plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 5:38:06 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Plank is drenched in sweat and sore from the crown of her head to the tips of her toes as she stumbles into HQ's pokemon training facilities. She's crossed over from the gym, where she'd been running and lifting and pushing herself ragged for the better part of an hour and a half.

Her tank-top sticks to her front and back curtesy of two great splotches of sweat and her arms and legs shake with the strain of keeping her upright; but she isn't done yet. She can't be.

While her body is reaching its limits her mind is still restless. Her stomach is still tied in knots, her jaw is still clenched so tight it hurts, her eyes are still burning. So she's here in the pokemon training room with no plan. Just the determination that if she can't push herself any further to quiet her thoughts she's going to push someone or something else instead.

"Hull, c'mon," she orders between two heavy pants. Throws her Golisopod's pokeball with an arm that screams just being lifted. Hull screams, too, upon release.

"You've got, work t' do," she says in a simmering murmur. Unsure exactly what that work should actually be. Give her a second . . . she's sure she'll figure it out.

@open

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 9:05:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had been busy on the pokemon training deck on his own. On a ladder and using a flashlight to peer down one of the vents, he probably looks like a maintenance worker of some sort.

The intrusion makes him turn his head, curious. From what he's noticed not too many people come in here all that often; he had the place to himself ever since he started doing whatever nonsense he was slowly planning out. So 's entrance does make him raise a brow.

The girl isn't one he knows and she looks kind of young. It reminds Chu-e of when he has signed his own deals with Rocket. He had been about her age, by the looks of it. The thing that sticks out other than her youth is her haggard appearance. She looks like she's been running a marathon. The line of tension in her shoulders and down her body is clear as well.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) Chu-e isn't a man known for leaving well enough alone.

"Hey!" He calls, as he makes his way down the ladder. Vaguely, Chu-e hopes that she doesn't recognize him. That will make what he's going to try harder. A hand finds his belt, a pokeball of his own tossed out. The Primarina does a spin in the air before landing, a too-sweet smile on her face. "You look like death. Sit and chat with me while these two beef."

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 19:09:05 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Her current gaze is overwhelmingly, exclusively self-centered. It is then no great shock to Plank when she realizes she's missed the presence of another person sharing the same room as her. Still, she can't help but jump at the shout from above.

"Hey," Plank responds, breath heavy and hot on the word. Narrowed eyes do a quick scan of the stranger calling to her. Then the space between them. Then swivel in their sockets to remind herself of the layout of the room. When he sends out his Primarina she instinctively tenses (and immediately regrets it as her body lets out another internal groan at the sudden effort).

Hull lets out another cry at the arrival of a challenger. It's fair to say he's down to beef with just about anyone at any time.

"Not really feelin' chatty right now," Plank says in answer to the man's request. She doesn't realize she's speaking to an underboss, though right now it's uncertain her answer would change even if she did.

"I'm down t' beef, though."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:00:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e raises a brow at the girl, giving her another once over. Then, he shrugs; he wasn't going to force anything out of . Hell, if anyone had tried that at his age he would have beaten there ass. And, sad as it may be, in his current physical condition, she very would could beat the fuck out of him one-on-one, scrawny arms or not. Was the life when you were chronically ill.

"Your loss. I had a cool story about being shot with a laser, but oh well..." Chu-e put on a bit of an over dramatic act, but he still went to lean against a wall and slide down with a grunt, until he was seated on the floor. He sighed, letting his head 'thunk' against the wall. He trusted March not to get into too much trouble.

Marsh, at seeing how the other pokemon reacts, wiggles her brows suggestively at him and winks. I'll give you a kiss if you earn it~ She seems to say to the other. Then she takes a deep breath, a puff of pink smoke and glitter oozing out of her mouth, dripping thick and hot to the floor. Her Misty Terrain sets the playing field up in her favor.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:38:07 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Plank was . . . really hoping for some kind of pushback. She doesn't realize how much she was until she doesn't get it. No pressure to talk, no response to her challenge, the man just sits down. What the fuck?

It makes her irritated. Technically she turned down his offer, but now she feels like the one being rejected. Ignored. Fuck that.

"I'm not some dumb fuckin' kid," she shoots back, "I'm not gonna change my mind 'cause ya lie 'n' make up some stupid story about lasers."

Hull is irritated, too. He doesn't take kindly to the come on. He's a modest man, an honest man, he just wants a fight. None of this seduction shit.

As the mist spreads over the field he stomps his feet and charges. He's fast, his claws even faster. He intends to leave a strong FIRST IMPRESSION with his opening swipe.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 5:07:26 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🕷SOMETHING STIRS!🕷

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
AN UNKNOWN CREATURE scuttles through the submarine too fast for anyone to catch sight of it. Only the constant echo of vibrating pipes leave any clue that it even existed in the first place. [break][break]

The first and only imrpession Plank's Golisopod will get is a blindsided TECHNO BLAST from beyond the ether. By the time the light dissipates, the source is already gone. It's unseen, leaving both to wonder if there's an impression to be had at all. [break][break]

DD|0_83m[break][break]
(note: this event can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 0:30:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Ah, yes, moody teenagers. Chu-e had been there.

He opens his mouth to reply.

And then the laser shoots out. Again.

Chu-e's eyes snap open and he surges to his feet so fast his head spins.

"God"

Rushing to the vent, he grabs the folded up ladder and starts to put it in place.

"Fucking"

As quick as he can, he scales the ladder, fumbling for his pocket.

"Damnit."

A small electric screwdriver is produced and jammed into the screws on the vent, Chu-e nearly tipping the ladder over in his haste. The metal piece falls to the ground with a CRASH, bending lightly. His sharp gave snaps to .

"Call back your pokemon and come on. We're finding whatever the hell that is." Unlike before, his tone is demanding. An order from someone used to giving them. He doesn't wait for her to reply, just calls back Marsh into her pokeball, from where she had been hovering close to Hull.

A new pokemon is tossed out, a Magneton. "Light the way." He order it as well. The steel type flicks it's eyes between Chu-e and Peggie before floating into the vent, body sparking and eyes glowing. Chu-e hauls a leg up and follow after a moment later.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 0:41:12 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Plank locks eyes with the stranger, her furious gaze boring into him. She can't wait to hear what kind of stupid comeback he's got for her accusation. Can't wait to tear into him again no matter what it is.

Then suddenly his bullshit story becomes a lot more plausible and her anger is forgotten in the chaos of it all.

Hull has half-cleared the distance between himself and the Primarina when he's blindsided by the TECHNO BLAST. It hits hard. Harder than any attack he's taken up until now. He's knocked out of his charge and straight to the floor of the training room.

"Hull!" She shouts, spinning around to look worriedly at the Golisopod as her forgotten target jumps into action. Hull is fine. Dazed, hurting from the hit, but still full of energy. He whips around furiously in the direction of the attack and gives an angry cry into the shadows.

Plank's eyes are pulled back to the stranger when he shouts from atop the ladder. That still fuming part of her wants to shout back that he can't tell her what to do, but something in his voice gives her pause. He sounds much more serious now. It doesn't feel like a request.

It makes her think of .

"Fine, whatever," she relents, returning Hull who is still screeching at his long-gone assailant, "I'm sore as fuck, but I guess I wanna know what's shootin' lasers all over the place."

Actually, she isn't that sore suddenly. Adrenaline, am I right?

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 1:00:13 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The vents really need cleaned out, is the first thing that Chu-e notices. They're dusty and dirty, dead insects wedged into the corners where metal meets metal. The second thing he notices are the scrape marks, marring the metal and paint in long, thin gashes. Like something was... just up here. Crawling around. What the fuck.

Mostly he ignored if replied or not, just expecting her to follow. Nino, the Magneton, is still floating ahead, eyes flicking back and forth and taking the beams of light with them. It isn't so bad while still around the hole he had made, light pouring inside, but otherwise the vent shaft was dark. A few spears of light could be seen ahead, from other openings still covered, but those were a ways away.

While Chu-e wasn't nervous, per se, he knew the value in numbers. He would wait, on his hands and knees, for the girl to join him.

"Kid, I don't know what that was, but that fucker has done that to me twice now. He growls that out. "I'm Choi, by the way. You got a name?" Since he realized, well. They skipped that step. But, he started to crawl, ignoring the clausterphobic space to move ahead.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 1:10:32 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Once Hull is returned Plank starts climbing up the ladder. Adrenaline apparently isn't a cure-all, since her thighs and biceps cringe and moan every time she puts them to work, but she manages. Sating her curiosity feels more than worth a bit of added pain.

She sticks her head in the vent once she's reached the top. She was too busy returning Hull and climbing to pay any attention as to which way the man went once he was inside. Thankfully, he hasn't gone far. His feet peeking around a corner let her know which way to start crawling.

"I'm not a kid," she protests. Again she can feel her body acting up in response to the sudden physical activity, but beyond that she's unbothered as she maneuvers her way into the vents. The corpses of pest and dust don't even register on her radar.

Clean up enough cages and handle enough back alley 'mons and it becomes pretty hard to be disgusted by anything.

"People call me Plank," she responds to Choi's request for her name once she's settled, "Any idea why that thing is shootin' at ya? Or why me 'n' my pokemon have t' be mixed up in it?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 11:05:20 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Look like one." Chu-e bites back quick, no real malice in his voice. But his tone is flat, focused, as he turns a corner. He feels slightly emboldened to know that is on his heels, that he's not alone. If she's young and new, this will be a good chance to test what she can do. To see how far she can bend before she breaks, regardless of what she had been through before. While Chu-e might like the values of this new Rocket better, he also could see the certain benefits of the cruelties of the old.

"Don't know what the hell it is or why it's doing it. I've been reviewing the cameras. Ain't shot at no one else, 's far as I know." The dip of a drawl slips into his voice, Sinnoh countryside reflecting in it. Soon they move away from the spears of light and into the reaches of the inner walls. Machines whir and click back here as they force air to other parts of the sub.

They come to a fork in the road.

Chu-e chooses the left path.

He doesn't answer her second question, not thinking it worth his time. Chu-e had ordered it and that was enough reason for him, at this moment. His own curiosity and anger had taken him. Plus, what if it had been Plank alone in there? Some of the nerds in the lab? Chu-e could handle himself just fine. He didn't care if his life was forfeit in the name of Rocket. But those below him, they still had goals and plans and maybe even sparks of life. At the core of it, he didn't want them to die if they didn't have to.

It was not a feeling motivated by kindness, though.

"I'm not the type to sit with my thumb up my ass while strange shit happens around me. You take the bull by the horns or it guts you, in my experience." And this seemed like a situation where it would gut them, if left unchecked.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 21:30:46 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Her teeth clench before popping open with a "tch" from her tongue.

"Yeah, well looks can be deceivin'!" she growls, the vent echoing her voice for a second after she's clicked her teeth back together. She already doesn't want to be in this fucking vent, she's not going to be condescended to while she's stuck here.

Especially not by the know-nothing idiot who got her wrapped up in this. So he knows this thing is shooting at him but not why, not what it is, and probably not how to deal with it if they find it. Yeah, this guy doesn't get to call her anything.

Plank quietly steams as they take a turn. Thinks about how much her limbs are starting to ache and how holding her jaw like this is probably going to give her a headache and how stupid this all is.

"Or ya poke the bear 'n' it fuckin' mauls ya," she counters.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 10:00:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"If anyone gets mauled, it'll be me." Chu-e sounded so confident of that, as if he wouldn't allow anything less. "That happens, you run off, get Gavin, and tell him what happened and where. Just tell him it was Choi. If he asks for some proof it was me... just tell him I'm a rock licker. He'll know what that means."

So, 's purpose was revealed: escape and make a report if Chu-e got smeared on the vent walls.

Chu-e paused, for a moment, tilts his head tot he side. What was that? In the distance.... he could kind of hear....

"I think something's that way." Pointing, he directed his Magneton in the direction before he picked up the pace in his crawling, hoping to track down whatever it was.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 21:25:38 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Anger is forgotten in lieu of confusion. Once again Plank expects a fight and instead gets a . . . really reasonable reply? Paired with some curveballs.

Is this guy really okay turning this hunt into a personal suicide mission? Why would Gavin care about what happens to this dude? What the fuck does "rock licker" mean?

These questions and more keep her too preoccupied to respond. Then suddenly they're moving faster and she doesn't really have the time to.

"Son of a bitch," she grumbles, gritting her teeth to push through the burn spreading from her arms and legs and up into her joints.

She hopes wherever they're going they drop into a room or something. Crawling through these vents is becoming less annoying and more impossible as their time doing it increases.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
four hours [social]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 16:10:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Following the sound, Chu-e surges forward, mostly on adrenaline. Where was tired from exhaustion, Chu-e was starting to flag from low energy. He really wasn't the most suited for physical activities like this no matter how much he tried to convince himself he was. Side hurting, he turned a corner and suddenly let out a yelp.

Then Chu-e was gone.

For a tense moment, with the Magneton ahead, it would only be Plank and the darkness.

Then there would be a loud crash and the sounds of swearing.

The Magneton floated back into view, peering down a hole. It looked like it had been ripped into the vent, jagged edges curling inwards. It was very lucky for Chu-e, who was below in a dark room on a pile of what looked like old wires and other debris, that he hadn't snagged himself on anything.

"Kid! It's a hell of a drop!"