6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 16:47:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
an array of stalls made the otherwise dark and gloomy mt. pyre lively for once. just before one reaches the peak, a festival is being held to celebrate the coming of a new year under the pretense of some superstition about warding of evil spirits. kyle doesn't know the specifics however, since he wasn't superstitious himself.

kyle adorns a kimono to fit in with the theme. surprisingly enough, he knows how to partner it with wooden sandals, which are just appropriate for the attire.

"...would've been better if this wasn't held up high in the mountain," he continues to whine in a previous casual conversation with mateo, who he had invited to experience the traditions of hoenn with him. "guess they didn't want this on slate--"

the sentence is interrupted when kyle sees smoke rising at the end of the festival grounds, where the temple was supposed to be. the noise of the stray firework that caused the fire was drowned by the festivities. kyle assumes himself to be the first to notice it as he points a finger towards it.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 18:06:49 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]donning a fitted attire for the festival, he was draped in a jinbei embroidered with the design of a gyarados upon the front. wooden clogs reverberated as mateo merrily jumped from one foot onto the next. eating fried magikarp's on a stick; several were to be seen in his right hand while one in the other, currently being shoved into mouth.

as he was ahead of kyle. mateo had nothing to say against their steep climb. this was natural for him considering the constant exercise. "mm?" he questionably uttered upon taking notice of kyle's sudden silence. turning to face his friend, he'd ask with a mouthful, "was'rong?" he asked in a muffled manner.

turning toward the direction he was pointing. he'd drop all of his fried magikarp's on a stick, shocked by the scene. "what the hell happened!?" mateo would shout. palms practically ready to pull his hair out. "we need to get up there!"

MODERATOR NOTE: already completed this mission! so reward only for this.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 18:46:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was in the process of tying a sash on the sleeves of his kimono when mateo notices it. it was sloppy, but practicality goes before aesthetic this time. as soon as he's done, he takes out his phone and barks an order at the local security in charge for the festival on the other end.

"put a halt on the festival. send people soon. i'm taking preliminary action." he lets go of his phone afterwards, which floats beside him thanks to the rotom inhabiting it, before turning to mateo. "let's go then!"

he starts to weave through the crowds in the festival forcibly, with most of the people enjoying their time and unable to comprehend the situation they would be facing. he'd rather have it that way, as interference from hoenn's rather heroically inclined people tend to clash their nonexistent plans with the protocol.

the pain of walking with wooden sandals starts to be apparent as he forces himself to walk faster with it. he starts to wonder how mateo got used to wearing these kinds of apparel before.

"did you bring any water-types?" kyle asks as he goes, expecting mateo to be near him. "cause i definitely did not."

as they approach, kyle sees that no other people are nearby the temple. he figures that the perpetrators must have tried to run away. he'd still want to check inside to be safe, however.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 19:36:09 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]trailing behind . with a stick in his mouth he'd respond, "always!" finishing his meal, he'd spit it out. "i'm takin' lead, gyarados let's go!" reaching into his top's open slit, he'd call out his trusted water-type. before he was to send his water-type out, he'd pause. "gyarados, we need to contain the fire. try to keep it from spreading!"

with its order given, he'd look to kyle. "can't you send in arcanine to check?" it should have the ability to travel through fire without worry. "we can worry about the perps after!"

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 9:44:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i have a houndoom right now," he tells mateo. "that's close enough, right?"

he fully expected ghost-types to be the one causing trouble than a fire, but at least his houndoom was applicable for both scenarios. he takes his pokemon out of its ball as soon as they reach the lesser crowded area

"i'm going in." he tells mateo as he lets his houndoom lead the way inside. he stops just before he enters the temple, turning to mateo with a quick reminder. "you better follow after you've put out the flames from outside."

he's going to regret wearing his kimono for the day, with how much it costed him. he grumbles as he laments on his life choices that led him to the path of public service.

"let's go." with his houndoom, he enters the burning building.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:23:22 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"what!?"

was he insane? normally he was the one dove into risky situations. he could at least wait for the fire to be snuffed out. "when the hell did he start diving headfirst into things?" he questioned. turning to gyarados, he would order for the water-type to remain here until the flames were dowsed. assisting others who would aid in snuffing the flames.

"let's go, garchomp!" a ground-type would be just what he need. especially with his pokemon's earthy skin. "we're comin' in, wait up!" and thus did he join the reckless fray.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 14:33:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he pulls the collar of his kimono over his nose to protect him from inhaling smoke. he goes through a spiraling staircase of the three-story tall temple with his houndoom leading the way. as they reach the top, kyle finds no person. a bark form his houndoom confirms so.

"we're clear!" he yells mateo behind him. "no person in here."

he stops though, and takes a look at the topmost floor. he wonders what was the point of a temple having an empty room, until he sees an altar of sorts on one corner. an artifact lies on a cushion on top of it, wherein kyle notes similarities with the bells he'd use on johto's brass tower.

"im taking that. it looks important." for a moment, he ignores the flames and goes for it, grabbing it.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 19:53:37 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]while kyle led the charge. mateo would come to stop to find a shrine priestess unconcious in the other room. "i found someone!" he'd let out a slight cough. grabbing hold of the woman, he'd drag her out.

"good job, garchomp." he'd look to see if kyle had returned yet. "oi, hurry up and get out of there, kyle!" mateo would call out to him. was he struggling to get someone out? did he need to go back in? for now he wasn't sure. even so, mateo had enough faith in his partner that he would find a way out.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 19:17:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as kyle exits the temple, voices of people muttering to one another from the outside start to mingle between the cackling of the flames inside. backup had arrived, although the preliminary check of the building has already been carried out by both kyle and mateo. he makes a mental note to talk to the one in charge to make it clear.

"i'm just wearing a shirt next time," he grumbled as he stares at this soot blackened kimono. "i wanna head back home now."

he stares ahead and watches the rest of the festival die down after the chaos. a lot of people crowd the burning temple as curiosity gets the most of them, while he sees other vendors close down for the day too early.

"wait, are they closing the stalls?" his voice was laced with disappointment, before he shrugs and returns to his usual deadpan tone. "guess that means we head back home."

they'd still need to brief the security in charge of what had happened though.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 20:55:22 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]after his recklessness mateo would run into hug his friend. a hand placed around the brunette's head and an arm tightly around his back. with all his muscle mateo would bring the guy in. "can you leave the reckless shit to me, you idjit!" that was dangerous, way to dangerous even for him.

"seriously, you could've gotten yourself killed!" he wasn't gonna let him hear the end of it. no way was kyle gonna get off the hook with this one. for now, they would head out to alert those in charge of what occurred. all while mateo would continue barking at kyle with his words.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
temple [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 4:49:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: