by living beings.

especially high levels of infinity energy have been discovered in the ETERNAL FLOWER FLOETTE, XERNEAS, AND AVATAR .

WORMHOLES

wormholes to ultra space have been opening in hoenn for four years via MEGALOPOLAN TECHNOLOGY, LEAGUE SCIENTISTS and NECROZMA, SOLGALEO, AND OTHER ULTRA BEASTS respectively. these occurrences seem to have some relation to infinity energy, at least in some cases. however, after the three-day war, they became nearly impossible to open by presumably anyone or anything.

since the events of meteno 99943 and arrival of palkia and dialga, wormholes are opening again. RADIATION from these instances have caused heavy snowfall alarmingly uncharacteristic of hoenn’s climate.

WARPING

in preparation of meteno 99943, information was obtained on league primal energy warping technology. attempts were made to replicate this using infinity energy. this project was UNSUCCESSFUL and has been scrapped.

TECHNOLOGY

◉ COTILLARD’S SHINY MACHINE – the megalopolan scientist jules cotillard engineered an altered shiny machine and used mega stones as a catalyst to open wormholes prior to the three-day war.

◉ GENERATOR – infinity industry’s infinity generator was developed through joint efforts by , , and myself. after experimenting on mega stones, we were able to find a way to extract the infinity energy they contain and convert it to electricity. this technology now powers most of hoenn.

◉ ABSORBER – the absorber is a machine used to extract the infinity energy of pokémon for other means of use. it functions using the same technology as cotillard’s shiny machine and the league’s primal points, the pokémon itself acting as the catalyst. we have used it continually on the eternal flower floette.

◉ PROPULSION SYSTEM – infinity energy derived from the eternal flower floette powers our spacecraft propulsion system. after the successful landing on meteno 99943, tentative plans are being made for a future launch of a porygon-piloted space probe.

◉ DETECTOR – i have developed a handheld device that detects levels of infinity energy in a surrounding area. this device has been useful in predicting where spacetime distortions might occur due to the major fluctuations in readings taken in these areas.

A NOTE

research on infinity energy is very much ongoing. any new findings or instances of wormholes are encouraged to be reported to the labs.
[break][break]

her fingers slowed, concluding the brief. with a few clicks, it was shared with rocket's laboratory, and in inboxes of  higher-ups. finished for now, she rose from her desk, and ascended the stairs from the basement, usual company at her heel.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:49:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
ROCKET HQ LAB / ACCESSIBLE FILE

METENO 99943

and related events inc. rifts and terastal phenomenon

the following is a brief of events which occurred during team rocket's meteor mining mission on nov 18 2022, the day of the meteno 99943's arrival. this does not include events which occurred at littleroot and mt. pyre.

METENO 99943

in august 2021, BEHEEYEM were introduced to a METEORITE provided by , revealing to us the METENO 99943 meteor was accelerating towards hoenn. we believe this was due to dimensional instabilities caused by DIALGA and PALKIA.

meteno arrived on nov 18 2022. the league was set to warp it to sea!hoenn using PRIMAL CRYSTALS. using new rocket technology powered by the ETERNAL FLOWER FLOETTE, we were able to reach the meteor. an attempt to mine its surface for a mineral we now know as TERA CRYSTAL was unsuccessful as the crystal could not be broken or extracted.

the meteor was warped away by the league, but the tera crystal remained inexplicably. before it could impact hoenn, it was blown apart by a RAYQUAZA in possession of .

DRK TRIAD member NISA HOLO made an appearance on the meteor, attempting to teleport away the tera crystal to "anywhere else"; however, she was unable to do this. holo was detained briefly by and myself before escaping. details of her interrogation will be released soon.

additionally discovered on the meteor was a hostile DEOXYS which appeared from a triangular rock formation. it terastalized, battled those on the meteor's surface and then reduced itself to its CORE. it is now in team rocket's possession.

on the ground, there was tear in our dimension and a giant KYUREM attempted to enter our world. during this attack, it froze many pokemon in NEVERMELTICE, leaving what is now called the SILENT ICELAND.

in the wake of meteno, dimensional rifts have also opened in five locations.

RIFTS

RIFTS have appeared in thhe PRIMAL POINT locations set up by the league. these are MT. PYRE, FORTREE CITY, PETALBURG, GRANITE CAVE, and LITTLEROOT. it is currently unknown why these locations were chosen.

we have tasked individuals with investigating these heavily guarded locations. mt. pyre may be of particular concern, as it seems to be linked to the afterlife.

further research is underway.

