Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Just Deserts [Gym Battle]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 2:32:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Think things will be wrapped up soon." Doug said while dragging his arm over his forehead, gulping as yet another jet of thorns was launched all about at close range.

Sidon could see it coming, but at fisting range, it hardly mattered. He dodged the few that he could manage, he got nailed by most of the rest, his wing span by now covered in the bloody things.

He panted harshly, and bared his fangs, his pupils slitting dangerously as time seemed to both speed and slow down for him.

Up on the 'stands', Doug palmed yet another imaginary mic as leaned forward, mouth opening wide.

"Oooh, seems like the Slateport's Scorpion is getting into the zone!" He said as he watched Sidon suddenly take yet another swipe at the Maractus cleanly, eyes wide and focused.

Gliscor Dodged 1 Pin Missile!(
Dodge)
(2/3) Gliscor took Damage! He is getting turned into a pin cushion!
Super mode activated!
Gliscor used fury cutter! (
Damage)
Gliscor is alert and ready for Theo's next move! (
Dodge)

tzxgKM4O

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 3:07:35 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

It wasn't Sidon's best attack. It was slow, dodgeable, and got him way too close to Maractus, but in this case it was enough. Not just enough, it was perfect.
    Gliscor broke through Theo's spines and cut another gash along his spiny torso. The cactus shuddered with excitement, his liquids flowing faster as he shunted juice and sap around his body. The flowers on his head burst into full bloom, showering Sidon with glistening pink desert petals that were dripping with dangerous sap. 

zLmVOsS8 +10
Maractus used Petal Dance (
Damage)

Damage)

Maractus was hit by Fury Swipes (2/3)
Maractus's 'Cactus Juice' activated - 3 actions
Maractus used Acupressure (Buff)
Maractus used Petal Dance (Damage) +10
Damage)

·
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 3:22:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"JEESE JAMES, THIS IS ONE HELL OF A SLUGGERAMA!" Screamed Doug while jumping in place as Theo exploded into a storm of flowers, petals spreading all about around the fighting duo.

But the Gliscor had prepared itself for this earlier. The adrenaline mode hadn't gone anywhere just yet, and even covered in throns as he was, the scrappy Sidon ducked and weaved through the close range storm, rearing back its arm for a furious cross counter!

"HE'S GOING FOR IT NOW!" Screamed Doug as neon energy covered both of the Gliscor's pincers, dual swipes swinging at Theo.

(2/3)
Gliscor pre-emptive dodge allowed him to dodge 1 Petal Storm!(
Dodge)
Gliscor Dodged 1 Petal Storm!(
Dodge)
Super mode activated!
Damage)
JkfgTRAa

Damage)

·
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 3:38:31 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The dual swipes ripped through the cloud of petals, slamming into Theo's body from both sides. The little cactus wilted, collapsing to the sands. There was a snippet of silence before Zac shouted out in excitement. "Now that's what I call a pincer move!" He shouted, as Minior zoomed in close to get a shot of the victorious Sidon. Zac returned Theo and turned to Doug, a silly grin on the big man's face.
    "Fantastic battle mate! Really came down to the wire," Zac said. He felt the weight of the biome badge in his pocket. There was just one more step before he could award it. It was time for the post-match interview. Having gotten the necessary shots of Gliscor, Minior floated up and panned to Doug. 
"So, Doug. Do you think you fulfilled the educational objective and used the biome to its fullest?Zac held out his imaginary mic for the youth's answer.

"What did you learn?" he asked next.

Zac finished up with the classic softball wrap-up, his wild grin spreading as he made no attempt to keep a straight face. "Did you have fun?"

Maractus was hit by Fury Swipes (4/3)
Maractus Fainted
Doug wins the battle!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 4:06:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"It's a wrap, ladies and gentlemen!" Said Doug over the invisible mic as Theo collapsed to a well deserved rest, leaving a wide eyed, disbelieving Sidon standing victorious.

His gaze moved from the unconscious Maractus to his own pincers, slowly blinking at both before Zac's and Doug's voice brought him out of his stupor.

A triumphant roar left the Gliscor's maw as he threw both pincers to the air, screaming to the heavens soundly.

Before dropping onto the sand with a groan, feeling all the thorns dig deeper into him on landing.

Doug flinched at that, before swiping his thumb under his nose, grinning wide.

"Waaay too close for comfort, that one. Jeez." Said Doug as he grasped his chest, laughing in exhilaration now that the tension had finally been released. "'Tween that slugger match and the meteor stunts, I think both yer old and new fans are gonna be in for a treat!"

He winked.

"'pecially with the flawless runnin' commentary." They certainly knew how to put a show in words, if he did say so himself.

Turning towards Zac, Doug's eyes fleeted over to Minior as he floated near them, blinking at the little guy with some slight confusion right before Zac launched into questions.

Oh, oh! Was he now part of the Special Gym Edition of Tip top trainer Talks?!

Grinning wide, Doug grasped his chin thoughtfully as he considered Zac's question, before shakin' his head and leaning towards the fist- er, Mic.

"I did learn quite a lot today, but I don't think I used the biome to its fullest potential!" He admitted, crossing his arms. "Rocko's raw power came straight outta nowhere for us, and he could use sandstorms even better than Guirus! Our plan to take advantage of the combined synergy 'tween Guirus and Sidon was in ripped to tatters by those space rocks!"

He laughed again, scratching the back of his head.

"My Drill Sergeant once said 'No plan survives first contact with the enemy', and I thought he was just quoting some movie he saw, but I think I'll be takin' those words to heart from now on!" He gripped his chin once again, scratching it as he looked off to the sight in thought, grinning. "We ended having get a bit creative with Sidon and the terrain alone. He's real good in the sand, but I hadn't trained him proper to take advantage of those strengths on his own. Still, we could force our sand veils with a lil' flap 'ere and there!"

He nodded, humming.

"Learned m'lesson awright. Look out, Zac, cause Guirus ain't the type to take a beating lying down! We'll be back to challenge Rocko to a rematch 'fore ya know it! Sidon too! He'll be all ready to make full use o' the desert! 'Tween Dig and Sand Tomb, I think he'll have the goodies to show our good teacher 'ere how much we've learned!"

The final question was the simplest one, drawing another big smile from the youth.

"Did I ha- Pffft! From start to finish!" He screamed into the mic, before throwing a V-pose and a wink to the Minior Camera. "Thanks for everything! Ya really know how to treat a guy to a good time, Zac!"

Gliscor screamed to the sky in excitement!

bGQJauF5

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 4:41:53 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac nodded, actively listening as Doug gave his answers. Good answers. The right answers.
"I agree that your usage of the biome could be better, but you were clearly aware of your surroundings and used them creatively, and to great effect," Zac said, remembering Sidon's glorious use of a sand wave to counter Theo's volley. "If you know how to use what's around you, then the world itself becomes an arsenal at your disposal."

"Relying on synergy in a 1-on-1 is hard, and I would suggest practicing Sandstorm with Sidon. If he had been able to whip up a flurry in that second half it would have been all over for Theo."
    Zac grinned as the youth struck a pose for the camera, and he did the same, pairing Doug's V-Pose with an his own double thumbs-up.
    With the glam shot captured, Zac reached into his pocket and pulled out the Biome Badge.

"You've earned this mate," he said, holding out the badge for Doug to take. "You battled well, and more importantly you displayed your mastery of the desert biome." Zac said. "Congratulations!"

"You're welcome back any time, Doug, and I'm sure Rocko and Theo will be raring for a rematch." 

Zac awarded Doug the Biome Badge!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 7:12:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: