slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
underneath
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 18:49:40 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
First and foremost I’d like to thank you for agreeing to meet with me, Mr. Ryder.

Had this been under different circumstances, Kim would be a little more hospitable, meeting the man somewhere more local, somewhere the two of them could sit and chat as if they were chums, catching up on the new and old. But the unfortunate truth of the matter is that Kim had been meeting Maverick on a more official note.

As such, the only place that Kim saw suitable for meeting was the leaders very own gym. Kim motioning for the two of them to walk about the facility as they spoke.

Do you know the reason that I asked to speak to you today?

There was no intimidation in his words. Kim was calm, cool, and collected, with a placid look on his face; the only betraying feature being a small smile that tugged at the corners of his lips.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
underneath
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 21:26:42 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

This was a unforeseen and anticipated meeting all at the same time. He was there. He knew what he did. And honestly if the league did their research properly before accepting him as a gym leader, they should have known this about him. That would mean that someone didn’t do their job or they didn’t care like he assumed when he was notified of the acceptance letter. Either way, the scarred man had a feeling this meeting wasn’t going to be filled with pleasantries or good news. Even as the Rustboro City Gym leader stood patiently at the bottom of the pit in his gym waiting for a counsel men to show up, he couldn’t help but let out a mixture of an exhausted and annoyed sigh.

His massive six foot hell hound sporting a beat up rapidash skull over her own could sense his change in emotion. She gingerly nudged his arm with her nose, forcing her master to shift his gaze away from the door to hers. Their gaze met, her orbs filled with worry while his filled with tension. A moment of silent conversion was held between the two, neither of them breaking away from each other. There bond so close it almost seemed like they were speaking to each other telepathically. Of course, they weren’t. Both stared at each other trying to read the other. After several minutes of silent stare, the canine let out a soft little whine. His broke the trainer gaze on her, head turned at the sound of a door opening. “It’s alright,” he mumbled to her as they faced the intruder.

His voice boomed in the gym’s open pit, Maverick warm crimson colored orbs locked on Kim’s as he moved closer to them. His expression was even, maybe a hit of aggravation if anything could be seen. His once soft liquid glow of his eyes turned almost midnight. Around them in the darkness of the massive gym, growls and snarls echoed around them. Several pair of red eyes lingered in the shadows, all of them on the human that apparently made their master uneasy. However, a simply raise of his hand made the unsettling noises around them halt. But this action didn’t make them do away, simply observe that conversation that was being held before them.

Maverick’s hand fell to his side before both hands slipped into his pockets. “I don’t really have a choice to do I,” he commented on his greeting in a low tone, both jokingly and passive aggressively. He didn’t mean for it to come out like that but like he was sure Kim expected, the gym leader was on edge. After all, why would he would want to speak with him unless there was something wrong?

When he motioned for Maverick to follow him, the man moved. Azula started to follow but a quick glare from her trainer indicated she should not. The canine let out a growl, casting a flash of her teeth as this man who was here before she turned to join her pack in the shadows. Once she turned, Maverick’s attention was on Kim once more. He remained unmoved emotionally, following Kim in his own gym.

His question did caught him off guard though he didn’t show it. He didn’t look at Kim to see his smile, he kept his gaze in front of him. “My only assumption was that the league was upset with how I was at the conference,” he started, letting his gaze flickered to him only for a moment to see his reaction (if any) before returning forward, “And I do apologize for that. I am not much of a social man let along, political. I thought keeping my mouth shut would be more beneficial than saying something that would be accidentally harmful to the league.” This was very true. He defended his gym and himself but said nothing else. Maverick felt like he had nothing else to say that would satisfy the media. What he said was true. He has been hard at work everyday. He has even lost both sleep and weight trying to keep up with everything the league and the city has been demanding of him. What else could they possible want from him? “I hope the leaders would’ve understand my lack of contributing to the media side was more than enough.”

for at rustboro city. mav is on edge! i love it! sorry for the delay!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
underneath
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 20:06:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim is quiet, allowing Maverick to stew in his own thoughts, an uncompromising look of impassiveness on his features as they continued forward.

It was only when Maverick came to a halt in his words that he spoke, the calm air surrounding him remaining stagnant until he began speaking, the ease of his words escaping akin to a breath of fresh air through an open window.

It’s the opposite in fact.” Kim states calmly, his features softening slightly as he continued. “I have the utmost respect for people who hold their tongue when they have nothing to say. While it would be easy to pick at your peers for their butting heads and acts rivaling a circus clowns, where such displays are an unneeded addition to leagues already crumbling infamy no less, it would be improper to do so.

A sigh escapes him, eyes rolling at no one in particular as a way of sorting himself out.

I digress. I’m not here to stoke any fires that have burned for longer than they should, but to snuff the embers that remain. And as such I would like for you to air out any concerns you have about our prior meeting. What’s on your mind, Mr. Maverick? Whatever it may be I will answer to the best of my ability.

Kim’s eyes adjust over to the man, quietly observing him as they furthered on

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
underneath
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:02:27 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Although unseen to the naked eye, a tidal wave of relief washed over his entire body when the council man soothed his worry. It was good to ear his decision to remain silent during the conference paid off. Yes, he could have spoke up more and joined in the rather childlike bicker that happened. But in his unexpressed press conference eyes, it seemed pointless for him to speak up. His next question Kim asked him twisted a puzzled expression on his face.

What was on his mind?

There was so many things at the moment. So many he couldn’t even think of them all. His gaze met Kim’s, shifting back to his placid mask. A chuckle escaped him, a hint of smirk tugged the edges of his lips. “I have many things on my mind.” The man paused warm gaze lifted to the opening in the center of the gym. “I guess the first of them is a simple one. One that could leave into further questions if answered properly.” A pause in an attempt to think of the right way to word his question. But in the end, he gave up and just let out a sigh.

“I know I’m one of the newer gym leader’s around the block. But, I seek more than being a gym leader.” His attention fell back to Kim. “Tell me Mr Councilmen, what is my worth to the league?” It was q question that could have many answers. But in the end, he had an answer in mind that he could only hope would lead to a bright future for him. "What am I, other the the gym leader, to the league?"

for at rustboro city. not the best but wanted to get something up.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
underneath
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 16:09:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Originally we saw Gym leaders as the representative’s of their cities- and in some cases, this is still prevalent- but as it stands at the moment and in the current climate, Gym leaders are headstrong individuals elected to protect and lead their cities in times of crisis.

His demeanor is cool and collected, each word spoken with an ease that accompanied.

That being said, as a gym leader you have a little more pull depending on the steps you take to further your career.”

“If by any means you aim for a higher title or one with more importance than the one you currently hold, you are more likely to be picked depending on the work you put in during your time as a gym leader.

Show you are capable and others will respond positively, such was a key component to Kim being in the seat he currently resided.

But if you aim to remain a gym leader on top of a governing body- of your respective city or otherwise- please don’t be shy to throw your hat into the ring.

Maverick seemed the type to be able to handle the workload that would come with such a decision.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
underneath
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 16:43:11 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

At the mention a possible higher position than being a gym leader, the man’s brow rose. This got his attention. Although he loved being a gym leader and it was his life long dream to one day be one, there was something about being an elite four that got his attention. He took a moment to think about Kim’s words before responding.

“I do enjoy being a gym leader,” the man admitted to Kim, offering a small smile to him, “It had been a life long dream of mine. And although the work load is much, I love staying busy.” The man paused for a moment as if he seemed a little troubled by something, his lips falling from his smile before he continued. “But I will admit, lately I have been seeking something more.” Again, he paused. Maverick couldn’t help his new desire and maybe, this could be his chance. “I have been working none stop and doing my best to prove to the league that I have what it takes to be here…. Can I ask you something?”

His warm crimson colored orbs met his, firm and filled with determination. “If I were to try to reach for the Elite Four spot instead of remaining a gym leader, would I have the councils support?” This was something Maverick has considered for a very long time. But the title wasn’t just giving to anyone, Maverick knew he would have to prove himself. He wasn’t afraid to do so. In fact, he loved the thought of the challenge. The man also knew that being an elite four meant he had even more responsibilities than a gym leader. And that in the next community meeting, he would be almost required to voice up if not forced. This was his only concern about being a Elite Four. He had no experience when it came to political matters. One of the reason he hasn’t considered becoming part of the council himself.

Maverick knew that regardless what Kim would say, he would follow his next goal in becoming an Elite Four. And after that, Champion. It was just nice to know if the council would approve or not.

for at rustboro city. not the best but wanted to get something up.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
underneath
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 21:16:44 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
I don’t know you.” He states plain and outright, no sense of malice in his voice.

, , , . All people I’m well enough acquainted with to properly endorse their claim as elites. They’ve not only proven themselves capable of handling challenges, but also capable of handling the stress said challenges bring. I know that when the time comes, and if need be, these people will be the ones that do what needs to be done thanks to the countless times they have proven this.

There is no bias in his words, simply truth. Kim holds not a single one of them more important than the other, despite the title held.

To ask for an endorsement from someone you barely know is a milestone in rashness, don’t you think?

A smirk sets on his lips, eyeing Maverick from the side.

That being said, I will consider your claim if you prove you can back it up.

He taps a pokeball to his side.

A 1-on-1. Your choice vs my Teddiursa. If you win in three turns then I’ll endorse you, if not, well…

Kim shrugs with an impish smile, a hand moving to rest on his hip as the other fell to his side.

What do you say?

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
underneath
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:17:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
underneath
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 19:57:13 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick listen to his words thoughtfully. Nodding when needed too and giving the man his full attention until it was his turn to speak. A devilish smirk spread across his lips and brow rose when the man offered a battle to settled the score. If all it took was to beat him, Maverick had the title for sure. There was no doubt in his mind. The thought made his heart race, knowing that what he desired was so close. But… what was the fun in that? Yes, he could beat him in a battle here and now and get what he wanted.

When Kim reached for his ball, Azula made her presence known. A low snarl ripped through the shadows, soon echoed by other sounds of protest to Kim’s actions. Maverick raise his hand, making the noises grow silent. In truth, the scarred man didn’t know if he could beat that man. He would like to think he could but it was true, they knew little about each other. The man let out a hard sigh, knowing what he was about to say and do would annoy him the rest of his life.

“I have to admit, that is very tempting.” He began, a sense of regret in his tone before his conference returned. “But if you say that I must earn the respect and prowess to become a Elite Four, wining a battle against you here and now will not be enough for me to accept it.” His gaze hardened, expression shifted in nothing once more. “I would rather earn it fair and square. Actually work for it then be given it. Although I’m sure I might regret this decision later, it goes against what I believe in.” He let out a heavy sigh, clearing he wasn’t happy with the decision but accepted it. “I hope you understand.”

for at rustboro city. WHY MAV?! WHY?! -cries-

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
underneath
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 0:30:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Every moment the man took in hesitation was a moment Kim would have to stifle himself, the councilman holding back chuckles as Maverick countered his argument with self-righteous words that would rival Kim's own in terms of pride.

In a sense, Kim could not help but think- “How predictable.” Refusing to air the thought in order to forgo dampening the man’s bravado.

Instead a smirk is presented, the hand which once perched upon a pokeball now moving to cover his lips in a semi-coy fashion.

Well said.” Kim spoke through parted fingers. “Truth be told an endorsement from me is not something to be won so easily; even if you did somehow manage to beat me.” He winks.

Honestly speaking, I just felt like sparring. It’s been a while since Uaid got a chance to show off in a battle.

A shrug follows these lackadaisical words, Kim turning his back to the man as a hand waves over his shoulder, steps slowly taken towards the exit.

Even with that all said and done, I’ll be keeping an eye on you- you might not be all that cute but you make up for the loss with that interesting conviction of yours.” His head turns, violet strands slipping to the side and parting as he did- a single amber eye burning its stare into as he peers over his own shoulder. “But for your own sake and mine, I’d hope that conviction you’ve shown sticks as more than a front to turn heads.

The heels of his shoes clack with each step taken forward, the councilman making his exit as he gives one last wave over his shoulder.

No pressure.” He says in parting- a Kirlia released and subsequently teleporting Kim out of the gym.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
underneath
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 15:37:43 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The burnt scarred man listened intently to Kim’s every last word though his expression didn’t show it. He couldn’t help but smirk mentally, knowing damn well he could make Kim eat those words about earning his vote. The trick was, Kim wasn’t the only man he had to impress. In order to get to the elite four position without earning it, Maverick would need all four councils vote and maybe even a few of the current gym leaders votes as well for good measure. Either way, that would be too easy to get. To him, that wasn’t earning it.

Even as the man turned to leave his gym, Maverick held his cool, calm, and collective standpoint. Brilliant crimson colored orbs followed his movements, arms crossed over his chest as he made no comment to his little speech. The phrase 'I’ll keep an eye on you' didn’t really bother him, though he let a stiff chuckle escaped him when the man mentioned that Maverick wasn’t cute. Is being cute the only way to impress people nowadays? If it was, then he was definitely out for the count.

The gym leader’s brow rose, watching as the man gave one final wave before disappearing out of this air. Once gone, the massive six foot seven canine emerged from the shadows. She trotted up to her master, her down gaze fell to where the man disappeared from. A low rumble of a growl rattled her chest. Maverick let out a sigh, turning on the dime to prepare for the next gym challenger. But as he strolled back to quarters, the man only made one comment. “Let’s see if Kim can recognize true greatness and worth over popularity and falsehood.”

for at rustboro city. end thread! yay!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
underneath
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 21:31:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: