frankly i dont carrot all

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 16:26:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

let's go out with  a bang

eating while you were shopping was a perfectly normal phenomenon. after all it was impossible to not need to do something while mindlessly browsing the school's abysmal book sale. it wasn't that they were bad books it was just, nothing he needed or wanted in the slightest. sure he feigned interest in old and worn copies of books that every person put on their 'must read before you die' books but yet no one actually read.

if you showed him someone that had actually finished that collection of ragged and poorly written books that for some reason had been deemed 'classics' he'd show you an idiot that had no time on their hands and a desire to be praised by people who thought they ruled the literary world. he had a lot of opinions about shitty elitists in the literary world.

then again that wasn't surprising considering he was a librarian as his day job but still. though a lot of the older librarians tended to skew in the opposite direction on that particular opinion. with a sigh he chewed on a carrot stick and began to browse another box of books that seemed to have nothing but the same old shit in it.

|| uhhhh book shopping idk

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 10:24:07 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"No." Thump. "No, no." Thump, thump.

Kneeling down next to one of the boxes, Chu-e was busy digging through the books. He would toss whatever books he wasn't interested in over his shoulder- which was caught in the air with a pulse of psychic energy from his Delphox, who was busy standing guard at his back. It led to quite the spectacle, the pokemon hovering dozens of books in the air as his trainer dug for more.

A frustrated groan left Chu-e and he pushed the box away; the books were quickly and neatly stacked back into the box by the fox pokemon as his trainer moved to the next one. It was not the one that @zhao was looking through, but it was the one next to it. Much like before, Chu-e would pick up a book, squint at the cover, then toss it over his shoulder for his pokemon to catch.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 14:39:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

of course he couldn't even book shop in peace anymore. not with people throwing the books around like they were footballs or some shit. what a fucking idiot. sure these books sucked ass but that wasn't any reason to throw them like that. someone would want them after all. probably. with a sigh he wondered if it was even worth engaging the guy. at least that was what he thought until he actually looked over at him. fuck.

it wasn't fair that his life was constantly going to shit because other rockets popped up and around constantly. he had a daytime reputation to keep as well. taking another bite of his carrot stick he shoved the little baggie of them into his pocket and chewed before turning to face his boss. "excuse me, can i help you?" if it wasn't for the fact that he was sure someone would notice his fist would be balled and his jaw clenched.

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 18:39:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hah?" When someone spoke to him, Chu-e glanced up to meet @zhao's eyes. A book would be half over his shoulder, many already floating around him, and he would pause and blink at the other. Then he would glance back at the box, almost as if he forgot what he was even doing to start with.

"... oh! Yes, please!" Reaching into his pocket, Chu-e pulled out his phone. On the screen was a picture of a book, an older looking guide to plant pokemon, which had been out of print for a while...

"I'm looking for this book! A lot of people online said it has the best and most detailed care plan guide for Budew! I heard a rumor that there might be a copy here, but I can't seem to find it..."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 22:58:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

at least choi didn't seem to recognize who he was. that was a fucking blessing and a half. but he did apparently need some sort of help and unfortunately it was something he could help with. just what he needed. wrinkling his nose a bit he looked at the screen to see what book he was looking for. old books like that about pokemon care weren't really going to be lumped up in a book sale like this. that book had actual value.

"that book won't be around here, you might find some offhand guides but something that valuable probably would have already been grabbed up." he wasn't sure how much he actually wanted to help this guy if he was being completely honest. but if there was a grass type pokemon involved he was pretty sure he would be able to take care of it.

"what do you need to know about budew anyways? i know my way pretty well around grass types." if nothing else at least this might get him on the bosses good side. it beat digging through shitty copies of charles dickens books anyways.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 0:32:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Damn. Well, guess I'll have to look online..." Chu-e perked up, eying @zhao. "Or just take you up on that offer!" He grinned, triumphant that he would have some type of success.

"I'm trying to coax the little girl to evolve into a Roserade to help my friend out. I've been... holding her, kissing her little head, petting her, feeding her expensive food, saying nice things to her, making sure she gets lots of sunlight... but nothing so far! And they're so delicate, I don't want to try and make her use those evo steroids from the stores." He sighed lightly.

"I'm starting to thing she just doesn't like me, or maybe I just have the opposite of a green thumb."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 1:04:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he wondered if the niceness was just an act like jinhai was doing or if in fact this underboss was such a sucker for grass pokemon. or whoever he was trying to get it to evolve for. "have you tried battling with her? or maybe she needs more food. a lot of plant pokemon need different kinds of food as they grow." it was a common mistake that trainers made that they would feed all of their grass pokemon the same type of food. a sunkern didn't need the same nutrients as a bulbasaur after all.

"expensive doesn't always mean good, a lot of that stuff is over priced to sucker you into buying more because you think it's good." he knew that all too well from when he lived in johto. people loved to try and sucker him out of cash over pokemon food so he had started making his own. it was easy once you got used to it.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 14:03:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hmm... well, I've not battled with her at all. I've only been feeding her store-bought food because I don't know how to make food for grass types myself. She wasn't too happy when I tried to feed her the stuff I made for my Igglybuff, for example." But, what @zhao was saying made sense. With his own inexperience, he would need to attack this at a different angle to see what she needed.

"She's quite shy... hmm... actually, I have her with me. Would you care to take a look at her?" If this guy had a big knowledge-base then Chu-e was going to abuse it for all he could.

Even before making sure the other agreed, Chu-e was pulling out a pokeball; in a flash of red, the Budew was in his arms. She whined and tried to hide her face against his chest, trembling. He gently shushed her and gave her little pats to help calm her down.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 10:12:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

this was not how he wanted to spend the day but he didn't really have a choice now. biting the inside of his cheek he listened about how this guy, who was somehow above him, didn't even know how to take care of a grass type pokemon. of course rocket wasn't exactly known for being good at caring for the pokemon in their care but still. sometimes you needed to break the mold. the budew looked terrified to say the least, not a good sign though not untypical for grass types.

he grabbed a pokeball off of his belt, releasing the less frightening of his two pokemon from inside. chunhua was a particularly good example of a well taken care of grass type. the sunflora stretching her leaves up and smiling as her species tended to do. "i have some of my homemade food for flowering grass types, if you want to try it for her?"

he wasn't about to feed a strangers pokemon without asking. he wasn't that much of an idiot.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 13:15:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, that would be nice." Again, with a little pat, Chu-e snuggled the Budew into his arms. "Someone told me to put her in my garden, so whenever I'm out there I take her with me. She seems to like that, too."

Chu-e gave a small smile down at the grass type and reached a hand out to her, so the Sunflora could choose if she wanted the attention or not. From behind Chu-e, the Delphox was looming over him, narrowed eyes glowering at @zhao and his pokemon, full of mistrust. Chu-e either seemed to not notice or mind that his pokemon was doing this.

"Ah, I've just realized- I never gave my name!" Instead, Chu-e offered his hand to Zhao to shake. "Ji-Hoon Ki! Nice to meet you."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 16:29:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

chunhau saw the other man's hand and slapped it much like you would when you were giving someone a low five. she didn't really care much about the fact that he was a rocket underboss, just that he was holding a small baby in his arms and not doing a very good job of it. she had her own concerns and none of them had to do with anything the humans were doing right now.

jinhai was more concerned with the fact that he was lied to. obviously so. well, not quite obviously he guessed if the other man didn't exactly know who he was. but lied to nonetheless. he would need to be careful after all. as far as this guy knew he was just a simple man at a book sale who knew how to take care of grass pokemon.

in fact he was very much starting to doubt the reason behind this budew being babied at the moment as well. "zhao jinhai. it's a pleasure to meet you. what sort of things do you do when you're not trying to evolve a budew?" he wondered how far he could push the underboss in lies. it might even be fun.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 17:47:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A laugh was startled from Chu-e at the slap. Thankfully, he didn't seem like the type to be offended by such things.

"Me? Oh, not too much! I do a lot of reading, watch some cooking shows, and I've been trying hard to learn how to cook!" Which... wasn't a lie. These were all things that Chu-e did in his spare time. Maybe he didn't mention how he would spend hours playing match 3 games on his phone or how he would use the lazer pointer on his plethora of cat pokemon, but Chu-e's free time was mostly more innocent than one would think.

In fact, his eyes had lit up at the mention of his hobbies.

"I'm planning on trying out this new recipe and that reminds me! I need to pick up some soft tofu after this! I only have medium and firm at my place and those just won't work for what I plan on doing." As he spoke, Chu-e gently placed his Budew on the ground again, easing her a little closer to the Sunflora.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 20:41:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

chunhau gently offered her leaf to the small budew as she was urged forward. certainly it would be easy enough to get her to come out of her shell when they were both grass types, right? it was easy peasy making friends so long as you knew what you were doing.

jinhai was focused on the artful deflection that the underboss had decided to do. he hadn't been lying but that wasn't the only point he supposed he was trying to make. deflecting was just as good as lying. "i'm a librarian. and i suppose a grass type aficionado." his also wasn't a lie.

he was a librarian in his day job and knew quite a bit about grass types. "not a lot of people around here cook with soft tofu... what are you making?" cooking wasn't his strong suit but he missed foods from home.

he missed how simple yet complex they were. foods from hoenn were just so much heavier.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 22:49:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The budew, for her part in this, sniffled but did totter forward. She hesitated before seeming to realize that the Sunflora was like her- then she quickly darted forward and pressed her tiny body against the other plant pokemon, still trembling. Poor thing. She was very scared! Everything was so big and so bright and so loud and she just wasn't sure what she was supposed to be doing. It was a lot for one tiny plant.

"I guess today's trip was worth it, even if I didn't get that book, then." He laughed softly at that. "Nothing too complicated! Just a soft tofu and egg mix that I can pour over some rice. I want to try something simple before moving on to the more complicated things."

Glancing away, Chu-e seemed almost flustered to admit what he was making.

"It's something my mom used to make a lot as a kid, too. I wanted to learn how to make it for myself."

@zhao
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2021 1:28:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the sunflower seemed pleased when the smaller plant came closer to her, gently patting the bud on the top of her head as she shivered. she wasn't sure why the pokemon was so afraid but she could at least make sure to try and help now. everything could be so scary when you were a baby pokemon. she vaguely remembered when she was just a little sunkern after all.

"there's nothing to be ashamed of when you're missing a taste of home. there's nothing in hoenn like what my mother used to make for me." he didn't like to think about home though, he didn't like to think about all the nothing he left behind. "it sounds delicious though. you'll have to eventually tell me if it works out."