2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 5:07:23 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait had returned from her brief trip to lilycove city, appearing to be in a better mood than when she had initially left. the supplies she had ordered to be delivered had been placed at her cabin's lawn, stored in large boxes that had been opened prior to her return to the cabin. the crates were large and sturdy, containing items that she'd need to tuck away into storage.

"
drowww."

as she dismounted her tropius, she was greeted by a toddling figure.  

"
hey, baby. where's daddy at?"

the question was directed at little pearl, the drowzee that her beau had gifted her. she'd been spoiled endlessly from that moment onward, cait having developed the tendency to fixate on the pokemon that the man had given her. even now the first gift - a weepinbell - enjoyed an easy life within the confines of her personal garden. 

pearl was covered from head to toe in a pink onesie, the pokemon little more than a babe but old enough to wander around on her own. cait lifted her up as the psychic-type pointed toward the cabin's door. her fighting-types and more physically capable pokemon continued to remove the items from the crates as she entered the home, a smile upon her lips as she relished the fresh coolness that washed over her skin. 

"sénon?"

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 19:48:04 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Sleep was becoming less of a recharge and more of an escape. The announcement from the league that got Cait in a subtle fury was swiftly followed by another announcement that drained everything but a scowl from his face.

A new name giving weight and context to his fixation.

Declan Walsh.

"We, the new Team Rocket, can help Hoenn achieve the same peace Kanto has achieved."

He'd worked himself to the bone in January, shooting himself to the top the Ranger's hierarchy. Anyone who had eyes on him before was given a live feed into why he was worth watching in the first place.

He'd had every intention of throttling back in February only to get the worst information he could have dream of.

Work had made his body tired and the news tired his mind. The word of Kanto seeing peace unnerved him even in his sleep. Even now he slept with his arms crossed, the corners of his mouth twisted down in unconscious frustration.

● tags: ,
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 21:14:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait had deposited the little one among her play things, pearl entertaining herself with a wide range of colorful blocks as the woman moved with a quiet grace into the bedroom. he was where he belonged - in her bed - tucked away comfortably within the depths of freshly laundered sheets. the sight of him resting put her at ease, but even now the line of his body was noticeably tense. 

for a moment she sat on the side he occupied, running gentle fingers through his hair and caressing his face. she worried as her gaze remained upon him, fearful that he'd fail to take care of himself in the coming days. a familiar voice slipped into her mind, an invisible connection easily made. 

- welcome back, mistress. we'll soon have your all of your items moved to the basement. - 

'thank you, hypno. and sénon? has he eaten yet?'

- i'm afraid not. if he has, it was something small. -

'i'll take care of that. tell me when the work outside is finished. and make sure they're careful not to make too much noise.'' 

she pressed a gentle kiss upon the man's forehead, cheek and then lips before moving to the kitchen to prepare something for them both.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 21:25:57 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He was still fully clothed when he came to, a tell of his mental exhaustion. The feeling of a kiss on his lips slowly brought him out of REM slumber and reverting from dream the circumstances of his life began to seep back into his thoughts pulling him out of his dream world until finally his waking conscious broke through again.

When he finally broke free from the gravity of slumber he turned to sit on the edge of the bed.

It took a moment unto itself to sort out what unpleasant moments were in his escape and which were part of his reality, to separate the dream world from the real world.

It turned out the Rocket broadcast was real after all, not even sleeping it off could wash the frown from his face.

With his face in his hands he exhaled deep and ran his palms up and over his nose forehead and scalp.

Standing up he stretched and yawned feeling the bones pop as he articulated them from the lightest form of atrophy. Hearing a shuffling in the kitchen he came from the bedroom to lean against the framing of the kitchen's entryway, watching his belle in silence.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 2:38:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she had made the decision of prepping a roast beef sandwich for sénon and a cucumber sandwich for herself, having been caught in the final stages of stacking the ingredients neatly upon bread that had originated from her personal oven. cait had been learning a few more useful recipes so she could more effectively remove the need to shop, aware there might be a food shortage in the coming days. 

'don't i sound like a doomsday prepper,' she thought, mildly amused. 

the woman filled two cups of glass with chilled berry juice, in the midst of placing them upon the table before she noticed the man. she startled a little, genuinely taken by surprise.

"
you scared me," she huffed, a hint of a pout forming on her lips. "... i was told you didn't eat."

cait gestured toward his meal and freshly poured drink. 

"
come and sit. i want to talk for a little while.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 2:50:51 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It was strange thing for the two of them to be in sync with any mood that wasn't passionately content or overtly joyful.

Theirs had been a relationship of almost exclusive ups and when one of them was drowning, the other only went down to bring them both back to sea level. This morning after he'd finished the Coordination routine and found out about the confirmation of Team Rocket, it had been the first time both he and Cait were drowning together; the both of them upset about things that had nothing to do with their relationship.

It was strange to feel isolated from the world with but one person to share that isolation with. Yet, as he came to grips with the reveal of one Declan Walsh and Cait exercised her frustration and wit's end with the "AQUA" initiative and the league's leadership, the two of them were united in their less-than-ideal moods.

This made it quite obvious when he watched her make him a sandwich that while his still quite soured, her mood had improved quite visibly.

He sat as she requested, expectant to hear something to make sense of why she left so perturbed and came back so, not.

Maybe AQUA had been scrapped, and Walsh was already in cuffs.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 4:26:28 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait bit into her own sandwich, hopeful it would encourage her male counterpart to do much the same. only when he had taken a bite did she begin to speak, setting down her partially eaten sandwich as she met his gaze.

"i've formally disassociated myself with the league," she said. "
i've hired a lawyer and the contract will terminated in a day's time. i'll lose out on a paycheck and a few benefits -... but it honestly needed to be done."

the woman paused to allow what she had said to sink in before pressing onward.

"
i'll be upping the security around here as well - so it's safer. that means my pokemon won't allow anyone who doesn't have my blessing to come in. seeing as they're familiar with you and your pokemon; you'd be one of the few who won't be bothered. with team rocket coming back in full, we'll need to be ready if they come around."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 6:57:56 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It wasn't a shock to hear that she dropped ties with the league. The mention of lawyers and security increases just made everything that much more official.

It was to be assumed Cait didn't agree with the idea of the AQUA initiative on principle but he wondered if she could have stood to gain anything by undergoing their "training". If any of the entities they called gods had given him their blessing he wouldn't have just allowed himself to be conscripted either.

He bit into the sandwich processing the flavor, it was so infrequently that he ate cooking that wasn't his own, he did what he could to savor such moments when they came.

"Sounds like you didn't get any good news or reassurances if you followed through on dropping ties." They hadn't spoken about her quitting the league but recognizing the odd spot they'd put her in he didn't need any guesses to figure out her course of action. "You came back less bothered than you were when you left."

Dropping ties might have been a bit of weight off her shoulders but his qualms with the breaking news still had him in a funk.

Even now as tasty as the sandwich was, Sénon ate to keep up his strength and so not to be wasteful. He wasn't hungry in the least.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 22:09:18 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it was no real surprise that he had noticed her uplifted mood, the man having just witnessed his companion flit about the kitchens with a smile upon her lips. cait took a bite of her meal, chewing slowly as she visibly mulled over her response to his observation. 

"i went to lilycove to speak with fernando silph," she explained. "
the conversation went well. i learned he's surrendering his council seat in favor of an advisory position."

the woman omitted the more private bits and pieces of the conversation, aware that it'd likely sour her mate's mood even further. and while her feelings for the silph was purely platonic, sénon likely wouldn't fancy just how close they were. cait couldn't fault him for harboring such feelings, of course.

"
he didn't disapprove of my decision to terminate my contract with the league. the resources promised in exchange for forging a contract with his company remain unaffected. so i'll still be receiving my monthly paycheck and benefits."

the woman polished off the remainder of her meal before picking up the plate and emptied glass and depositing them into the dishwasher.

"
i have no intention of participating in the new war. so there's no point in me remaining in the reserve unit anyway."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 0:02:58 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Listening was a developed skill. From the nuances in the sounds of one's pokémon in battle or play to the wording and tone of a customer placing an order. Listening was probably the most most major part of problem solving.

As he listened to Cait, she only just barely made sense of her new mood.

"So your Idol is quitting is his job but keeping you on his payroll." He put down the sandwich, at the mention of Fernando Silph. Nothing like an honorable mention of Cait's mysterious unrequited crush, whom now more signs pointed to him providing the very land they sat on, to tighten and shrink Sénon's stomach from empty to full capacity.

"That's good news, the latter of it." He didn't pretend to understand the ramifications of Fernando Silph leaving the council outside of potentially resources for the league becoming a bit tighter without the scion of the almighty Silph Co. on their board.

Still the 180º on Cait's mood didn't quite make sense and the only thing he knew for sure between her leaving and her coming back was that she had met with Fernando Silph. "It didn't seem like you were much worried about losing your monthly paycheck and benefits in the first place."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 0:44:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'he's probing.'

- is he now? - 

cait somehow kept her features from betraying her surprise, the woman having nearly forgotten that her mind had remained tethered to the psychic-type. which meant that hypno was privy to her thoughts until their line of communication was effectively broken. 

'i think he's worried that something happened between me and fernando.'

she detected hypno's amusement, the emotion vibrating through the link.

- he's a male, mistress. and you're his mate and likely the future mother to his children. of course he'd be wary of any and all competition. it's within their nature. and a reasonable enough response. - 

the girl's brows furrowed lightly.  

"i just wanted to be sure. and i'm also relieved that fernando won't have to endure the full ramifications of another conflict. if something happened to him, i can't imagine how upset stormy would be."

once the plates were put away, she'd claim sénon's used dish next once he was finished. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 1:19:20 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

She gave not even one flinch of the face in the face of his thinly veiled suspicions. Maybe there was nothing to be suspicious of; that she was telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Or, maybe the time she spent gambling meant Cait had a hell of a pokerface too.

In two possible realities playing out before them, he wasn't sure which one they were in.

Either they were in the reality where Cait had nothing to hide and she was profoundly happy Fernando wasn't in harms way for the sake of himself and his sister. Plus, a bonus in that she got to keep her business contracts with Silph Co. without being tethered to the League.

Or, they were in the reality where she was lying, her changed mood implied more than he knew and being worried for Stormy was just a deflection.

Stormy whom in the four times they had socialized brief or extended; never once mentioned her brother.

He'd spent far much more time with Cait than Stormy, so it hardly made for a fair comparison but it was still factually true that Cait talked about Fernando more than Stormy did. "Yeah, I imagine that'd be a grave loss, for Stormy."

He didn't have the power to travel dimensions or hop across realities, if such a power even existed. His mind lingering over the myth of the Spacial Renderer.

He was no god, nor one touched by a god. So he was stuck in whatever reality this one was; forced to use his own mortal discernment about Cait, or rather; Cait and Fernando.

Getting back to the sandwich, he suddenly ate it like he was starving, the plate it sat on devoid of any proof that there was a sandwich at all safe for a few crumbs.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 21:11:50 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

once the dishes were in the midst of being washed by the machine, cait poured herself another cup of juice. she drunk deeply of the tangy liquid before setting the glass aside, a quiet little sigh of relief escaping her as that lingering thirst was properly quenched. 

"there's something else i wanted to talk about."

suddenly, an air of hesitance surrounded her, the woman appearing to be in the midst of considering and reconsidering her next words.

"
about you and what's going to happen in the next few days, months or even years."

her mouth opened and closed before she sucked in a steadying breath.

"
i don't think you getting too involved is the best idea. i trust you to keep yourself and your pokemon safe. it's the league i don't trust. and the rangers are ultimately an extension of the league. there's no doubt in my mind that they'll fumble and likely cost us hoenn."   

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 0:19:45 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Putting the mystery of her mood away for now he took in her words in regards to the League and the Rangers and what was surely going to be nothing less than a war with the Rockets.

She urged caution bordering on abstinence. In a breath it was the right thing to do to protect her own interests. If she closed ranks around herself and her land, thus her pokémon and influenced him to stay here there was a chance within a year or two Rocket would be handled and the two of them would be well on their way to, or well rooted in, the next stage of their relationship.

It didn't make him feel good to consider her motives might not be the same as his own. For a while now they'd been so united that ones moves became the others moves without question.

Unfortunately on this matter, he had other responsibilities keeping her interests from completely lining up with his own.

"You would have me do nothing? Quit the Rangers?" If he throttled back or just plain left their ranks what would happen to the young rangers under his mentorship? was new enough to walk away but he'd made a career out of running into danger with a camera, now that he was doing it with pokéballs and allies, why would he ever stop?

and were depending on him in their development as new Rangers, leaving them to struggle and endure on their own felt like an echo of the bad leadership that got his starters killed on Cinnabar bringing him to lick his wounds and recuperate in Hoenn in the first place.

wasn't going to run, not if his traumas hadn't already made him do so.

and the established Rangers like and , the two of them would fly off in a moments notice throw themselves into the deep water.

might step away for the sake of his wife and children, and no one could fault him for it.

The rest of them?

How could Sénon turn his back on what was coming? "So what happens when Hoenn suffers the same fate as Kanto?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
settled in . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 4:26:51 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i realize - "

there was a pause that was eventually followed by a sigh, cait dipping her head as she pondered over how to bring her feelings to light.

"
- i'm perfectly aware that what i'm asking here is a lot, sénon. i'm being paranoid. i'm being overly protective. i'm being clingy."

the woman had been all of those things and more, chalking it up to a small miracle that sénon hadn't been driven away.

'because of me.'

she winced.

"
i just don't want to run the risk of losing you," she said. "i want to build a future together - even if it's just us."

cait shook her head, her gaze downcast as a plea entered her tone. 

"
would it be so terrible? we won't have to wait on the war to be over. we could settle - and maybe..."

her cheeks warm, the young woman's eyes remaining pointedly averted from sénon's.

"
... maybe consider a ceremony?"

the inquiry was presented in a volume that was barely above a whisper, a tremble there as she maintained her distance at the kitchen's counter.