3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Burn Down the House [BB, c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 18:52:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

First day in Hoenn and she was already on a fucking roll. The blonde watched with wide eyes and flames began to dance into the air after a rogue firework hissed off course and exploded on the Celebi shrine, surrounded by tall, regal trees. This was going to be a fucking mess, Eva already knew it. The screams of terrified citizens and worried onlookers added fuel to Eva’s own fire.

Eva extracted two pokeballs from her belt, one in each hand. A swift flick of the wrist released a Gallade and Machamp, her tow most trusted partners (well, her only partners but who cares). The two pokemon were used to adrenal clenching situations like that and waited eagerly for their orders. If fact, Eva couldn’t see a single person taking charge of this situation. The doctor jumped forward, inserting herself into the position, “Alright, people, I need some water-type pokemon soaking the base and area around this build, some flying-type to bring them up to the canopy to try and contain the spread,” Eva began pointing at people and barking orders whether they wanted to be involved or not. In her mind, if you were still sticking around, you had the responsibility to help. There were a few people who swallowed their fear and stepped up, inspired (maybe?) when someone picked up the leadership roll.

A few people stumbled out of the growing fire, coughing and clenching at their throats, “YOU!” Eva pointed towards @amber, “Gather the ones that need medical attention over there,” she pointed towards a small clearing far enough away from the fire, “Blade, Syah,” the two pokemon looked towards the trainer, a wild, smile lighting up her features, “We’re going in!” she pointed at the fire. The doctor seemed all too eager to jump into the flames.

@amber

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 1:05:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Celebi's a deity they worship here at Hoenn," Amber explained to her companions. One was a Petilil, waddling along beside her. The other was a Rillaboom, hulking along behind her and grunting at her words.

"They say she's a grass type, like you two," Amber continued. "They--"

And then everything went to shit. Amber watched in shocked silence as flame began licking up the bark of the tall trees and crumpled and blackened the smaller vegetation, and heard the screams of the people caught in the fire.

The yelling of someone, who had stepped up to be the leader in the moment, snapped Amber out of her shock. And then, suddenly, she remembered. This was what she was waiting for.

So why was she hesitating?

"Isadora! Go get people! Nino, Aromatherapy!"

The Rillaboom launched herself forward, scooping up people two at a time and hauling them away from danger. The Petilil began to concentrate and release an aroma that drifted through the trees, soothing the burns of any of those who would have been ravaged by the fire.

And then Amber saw the lady who had stepped up to take charge going into the fire herself, and watched as she went straight into the heart of it.

Respect filled Amber, and she went in after Isadora, another Pokeball in hand.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 4:20:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A few people had built up their courage, releasing various water-type pokemon to aid in the control of the fire. A Wartortle throttled the base of the shrine and the surrounding area with a powerful and steady Water Gun. The same trainer’s Blastoise was performing Rain Dance, clouds gathering above to temporarily summon a much-needed rainfall to quench the flames.

The heat grew more intense with every step she took towards the flames. The blonde was flanked by her two most trusted companions. The Gallade stepped closer, holding his arms forward to throw up a Protect. Syah, the Machamp, pressed in closer, sheltered behind the protective barrier.

Eva didn’t know what they were going to find. Hell, they could be wandering into this and find nothing. Eva’s worst fear was a pokemon or person left behind, choked by the black smoke of the burning wooden shrine.

Seeerrrrrr’ the weak coo of a Serperior drew their attention to the left. The serpentine grass-type as curled in a corner, flames licking at its delicate body. In the center of its coiled body was a small child, hidden from view until Eva and her companions were close enough to stir it from it’s fear, “Fuck, we gotta get them out of here! Blade, take the child, Teleport out, tend to it,” Eva knew what it meant to have Blade leave. He did too. But it wasn’t uncommon for them to put the safety of others before their own. Without hesitation, the Protect dropped, a rush of heat taking Eva’s breath away. She gasped for air, Syah catching her when she stumbled. Blade was gone in a white flash, the child held safely in his arms.

The 10 foot serpentine pokemon would pose a challenge. The heat from the fire was quickly draining the pokemon’s energy. Syah leaned forward, using her strong arms to lift the Serperior over her shoulders. Eva struggled to lift the lighter end of the pokemon. “We gotta get outta here,” she coughed, the deep groan of the weakening building added more pressure, threatening to collapse at any moment.

It’s beginning to rain! (1/5)!
The fire is 10% contained!

@amber

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 21:58:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Amber watched in disbelief as the woman she had followed into the fire attempted to help her Machamp lift a whole Serperior after her Gallade teleported away with a child in its arms. looked fit, but probably still not fit enough to easily carry such a massive Pokemon.

The suffocating heat of the fire around her made her release the Pokemon inside her next Pokeball. Six feet of yellow-green skin, with a bright orange flower, suddenly occupied the space next to Amber, and then the shiny Meganium crooned in distress.

"Come on, Marcus," said Amber, "I know you don't like fires. But look, people need your help. Let's get that Safeguard up."

She rubbed a spot behind his neck as he spoke, and Marcus lowed as a shimmering sort of barrier started to form. It didn't keep out all the heat and flame, but the Safeguard did help shield them from the worst of it, even as the fire slowly but surely began to weaken with the rain.

"Isadora!" said Amber, but the Rillaboom was already on it, bounding up to meet the doctor and her Pokemon as the Safeguard extended to them as well. She would attempt to relieve of her burden, taking the other end of the Serperior from her arms.

While all this happened, Nino's Aromatherapy would continue to soothe the burns of the Serperior, healing them and assuaging the pain they caused.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:28:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva hadn’t even noticed someone had followed them until the woman released a shiny grass-type amidst the flames. Eva looked over to them in surprise. And smiled as the stranger ordered her pokemon to put up a Safegaurd around them. The heat of the flames died down and it became manageable to start moving towards the entrance of the building. Eva stumbled under thew eight of the Serperior but she pressed on. There was no stopping her when the adrenaline kicked in. Regardless, she as grateful when the pokemon came to help, it meant they could move faster and she wasn’t going to keep them longer than they needed.

“Thank you,” she grunted between steps as the group began to move closer and closer to the entrance. Eva could see Blade, the Gallade standing at the doorway, watching anxiously as they made their way out of the building. He was able to quickly reunite the child with its grateful mother. They were crying and hugging each other a safe distance from the building.

Outside the building, more Rangers were starting to show up with their water-type pokemon to quench the flames and control the spread of the fire.

It’s raining even harder! (2/5)!
The fire is 35% contained!
@amber

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:39:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"No problem," said Amber, shrugging. She still felt like she herself should've been doing something. The older woman was helping the other two Pokemon carry the Serperior, and each of her Pokemon who were helping at the moment were doing something to help the victims of the fire. But she was just following them uselessly and issuing commands.

Either way, they watched outside as the rain began to intensify, more water hitting the open flames and fizzling into steam even as the fire began to die down. Marcus stared back at the building, and Isadora, once the Serperior was out of danger, followed.

"Round two?" asked Amber, directing the question not only to her two grass-types, but to as well. She was a good ally to have in this situation, clearly.

Her Pokemon didn't wait for their new company's response, though. Nino chirped from Amber's shoulder, and the other two of them nodded their affirmation.

"Round two," repeated Amber, dashing back into the shrine with her Pokemon hot on her heels, with only a quick backwards glance at Eva.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 23:02:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The group stumbled to a halt a safe distance from the burning building. Gently they laid down the Serperior. A Celebi priest rushed over, frantically examining the pokemon. It was obvious to tell it was his grass-type, “I thought I’d never see you again,” he cried, hugging the serpent’s neck.

”Blade, my medical pack,” the Gallade Teleported and returned quickly with a black medical bag with a bright red cross on it. Eva rummage through the contents before extracting the Burn Heal salve. She began to gently rub the soothing goo over the worst of the pokemon’s burns. Otherwise, the pokemon was stable and didn’t need her imeidate attention, “Make sure he’s well rehydrated,” she emphasized, turning back to watch the woman dash back towards the building. Eva’s lips twisted into a grin, looks like she met her match!

Blade and Syah were hot on Eva’s heels as they caught up with @amber. The Gallade stepped between them, raising his hands to cast a protect around the group as they entered the building once again.

Beneath the roar of the fire, a faint cough could be heard near the Celebi alter.

It continues to rain! (3/5)!
The fire is 65% contained!
1 more person remains in the building!
@amber

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:59:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Amber watched, taking in the information, as the woman applied some sort of gooey substance to the Serperior and informed the other woman to keep it hydrated. Good advice. Grass types needed all the water they could get, except for some exceptions such as Cacturne and Maractus. But after a fire like this one, even those would probably appreciate a drink or a soak.

The rain continued to batter down on the flaming shrine, quenching it bit by bit. But some parts of the structure had collapsed, weakened by the conflagration, and Amber heard someone cough from underneath a fallen wooden beam.

She rushed over to the Altar, where she saw an older man trapped by the weight of it on his chest.

"Ah, shit!" She rushed over to the beam, trying to lift it, but god, it was heavy.

Isadora and Marcus joined her, but it still wasn't enough. It didn't help that Marcus had no limbs to grasp it with.

Amber frantically looked back at . "Ma'am! We need your help here!"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:12:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva could hear the faint cough smothered by the roar of the fire. There as another person trapped in the building! Amber was the first to lay eyes on the elderly man. When Eva turned the corner she gasped, the alter had fallen right on top of him. The heavy stone was too much for the stranger and her pokemon, “Syah, Bulk Up and Strength. Get that off of him,” The Machamp stepped forward, a red aura bulking up her strength and focus. With a firm grip on the mantle, the Machamp was easily able to lift it off of the man, giving Amber and her pokemon plenty of room to drag the man out from underneath it.

Syah set the alter back down gently to no disturb the fragile building. She used two of her arms to scoop up the man. They would move quicker with her carrying him, “C’mon, let’s get out of here!” Eva encouraged @amber and her pokemon to follow Blade as he shielded the group with a Protect.

Eva gasped for breath when they reached the fresh air. Damn, that was exhilarating. Syah was quick to continue past them and deliver the man to the medics that had shown up to care for the wounded, “You did some great work back there, kid,” Eva slapped Amber on the shoulder, “Glad to have someone like you watchin’ my back. I’m Eva,” she introduced as Blade walked up with her medical pack, “Right. I’m gonna go check on the pokemon that were injured, come find me afterwards, I’ll buy you a well-earned drink,” she didn’t know if the girl was even old enough to drink but what the hell did it matter? Fighting fires and saving lives was a great excuse for a cold beer.

Eva turned and trotted off beside Blade, already rummaging through her pack for more of the Burn salve she used earlier.

It continues to rain! (4/5)!
Ranger have arrived! The fire is 100% contained!

@amber

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 3:21:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Thank Arceus, the older woman and her Machamp came in quickly enough to get the fallen beam off the man. Isadora and Marcus seemed to mimic her sigh of relief as the woman hoisted the old man, who was now unconscious, and told her to get out of there with her.

Amber followed the Gallade behind its protective barrier, escaping the burning shrine and taking deep gulps of air when she escaped. She watched the man go off to the medics, their heal bells beginning to chime and their life dews beginning to scatter.

A huge grin split her face.

She was knocked out of her thoughts by slapping her on the shoulder, complimenting her, and she felt like she was walking on clouds. "Thank you," she said in response.

She still couldn't believe she had had fun doing that. Being a paramedic would be everything she'd hoped it would be, and more, even if it was still unofficial.

"I'm Amber," said Amber, and then her smile froze on her face as the older woman suggested getting a drink afterwards.

She wasn't drinking age. She knew that. But she was also riding the high of excitement, and... could it really hurt that much?

"I look forward to it," she said. What Eva didn't know wouldn't hurt her, right? Plus, maybe she had known. After all, Amber didn't think she looked that much older than she really was.

But if she thought she would be able to ditch Amber when helping the injured, she was sorely mistaken.

"I'm coming," said Amber in a tone that she hoped brooked no argument. "Marcus knows Heal Pulse. He can help."

...Eva might find it difficult to get rid of Amber now.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:52:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@amber