1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
cleaning up [egf/mission]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 18:17:53 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Slateport City was where everything started for him in Hoenn. Just over a year ago, the man came here after his former home was deemed uninhabitable. You would think it would feel weird being at the play where his venture began. But for the burnt scarred man, it was nothing more than another memories. With everything that has happened to him over the course of his life, everything was just a memory that he files and tried to forget. Dwelling over the past was not going to get him anywhere. Yes, the past was what got him here but its the present and the future he needed to focus on. Sigh. The past was nothing but hard ship and chaos. Oh how he wished he could forget…

Warm crimson colored orbs flickered to the sound of waves crashing against the shore in the near distance, wingull screeched their cries as they flow over head. How has it came to his? Why was he here cleaning up trash on the beach when he had more important things to do like run his gym and keep Rustboro City safe? Was this the league secret punishment for his lack of political knowledge? The man had so many questions and guesses as to why they sent him here to clean up slateport beach. But in the end, they would probably never be answered. Besides, he was already here.

The waves pushed a old use plastic cup onto the shore before him. Maverick frowned, stabbing the cup with his long pointed stick and lifting it off the ground. He examined it for a moment, mostly out of boredom before turning to shove the garbage into a half filled back that was attached to his houndooms side. With his other gloves hand, he pushed it off into the bag before turned to find something else to pick up. To his disbelief, a worn out sea soaked pair of ladies lace underwear was what he found next. What the fuck? He grimaced, debating on whether or not he really wanted to pick it up.

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. mav is grossed out. xD thank you for doing this for me and thank you for waiting for my slow butt.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#A6918A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#A6918A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2021 1:55:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giselle had actually volunteered to help and clean up the beach. after all part of being a ranger was managing to get herself out there and actually helping. getting her name out there would make things even easier to rise up and get called on to help. she was going to prove that she was better than just being an heiress. arsene was more than willing to help her with this though giselle suspected it was because he was hoping to find something shiny on the beach. that was usually the reason that he tried to help her out with anything. but she didn't mind. after all at least he was willing to do something.

as she approached the beach, her little pokey stick and trash bag in hand she saw the person she would be working with. of course she knew she wasn't going to be out here alone but she didn't know who she would be working with. nonetheless she gave him a cheerful wave as his face contorted into disgust. "hello! i'm giselle authier and i'll be here helping with clean up today!" and as she said that she stabbed what appeared to be a torn open soda can and shoved it into the bag. it was kind of fun to stab trash...
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 17:55:53 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

While the burnt scarred man was dealing with internal debate on whether or not he wanted to pick up the used feminine undergarment, a woman’s voice rang out got his attention. His gaze lifted to see a smiling young woman waving at him who was to help him pick up other people trash for the day. The gym leader offered a small wave in return, observing her stabbing an empty can happily and throwing it away properly in her bag. Did she like picking up after other people? “Oh hey,” he started, his flickered to the underwear for a moment in the desperate hope it disappeared but disappointed it didn’t before he retuned his gaze on her, “It’s nice to meet you. Maverick is the name.” He turned back to his worse enemy, a scowl flashed on his face as he braved to carefully pick it up with the stick.

“What made you want to clean up garbage on the beach today?”

It was his attempt at small talk while at the same time, trying to distract her from his dilemma of handling the used piece of clothing. After a few failed attempts of picking it up, he finally managed to snag it on his stick. He carefully lifted it, being sure to keep it far away from him as he moved to Azula. The massive six foot seven canine held still, watching her trainer carefully drop the object in the bag that was attached to her side. He couldn’t help shivered that coursed through him, turning to attention back to the other trash that lingered on the beach. Maverick stabbed a balled up wrapper with the pointy end of the stick, moving it to drop it in the bag.

“Did you really volunteer to do this?”

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. clean up gang! xD

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 22:34:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
having been someone who'd had maids clean up after her for her entire life, giselle was happy to be able to give back in some degree. even if it meant cleaning up trash on the beach. after all, rangers were supposed to help with all sorts of things like this. it was what they did. so it was what she wanted to do. "if you want to work your way up you have to start at the bottom! plus, i don't think that whatever lives in the water likes this stuff too much." to prove her point she stabbed at some plastic netting. "do you have a knife?" she'd heard you were supposed to cut these soda things so that pokemon couldn't get trapped inside them but someone hadn't exactly done the job.

arsene didn't wait for maverick's response as he took it upon himself to break up the plastic with a quick slash of his claws. giselle still hadn't realized that pokemon were for more than just looking cute most of the time. something that she technically knew but still didn't come easy to her in application. "oh, never mind... arsene cut them!" she tucked the plastic into the bag and looked around the beach a bit. "of course i volunteered. it's fun to do shit like this." and again she stabbed another can, unaware or uncaring of the man's issues with cleaning the beach.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:54:40 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It wasn’t that he was ‘too good’ to do the ‘dirty’ work for the league. If anything, the gym leader felt like that’s all he ever did for the league now a days. It was more like he was ‘supposedly’ a ‘role model’ to the average eyes. And if he was a ‘role model’, shouldn’t he be doing more important things then cleaning up other peoples trash? Things like… role model things. A silent sigh escape him. Either way, the scarred man was here and he might as well get the job done he was asked to do regardless of how annoying or gross it was.

Before the man could even let her question register in his brain about the knife, her pokemon stepped in and took care of it. After all, who cares a knife? Her next comment got him to haunt to cast a glance at her while she stabbed a can. A bushy brow rose. “You find this stuff fun.” It was a very strange thing to find it to be fun. Maverick could think of a million other things to do that could be more fun than this. But then again, some people just had weird taste in fun activities. The man turned to stab a wad of soaked paper that was carried in back the crashing waves. It took him a few attempts before he successfully got it and transferred it over to the garbage.

In an attempt to keep the conversation going, the gym leader returned to a previous comment. “You said something about working your way up,” he inquired, a curious tone in his voice, “What are you trying to work your way up too?” Did she wanted to be a gym leader? Elite four? Champion? Or was it more, just a higher rank. This got his interested. Maverick was a gym leader after all. If she wanted to be one of them, she would have to challenge him one day.

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. sorry for the delay! not the best but wanted to get something up.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 15:54:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"i think helping people is fun, so yeah. this is fun. plus you never really realize what sort of things people throw away until you have to pick it up. makes you think about the things you throw away yourself." with that she stabbed at a shoe that had washed up on the beach. "i never would have thought i would find a shoe in the water after all before this." it was true that she had never actually worked hard in her life for anything before but that wasn't going to stop her from doing the most she could now. after all they were just getting started. 

"oh... just... up? i don't really know where i want to go but i do know i want to be a good ranger. and that requires hard work and dedication. i suppose up doesn't mean up really just... forward?" she wasn't sure how to really explain it. but she figured that was probably a good enough way. "i just want to be a good person, and that's enough i think."
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 19:13:36 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Her reasoning for cleaning up other people trash was strange way to think of it to him. But over all, make sense in some weird way. He didn’t make a face or made a comment. His shoulders rose and fell in a shrug, accepting her return explanation on her enjoyment. Instead, the scarred man found another pieces of garage that washed up on the shore. He stabbed it with his pike and maneuvered himself to shove the trash in the bag attached to his beloved canine’s side. The half full bag was already started to released a stench when he opened it. His gut tightened to bare it before turning away to listen to his company.

“Oh I see.” Everyone has their own goal in life. Not everyone has one completely figured out. “Well… I guess this is a good place to start, huh?”

Their conversation was cut short when a something rather large washed up the shore several feet to their left. It was hard to tell from this distance, but every once in a while it moved about as if something was in the tanged mess. Maverick was the first to spot it, motioning with a nod towards it before looking at her. “I think there is something stuck in that fishing net over there. It appears to be still alive.” Shoving the article of ripped of clothing in his tag, he made his way up the beach towards the mysterious mass. "Let's check it out."

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. sorry for the delay!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 8:51:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was hard explaining to someone that she had just met that helping people felt something like a penance really. she had spent most of her life not having to lift a finger and hiding behind walls in galar. something she was bound and determined not to do now that she was free of that. well, as free as she could be at the moment. she was still getting settled in and there was lots more to do. "oh no... we'd better get it out."

arsene ran ahead of his trainer, eyes focused on the wriggling mass on the beach. not out of any sense of duty or wanting to help but rather because there was a chance whatever was in there was probably edible. or probably had something good to grab. a flash of claws and the covering began to shred as giselle approached whatever it was inside. hopefully not too bothered or hurt.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:12:28 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The woman’s little fox was quick. It darted pass even him and thrashed at the fishing net. And when they arrived, a qwilfish flapped about. It puffed up, ready to send out spikes to protect itself. Maverick backed up, hands rose to cover his face from the projectiles. However, the little water was weak and flattened out. “Oh shit,” he cursed in a low tone, finding it odd that one of these were in a trap. Then again, these could be poachers nets. “We should probably get it back in the water and clean these nets up.”

Turning back to Giselle, he gave her a shrug. “Do you have anything that can either pick up the Qwilfish and move it to the water or something to protect us from its quills so we can do it?” Unfortunately, Maverick didn’t bring any extra pokemon with him today. It was unusual for him but he honestly didn’t think he would need it. After all, they were just cleaning up garbage. Can you blame him? “Or if not, we can see if there is anything on the beach that might help. Like.. a towel that had been left behind or something.” There was still a lot of trash that needed to be picked up.

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. quick reply!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 9:11:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she also didn't really have a pokemon on hand that would be able to help. but that wasn't going to stop her from getting the little water type back into the ocean where it belonged either. it would be difficult but she wasn't going to give up. "hello there, little guy. we aren't going to hurt you." she leaned down gently, taking her water bottle out and dumping the fresh water onto the ground. she didn't need it for now. "i'm going to get you something nice and refreshing." carefully she scooped up some of the salt water and returned to pour it on the qwilfish, watching as it puffed up at her, making a weird hissing noise as she did.

"see, nice cold water." while she seemed relaxed every part of her brain was screaming to tell her to run. after all, this was an extremely poisonous pokemon and one wrong move could land her in a hospital. and that was the last thing she needed. arceus help her she was about to need a lot of luck. "um... if this goes poorly please make sure to get me to the hospital quickly." as the pokemon relished being doused in water she quickly scooped it up with her hands, running towards the edge of the water as it began to inflate a little bit.

"sorry sorry sorry sorry." gently she tossed the qwilfish into the water as it finally got tired of her, puffing up as it sailed into the water but luckily not sending any their way as she did. "oh goodness... that was a heart attack waiting to happen." at least the little guy was safe.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 19:42:41 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

She was brave.

The trainer watched as she doused the water pokemon with water in hopes to keep it alive and probably happy. It seemed too amused, however, when she plucked it off the ground and made a bee line for the ocean. With the wild pokemon being a temperamental poisonous type, that was defiantly a risky move on her part. Even as she yeeted the creature back into the water and it swam away, he had to admit he was impressed with her valor.

“That was risky,” he mumbled to her, but over a small smile, “But at least its back in the water.”

Turning back to the managed ripped up net, Maverick began to clean up the mess. Snatching small handfuls of mess with his hands before turning to put it in the garbage attached to Azula. Once all the fishing line was picked up, his warm gaze turned to her. “I think that’s all of it over here.” His gaze shifted to the rest of the beach, eyes squinted to see if there was anymore trash they needed to pick up. “Do you see anymore that we need to pick up?”

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. quick reply!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 17:03:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giselle somehow managed to stop herself from collapsing when the pokemon was safely in the water. that was terrifying. but as a ranger she figured there would be things even scarier than that. and she needed to be ready for that sort of thing. "being a ranger is weighting the risks and taking them, isn't it?" at least that's how she viewed it for the most part. it was important to know that sometimes you just had to put yourself in danger. and she was fine with that. brushing the sand off of her hands she looked around the beach.

"i think we're pretty clean for now, but it'll probably have to be done again soon... people aren't very kind to the environment." and it was sad. their very own pokemon came from that ocean but they didn't want to make sure that it was safe. she hated it. "but i think we're done for now!" she was proud of the work that she had done today. and plus making friends was a good idea. friends were the best way to build connections for a better world.

sorry this took so long! HST and all that!!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
315 height
315 height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 19:46:05 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Warm gaze flickered over the newly cleaned up beach. It was something he hoped he would never have to do again. It was a waste of his time. But as the woman confirmed they appeared to be done, she had a point that it would have to be cleaned again. A hint of a frown tugged the edges of his lips. Great. “Well..” He said with a sigh before adjusting his weight, “There are plenty of others that can help with that.” He said it without thinking, forgetting that it could be taken rudely.

Maverick let out a cough, quickly changing topics hopefully before she would notice his statement. “I guess we can report to the league we are done for today.” The trainer turned to his houndoom, detaching the trash bag from her and sealing the bag with a knot. Once the bag was closed, the man hoisted the back over his shoulder and turned back to her. “Let’s go throw this away properly.” His gaze flickered to her bag before returning to hers. “Do you want me to carry yours?” Again, he bite his tongue. Although he meant to be helpful by the offer, it could be taken offense. “I mean, if you need help.” If this was a cartoon, a bead of sweat would be sliding down the side of his face.

for @giselle at slateport beach doing life's a beach mission for evergrande fantasy. you can turn it in on your next reply!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 18:24:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
everything was wrapped up nicely it seemed. she was glad that they'd managed to make the place look nice in any case. hopefully other people would end up getting into gear with helping keep it all up too. it took effort from everyone after all. "i'm sure other people will pitch in... after all, everyone loves the beach. so they should help take care of it." it was an idealistic way to look at it but she wasn't going to let that stop her from thinking it.

"here you go!" she handed over the bag of trash gleefully. she had no intention of hauling it all over the place. "i hope we can work together again, or at least hang out. you're a lot of fun." it was easy to tell he didn't want to do anything like this ever again but that didn't mean they couldn't be friends. "i hope i see you around soon!" scooping up arsene she was happy with a long days work. and ready for much more.

sorry this took so long! HST and all that!!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 4:32:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@giselle