troublesome tinctures [bb/m][open]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 2:32:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@rocket
MISSION: SWEPT UNDER THE RUG

THURSDAY 9:43 PM /

UNIV. OF SLATEPORT MEDICAL RESEARCH OFFICES
4388 W PETAYA CT, STE 12, SLATEPORT

she’d never been there before. it was a large part of the reason she’d decided to take the assignment, instead of passing it down and staying holed up in the lab. a new team rocket recruit, who was also a recent graduate working within the university’s medical research department—had found themselves in a bit of a jam.

unauthorized and after hours, they had snuck in to conduct some elixir-related experiments on some new state-of-the-art equipment, and had gotten held up by another quiet student who had not yet left the office. the do-gooder had been threatening to call authorities just as they arrived to de-escalate and save their colleague, and hopefully avoid a further mess. someone would need to talk to them about keeping their nefarious business to rocket's laboratories.

“i don’t want any violence. i’ll take care of the student, but if they have pokemon, i’ll need you to hold them off.” she looked to her partner, who she’d recruited from the sparse evening halls of the submarine on her way out. “do your best not to damage anything. that means no fire.” it was, sadly, something that she felt needed to be stated. not all tools in rocket’s arsenal were so sharp. “ready?”

the butt of her cigarette sizzled in fallen rain. they would go through the front door with the help of her klefki, which held a fitting key their new recruit had turned in. lulu's footsteps would be calm and well-paced, boots clicking on the sterile linoleum floor towards the sound of an argument.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 19:55:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Of course, ma'am," came the soft voice of Jillian Hernandez in response. She knew how to play nice with authority. Next to Lulu, the woman seemed slight, dainty, as if she'd melt away if she stepped out into the thickening rain. It had been a while since Jillian had been on a mission for Team Rocket. Most of the aggressive, violent missions were not for her - she didn't necessarily condemn fighting, but she hated getting her hands dirty. Washing bloodstains out of clothing was always a pain.[break][break]

Now, this particular mission? Diplomacy. She was good at stuff like that. Jillian didn't claim to have many skills, but she did know how to wrap people around her little finger. Weasel her way out of blame. It was how she'd escaped Johto after being accused of tax fraud, anyway. For the occasion, she'd chosen her most unassuming outfit possible: a long-sleeved purple dress, her hair done in gentle braids with flower pins. Standing next to her brooding, battle-hardened superior, Jillian definitely fit the role of "good cop". The woman checked her watch, noting the hour: 9:44 PM. It was time.[break][break]

"After you," Jillian said with a tight-lipped smile, feeling for Pollux and Phi's Pokéballs in the pockets of her dress. She followed Lulu, chancing a glance around at their surroundings - no people at the moment. Good. She pretended to fiddle with her nails nonchalantly as the Klefki worked the lock; within seconds, they were inside the building, striding through the long halls of the research department. Out of all the doors in the corridor, only one seemed to conceal activity. Pale fluorescent light and frustrated voices seeped out from the gap at the bottom of the door. Their destination.[break][break]

Jillian stopped by the door, looking at Lulu. She palmed Phi's Pokéball, ready to summon the Psychic-type if need be. "On your cue."[break][break]
[break][break]

+ tagged for

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,330 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 4:56:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@jillian

“prefer it if you didn’t call me that.” she hadn’t thought about it before it had slipped out of her mouth. she looked at the woman. she was small and puppy-eyed, but well around her age. it was still an unfamiliar thing to hear. she took a breath, assessing.

it was questionable whether or not lulu would ever fully grasp a role of authority. it wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities, and it was very early in the game to call, but it was certainly a concern to be had. she was good at barking orders during missions, but on the sub, the shift in respect had put her on personally uncharted territory, and it was already apparent to several who worked with her daily. lulu had never even worked fast-food, let alone managed anyone. her whole working career, it seemed like she’d been a ride-along to chaos, trying to keep up, and trying to keep to herself.

money changes things, sometimes. “unless it’s duly in front of others, i guess.” she finally added, after just a moment.

lulu nodded, and they entered the room—casually. her lunatone followed them. the new scientist who had alerted them had already managed to detain the other student. not having a pokemon of their own, they’d used cords from various machines to secure the man to a chair. an impressive feat, which lulu noted, but didn’t mention.

before she could say anything, however, another student, who had previously been hiding and unsure of what to do decided to pop through the door to the rescue, backed up by an ivysaur and a phone. he held it threateningly. “STOP! i’ll call the cops!”

lulu lunged and plucked it out of his hand with a vicious quickness that came out of nowhere. “no, you won't.” she then looked at jillian and gestured with her chin. the cue. entrusting her with the situation, she walked past her to be updated on the situation by the wild-haired grunt in the white coat.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 21:31:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The two women slipped into the room, Jillian's eyes narrowing as they adjusted to the harsh lighting of the lab. There was a poor soul tied up in a chair in the back - a haphazard job of chords and wires, but creative, nonetheless. Her gray eyes flicked to the other student who had popped out from behind a supply closet, brandishing a phone as if it were a gun. A grin spread across Jillian's face a Lulu's subtle cue.[break][break]

"You should have called before, sweetheart," crooned Jillian, stepping forward. She clicked the center of a Pokéball til it grew to full-size in her hand. She could see the look of confusion in the student's eyes - he was scared shitless when Lulu approached him, but now with Jillian, he eyed her warily, sizing her up. His Ivysaur stepped in front of him, growling fiercely, about as intimidating as a pissed-off Shih Tzu. In response, Jillian clicked the button and sent out her Meowstic. The small, feline-like Pokémon materialized on the tiled floor, locking eyes with the opposing Pokémon.[break][break]

Jillian pulled a stool out from under a nearby lab table and took a seat. "Here's what you're going to do," she said casually, folding her hands over her knees. As she spoke, Phi, the Meowstic, slowly lifted her ears, revealing two strange-looking eyes beneath the appendages. They began to glow and warp with psychic energy. "You're going to sit nicely in that cabinet until we're done, and then you're going to forget this ever happened." Phi's ears trembled as the energy she harnessed grew stronger. Jillian smiled at the student. "Capiche?"

[break][break]He opened his mouth to say something - but Phi was faster, unleashing a Psychic on the brave Ivysaur. She raised it off the ground, as the Grass-type squealed in pain, its eyes rolling up as Phi's attack dug into the folds of its brain. No doubt the attack had been super-effective. The Meowstic flung the Ivysaur into the student's torso, causing the young man to stumble back into the shelves of the supply cabinet. Jillian hopped to her feet. "Now, not a peep, OK?" she said, raising a finger to her lips and smiling down at the student. He stared up at her, nursing his fainted Ivysaur in his arms. Jillian shut the door and slid a stool against it, propping up the handle and thus locking it in place.[break][break]

He wasn't going anywhere.[break][break]

Phi hopped onto her shoulder. Trainer and Pokémon, they resembled each other in unnerving ways. She strode over to Lulu's side, her hands folded behind her back. "Outlier taken care of, for now," she said, motioning her head in direction of the locked supply cabinet. Her eyes flicked between the Grunt that had called them and the man restrained in the chair. "What's your call?" she asked her superior, looking at Lulu with a thoughtful expression. Jillian lifted another Pokéball, this one blue with red markings. Pollux, her Altaria. "I can put them to sleep, if need be."
[break][break]

+ tagged for . phi used psychic on enemy ivysaur!

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,330 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 2:28:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

@jillian

she took notice of jillian’s impressive handling of the situation off to her side, but most of her focus remained on the other students. since they were already all here, she’d intended on making recruits out of them to salvage the situation, if possible. “—and what are you doing any of this for, really, if it’s not for money?” she’d ask. it didn’t reflect how she felt. she was wearing evil ethics like a piece of clothing.

at the clatter of the man hitting the shelves of the supply closet, lulu turned her head sharply. careful. there was a sort of growl in her voice. any damage to the lab would be result in some sort of investigation, which was best avoided.

the first student whipped his head about. “i don't think you understand. you couldn't pay me enough. this isn’t right. it’s unstable. it’s dangerous.”

“all the more reason to study it.” it was a statement she did stand behind.

she looked over at jillian. “do the same to him. this isn’t going anywhere. then put them both to sleep. i'll be back.”

with that, she left the room, steps deliberate as she went to locate and clear the surveillance she’d be alerted of.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 1:24:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Jillian watched the situation unfold quietly, her bright grey eyes switching between Lulu and the tied-up student. A thought flitted across her mind - what were they studying that was so dangerous? Jillian had made it a habit to not ask many questions. You asked questions, you got answers, then you got roped into unpleasant shit. That was how stuff worked in these sorts of organizations. If ignorance was bliss, then deliberate ignorance was a survival method. She was in this whole Rocket stuff just for the money.[break][break]

And to let off the stress from working customer service during the day, too.[break][break]

Nevertheless... what were they studying? The question hung around her brain and bothered it more than it should have. She gave a curt nod at Lulu's request, eyes lingering on the woman's back as she left the room. Being left alone with the student might have made some wet-behind-the-ears Rocket grunts nervous, but Jillian reveled in it. Without her superior's presence, she didn't have to hide her mean streak anymore.[break][break]

Jillian crossed her arms, looking the first student right in the eyes. "Not the kind of extra-curricular work you were expecting, huh?" she said in a sad little voice to the young man.[break][break]

He ignored her mocking and switched gears immediately. The student strained against the wires binding him to the chair and frowned at Jillian. "Look, lady, this is- this is messed up. Like, seriously messed up." He licked his cracked, dry lips. "But if you let me go - well, we'll figure it out. I'm sure there's... there's a reason to all of this. It's just a misunderstanding, yeah?" Jillian nodded, feigning interest, goading him on. A flicker of hope gleamed in the young man's eyes.[break][break]

"It's all a misunderstanding. Of course,"
said Jillian, stepping closer. Phi still balanced on her shoulder, eying the student like a cat watching a moth hit a lamp. The young man nodded vigorously. "Yeah, a misunderstanding. It's all cool. We'll work it out."[break][break]

"Right," said Jillian. "Phi, Psybeam."[break][break]

The Meowstic diligently lifted her ears once again. Two beams of energy shot out from her eyes and connected with the student's forehead. Instantly, the man groaned in pain, writhing. His eyes rolled up into his skull and he shivered. Jillian quickly jostled Phi with a jerk of her shoulder. "Don't overdo it! We don't want to fry his brain," she snapped. The Meowstic quickly dropped the attack.[break][break]

The student was conscious, but fairly dazed. He slumped over, a thin line of blood seeping from his nose. Jillian quickly undid the knots keeping him tied to the chair. With help of the other Rocket grunt, who seemed to finally regain his marbles - he'd been sitting quietly in the corner since she and Lulu had showed up - they dragged the man over to the supply closet. "Grab me some of those wires," barked Jillian, shooing the grunt away. As she undid the makeshift lock from the closet door, she summoned her Altaria.[break][break]

Pollux materialized on the tile floor. He seemed unfazed by his surroundings and quickly got to what mattered the most: preening his wings.

[break][break]Jill opened the door, peering in at her first hostage - who still clutched his fainted Ivysaur like a teddy bear. "Got you some company," she said with a smile. Together with the Rocket scientist, she tied up the two students' hands and feet and shoved them into the tiny supply closet. Two pairs of eyes stared up at her, nervous and afraid.[break][break]

"Pollux, sing, please." Jillian waved her hand and the Altaria waddled up to the closet, slightly irritated that she'd interrupted his preening session for this. He began to sway side to side, letting out sad, warbling notes. Jillian stepped back, hands over her ears. "You might want to be careful," she said to the Rocket scientist next to her, who quickly imitated her pose.[break][break]

By the time the blue bird was through with his mournful song, the two students were fast asleep. Shutting the door and jamming it with the stool was simple enough. Jillian gave her Altaria a loving pat on the head. "You sit here. Make sure they don't wake up," she said to the Rocket scientist, barely looking at him as she exited the room, her two Pokémon in tow. At the door, Jillian looked back, a finger to her lips. "Not a peep."[break][break]

With that problem resolved, she shut off the room lights and stepped out into the dark corridor. She didn't intend on wandering too far, just far enough to see what Lulu was up to. Phi balanced on her shoulder; Pollux flew after them, silent on his cotton wings.

[break][break]Jillian strode to the end of the corridor, where it meet, perpendicularly, a larger hallway with stairs at both ends. The grunt watched both sides carefully, listening for any sounds of Lulu. A sharp shout from the western side made her jump back into the shadows - it seemed like angry, quarreling human voices. Did it come from the stairwell? From another room? Jillian held her breath, waiting for any indication that the noise meant trouble.

[break][break]

+ tagged for . jill watches from the shadows...

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,330 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 10:00:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@jillian

Having found the computer, Lulu quickly deleted what surveillance already existed. She also took the opportunity to take down the computer’s IP address on a notepad she kept in the breast pocket of her coat.

When voices could be heard, she looked at the camera screens herself, locating a heated debate happening in the stairwell. They were ascending from a basement laboratory, headed for the hallway and towards the room where she’d left Jillian and the other grunt. She cursed to herself, and raised out of the seat.

Pokeballs containing two Magneton were produced from a hidden pocket of her coat. When she released them, their THUNDER WAVES created a surge of light in what little was still on in the building, and then everything went dark except for what little light came in from the windows. A lack of power meant the cameras didn’t work. The Magneton were returned.

The students rounded the corner, confused, just as she stepped out into the moonlit hall. She kept her back turned so they couldn’t see her face, and her gait calm as she headed in the other direction. Her boots clicked with a careful rhythm. The couple of students would likely only note a woman walking through the halls, perhaps leaving due to the black-out, and minding her own business. Regardless, she aired on the side of caution.PSYSHOCK.”

The Lunatone following her turned towards them, its eyes glowing bright red as crescents of white energy spun in a hypnotic circle. They lost sight of her, seeing white as their ears rang loudly, and their memory retention melted away.

Lulu was vigilant. Catching the small shadow of Jillian on the linoleum, she spoke coolly as she passed by, eyes ahead. “Come on.”

When they passed by the room which held the other two students and one of their own, she slipped in to assess the handling of the situation. The grunt nodded towards the closet, and Lulu opened the door. “Untie them. I don’t want to leave any evidence of a hostile situation here. We have to maintain the security of our connections.” She went to work on one of them.