TERASTAL PHENOMENOM

tera crystal shards are now being found all over hoenn, containing the power to terastallize pokemon when activated with a TERA ORB, a new technology. this terastallizing turns the pokemon into a TERA TYPE, powerfully overriding its natural typing.

further research is underway. it is recommended to take great caution when utilizing tera crystal shards.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 22:04:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
circhester, galar
may 4th, 2023

dear cillian,

it’s nice to be back. i missed the snow. circhester looks different after necrozma, but it still feels like home somehow. it’s strange, as i don’t recall it ever feeling much like home before. i think you took that feeling with you when you left for kanto all those years ago.

so much has happened since then. look at who we’ve become and what we’ve made for ourselves. we are rich beyond our wildest dreams and chosen by gods. yet, i am haunted by the things i have done. do you feel the same, i wonder?

i have learned so much in hoenn, thanks to you. there is infinitely more to learn, but it does not feel safe for me there. as i’ve told you, i sense walsh has ill will towards me. that feeling has been harder to shake. rowan is missing now. we have both seen what i believe you may do.

i can’t discover the secrets of the multiverse if i’m dead, so i am choosing to disappear for now. perhaps we will see each other again, somewhere in this world or the next. i do not intend to stay in galar.

please take care of yourself.

with love,
saoirse

p.s. i’m leaving my dogs with you. they’re well-suited for the life they have been living and i hope to have little use for them.

_______

the above letter was written right before it was crumpled up and shoved into her pocket, never to be seen. the disappearance, however, did happen.

they had been on a trip to galar— , his husband , and she—to see the mountains. only shortly after they had arrived, they would find her gone.

rocket’s former head scientist had perhaps always teetered at the edge of sanity—the downside to her brilliance. to her increasingly paranoid mind, this had seemed like the only way to continue. it was not death that she feared, but rather the inability to further the work she felt might play a role in the universe’s destiny.

much followed. first was the loss of darkrai’s avatarship, now replaced with a cold emptiness. having known it had some greater purpose in hoenn—as well as its older bond with —she had expected the possibility. though her powers have gone now, insomnia has remained in the god’s wake. a curse or a blessing?

over the summer, she also shared many conversations with the great scientific minds of galar under the identity of dr. monday amsel. one thing which came to light was that the work which needed to be done could not be done from outside of the origin point.

catching word of the progress of technology whose conception had made use of her research, she finally made the decision to return. if the work was meant to be done, it would be, and death would not stand in her way.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu's laboratory
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 18:59:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
x
-
sootopolis
october 31, 2023

it hadn’t been a long night out, but it had been an effort nonetheless. a rare break from endless hours of work, during which she’d donned a black dress and dusted off a pointy witch’s hat from the closet and spent a portion of the evening at a noisy, smelly establishment in the dirty depths of sootopolis, where revelry had reached its peak.

though she’d socialized, a broom was the only company she kept the whole way through. at the end of her excursion, she stowed it under her arm and clutched her hat as she climbed atop her noctowl for the ride home–but there would be one stop on the way.

over the city and over the waves they, soon coming upon an island she had not visited in quite some time.

once landed, she slid off and pulled the witch’s hat back onto her head. for a while, then, she simply walked along the shore, remembering the rush. here, rocket had once gathered under the command of , and she had gained strange powers and a stranger companion.

where was her former patron now, on this night of terror? did the boss even celebrate the holidays? he had been no fun at all at his new year’s birthday party.

after a long while of wandering and wondering, she stopped. the broom in her hand was turned upside down and its handle stabbed into the sand–the same broom darkrai had suggested for her costume last year, which she’d rejected, much to the mythical being’s displeasure.

her hat was taken off and placed on the bushy end. pinned within it was a note that read,

dear old shadow,

i slept for the first time in years and dreamt of you. in my dream you told me that my heart isn’t empty. i believe the same is true of yours. good luck with the universe, whatever your part is in all of this. i do not think it is not the part of evil.

i will miss you always.

– s

she stepped back and adjusted the hat one last time before whistling for her owl and then returning home.

back on her porch, she lit a jack-o-lantern before going inside. in the front room, the curtain was pulled back and the window opened to let silver moonlight in. it shone on the petals of a white-red begonia, sitting in an old galarian vase.

she hit a button on a speaker next to it, letting terrible classic hits play into the night from a pirate radio station with a festive deejay.

“happy halloween, darkrai.”

with that, she descended into her laboratory and returned to work.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights