cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Gods & Men [Social, Cait]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 23:38:38 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"funnily enough," she responded, laughter present within her voice. "
no one knows. the scripture is frustratingly vague on the subject. people commonly theorize that creatures such as aerodactyl or tyrunt were the first. a few claim that due to their raw power, creatures like dragonite and metagross initially manifested. we may never know."

cait's expression revealed her delight over john's healthy curiosity - as well as the knowledge he had demonstrated thus far.

"
as for the question revolving around mew - i like to think that mew was responsible for forming the idea of our creation. and from their body came the first - the second - the third and the last. it's why mew is capable of taking on the form of any and all pokemon."

once again cait allowed him a moment to question or mull over the information she had provided so far. once it had passed, she'd gesture toward herself and then him.

"
i'm sure you're curious about our origins? after all, we aren't considered pokemon.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2021 14:26:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He smiled back at Cait's delight, mirroring her much like a child realizing they were doing something right. Though his brilliant joke had flown under the radar, he nonetheless rubbed his chin thoughtfully at her words.

Tyrunt or Aerodactyl, or Metagross and Dragonite. So, either Fossil Pokémon, or borderline Mythical Pokémon.

One side was scientifically inclined, the other learned more towards faith.

For once, his expertise on insects came in as relevant, the youth scratching his chin as he leaned back on the pews.

"Dunno which one's right, but I think Anorith or Kabuto would have a better chance than chompers and the flying one, goin' off fossils." He said. "Life began at the sea, and what not! But... I'll ask my Armaldo later just to make sure."

Knowing the bugger, he would claim not only that the Anorith line were the first in existence, but that HE was the first pokémon in existence.

"Hn... I guess that would make sense, but..." He squinted, brows furrowing together as his digits tapped at his chin thoughtfully. "Why can Ditto and Smeargle do it, too?"

's bloody pain in the ass Smeargle was seared into his memory, copy-pasta piece of sh-

"Oh, yeah! What's that about? How did it go?" He said, placing his hands at the pews between his thighs, leaning closer. "I've actually read some books hypothesizin' Humans might be pokémon too, but..."

He held up his hand, doing absolutely nothing with it. Which was probably the point.

"We're pretty darn borin' pokemon if we are." He said, scratching at his chin. "Though I guess we still somehow came out on top. Go figure that out."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 16:32:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"those are two interesting examples of pokemon capable of replicating others," she admitted. "
but there are imperfections present within their respective designs. dittos, for example, are only capable of copying a single target. if they do so without a reference point, their shapes are heavily flawed. it's a biological quirk of theirs that likely allowed them to survive predators or adjust to various environments."

"
as for smeagle, they very simply copy attacks. it's akin to tracing; their minds and bodies very specifically tailored for it. the consequence is they lack attacks until they acquire the information needed to properly execute one."

she hoped her explanation proved acceptable, the woman made to recall the information in abundance. 

"
as for humans...

cait paused briefly, her eyes falling shut as she sought to remember the religious text. she couldn't quote it word-for-word, but she could offer an abridged version of the tale.

"
while mew can be credited for the creation of pokemon in various texts, it is said that arceus created us themselves. in the first days, we stood as equals with our pokemon counterparts. but instead of 'moves', 'abilities' or 'evolution', we were bestowed a powerful mind and five fingers. and with that mind - and with our bodies - we created the first civilizations, written and spoken languages, medicines and mechanisms."

"
acreus decided - just as there were different pokemon - there would be different people. it's why there are humans with pale skin, brown skin, blonde hair, curly hair, brown eyes, blue eyes and so on. we all exist because we were wanted."

[ inspiration found here. ]   

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2021 20:14:24 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Mr. 's Smeargle could transform just fine as well, I can assure ya." Doug said dryly. "Copied m'Kama down to the bone. Couldn't match her temper though."

But enough about that; the real focus here were them.

The youth brought his hands together and leaned his elbows atop his thighs as he leaned forward with interest.

Pokemon came from Mew in one way or another, but humanity was Arceus' creation. It's responsibility.

And the many choices it made regarding their aesthetics aside...

"In the first days." He said, echoing her words as he reached into his jacket to produce a net ball, staring at it. "But not anymore, I take it?"

One could hardly call what had become the norm to be equal standing.

"Do the sacred texts have anything on that?" He said, lips set on a thin line. Science certainly did, though it often sounded self serving in a way, attributing it to superior intellect, innovation, human ingenuity. The human brain sure loved singing itself praises at times.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2021 15:53:13 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a small frown tugged at the corners of her lips. 

"as you're already aware," she said. "
humans are considered the 'top of the food chain' due to the minds and bodies we were blessed with. our intelligence fueled our arrogance - and we turned against the pokemon that were meant to serve as our equals. prior to laws innated roughly a century ago, barely anyone batted an eye to the blatant mistreatment of our bestial counterparts. they were commonly viewed as beings placed on earth for our convenience.

"
note that arceus first created mew - and then from mew came the first generation of pokemon. yet scripture credits arceus for being directly responsible for our birth. we were made by our god by way of intelligent design, while pokemon were considered naught more than creations made on a whim to simply populate the earth and serve as mew's 'playthings'."

cait shook her head in disapproval at this particular interpretation, finding the message it shared to be corrupt and utterly demeaning. 

"
it's said we were punished for our cruelties generations ago; robbed of our ability to communicate and understand our pokemon brethren. we're the only species on this earth utterly incapable of comprehending their tongue."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 1:57:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Uh... The punishment... doesn't seem to match the crime." At all. Not being able to communicate with pokemon didn't seem like enough of a deterrent for their apparent rampant cruelty, in his opinion.

But what did he know? Apparently things were better now than they used to be.

"... Say, Ms. Cait." The youth said, gathering his hands together. His brows furrowed thoroughly, eyes fluttering close in deep thought. Was it something that he should ask her?

Was it something worth asking? He could well have been reading far too much into those words. How would Cait know anyway? Even she admitted she was just well educated on the subject; she was not a bishop or anyone with authority to make statements in such matters...

But she was someone whose word he would actually trust, which was more than he could say of any member of clergy.

"I was once told 'everything's part of God's plan'." He said, face blank.

When his mother died, some old lady whom he didn't know had said those words to him. He had no idea what they meant then, and he still wasn't sure of what they meant now.

"Is that right?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 14:13:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

now that was an excellent question. 

"the consequence of 'free will'," she responded, plainly. "
is that blame cannot be easily foisted onto arceus's shoulders. and while 'acts of god' can and will occur - a human or pokemon's actions are entirely their own."

quite a few religious sects did remain firm in the belief that their respective fates were pre-determined. but cait opposed this view for a multitude of reasons - as did her tribe. 

"
needless death is not god's will."

she paused as memories of slateport resurfaced. so many civilians had been slaughtered in the fray, team rocket indiscriminate in their act of lashing out against hoenn's citizens.

"
nor is the blatant mistreatment of one's fellow man or the pokemon we interact with."

cait released a little sigh, a hint of a frown tugging at the corners of her lips. 

"
so no. there is no 'plan'. nor a neat little map we can simply go off of."   

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 18:13:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cait said no.

The youth dropped his head into his awaiting hands, breathing in deeply and sighing before dragging them down his cheeks, fingers weaving together before both thumbs came to support his chin.

"So what is God's doing? What's his credit? What's his fault?" He wondered wryly, looking up at the glasswork on the walls. "Should I say thank you if I'm born rich? Is it my fault if I'm born poor, sick?"

Where they supposed to say thank you when the good happened and just take it up the bum when the bad came?

If one is born wrong, is it their own fault? 

Or should god, who demands adoration and adherence to their dogma, be held responsible for the fate of their sheep?

"If good or bad, everything's up to us and God does nothing- do I have to care about what they want from me?" He said, looking Cait in the eye.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 19:24:44 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
to be born sick, poor or wealthy is merely the consequence of absolute freewill. no one should - in theory - be blamed or thanked for it. but i will be the first to admit that i do pray, because without arceus none of us would be here to experience the pain nor pleasure of life."

her small hand moved to settle upon john's shoulder, her touch gentle and the look upon her face betraying her affection for the youth. 

"all that is asked of us is that we love thy neighbor as thyself. we should all strive for a peaceful existence where that aforementioned pain is kept to an absolute minimum."

he'd notice that she looked at him as though he deserved love - respect - and recognition.

'it's because he does,' she said. 'every child deserves that and so much more.'

but john was in the midst of transforming into a proper adult, the growing male at the absolute precipice of entering her world as a man. and it saddened her terribly that he had to endure a war at the end of such a journey. 

"care about yourself and try your absolute best to protect the ones you love. i can tell you have a good heart, baby. you just need to use it.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 14:10:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Being thankful for the chance at life... Cait was a truly wonderful person. She had probably lived through a lot of hardship, and still came to such a conclusion.

But not everyone was fortunate enough to even live their life, good or bad.

Though he did not pull away from her touch, the youth inwardly wilted under her warm gaze, unable to maintain eye contact with such kindness, guilt flooding his chest.

He did not feel about 'God' as Cait did. He did not think he could bring himself to, anymore. But he did not want to say or do anything to upset her.

Her words ended in a sentiment he could identify with, however. One he wanted to embody. He did not care much for himself- but protecting those he loved-!

"I will." He said, his gaze turning towards the window set above all others, iron will shining behind those black orbs.

Whatever it took.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 17:47:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she observed in silence as he turned his gaze toward the heavens, those coal black eyes presently fixed upon the stained glass.

'i wish i could keep him safe.'

such a desire had manifested in abundance following rocket's resurgence. cait feared for those who she considered to be precious and dearly beloved. 

"
i know."

the woman clung onto the hope he'd be alive and relatively unscathed when this war over. she saw potential within the youth - and perhaps in a distant future - he'd stand as one of their leaders if he possessed the desire to shoulder such a responsibility. 

"
..."

a tranquil silence settled between the pair. so she bowed her head, her soft murmurs pouring from her painted lips as she began to pray for him - for herself - for hoenn

[ end ] 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 3:20:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: