awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
The New Age: Part 1
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 21:50:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar's red eyes stared out calmly over the remains of New Mauville. What was once a monument to innovation and possibility was now little more than a broken corpse. The Ultra Beast war left its mark on the area, leaving much of route 110 in ruin. Yet as he stood upon a jagged piece of broken cement, Oscar could not take his eyes off of what was to be his greatest endeavor yet.

New Mauville needed to be rebuilt, it was a common sense move for the CEO of Greater Mauville Holdings. Yet there was much to do before construction could begin, such as ridding the site of Electric pokemon looking to mooch off of the power plant's scraps. Oscar could have hired a crew to do this task for him, but there was no need to spend money on a job he could easily accomplish himself.

Which isn't to say he didn't bring help. He was accompanied by , who had her own interests in the area. As far as Oscar was concerned, she could do what she wished with the old GMH's abandoned resources. All Oscar cared about was clearing the space so that he may move forward with his own ambitions. 

He looked to his companion, smiling lightly as his eyes rested on her. "We've delayed enough. Time to get down to business, are you prepared?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 0:52:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: PRUNING THE POWERPLANT

During all of their exchanges, Lulu would have seemed like a subdued sort of individual. Careful, smooth, unaffected. Unaffected by the scent of a sick thrill, perhaps the way Oscar was.

Since they had last spoken, it would be apparent that there was something different about her. Lulu returned a tight-lipped smile, but one which pinched up at the corner with an unfamiliar roguishness. “Always.” For once in a long while, she seemed happy to be out in the field. “I have my whole team.”

“You know, I’ve been itching to see some action.” She generally stayed pretty holed up in the lab. “I have to say, I’m glad you keep wanting to work with me.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 19:59:03 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar shrugged, a smile effortlessly forming on his face. "Well I can't deny that I love your work. Plus I figured this would be a chance to get to know one another a bit better." Oscar pulled out a pokeball, tossing it up in down in his hand before opening it. From within came a Jolteon named Killer, who shook his pine-like fur and stretched as he embraced his freedom. 

Oscar gave Killer a pat on the head; affection came rarely to most of Oscar's pokemon but he just can't resist showing killer some love. It didn't help that Killer had an unhealthy obsession with attention, which he displayed by begging for pets from Lulu. Oscar rolled his eyes, "Hey focus, we have work to do." The Jolteon pretended to whimper as he turned away, knowing full well there would be plenty of time for pets later.

Oscar began climbing toward the ruins of New Mauville, carefully stepping over debris as he made his way down. Killer vaulted down with little effort, hopping from platform to platform and making it to the bottom before his human companions. As Oscar reached the ground, he would look up and stand by to help Lulu if she needed it.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 6:33:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

A corner of her lips sinched. “You haven’t seen an eighth of my work—but I’d love to show you.”

Her eyes scanned the rubble. To think she would have such a hand in what it would become. “This is by far the largest project I’ve ever been a part of in my… career of science.” Her brow furrowed as she tasted the words. She hadn’t until recently thought of it as such.

Through the dark web, at a young age, she’d had every important, respected work of academic literature at her fingertips—and she’d soaked much of it up like a sponge. Beyond coding, at first, she’d had little opportunity to expand her skillset. The Dragons had given her that, putting her to work developing weapons and other oddball technologies to aid their endeavors, until the day she’d been sabotaged and shipped off to prison. There, it had even more endless studies until her release.

She had always worked alone, with limited resources. It hadn’t felt very legitimate, especially with a consistent lack of positive feedback, despite success after success. Here with Rocket, she had materials. She had people working under her, eager to learn and reaching for progress beside her. There was recognition, even, for the first time in her life. Support. She was a scientist and she felt it, finally. “I’m grateful for it.”

At the Jolteon, Lulu couldn’t hide a smile. It was her favorite of the Eevee evolutions. She obliged in giving pets. “Hello.” Due to the bond she’d found with her Houndoom, she’d developed a soft spot for dogs.

She made her way down with surefootedness, sensible boots hitting the dusty ground beside him. A hand went to her side, retrieved a pokeball and released a Metagross from its capsule. ‘Meta..’ It eyed the Jolteon carefully before looking out into the ruins, its heavy legs crushing crumbs of concrete as it took a couple of steps.

“Shall we?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 22:09:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
After Lulu's que, Oscar stepped forward toward the ruins. As they neared the remains of where New Mauville once stood, Oscar could feel static lifting up his arm hair. Killer seemed to relish it, shaking his body as he trotted at his master's side. With static like this, it was no wonder this place was overrun by electric types. Speaking of...

Once a good ways in, Oscar snapped his fingers. Even though the ruins were open air, the skeleton and rubble of the power plants would cast daring shadows across the ground. Killer stepped forward, his fur rustling with electricity. After a moment he would bark, Discharging a large amount of electricity in front of them. The wave of electricity curled around the rubble, seemingly disappearing with no effect.

However, the seemingly pointless action would quickly bring results. A voltorb rolled into view, its body crackling with electricity. Magnemites and magnetons would rise from their hiding places, twitching as they starred longingly toward Killer. Oscar sneered, looking to Lulu with amusement. 

"The best way to draw out addicts is with their addictions. Let's clear this area quickly, we got a lot of ground to cover.

Oscar snapped his fingers again, and Killer would growl before firing Pin Missiles at the revealed pokemon.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 2:40:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Right.” It was a short response, his comment drawing no amusement. If he’d known her better, perhaps he’d been able to pick up on the distant ringing of the chord he’d struck.

Her eyes were glued on the pokemon which rose out of the ground. Had they not been here on such a mission, she might’ve spent time trying to capture all of them. Lulu liked magnets.

She also had wanted a Voltorb for a while, for the same reason that made her fear it in that moment. It rolled in like a bomb waiting for a trigger. She chewed on her lips, flat. Please don’t self-destruct.

Her eyes looked over to her boss. “You’ve got that one under control, I’m assuming?” It was sort of rhetorical, because, duh, of course he did, but… nudge nudge, that one’s yours. As the words left her lips, the Beast had already sprung to action—or, rather, his Killer had.

The electric fox wasted no time in firing PIN MISSILES at their invasive foes. As the projectiles homed in towards their targets, they would find them easier as the TELEKINESIS of the scientist’s Metagross held them levitating in place. The impact of each electric bullet pinged, dinged, and dented with unheard of accuracy.

“Well, that works.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 5:43:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
zapdos

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

genderless - ??[break]
??

UNBEKNOWNST TO MOST, a Zapdos roosts here on occasion. Recharging itself, or perhaps it simply finds the scenery pleasing. Nevertheless, you have disturbed its perch— and it will threaten you all before fleeing.[break][break]

you can not catch this pokemon[break]and it will make its escape.

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]
&
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 21:06:02 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar was oblivious to his companion's discomfort, far too busy reveling in the thrill of battle. Killer's lack of raw power was made up for with skill, his accuracy being nothing short of perfection. Or at least Oscar thought it was Killer's skill, that is until he connected the dots of what Lulu's metagross was doing. Oscar blushed at his foolish indulgence, quickly answer to make it appear as if he knew all along.

"H-hell yeah, can't beat that combo!"

As the first wave dwindled, Oscar would have Killer Discharge once more. The second wave of hungry electric types quickly appeared, and Killer wasted no time in dispatching them. In particular Oscar would have him focus on the voltorbs, Lulu's earlier comment not going unnoticed. The second wave did not take long to defeat, these pokemon were hungry scavengers and thus weaker than your average power plant dwellers. Oscar chuckled as he watched a magnemite float off in fear, "Well this is simpler than I imagined. I can't imagine there's many more, let's try again Killer."

Killer barked, letting loose a third Discharge. This time there wasn't an immediate response. Oscar leaned against some nearby debris, amused by the lack of activity. "Shit don't tell me we took them all out already." His jape was met with a call, a loud cawing that made his teeth vibrate. Oscar pushed himself off of the debris, "What the fuck was that?"

Static began to rise in the air, Oscar first noticing when Killer's fur very unexpectedly puffed out. He felt his own hair rising as visible sparks of electricity began to appear in rapid succession. There was a low rumbling from deep within the ruins, and then--

A lightning bolt struck in front of the group. The impact was unfathomable, nothing like Oscar had ever experienced before. It had struck several feet away, and yet the shockwave threw him against the piles of broken cement they had climbed down from. As Oscar pulled himself up, he felt a sharp pain in his rib. Was it broken? He could barely move, and his vision was so blurry. The beast held his rib, looking through the blurs that had moments ago seemed so familiar. "Lulu! Killer! Are you okay!?" It hurt to yell, yet he felt panic as his companions were not immediately visible. 

His vision began to clear, around the same time he heard Killer growling. He saw Killer first, bruised but seemingly fine. He was growling toward the sky, and when Oscar looked up he couldn't believe what he found. It was a bird, a giant bird that crackled with electricity. Its visage was incredible, a jagged mass of menace. Yet beyond his awe, Oscar felt fear. The purest fear, like falling from a great height and knowing you were about to die.

This thing was looking back at Oscar, and it wasn't pleased.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 23:20:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Fuck.

Her face scrunched with pain and disorientation as she slumped in rubble similarly, groaning and rolling up to life eventually. She’d landed better than he had. The light, however, had clearly been blinding for both of them. Fingers pawed at her eyes a bit, uselessly.

‘What the fuck was that?’

His words had come before the explosion, or whatever it’d been, but they were just now registering—as well as the rattling caw and the brief shadow of a very large bird.

“Not dead!” she called back, pushing to her feet and blinking, blinking, blinking at the ground. Eventually, she could see the concrete and all its damage once more. And, yes. Very large bird.

As her eyes went wide, so did those of her Metagross. It turned a glaring MIRACLE EYE on the Legendary, getting a very good look at whatever it was, and not letting go until it flew away--unless it decided to kill them instead.

Both staring dumbstruck, she would be the first to break the silence. “UHH—OSCAR?” 

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 20:01:43 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar heard Lulu but didn't know what she had said. He would attempt to reply, but his mind was entirely focused on the crackling titan that hovered before them.

"I...I...I..I..."

Reality had melted away, replaced with the certainty that this creature could evaporate the four of them with a mere thought. This was no ordinary pokemon, it was a force of nature given life. The raw primal essence of electricity, and they had interrupted its rest. The will to fight wasn't there, Oscar felt hopeless in the aura of a being this powerful. 

And then its expression changed.

It had softened its gaze, but its expression was still harsh. It was this shift that rocked Oscar to his core, filled his blood with a chill that overwhelmed him with an existential dread. Nothing is as horrific as a higher being's indifference. It was as if it were deciding that the insects that disturbed it weren't worth the mere effort of squishing. It was the ultimate humbling, never before had Oscar felt so small. So insignificant. 

And the league were keeping fuckers like this as pets.

The bird began to flap its wings, ever wingbeat throwing static into the air. Then with a final mighty caw, it outstretched itself to its full width. Oscar barely had a grasp over its full size before a flash of light blinded him. He yelled out as his eyes swirled blindly in his head, after-flashes dancing away his vision. His vision cleared, and as he looked up he found the bird to be gone.

Oscar carried his gaze to the sky. Clouds had gathered, calm yet oppressively. Wherever it had gone, it was far beyond Oscar's sight. As Oscar attempted to comprehend what he had seen, the clouds seemed to shift and swirl. Were they taunting him? A drizzle began, and drops of water broke the hypnotic spell of the vast sky. Oscar looked down, pinching the bridge of his nose as a headache crawled into his temple. As he lifted his hand, he would find Killer sitting at his feet, looking worried for his master. Oscar spared a smile, giving Killer a solid few pets before turning to look at Lulu.

Oscar's eyes were pink with exhaustion, as if they were holding back tears. He felt embarrassed to seem so weak, but he hoped she understood. In the face of incarnated nature, how could she not? Oscar blinked, his face growing red as he tried to appear alright. "I um--I don't know about you but I could use some coffee. Come on, it's on me." Without waiting for an answer, he began to scale up the debris.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Months past, and the debris of New Mauville was eventually cleared. In its place a grand power plant was built, a palace to display the revival of MGH. Its grand opening was a success, the public appearing in droves to take part in the first tours of the plant. It was a hectic day, but overall Oscar felt satisfied. 

As the sun began to set and the public went home, Oscar allowed himself a moment of isolation. He walked the halls of his plant, taking in his hard earned victory. At the very end of his self guided tour, he took an elevator to a private floor. There was only one room on this floor, and it only had one locked door with a key he possessed. He unlocked the door, opening it to reveal as spiraling staircase. He began climbing, carefully but with determined purpose.

At the top of the staircase was another door, unlocked with the same key. He opened it to gaze upon the plant's most unique feature, a last minute addition to the blueprints shortly after his trip to New Mauville's ruins with Lulu. At the very top of the plant was a fiberglass orb shaped observatory, filled with electronic coils. All were aimed toward a metal perch, bigger than any flying type could possibly find comfortable. The perch had a wires coiled around it, providing a small voltage. It would shock anyone that touched it, but for a being of electricity it would provide a warm comfort.

The top of the orb was open, electricity sparking around its perimeter. Normal flying types would be shocked trying to enter, but one would find it as simple and welcome as coming home. Oscar wasn't sure where that magnificent bird went, but he hoped that if it flew over Hoenn again it could rest easy here. 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 10:14:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu stared up at the sky, unblinking. Had they just seen… surely not… Were they that blessed? She wasn’t superstitious—but surely this boded well for the company.

“Coffee. Alright.” She returned her Metagross and followed after her boss, silent for quite some time. Lulu was exceptionally familiar with Kantonian legend, having called the region a second home for years.

Stories told it lived in clouds, not the ruins of a powerplant in Hoenn. “Oscar… was that Zapdos?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 2:04:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: