awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
Dying Musician's Song [S]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 20:18:48 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Cogimo was sitting in one of the guest's rooms, on the chair next to the window. It wasn't anything special, having a double bed, nightstand, writing table, one chair, wardrobe, and a mirror. Everything was in brown and cream colors, a style reminiscent of Galar. His mom had seen it a couple of years ago and got inspired for this room. The window outside oversaw one of the berry tree groves of their property.[break]
On the before mentioned bed lay a man Cogimo's parents picked up last night. Apparently, he was performing at the jazz bar they had decided to have a date at and, afterward, passed out from drinking too much. As no one knew him, his parents decided to take the boy to their home. Unfortunately, once outside his pokemon escaped her ball, becoming quite hostile. Mom calmed it down with her Blissey, but that meant Cogimo needed to leave his bed at 3 AM to get the drunk musician to their place. The boy's parents dealt with moving his pokemon.[break]
After all that drama the youngest Shimaru slept for, exactly, five hours before his inner clock woke him up. Later, Cogimo's mom asked to pay attention when their guest woke up, so he wouldn't be all scared and confused. Cogimo decided that there's no escape for that, but he also came to conclude that it would be for the best if he just waited in the guest room as well. He had some homework to do anyway and a skitty in his lap, so it wasn't so bad.

@everett
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 6:39:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","allegro"]
Woe unto life. Peace towards death. A musician's swan song on a bitter march, keyed by the piano's beautiful harmonic sounds within a jazz bar oh so beautifully decorated. Fingers move with grace and skill far befitting one of his title, and yet they were lifeless. Each key pressed with no love, each sound with no echo within his chest.

Everett Moreau, a musician no more. Yet the song does not end despite the curtain's bitter fall. The song cannot end. Fear dissuades the hands from stopping. Yet muse slows them from meaningful mastery. His muse.

It was the same nightmare, each and every night. He would play in solitude after each performance. He could see the face of his faded muse. Scarred by untimely demise and broken by the world he gave so much to. No matter how hard he cried, the music never ended. His hands never rested. Merely a man, with a ghost to listen to every somber note to slowly sound off before the curtain truly fell.

And then he woke up.

It was a place unlike his own. Many would believe such skill to live within the world's nicest hotel on Mauville Hills, but truth be told was that Everett stayed at motels every chance could to travel about to find what was irreplacably gone. Yet, this was no motel. This was a home, with items denoting personality. Unlike a motel, cleaned by its next stay, this was someone's home.

A boy, years younger, yet still old enough to be a man, sat with a Skitty in his lap. As the musician sat up, his shirt still on his back, he could at least tell they were friendly. "Morning." He had his Pokeballs on him. One-

His gaze quickly pushed down. "Harmony." he sounded concerned for a moment, looking quickly around, disoriented. And then the hangover headache hit him, practically gluing him in place, as his hands rubbed his temple. "Did... you take my Harmony?"
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".allegro"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".allegro b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#FFD700; [/newclass]
[newclass=".allegro i"]font-style:italic;color:#DAA520; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 8:56:23 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Cogimo winced together with the stranger, knowing quite well how unpleasant was a hangover. If being honest, his first year in dorms was spent mostly in those. He almost felt sorry for the man, especially after sounding so sad, but...Well, because of him Shimaru had slept only a few hours. And such people can suffer a bit.[break]"Good morning!" He continued petting the skitty, cooing over the pink thing a bit before answering the distressed male, "You, kind of, had one too many yesterday, and as no one knew you or where to leave you my parents decided to take you to our place." Shimaru started slowly packing up his notebooks that were laid out on the table, "Your Milotic escaped the pokeball to guard you, but my mom's Blissey knows how to calm down aggressive pokemons. I brought you here and your Milotic is in our lake." As he finished his explanation all his stuff was in a neat pile, Cogimo now widely smiling at their guest.[break]"So, how about you go and take a shower," he pointed at the bathroom door, " and I will get you some clothes to change in. We are about the same size." With that he got up, starring at the skitty for a moment as if noticing it only now, "Who are you even?"[break]
Cogimo wasn't away for long, picking up some loose shorts and a cotton shirt with a pair of slippers. All that was left on the bed before, him deciding to stay outside so the stranger can have some privacy. When sure that he was decent, the boy came back, nodding approvingly.[break]"Definitely better! No offense, but after carrying you yesterday I felt like apologizing yet again to everyone who had to ever carry my drunk ass back to the dorms." He then motion the boy to follow, seeing if he will follow.[break]"Lets get some food and pain killers in you. Then you can pick up your Milotic. Oh, by the way, the name's Cogimo!"

@everett
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 4:11:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","allegro"]
Precious little time taken to the point, and that put Cogimo in the pianist's good graces. What with his self-destructive tendencies getting the better of him- again -and leaving him out cold, he felt so vulnerable to be helped by a stranger. Harmony had been hostile, protecting a master who could no longer protect himself, but had been coaxed to accompany them to a lake, he assumed, nearby. Relief took him back, though not without reluctance.

His slightly tenser than average expression dulled, much as the one he wore the previous night. Still here. Still here without him, and having to continue regardless, to a song that's ending laid beyond the horizon. He returned the wide smile with his blank, neutral expression, unable to mirror it back.

"Thanks." He got to his feet, steadying himself against the wall, and reached the bathroom before long.

Twenty minutes. Like sorrow raining down upon the soul of heartbreak, the musician experiencing memory after memory play back. When Muse was still here. Soap and conditioner could only clean the body. They could not mend a heart. Each weak movement forced to keep his body in presentable condition, though never to allow what hid beneath to be so in turn.

Finishing, he sulked to the bedroom, finding clothes that while unlike his own style, were at least clean. Shorts and a cotton shirt. He shrugged. Beggars can't choose, and drunkards couldn't hope to panhandle, not effectively.

When the younger male returned, there was nostalga of days long past, before Everett was motioned to follow. While the boy was nice, he was far too giving to a lost soul, and if Everett were any worse of a man, he could take far more. Though he couldn't be that. He couldn't give for charity.

He could at least give a name in response.

"Everett Moreau." he spoke sheepishly, stoic and to the point with his words. "The Milotic's name is Harmony." And almost on cue, his other Pokeball burst open, revealing a small, scruffy little Eevee, landing onto his shoulder with relative ease, mewing towards Cogimo. "... Lyric. What did I-"

Those sparkly, beady eyes could cure illness and end world hunger, as the shine and puppy dog eyes returned the caring little evolution Pokemon.

"... pleasure, Cogimo." he finished, with a hopeful culinary destination to remedy the hangover. Lyric mewing that he won, for the moment.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 11:23:31 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Should Cogimo tell him that he already figured the milotic's name? Maybe, but that wouldn't be too polite towards their guest. And the boy's mother would murder him if he was anything but the gracious host. So he said nothing, just smiled as Everett introduced himself, as well as, the small eevee a moment later. Honestly, Shimaru was quite glad to see their small fight for dominance as it showed he wasn't the only one with escaping pokemon issue. Or being weak to cute eyes, in that matter. "Shall we?"[break]
They went down to the first floor, the house being in warm, earthly tones with a high ceiling and big windows. Each room they passed seemed to be made in a different style and, even if most were in brown, green, and pastel colors, nothing seemed organized or united. The kitchen was an old, odd thing. Large, with an inbuilt table in the middle, it seemed to be meant for serving dozens of people, not three. Walls were a mix of brick and white tiles, painted with blue flowers, while the floor was cobblestone. There was a brand new kitchen appliance, as well as, things reminding of the early 20th century. On the table was cut sandwich ingredients, like tomato, salad, pickles, and ham, round buns, butter, and a plate covered with glass lid, steaming hot eggs waiting to be eaten. There was also a pack of painkillers waiting."Sit down, take a plate, eat. Do you want orange juice, tomato juice or, maybe, tea...Mmmm...Coffee? I don't like coffee after hangovers, but, maybe, you do."[break]
Given the answer, he prepared their drinks, as well as, opened a storage room to get a bowl, showing that the shelves were full of pokemon food one usually found in pokemon clinics. "Should I...?" Cogimo then nodded to the eevee, food, and the bowl. Done with that he finally sat down himself, picking this and that for his sandwich.[break]"So, are you suing us for kidnapping, hmm?" The boy chuckled, carefully layering butter after cutting his bun in half. "Can't say I have seen you in Rustboro, but also I have been away myself for few months. Local? Visiting?"

@everett
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 1:07:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","allegro"]
A quiet nod followed Cogimo, as he trailed behind. Lyric stayed glued onto Everett's shoulder, ever vigilant, and caring of his person. That's how the Eevee was, ever since he was rescued. That's why Lyric wanted to give hope back. Because Everett was his hope.

It hurts when hope falls on deaf ears.

When they reached the kitchen, Everett could feel the warmth it radiated, like a sunshine on a small farm, or a hearth around holiday times to warm the soul from the cold bitter outside world. He could feel Muse there, so picture perfect sitting there and safe from the world that threw him away. It was a kitchen he'd love to have gotten for himself, once upon a time. Lips curved to a frown, Everett approached the plates, stopping at the painkillers.

One quick look, and he skipped over them to grab a plate. Bread, tomato, salad, and ham. Looking to the eggs, he was about to procure him some when Cogimo asked.

"Coffee. Black." A request as few words as possible. He was a coffee kind of person. Orange juice and tomato juice were all well and good, but he never liked tea. Life was bitter already, and the taste of black coffee did enough to remind him of that.

Lyric's eyes lit up, as he leapt down from Everett, to the floor where Cogimo laid the bowl of Pokemon food. The little Eevee never did step too far away from Everett. He was like a phantom that could fade from existence if one strayed too far. A trick of the light. Lyric truly loved Everett, but he was always worried how easy he could vanish. Everett was the phantom who saved him from a sad existence within the dumpster his old master threw him in. Malnourished and broken, to eat scraps for what little time he had left. Saved by someone so gentle and warm. Who saw value in him. Who gave him life again.

As Lyric ate, Everett, now food on the plate, quietly ate, and with a small sip of coffee, responded. "I was a local. Now I'm just a drifter." Not untrue. "Couldn't afford a lawyer." He quickly disarmed the joke, missing the point entirely.

"No one would miss me anyways."

Lyric stopped eating completely, and looked angrily towards Everett. The darker-skinned male turned back. That glint in his eyes was all the more pressing to the Eevee. His small, furred body was shaking, eyes tearing up.

"No one but Lyric and Harmony." Lyric was still angrily shaking, but he went back to eating.

close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 14:03:21 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Black coffee for Everett, water for Lyric, and white coffee with a day's dose of sugar for Cogimo. The big coffee machine in the corner did its job effectively, everyone served quickly. The boy mumbled a quiet, "...drink up cutie~", to the Eevee.[break]
Only a minute later and he was already bemoaning his bad luck. Great, a depressed good looking artist that, probably, drinks his issues away. Just perfect. Cogimo would almost wish that his mother was here now, or, maybe, father, cause he for sure wasn't good at dealing with troubled humans. Pokemon, yes. Give him a houndoom with anger issues and mistrust towards people any day(please, don't!), but put the student in front of someone that was feeling down and the only thing he will be able to offer is a hug. Maybe a cuddle session. Then again, his parents are the people he inherited these traits, so Cogimo wasn't sure if they would be any better.
[break]"Well, that, though, doesn't sound as no one to me." He spoke slowly, sipping his coffee and choosing his words carefully. "Humans tend to forget, re-evaluate, having change of heart or, just, move on. Pokemon...Not so much. They will need their humans till the end." It was then he noticed a rattata trying to sneak away with a tomato slice. Cogimo had a stare-down with the pokemon before it blinked and scurried away. The boy smirked, pleased of winning the contest no one knew about.[break]"But back to more casual topics, so you are a traveling musician of some sort? What do you play? I know you were performing yesterday in a jazz club." From a shadowy corner of the kitchen an aegislash emerged as if it has been there from the very start.[break]"Morning, Markiz!"

@everett
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 1:52:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","allegro"]
Lyric ate, but made sure to keep an eye on Everett the whole time. The darker-skinned male just kept his golden eyes on the food for a moment, refusing to take a bite while he listened to Cogimo.

Till the end, huh? He took a big bite of his sandwich, looking towards any window if he could. "The end comes far sooner than we'd like. And thus. Memento mori." He took a sip of the black coffee, just as bitter as he liked it as it traveled down his throat. Fatigue laced his gaze, but he kept eating. Lyric was getting angry again, puffing his tiny brown cheeks up.

Best not to anger the little guy.

Instead, Everett allowed the conversation to transition. He answered, his smile fake as it could be. "Close, Cogimo. I travel, and I play piano. All there is to it." He was brief with his answers, turning his gaze to an Aegislash that entered the room. Interesting company, to say the least. A Ghost Pokemon, and the Skitty he saw him hold.

Another bite. "Jazz." he added, taking a sip of coffee more. "I play jazz. Though I'm skilled in many genres."