siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
toxic, that's me [m/bb] [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 1:24:38 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

Panic. Unrest. A valuable lesson was learned that day; never dump toxic waste out on the ocean if it's heavily modified, otherwise, who cares. Alek eyed the purple sludge through the nearby observatory. It couldn't be that bad, right? Wrong. "The toxin's half-life was far longer than expected..." He mumbled, his panic eased for a split second only to marvel at his work. "Impressive. But still..." From a small beaker's worth, the toxin now dispersed up to as much as a barrel's worth. Should he do nothing about it, it could easily compromise their location for catching eyes and even bring upon the potential to corrode their hull.

He stood beside the observatory, eyeing the airlock hatch provided within the wing for scientists to use with their marine related projects. He had to take care of it. But first, if he did wish to clean things up like nothing ever did happen, he had to find a willing accomplice -er helper. Someone other than those of much higher rank, of course; God forbid they find out what he did.

"Hey there, uh, friend." He grimaced, struggling to recall a name as he picked upon the nearest individual he could vaguely recognize. Alek took his beaked mask off for proper courtesy, but just this once; he truly needed his trust. "You're a man of science yes? I've seen you around. Could I ask a tiiiiiiiiiny favor? Just a little thing, yeah?" He smiled. "Brilliant minds should work together, no? I just got this small problem with my work. Just a teensy tiny problem."

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Novak
He, him
May 14
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Rocket researcher
Grunt
Single
36 height
36 height
There's always another secret.
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @novak
Novak Manchester
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 2:21:07 GMT
Novak Manchester Avatar

Novak wandered aimlessly through the Rocket sub, with Cedar sitting on his head, motionless as ever. It was an odd sight, but no more than many of the other Rockets.

"The toxin's half-life was far longer than expected," muttered the man who he was walking past, and he immediately froze.

Toxin? What toxin? His curiosity was peaked.

He backtracked and surreptitiously glanced at the person who had spoken, and-- well. Novak recognized that guy. It was hard not to, with that distinctive mask. Though, after all, Novak was walking around with an eerily still Natu on his head, so he wasn't really one to make judgments. The mask that was quickly coming off, now, as the guy turned to Novak, a sort of grimace on his face as he began to speak.

Novak tried not to laugh as... what was his name? Alex, or something? began to try and get him to try and help him with... something. Huh.

"I'll see if I can help," said Novak. "Though you're saying a lot of words and not getting to the point. Could it have something to do with the toxin you mentioned earlier?"

He leaned over to look out into the water.

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 14:18:30 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"Well, no-" He said. However, taking notice of Novak's gaze, Alek quickly retracted his previous statement. "-Yes, just a slight problem..." Alek turned to face the observation deck, pointing discreetly towards the thick purple hue plaguing their view.

"An unexpected reaction to saltwater." He explained. "It got out there... somehow. Though what's important here is that it's dispersing at such a high rate. By the looks of it, it'll expand up to 10 cubic meters, approximately, before it even starts to dissipate."

"So yes, I think I do need help with containing and cleaning things up before it starts to get out of hand." He grimaced. "Ah, and the initial substance was sampled from a grimer, modified and experimented on. So it is a tad bit toxic, most definitely."

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Novak
He, him
May 14
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Rocket researcher
Grunt
Single
36 height
36 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @novak
Novak Manchester
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 4:03:49 GMT
Novak Manchester Avatar

Huh. This was really weird. A strange toxin that somehow expanded in saltwater? That was new.

And Novak did a double-take when he heard that the toxin was extracted from a Grimer. Sure, the guy said that he'd experimented with it and modified it, but this strange expansion was certainly not a property common to natural toxins from the Grimer line at all. When exposed to water, Grimer and Muk tended to seem mostly unaffected, whether that water was salty or not. Castor, Novak's own Muk, had been hit by a Brine from a wild Pokemon once and simply shrugged it off.

If all Grimer and Muk behaved like... whatever this was, there was the possibility of enormous members of their species, multiple times the maximum recorded size.

"Wow. That's interesting," Novak said, not bothering to hide his curiosity. "I think I can help with this, though. Or, well, my Pokemon can..."

He released two Pokemon a second later, the Shedinja and Haunter materializing in the sub. The Haunter looked at , tongue lolling out of his mouth.

"Foxglove, no," said Novak sharply, forestalling whatever it was the mischievous ghost was about to do. "I've got a job for you two. We're on cleanup duty.

"Iris, you stay inside. See if you can move the toxins using Poltergeist."

Iris floated motionless above the ground, barely reacting to anything at all. It was hard to say if it had noticed Novak's command, until slowly but surely, the purple cloud started to drift through the water.

It was going slowly, but Novak thought it might work. While it happened, he asked Alek, "So, what exactly did you do to those toxins to make them expand like that? Or is that secret? Your experiment still not through yet?"

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 8:13:03 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"Ah" He sighed. "I'm very thankful." He nodded. Alek pressed on one of his pokeballs slung around his belt. With a flash of light came his grimer. "I'll have grimer reabsorb the sludge." The grimer squirmed as if to agree.

As it seemed, Novak was interested with his little side project. Seeing as they were both colleagues, he had thought that it wouldn't hurt to divulge little details here and there. "Quite frankly, I'm not sure." He admitted. "I was sure it was a dud. I'm trying to make a fast acting poison, one able to quickly spread on a person's system. I did some tinkering on grimer's sludge. Traces of muk and grimer sludge are known to grow and form new grimer overtime so I tried to fiddle and see how I could hasten the process without granting the sludge the sentience of a grimer during the process. The sea water must've served as a catalyst to produce the result."

He blabbered, hoping what he said was enough information for his fellow man of science.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Novak
He, him
May 14
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Rocket researcher
Grunt
Single
36 height
36 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @novak
Novak Manchester
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 16:18:24 GMT
Novak Manchester Avatar

"It's really no problem," said Novak, as Iris continued to slowly move the sludge.

Hoping to speed up the process a little, he waved at Foxglove. "Why don't you help out, Foxglove."

It wasn't really a question. The Haunter stuck his tongue out in a show of petty defiance, but phased through the wall of the submarine anyways, using his detached hands to help grab the sludge and move it. The pace picked up quickly with another Pokemon helping.

As the two Pokemon worked to move the sludge, Novak listened to Alek's explanation of his experiment. It really was fascinating, how the toxin had reacted. And if Alek's project worked well enough, that would be a tool that would be of great use to Rocket, Novak would assume.

He nodded. "That's truly a fascinating project. I wonder if the effects could be replicated with other toxins as well?" There were quite a few that he could think of that would have... interesting effects. Crobat venom could be used with this side effect as a powerful numbing agent, for medical uses or for incapacitating people in larger doses. Not to mention Toxicroak venom to knock people out, Seismitoad's venom suddenly becoming a much more useful paralytic agent, the newly discovered Poipole and Naganadel's powerful neurotoxins...

The possibilities were endless.

"I think that's a very interesting project," said Novak, turning to Alek, "and I'm very much interested in seeing where it goes. Would you be willing to let me join in, if you should ever attempt another trial?"

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 16:36:49 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

As Novak's pokemon did their task, Alek's grimer lie in wait beside him; ready to absorb every last bit of toxin there may be. Novak's suggestion gave Alek a similar train of thoughts, gaining more excitement for the future of this little side project of his.

"It would be a pleasure to have your assistance in this here small project of mine" He replied. "And I'm flattered by you praise, though as I've said, it is still a work in progress" He added.

The grimer undulated in anticipation for the incoming toxins that the two pokemon wrangled outside. "You get to feast once that's in" Alek assured the grimer which led to its excited growl.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Novak
He, him
May 14
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Rocket researcher
Grunt
Single
36 height
36 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @novak
Novak Manchester
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 17:24:28 GMT
Novak Manchester Avatar

"I do have a few poison types of my own," added Novak, in case he needed to make sure that he was worth Alek's time. Though, here he was doing a favor for him, so... "Including a Muk, and of course the Haunter you see here."

Speaking of which, the two of them had finally brought the sludge through the airlock and into the sub, depositing it right in front of Alek's Grimer. The little guy began to eat it up.

"Well," said Novak, pulling out a business card. It was pretty bare-bones, with only his name and his number, but it'd do the job until he found something better. "Now you know where to find me. I look forward to seeing where this goes."

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 17:52:42 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

The grimer fed and fed till there were none, not even a single speck of toxic sludge could be seen after the grimer had finished.

"I'll be sure to check in on you once I've started more on this project" He nodded. "And I too look forward to what we could manage." He added.

Alek recalled his grimer back to its ball, hoping its absorption of modified toxins would do nothing to the mon. "Thank you, again, for the help" Alek said. If not for Novak's pokemon them the situation would've most likely been much worse by then, he simply couldn't take him enough.

"I'll be going then." He turned. "If I'm ever needed, you'll see me at the lab, most likely. I look forward to our future collaborations." He waved his hand and went on his way.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Novak
He, him
May 14
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Rocket researcher
Grunt
Single
36 height
36 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @novak
Novak Manchester
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 20:31:39 GMT
Novak Manchester Avatar

"It was really no problem," asserted Novak. "Really, you should be thanking Foxglove and Iris. Though there's not much point thanking Iris. They hardly seem to react to... well, anything."

And then he said his thanks and left. Novak nodded politely, watching the man leave.

Yes, he was also excited for their future collaborations.

As Alek left, Novak turned around and began the walk to the labs.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:47:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: