awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 20:56:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Farewells are curt and to the point. Fernando Silph is not entertained.

Exiting the conference building leads them to the parking lot. During this time, he remains silent, offering her a ride in a tacit tone that expresses her compliance is request as an order.

The passenger door proves closest to their exits and he opens it, leaving it open for her to enter. A short walk around leaves him in the driver seat, push to start, and primed with a standard interface found in most electronic cars. The only difference is that a Porygon float in the background of the console.

In silence there is dwelling. Once they leave the impound, then he'll explode, he decides.

Unlike them, he has tact.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 21:19:35 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The idea of accepting a private interview and making it scandalous by delving further into what she said about is tempting, but Fernando is quick to assert that now isn’t the time and this wasn’t the place for such games. Despite being reluctant to agree with the councilman, Katherine does it all the same. He knows best, and she doesn’t want to get on his bad side more than she already did.

“I feel like smoking.”

She won’t address the elephant in the room, or rather, the car.

“Do you keep cigarettes in your car, Fernando?”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:09:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]In any other circumstance, he would’ve entertained her. ‘You smoke?’ Build some banter or just small talk. Anything to kill the deafening silence that buds from the shy hum of the A/C. But not today. She doesn’t deserve it.

There’s no need to manually steer. The electronic car is, for all intents and purposes, automatic. However, there is a sense of control that comes from feeling the leather handles underneath his fingers.

As they pull out of the parking lot, Fernando clicks the lid to the tunnel console. Without looking, he fishes his fingers through neatly folded paper until he can feel the carton fit into his palm. He extends it as his foot applies more pressure on the gas pedal.

Their acceleration matches his mood; careless and erratic.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 4:27:27 GMT

The dead air irks her in ways she cannot explain. Fernando usually happened to be blunt and direct with her, and so, now that he’s giving her the silent treatment, Katherine can’t help but feel strange.

Heaving a sigh, she pulls a lone cigarette out of the pack and already finds comfort once it’s fitted between her digits. She almost forgets about lighting it up, but once she does, it’s delivered to her lips before a deep inhale is drawn.

She’s subjected to a hushed trip where animosity almost surrounds them. Katherine wouldn’t even be surprised if their car was to crush now.

"Well," She eventually speaks up again, once they've reached their destination, "Are you gonna say something now?"

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 4:58:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

They reach their destination but that doesn't pull them into a stop. If anything, it only encourages him to loop around the airport terminal's drop-off point. The lack of traffic gives him an opportunity to floor it and he takes the turn sharp enough to punish anyone foolish enough to ignore their seatbelt.

Only when the tires croon under the friction does he come to an abrupt stop, uncaring that they're in the middle of an empty road.

"What the fuck was that Fairburne?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:17:35 GMT

“..What?”

She knows what it is that he’s referencing, but naturally, she sees less issue with her actions. She remains silent while the car skids across the road, surprise failing to capture her features.

“I gave them what they needed, and that bitch got what she deserved.”

Throwing Selena to the wolves was as easy as it looked. All it took was for Katherine to blow up, and the press conference took a different turn. Accusations of racism mattered little to her, for they weren’t relevant or true. She hated people for who they were and the actions they took, not the blood inside their veins.

“Don’t tell me you’re upset because you liked her, or something.”

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:36:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Not that. I don't care about that fucking idiot!"

Fernando feels his breath leave in a fit of exhaustion. It makes up for his vehicle's lack of smoke or gas.

"Don't play stupid. I know you're not," possibly, that's just him humbling her despite his rage. "But them—all of them? They're all inept and you're just feeding these fucking Primapes."

The way he inhales reels in her second hand spoke despite their distance. The way it pools in his nostrils leaks out as pixie glitter and pink sparkles. "I finally had her, right in the palm of my hand! But now? All they'll Chatot is racism and deflect off that as a viable excuse and knowing the public—knowing Hoenn, they'll eat that shit up."

He's exasperated.

"Katherine," it's only the second or third time he's referred to her by name, "these are the fucking idiots asking why we're not babysitting their goddamn kids."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:47:48 GMT

As stubborn as Katherine may be, a part of her does wonder whether if he was wrong and she made a mistake. Could she have left Selena alone? Yes. Would it have had better results? Maybe.

They’ll never know now. Giratina was capable of many things, but reversing time was a talent of its sibling, which means that Kat has to face the consequences of her actions. It’s almost daunting, but fear never lasts long with her.

That’s where the stubbornness comes in. Her refusal to accept her weaknesses was a flaw.

“Maybe,” She pauses to take another drag from the cigarette, intentionally doing so to grant herself another moment to breathe. “I thought it was for the better at the time. She exposed herself as who she was, and there was no other candidate for a scapegoat.”

The smoke she exhales blends into the Silph’s fae dust, “I should’ve known you already had a plan.”

Owning up to mistakes was as scarce as smoking for Katherine.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:55:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]She takes it better than he expected. It almost quells him right there and then. A lack of combativeness does the heart good and there's no much ground for his temper to stand on. It's hard to beat up someone so defenseless.

But not impossible.

"Incriminating herself was more than enough. There's no way for her to have escaped without something more impactful being brought into play." He runs both hands through his hair, settling his hand on shift to pick up where they left off. "Or something trivial comes out for them to downplay."

His foot leaves the brakes but he doesn't settle on the gas. "Like petty gossip and infighting between Gym Leaders."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 18:56:37 GMT

“I get it.”

Does she really?

“I lost control, alright? I get it. The questions from those ungrateful journalists, that bitch’s attitude, and the fact that she’d been sitting on a secret that big for so long— it ticked me off.” It’s already been decided that lashing out was a mistake, but she seemed to be processing it still. Losing control was rarely something that Mauville’s gym leader considered to be bad.

Like most things, she deemed them perfectly fine as long as she wasn’t on the receiving end of them.

"You investigated me for much less, Fernando. You put me through actual torture because you had the slightest hint of doubt that I might've been lying to you. And then she does this? Of course I was upset."

"I still am."

Fortunately, each drag Katherine takes from her cigarette alleviates some of that bubbling rage.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 5:28:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good."

Fernando never alleviates the pressure—it's merely redirected. It sets at the ball of his foot and manifests in the car moving forward. This time, his driving is much more manufactured. It almost seems like it's on autopilot.

"Look," he keeps his eye on the road despite it being empty, "I told you not to lie to me and you did. That's on you. Desmarias' fuck up will come with it's own repercussions." His fingers tighten on the wheel. It squeaks under the friction of his skin.

"I'm a simple man, Fairburne. All I ask is whatever you do, don't get in my way, and don't fuck with the grand scheme of things."

A deep breath leaves his body as they reach the underpass for parking. "I'm so close to cutting each and everyone one of them out." There's a deep seated bitterness leaking from his voice. "So fucking close."

He doesn't guilt trip her on the account that this little stint probably both ruined his plans and costed him the Council's objection to the Aqua Initiative. At this point, he's not sure if she cares. The fact that is subject zero, the primary catalyst for such an agenda, makes him just as resentful at as he is at her.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 11:01:24 GMT

She simmers down and retains her right to be silent for a brief while, his words allowed to float in the car along with the strange concoction of smoke and fae dust.

Eventually, after a short pause takes place, Katherine finally speaks up again.

“And them? Rocket? Did you know about them?” She plays the part, still. “Was the council hiding the fact that they were lurking in the shadows?” No, she doesn’t care to ask about this for Rocket. Not truly. She’s gauging the area for herself. How much was Fernando willing to hide from her?

If she was to side with the League, could he be trusted?

Rocket’s yet to threaten her, but things were changing rapidly. With the announcement of project A.Q.U.A, Giratina and her could potentially have enemies on both sides.

“And the A.Q.U.A initiative? Are we seriously going to be hunting avatars?”

There's not a hint of fear in her tone, no, but there's an underlying tone of genuine surprise.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 21:04:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed." Fernando stomachs a sigh as he puts the car into parking. The vibrant clunk of shifting gears beats away the silence like a badly drawn out joke. "Every time something remotely bad happens someone whispers 'must be rocket' somewhere in the office. Eventually, they were bound to be right."

The sound of his seatbelt unwinding reveals more than his torso. He slips in a secret that he's yet to reveal to anyone else. In any other circumstance, he'd have taken it to his grave. But Katherine Fairburne is an exception. Their little entanglement in the church means she's privy to a tight-lipped skeleton. Secrets build trust and right now he's willing to put a few chips on the bet of an unknown anomaly.

Her handle of Ultra Beast only sweetens the deal.

"The only one who knew for sure was me. Half of the reason I was able to kill Silas and route them in Fallarbor was because several big names became turncoats. I give them a way out and they help me put an end to it. You ever read about Boris Raz-cole-nick-kov?"

Half-true, half-false. No one besides himself, , and Boris know any better. At least as far as Fernando's concerned, and he's willing to expose himself on something that can't be proven or known outside of those select three. As for what either Ex-Rocket is up to, he's unaware, but he's hopeful that both of them have found the exits prior to this grand reveal.

Fernando opens his own door to exit but remain seated. The audacity of her question is a cause for concern. One that demands his personal attention, eyes honed onto her own. "We? No. Just me. At my leisure and at my judgement. Whatever the League decides, that's on them and up to you."

His grimace is sardonic.

"The only Avatar we have any business hunting is the one that this exists for: . After that, I'm done."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ABETTED
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 20:48:43 GMT

It’s not often that Katherine opts to remain silent and process her thoughts before simply speaking them. Usually, words spill past her lips without the slightest hint of a filter. They are spoken out into the world and she faces the consequences afterwards.

But this meeting calls for an exception.

The fact people in the League suspected that remnants of Rocket and sleeper-agents still laid dormant doesn’t come as a big surprise - it was always within the realm of possibilities for both her and the organization itself. It made sense. Fernando Silph wasn’t a fool that Rocket could blindside that easily— but knowing that did not mean that this conversation felt any less tense.

For her, at least.

“I think I’ve seen his name somewhere before,” she answers when his question is made. A former Underboss, if she remembered correctly. Specific details remain clouded, mostly due to the fact that Katherine was no more than a grunt at the time this took place.

“Bullshit. You’ll be done? Just like that?”

It doesn’t matter if he’s lying to himself or her. He is still lying.

“I don’t buy that for a second, Fernando. The cannibal aliens may be ‘gone’,” she finger quotes the last word if only to emphasize how much she believed herself when saying that. “But the legendaries haven’t left. In fact, more are showing themselves. More are revealing themselves.”

Heatran.

Whoever the plates belonged to.

And lastly, Giratina. The most important of them all.

“You’ll sit back and just let the League handle all of that by themselves? Give me a break.”

“... Those plates. The one I stole from Zac. All of them. If we don’t collect them in time, if someone stupid enough manages to gather enough of them—”

She doesn’t know what would happen then, no. But frankly? By now, Katherine had learned to trust her instincts. Something tells her that she, or rather, that both Giratina and her don’t want that to happen.

“I don’t want us to be blindsided again. Not by something we aren’t ready to handle.”

Gods. The word never parts through her lips, but it’s there, nigh palpable and moments away from being heard.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ABETTED
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 2:40:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You saw it firsthand, Fairburne. These people are unappreciative and undeserving.

Fernando’s entertained the idea for half a year at this point. It’s the constant stream of events that push his tenure a little further. Just enough for him to see it to its conclusion. And by then, his hand’s too far deep to pull out of the honey pot. Until now. Littleroot had been the first point of contention, but bundled with the AQUA initiative as well as their own organizational pull, there’s no point in serving second hand.

Do you know how much power I’ve given up by being council?

His smile sits on that question for a bit too long before he excuses himself with a mild cough.

The League can handle League affairs at their discretion. Whether they succeed or fail has little impact on me—a civilian.

A click of a button near his door handle pops open the trunk. He exits with a brevity that contrasts his need to depart from the League its association.

Silph Co. will take over Devon Corp. within the next few weeks. During this time period we will also be seeking out these Legendary Pokemon for ourselves.” He doesn’t meet her at her door. At this point it’s both pointless and awkward. Instead, he pulls what luggage he has—a small steel briefcase and laptop bag—and closes the trunk shortly after. “As for the plates, fair point, but I see you’ve already seem to have a handle on that. Not the most graceful acquisition mind you but I digress.

He clicks his tongue.

It’s not the first scene you’ve made.