Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 13:43:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e was tired.

It felt like there were just too many festivities sometimes. Slateport was still celebrating the new year but it seemed like it had already been over half a month! He grumbled to himself a bit, feeling achy and weak. After his episode earlier he had thought about just going back home to Mossadeep. At the same time, the idea of trudging all the way back to his hotel seemed like an obstacle he wasn't sure he was able to overcome at the moment.

One of his pokemon had been sent off, his Slowking, to fetch the pokeball of his Machamp from his hotel. That way, when Aloe got back, his pokemon could just carry him. That certainly beat walking. As he waited, though, he was just a sickly looking man sitting on a bench by his lonesome. The perfect person to chat away with. Or maybe what some might mistake as the perfect target.

@fay
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 20:17:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This past week had taken a toll onto Fay. She made the mistake of trying to pick pocket a punk who was a lot stronger then her and well, she didn't come out of it unscathed. Though her injuries weren't the worst. Fay neglects to take care of them she would lazily wrap around recycled dirty bandages believing it would be good enough. Her mood was rather fowl it didn't help that she hasn't managed to eat anything within the past day or so. Fay somehow managed to make it to Slateport Park. Though she did not know the name of the location she had been at she was able to tell that it had been a park.
[break]

Managing to spot out an older male sitting by himself. Fay thought of it as a chance. She stayed hidden behind a tree, Fay was certain that no one should be able to see her. Though she could be wrong about that all she could do was hope. The last thing she wanted was to have another scuffle in her weakened state. From observation Fay could tell that the other man seemed to also be somewhat frail or sickly. He really was a perfect chance and Fay did not want to mess it up. Normally she would come up with a well developed scheme, but seeing that the man looked like he wouldn't put up a fight. Fay decided it would just be best to snatch his wallet and run. Of course, it was easier said then being done.

[break]

The first step, was to approach him. Fay settled to approach him from behind and slowly as well as very quietly crept towards man who seemed oblivious to Fay at the time. Though her plan would quickly fail Fay managed to step on a twig, causing it to make a very loud snapping sound. 'i'm screwed.

Was her only thought.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 20:36:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh, but if only Chu-e were really a good target.

He may have been tired but Chu-e was also alert. Even before the twig snapping, he knew the girl was creeping up on him. It wasn't because she was bad or for lack of trying; he had just spent most of his life around petty thieves and desperate people who did desperate things. If anything, he might have been able to teach her a few tricks to keep incidents from what happened to her earlier in the week from happening.

"Join a guy for a sit for a while?" He called over his shoulder, yawning loudly, patting the bench as he did. One thing Chu-e was not, at least not anymore, was one prone to anger. @far wouldn't have to worry about repercussions for her failed attempt at thievery, at least for now.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 20:13:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.derrick]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1979e6;[/newclass]

[attr="class","derrick"]

She had been prepared to run. Hoping that the man would think it was just a kid playing behind them. Though his words caught her off guard, Fay wasn't expecting an invitation. Narrowing her eyes, Fay questioned his motives. Not understanding why he would suddenly invite her to sit down. She began to wrap her head around the possibilities. In the end she gave up, walking towards the bench the man had sat at. She didn't sit down. Fay stood a few feet from the man's right. Still being cautious. 
[break][break]
She found it strange. The unnerving calmness the older man displayed. She found it very strange and viewed it as a threat. Fay figured that the man knew that she had been approaching before she even made her mistake. So why wasn't he angry? Finally breaking her silence, she looked his way but didn't meet eye contact. Instead her gaze fell to the floor. ".... What.." Was the only word she uttered under a annoyed whisper.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.derrick b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 7:03:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
@fay reminds Chu-e of a young deer at a berry bush. Wanting to come closer from curiosity or need yet still ready to run at the softest crunch of leaves. For once, he thinks he might need to have a little more tact than he normally likes to bother with. This girl seems young, after all, and he knew what it was like to be in her shoes. It wasn't fun.

"Just bored and lonely." Was all Chu-e answered with, after allowing the girl to build her grit back up. He didn't push her sit with him again, figuring she would do it in time when she was ready. Turning his head away, he let his gaze sweep over the dark sky, the last blush of the day fading quickly to reveal the night sky. "I think the fireworks will be starting soon. Do you think this will be a good spot to watch them?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 8:30:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Fay didn't say much when the man said he was just bored and lonely. She didn't have any interest in keeping him company and figured that he wouldn't give a care if she had just walked away. She was tempted to just leave, but her body wouldn't move. Why? Why did she have this feeling of wanting to stay and talk to this man. She had no ties, Fay didn't even know his name. Her fists clenched in frustration, deep down she knew why. She was just like him.
[break][break]
Bored, lonely, afraid, sad. Fay was just to much of a coward to admit that this was how she felt. She was to prideful, she believed that getting help was beneath her. She was exhausted of living the way she did, trying to steal from every trainer she spotted. It was pathetic, she was pathetic. The silence did not help Fay from fading into darker thoughts. It wasn't until the man mentioned something among the lines that she had eased up. 
[break][break]
Looking up at the darkened sky, the sounds of distant booms were heard. Only a moment later would a dazzling light of light take form in front of the two, fireworks. How long had it been since she's seen them? Probably a few years. Letting out a small gasp, Fay for the first time in ages smiled gently. completely taken in by the fireworks that had looked like a eevee, with many more to follow. 
[break][break]
Without thinking, Fay's body practically sat her self down next to the man. Her eyes glued to the fireworks show. "Wow.. they are so beautiful..." Fay said, believing that she was thinking it to herself. She began laughing, small tears rolling down her cheeks. "Really.. really  amazing." She didn't intend for her words to be heard, at the moment she completely forgot that the other man was next to her. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 17:02:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e was quiet again, eyes on the fireworks, careful and still. No sudden movements. After the girl sat down, after she whispered to herself words that he most likely wasn't meant to hear, Chu-e finally spoke up again.

"I'm Ji-Hoon." His false name flowed from his lips easier than his one real these days. "Runaway or abandoned?" He still kept his eyes away from her, on the sky, where a fresh 'boom!' revealed the face of a smiling Mudkip. "I won't try to convince you to go home, before you run off." He was quick to add; one of the worst things when he was a teenage runaway was people thinking they could help him by returning him to what he left behind.

@fay
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 3:11:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

She realized that she had been sitting by him, if he said the wrong thing she would quickly take off. She was already embarrassed by her actions. The last thing she wanted for the man to see was her crying. She quickly wiped away the tears that filled her eyes and glanced back at the dark sky. Not meeting eye contact. Fay was pleased at the sound of the mans name, it had a song like feel to it. Mellow and peaceful. "Fay.." She quietly mumbled. Pulling her legs up to the bench she wrapped her arms around her knees as she continued to watch the fireworks. Feeling annoyed at the mans question, she simply stay silent for the time being. The only sound coming from the fireworks. 

[break][break]
The girl let out a small sigh, "I have no home to go back to anyway." She muttered angrily. She knew she couldn't return, she decided to go down this dishonorable path. She didn't intend to complain about it - she was going to live it with out complaint, she was determined to. 

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 11:17:03 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Ah, yeah, been there... sucks ass." Groaning, Chu-e pushed himself to wobbly feet. They were sore and would no doubt be swollen, but, well, not like he could help it. "Want some grub? The corn dogs at that stall are pretty good."

Without even waiting on @fay, he started to make him way over to the stall in question. He was slow moving, sure, but he would still be able to get there unaided for now. "Come help me grab this stuff, kid! It'll weigh me down and break me." He laughed a bit at that, at his own feebleness.

The lines were long despite the late hour, families and couples still walking the streets and enjoying the festivities. Chu-e and Fay were the abnormalities, the ones on their own at such an event.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 1:09:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Fay perked up at the sound of food. Though she was to prideful to admit herself. Remaining silent, the sound of her stomach rumbling answered Ji-Hoons question. She quickly averted her eyes, clasping her hands against her stomach. A vain attempt to try and stop the noise. Sighing she also got up from the bench. 
[break][break]
Fay was curious to know why Ji-Hoon looked so frail, and carefully watched the way he walked. From his looks he looked to be young and found it strange. She figured that a terminal disease was the main cause of the mans frailness. As people began to gather Fay began to feel uncomfortable. She wasn't one to enjoy crowds. She inched closer towards Ji-Hoon completely oblivious that she had now been right besides him. With the slight bump from a lively child Fay found herself quickly clinging onto his arm. 
[break][break]
It took her a moment to realize what she had done, and just as quick as she held onto him for protection - she let go of his arm. A blush amounting a storm onto her small face. She hoped that he would pretend that didn't happen or being very optimistic, didn't notice it at all. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:20:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e didn't mind the closeness. He was alert, still wary of wandering hands that may try to find his wallet or pokeballs; yet, when it seemed more for comfort than for trickery, he was careful to step aside where he could, allow her room where he could grant it. His eyes did slide in her direction, quick, at the contact before he set his gaze back on the menu, pretending to read it. @fay's actions spoke a lot louder than her words ever could.

Thankfully for her, Chu-e's general anger at the world usually didn't carry over to kids, even the snottiest ones. He had been a kid like her once, knew the signs of broken trust and broken wings, too scared of the hand reaching out to take it; or, in his case, biting it for daring to think of getting close.

"I don't know what I want..." He muttered, raising a hand to his chin as if deep in thought. "What do you want? I'll just get what you get." Chu-e offered her the choice as well as something to focus on other than the crowd around them.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 10:13:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

She was glad that he seemed to not have noticed, or he pretended to not notice. Either way it saved Fay from the embarrassment. She remained near to Ji-Hoon, glancing at the menu with squinted eyes. She didn't really know what a corn dog was since she mainly just ate whatever she could find in forests or rivers. Taking a few moments to decide, she finally chose just a regular corn dog - figuring that they would all taste the same and it looked to be the cheapest option listed in the limited menu.  ".. That one.. please." She pointed at it's picture, her voice still being a hushed whisper.
[break][break]
She wasn't really expecting him to purchase her food, though if he did she would be happy. As they waited for the worker to make their order, her eyes went back towards the sky. Watching the fireworks bloom into life silently, she saw that they were mysterious. Fay of course knew what fireworks were, what she didn't understand was how people were able to produce different images - like pokemon. She was hesitant to ask Ji-Hoon, figuring that he'd think she was stupid of some sorts.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 10:25:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Of course Chu-e ordered what she wanted, plus an extra two of the same, with two large lemonades to go with it. When it came time to pay, he handed over the cash and told them to keep the change; he had more than enough to do him. Handing the girl her drink and food, he quietly led them over to one of the picnic tables; there weren't as many people sitting here right now, since part of the sky was blocked. Chu-e, of course, took the seat where he couldn't see the fireworks so that @fay could have the seat where you could.

Humming, he got a big drink of his lemonade and then took a small bite of his food. After a moment, he placed his corn dog down and frowned. "I got too much food. I can't eat this all." And without even asking, he reached over to place the second, untouched corn-dog he had gotten for 'himself' into her reach. "Ever since I got sick, I always forget how little I can eat... but I hate wasting food." He said, as way of explanation, as if he was totally innocent and hadn't planned to give the second corn-dog to her anyway. That way, she could have more food than just one order.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 6:26:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Fay blinked when Ji-Hoon practically shoved the food into her arms. After a brief moment of fumbling with the food so she would be able to carry it easier Fay quickly trailed after Ji-Hoon. Not having much to say she also sat at the opposite side of the picnic table, noticing that Ji-Hoon was more considerate then she made him out to be, he did give her the seat where fireworks would be visible. Fays eyes were glued to the food, her mouth unintentionally drooling. Fay quickly realized, and in a flash she wiped off the drool with the sleeve of her shirt. 

[break]
Her gaze flickered to the plate the corn dog rested on, still unsure if she should dig in or not. Finally deciding, to just go for it. She took a good sized bite of the corn dog. Her eyes lit up from the delight of the bite, never really having to eat a corndog before - it was an new taste very different compared to berries. She was surprised by Ji-Hoons, sudden comment nervously glancing over to see what he was saying. Fay quickly saw through him, knowing that he had purchased extra just for her.. She felt touched by his kindness, it had been a while since someone was this nice to her. 
[break] 
"Thanks.... " Ji-Hoon..Smiling slightly, she took a sip from her drink and continued to slowly eat away at the corndog. Her eyes glanced towards the moving bushes, and that's when she suddenly remembered about Prim. Fay's Nickit leaped from the nearby bushes easily sticking the landing on the table Fay and Ji-Hoon sat at.
[break]
Fay was a little startled by Prims eagerness, the nickits eyes were glued onto the corndog that Fay held in her hands. Didn't even look to acknowledge the stranger that she had been sitting with. Fay let out a sigh, tearing off a small piece of the corndog and gave it to Prim, who had been more then happy with just the small amount. The nickit sat himself down at the opposite edge of the picnic table closer to Fay and munched away. Fay hoped that Ji-Hoon wouldn't mind if she shared some of the corndog with her pokemon..

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
just another wonder
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 13:51:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e just nodded to @fay as a way to accept her thanks. He did raise a brow when the pokemon hoped up on the table. However, he just took one, last, small bite of his own corn-dog before offering the rest of it to the dark type. "Cute." He muttered, raising up a hand for the pokemon to sniff is it so desired- and to maybe give some ear scratches.

"I've never seen one of these guys before. I think I used to have what it evolved into... but I gave him to someone who could use him better than me." That someone being . Chu-e rest an elbow on the table, using it to prop his cheek up with his fist. Idly, if the pokemon didn't seem like it would bite, he would try to lightly poke Prim on the nose.

"He had wandered onto my land. I think he was trying to court my Ninetails. When I called Gloss out after I caught him, he seemed really disappointed." Which was an amusing thought. While his Alolan Ninetails was beautiful and would have made a fine mate, Gloss was a male.

It was nice to make easy small talk.