The Catch Up [C]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 4:16:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pokebody"]
[attr="class","pokepost"]

Truth be told, she'd been putting off the trip to league headquarters for as long as possible. The moment she stepped foot inside, her whole idea of this being a vacation came to an end. Which she wasn't ready for. If she put it off any longer, Aaliyah was sure she'd get in trouble.

She flashed her league credentials to the lady working the front counter. Much to Aaliyah's surprise, the woman had been expecting her. The receptionist pressed a button from behind her desk, likely signaling someone important of her arrival, and lead Aaliyah to a meeting room.

Aaliyah plopped down onto one of the room's chair and leaned back. She kicked her feet up on the desk at the center of the room. Pulling out her phone, the rockstar scrolled through her various social media feeds as she waited for someone to arrive.

NOTES: let's goooo

TAG:

[newclass=.pokebody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody table b]color:#e64e30;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokepost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;margin-bottom:5px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost b]color:#fa5b3d[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost i]color:#ed836e[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 4:51:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The meeting door parts a few minutes later.

"Miss Griffon," Fernando presumes, reading off the tablet that sits nestled in his palm. He's spent some time looking over her file after the call to come down but she's relatively unknown to him. The most he's surmised is her origins and reason for being here. That and the profile picture that does her no justice.

Narrowed eyes flirt between the PDF and her current image, stoic at her casual entrance and obvious lack of respect.

"Welcome to Hoenn." They settle on the sole of her exposed boots. "Made yourself at home already?"

@aaliyah

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:23:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The doors open and Aaliyah glances up from her phone. "Please, call me Aaliyah." She's surprised to see someone so attractive step through the door. In her head, she'd pictured herself meeting with some old cougar or grampa.

"Glad to be here." she says with a grin, lowering her phone to give the man her full attention.

"Sorry - this is probably a bit rude of me isn't it?" her words don't match her tone, and she doesn't bother to move her feet. "I wasn't sure how long you'd be so I got comfortable." Aaliyah smiles - almost flirtatiously and crosses her legs overtop one another.

"Gotta say - I was expecting some wrinkled old coot. I'm glad to see I was wrong."

NOTES: let's gooo

TAG:

[newclass=.pokebody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody table b]color:#e64e30;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokepost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;margin-bottom:5px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 8:58:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"You're fine."

Despite his stare, Fernando dismisses the notion that the way she carries herself has any impact on his impression. It does. Naturally. A silent judgement resides onto his mental image of her but he lies to keep up appearances. He's supposed to be welcoming, approachable.

His eyebrow notches up a few inches at her smile. It's disarming, coupled with the way her gesture accentuates her legs, and it takes a good deal of will power not to let his eyes stray. Not during business hours.

"We staff pretty young here," he doesn't miss a beat as he takes a seat opposite her. "Those old enough to have wrinkles—natural wrinkles know better than to avoid their retirement. What with all the trouble we have these days."

He peeks at her from the top of his tablet.

"Is that what you're here for, Miss Griffon? To seek trouble?" The way his smile remains so small you'd think it was unnatural, an expression he's never painted. "Or to tame it?"

@aaliyah

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 8:17:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"It's fine." he says, but Aaliyah knows better. She's been in enough meetings like this to know her antics leave much to be desired. He hides it well, however. So she opts to keep her comments to herself.

Her smile widens, noting the brief rise of his eyebrows as she readjusts her legs. A part of her is tempted to be more provocative. Just so she can have a bit of fun in what she's assuming to be an otherwise dull meeting.

Aaliyah's smile turns to light laugher, "Natural wrinkles - I like that." cute and a sense of humor? It was like he was begging her to flirt.

Her posture shifts, legs slowly moving off and under the table, as she scoots herself closer. Black nails tap against the tabletop, and Aaliyah meets his gaze. A fire burns behind Aaliyah's golden eyes - fierce yet alluring.

"Can't a girl do a little of both?" she answers with a coy smile. "And please - call me Aaliyah. Miss Griffon sounds way too formal." she insists once again.

"Really though - I think that depends on what kind of trouble we're talking about. I do love a little danger but its always good to know what I'm getting myself into." Aaliyah winks.

TAG:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 8:47:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fortunately, this is not Fernando's first rodeo. The way her stare finds a deep seated place within his heart drives him to play into the little narrative. The more she pushes him, undressing him intentions with her eyes, the more he plays coy in a small game of Rattata and Meowth.

"Sorry," many have tried but none have gotten Fernando to bend willingly in regards to a first-name basis. "Habit are hard to break." Mischief may peek out between sessions and interactions but on the surface Fernando wears professionalism like a well ironed shirt.

"Danger here varies from person to person." Fernando wheels back in his seat just far enough to tap the Pokeball on his belt. His Poipole materializes, a Pokemon otherwise never before seen prior to the Three Day War from last year. "We've been invaded by wild Pokemon from another world and—" MISTY TERRAIN breaths out of his mouth like warm air on a cold winter morning. "—some of us have been called upon to bend to the will of Legendary Pokemon."

@aaliyah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 9:35:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It's strange how one's entire world can be turned upside down with a few sentences. Aaliyah tries her best to keep the flirtatious game going, but she cracks. The Poipole immediately provoking a reaction that she can't suppress.

"Woah." shocked, Aaliyah barely has time to adjust to the idea of other worlds before she's thrown for another loop. Wide-eyed, she watches the mist roll out from his mouth like a gentle fog. The revelation is world-shattering, but her response is less so.

"That's metal as fuck." even if the mist is pink. Aaliyah's quick to compose herself, or so she thinks, but her surprise still shows on her face. She leans forward - particularly crawling onto the table to get a better look at the Poipole.

She wants it, and Aaliyah doesn't attempt to hide that fact either. Her eyes linger on the Pokemon with a lust that puts the way she looked at Fernando to shame. "Invaders from another world, Legendary Pokemon - " Aaliyah leans back into her chair, "You really know how to rock a girl's world." and just like that, she's back.

"This just happening in Hoenn, right? I mean - we're not seeing invaders in Unova. Is keeping it limited it to here why the League asked for aid?"

TAG:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 9:59:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Metal is hardly how he'd describe it but the description proves apt. "Something like that. Our issues started in Kanto and have progressed until we—" A cough tickles his through and he clear it along with his correction. "—I put an end to it." Most of this is modern day history but for those outside of the region, it's nothing more than extravagant click-bait headliners that most people avoid altogether.

"The other world, Ultra Space, is something relative to Hoenn. At least, it is for now." Fernando sets the tablet onto the table before sliding it over. The mesh cover carries his momentum until it's on her end of the table. Within reach but far from perfect. Just like the region.

The page he has on display shows the old champion pages of Talia Bosch and . They're ex-Champions and not by choice. Noticeably, they're both labeled as deceased. "All of our Champions are dead. Most of our Gym Leaders either die in the line of duty or quit under the pressure. Our region faces new, untold threats every three months."

The quirk of his smile fades behind a flatline that demands an answer.

"Here, trouble comes not for fun but for your life."

He pauses before resuming his smile. Pristine and unfazed.

"Welcome to Hoenn, Miss Griffon."

@aaliyah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 13:58:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She'd heard about Kanto - its devastation, but she'd found it hard to believe. "You put it an end to it?" she questions, "All by yourself?" very impressive if that was the case.

"Ultra Space." she mutters. It sounded like something she and the girls would title one of their songs. Aaliyah's eyes follow the tablet as it slides across the table. Her hand is poised to grab it once it's within reach. Holding it up to her face, Aaliyah stares at the displayed information.

An eyebrow raised, she isn't sure what to make of it at first. "Ex-champions? Why show me-" it's then she notices both are listed as deceased. "Oh." that hadn't been what she was expecting. Neither was what Fernando added as she continued to read.

Suddenly this no longer felt like a game but something more serious. Aaliyah can feel her heart beating faster. The realization of what she'd gotten herself into finally dawning on her. What's strange is that Aaliyah doesn't feel afraid. Her heart isn't pacing because she's terrified, but because she's excited.

She'd always been like this. Addicted to the rush, to danger, and uncertainty. It's what made playing on stage so exciting and being a gym leader worthwhile.

Aaliyah sets the tablet down onto the table. The fire behind her eyes burning brighter than before. She grins, "Glad to be here." her tone is laced thick with enthusiasm. Maybe she's overestimating herself, perhaps she still doesn't fully understand the danger, but she doesn't care.

She's never backed away from a challenge, and she doesn't plan to.

"Now just tell me what you'd like me to do."

TAG:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 10:50:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]A sage nod claims credit for killing the only known Rocket Boss: .

Admittedly, the disbandment of Team Rocket, or any widescale operation, is never done solely by one person. He only receives the recognition due to landing the killing blow. But it is that pride and elevation that allows him to remain as one of Hoenn’s leading figures. It adds prestige to the name.

But that’s not the only way to flourish. Making a name for oneself is all about realizing opportunity. For someone seeking their fortune, the possibilities are endless.

Or they were.

When pressed for an actual task, Fernando has none. She’s far too late to be of any real good. The war is over, the threats have been neutralized. Right now, Hoenn sees a small peace time riddled with political machinations puppeteering the ignorant and insufferable. Now is a time for schemers.

Raise those around you to be better than they are.

An abstract request is one impossible to finish but buys him time to find her a real assignment.

Inspire hope, teach them strength, and mold the world for a brighter tomorrow.

He runs his hands through his hair, releasing a pleased sigh as his smile stiffens.

Beat some life into our Gym Circuit and light a fire under their ass. Show them what a real Gym Leader looks like.

@aaliyah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 7:58:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"That's it?" she sighed, slumping down into her chair. "I mean, yeah - I can do all that, but I was hoping for something more...exciting." all that build-up just to be hit with a disappointing climax. Aaliyah rested her cheek against the palm of her hand.

"Do you leave all the girl's disappointed like this or is just me?" she asks with a cocked eyebrow. The question is crude and to the point. "No offense or anything, it's just - you hyped up all this danger and got my blood pumping. Only to hit me with the cliche shit you probably practice in the mirror." but maybe it's her own fault. If she'd gotten here sooner rather than putting it off forever. She might have actually gotten something more worthwhile to do.

A finger taps against her cheek, her eyes drift from Fernando back to the Poipole. "Where'd you get one of those anyway? I can't imagine an extradimensional Pokemon is easy to come by."

NOTES: so rude

TAG:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Catch Up [C]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 20:13:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: