plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
can't tell one from another [s]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 23:13:06 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It's odd, being "summoned" by someone other than her recruiter. A bit nerve wracking too. What does one of head fucking scientists want with her dumb ass?

Well, Plank guesses she isn't completely in the dark. Unlike when her recruiter is involved, this summon came with at least some basic information. That being that it has to do with her mission smuggling Porygon a few week ago.

And oh boy, doesn't that just make it worse?

"I swear . . . if Ozaki fuckin . . ." she mumbles as she walk through the halls of the labs, chewing at her fingernail. If that fucking idiot got caught and it had got back to her. . . Well, they're both probably dead -- but she'll find some way to get her hands around the thief's neck before Rocket detaches hers from her body.

Man these thoughts are not helping her nerves. Plank's practically vibrating when she reaches the lab she's pretty sure she was supposed to go to. After taking a few seconds to shake the tremble out of her hands she raises a hand and knocks on the lab's door.

"Hey! Anyone in there!? Peggie Vela, reportin' or whatever!" she yells from the other side of the door because she can never just wait patiently, can she?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 10:45:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

She dreamt about a lot of things, lately—no longer just the typical killing spree, or lonely wandering in faceless crowds, feeling detached even in her own subconscious mind. There were people inside her head. Specific people. Rinc. Natalia. It didn’t stop there, though.

Lulu found that her dream world had evolved in contexts and themes, as much as her waking personality had metamorphosed. Faces like , , and began appearing to her, in flashes of flesh, in between perplexingly violent struggles with that did not match memory, but still left her breathless. She felt closer to her body, in many ways, than she ever had before. Trauma had injected strange, eternal energy into her muscles. It had also mutilated her heart in a way she would not immediately be aware of.

The cold wall that had allowed Lulu to run from lovers and friends and remain safe had been heavily fractured during an infiltration of her utmost powerful mental defenses. Like water through the fissures of a cracking dam, the true feeling of insatiable loneliness, pulled out of its compartment and thrown at her like a thousand files, would threaten to drown her. However, just as strong as there would be a desire to suddenly connect, she would be bound to lash out with explosive volatility.

She was operating on competing polar extremes. Lulu had been broken, for lack of a better word, and it was only so long before she started doing the breaking herself.

In the meantime, it was business as usual.

Her time being close with Silph, at least how she remembered it, had been nice. Primal, even. Enough to stir things she didn’t understand. Inexplicably, it all blended into blind rage and hatred out of nowhere. Driven by an unknown force, her mission to unravel the dangerous man had taken on a feverish, personal edge. For whatever reason, she had to bring him down. She felt it in her heart, and saw it in her dreams at night.

So, it was only natural for her to perk at the name when it was uttered within earshot by chance. Lulu had summoned for at once. For a moment, this took a front seat to space travel.

She remained in her chair when the knocking came. “Come in, Vela.” The door would open by the assistance of her Houndoom, catching the knob on one of its horns.

Her sleepless, soulless eyes stared up at the young woman. She would waste no time when the door shut behind her. “I hear you have at least one Porygon from Silph Co.”

The Houndoom moved around Peggie, and back to sit like a gargoyle by the side of the head scientist’s desk.

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 1:47:48 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Even after she's given permission to enter Plank takes just a second. Licks her lips, rubs her sweaty palms down the front of her sweatshirt, and then opens the door. Does her best to look not-so-scared-shitless when she strides in and swings it shut behind her.

It's hard to do that with the way the head scientist opens this . . . what is it? A conversation? Feels a bit more like an interrogation. The tone feels serious and those eyes trained on her don't do much to help. Neither does the sentry on duty.

Plank spares an anxious glance towards the Houndoom before taking a thick swallow and speaking.

"Uh, well, I dunno if I'd say I have one," she starts, careful to put the emphasis on "have" and not "I". She may not give half a shit about Ozaki, but if it becomes clear she swiped a Porygon it's not going to do her any favors, "A week or so ago, I think, I was given a mission t' uh . . . move a cou-- t' move one. Uh, ma'am."

She bites at the inside of her cheek when she trips on her words.

"And I did. Move it, that is. Delivered safe 'n' sound t' the buyer."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 6:53:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

Lulu followed the girl’s eyes to her hound, and thought for a moment to dismiss her visible nerves but decided against it. She’d use it to her advantage.

At the slip, the head scientist’s eyebrows raised beneath her bangs. She was silent for a moment, the corners of her lips turning down the smallest hair. “Smooth.”

A hand held her own chin, as though thinking a moment before she reached into a drawer and retrieved a pokéball. Pressing the button on the capsule, a Solrock was released. It hovered over the woman’s shoulders with eery red eyes which bore into the young . “Are you sure?”

She rested her elbows on the desk to lean in towards the young grunt with an equally commanding stare. Nothing would stand in her way, especially not some garbling, green-horned idiot. How old was this kid, anyways?

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 7:33:16 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It figures, that she couldn't get away with a mistake like that. Honestly it would have been more of a shock if the head scientist had missed it. Still, being stuck in this trap of her own design is . . . shit. But, not all hope is lost.

Plank licks her lips. Thinks for just a second. If she works through this in the right order, with the right words, just maybe everyone walks away alright. Just have to breath.

Just like a bad day at sea with dad. Just like getting caught below deck where she didn't belong.

"The job, it was t' move a couple Porygon initially," own up to the mistake, look apologetic while you do, "but while we were movin' 'em there was . . . problems. Mistakes, t' be frank. We lost one out on the water. I was in a rush 'n' I ran up on some rocks 'n' . . . well it's a miracle we didn't lose both of 'em."

Plank's eyes are trained on the ground as she lies through her teeth. She adds a fake tell, kicking at the ground, to her natural signs of anxiety (the way her hands tunnel so deep into her pockets the outline of her fingers show, the way she sweats and chews at her cheek).

"When we got t' the client we, well we lied to 'im," she lets out a heavy sigh and furrows her brows before looking up, peeks at the Solrock nervously (doesn't have to play up the way it makes her shiver), "Told 'im the deal was always for one instead of two. He bought it. Paid us what we were owed even though he was gettin' shorted."

She blinks her eyes a couple times quickly. Clears tears that aren't quite there.

"I'm sorry ma'am, for lyin'. I was hopin' it would stay a secret since we got away with it, but like ya said . . . smooth on my part."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 12:50:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

Lulu squinted at the teen. Ran up on some rocks? Her head shook a little, the look in her face refusing to be fed Plank’s riveting tale, true or not. She didn’t care about the story. And, by the looks of it, it was just that.

Her weight was shifted on her elbows some. “You look like a kid, Vela.” Fingers stitched together as she looked at the girl with wild eyes. “That won’t stop me.”

Silence passed through the room and her green-filtered eyes were vicious and cutting. “Someone really ought to teach you how to lie better if they expect you to last around here.”

The Solrock, as bonded to its trainer as it was, sensed her tone and loomed closer to the girl in the chair, staring hard all the while. Pink, psychic energy began to swirl around it some as it did so. Lulu’s shoulders rolled and softened after a moment, and the energy faded. She was getting ahead of herself.

Look. She would level with her. “I’m not going to take it away from you. I just want to see it. Take a peek at its software.” She crossed her arms, leaning back some. She was off the record, right? “Quite frankly, I don’t give a fuck what you do.”

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:48:41 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Well damn, she thought she'd done a pretty good job on that one.

"Well I'm not a kid, so feel free," she shoots back, a play against her favor she probably shouldn't make; but she just can't let a moment to step in it pass untrodden on can she? To her young mind there is nothing worse than to be condescended to. Underestimated. Even if it's wholly appropriate.

The Solrock moves and Plank's eyes snap to it. A spectral mist swirls about its body and her fingers go from simply burrowing into her pockets to feeling inside them. They find pokeballs. Don't do more than brush over them for now.

Battling a big name in the HQ is probably suicide, but she's getting the feeling most choices she could make right now are.

"I'm not lyin'," she says, voice as steady as she can get it.

"I don't have one," she repeats, thankful for the opportunity to speak without getting caught in a lie for five seconds, "I don't steal cargo, 's bad for business. Don't even know what I'd do with a Porygon. Too brainy for me."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:33:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

The woman’s head tilted to the side, the space between her brows wrinkling visibly as her bangs fell away for a moment. Please. You’re the greenest damn thing I’ve seen on this sub, yet. It’s a wonder how young they’ll pluck you off the streets, but to be honest with you Vela, I don't give a shit.”

She needed answers. She needed a reason to attack Silph Co. These feelings that she harbored for were things to turn away from, surely. They were weakness. A warning sign. She would fight it off, tooth and nail. Until she saw him, again, of course. Felt his skin…

This was why she needed him gone.

Her eyes flashed to the girl’s hands as they became more buried. Get your hands out of your bloody pockets, Vela. Don’t be stupid. Surely you don’t want to die this young.” Her tone was razor-sharp.

She raised from her desk, going to sit on it closer to the girl and look her in the eyes more severely. It would then be clear that the Solrock loomed only as a bluff; meant for intimidation. Lulu, even now, was not quite bold enough to fry a grunt’s brain without permission—not this soon after her promotion, anyways. She still needed to feel out the extent of her power.

There was a long moment of silence. She crossed her arms, her jaw setting in annoyance as she begrudgingly accepted defeat to a child. She eyed down her nose at her. Plank would surely be unable to see all of the similarities they shared; Lulu in her younger days, before all of this, that is. Amidst her anger, Lulu failed to note the impressiveness of the girl's resolve. Was she, perhaps, telling the truth after all? It was a possibility that nerves in the face of a superior were merely making her appear suspicious. 

“Unfortunately, I can’t force you to tell me.” She sighed disdainfully and then pushed back off the desk, walking back around it once more to retrieve a cigarette and lighting it unabashedly. She blew smoke, still visibly irritated. “But, if you should change your mind and decide to quit lying, you know where to find me. Your contribution would not go unrewarded.”

Maybe. It probably would, though, in all honesty. Lulu was not above playing dirty, nor lying through her teeth to achieve a goal. She was a Rocket, after all.

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 20:51:05 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Plank bristles under the head scientist's evaluation of her. Her lips draw back and she sneers in the face of it.

"I didn't get plucked outta nowhere," she snarls.

Misplaced pride almost makes her defy the woman's order that she pull her hands out of her pockets. Nearly gets her to twist it -- come out without her hands empty. Prove she's not afraid and that she isn't just some green grunt she can push around.

Plank's angry, all these insults have lit a fire under her and it's only sheer luck that keeps her from burning herself on it.

Her hands pop out of her pockets empty. Are held up mockingly for a moment. She wiggles her fingers before dropping her arms to her sides.

When the older woman moves Plank startles ever so slightly. Her body hunches forward, her knees bend just a little. A defensive stance. Instinctual. But nothing happens. They just glare at one another as seconds pass between them in silence.

Slowly Plank returns to standing straight, crosses her own arms over her chest.

"I told ya, there's nothin' t' tell," she says simply, still scowling, "but I can drop a line for ya if you're so bothered about the lost cargo. It's rare a supplier only gets their hands on somethin' once."

It's a peace offering. The best Plank can extend. But it's not pure.

"Of course, assumin' those rewards would still be in play," she continues. Scowl turned to a devilish smirk.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 2:26:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The way the girl’s body drew in on itself instinctively was a movement Lulu recognized. She could pick it out when others perhaps wouldn’t notice. A lack of empathy did not erase her own experiences. It was little more than noted, however; a meaningless detail tucked away. It wouldn’t save the girl in any minor stretch.

The scientist took a drag from her cigarette and blew it out the side of her mouth, glaring. A long moment of silence passed between them. Lulu neither believed this kid, nor had she any intentions of rewarding her at this point. For anything.

After a long breath, she cleared her throat. “Get the hell out of my office.” A finger tapped the ash off her cigarette into a tray, hidden inside a pulled-out drawer. She raised her brows at Plank expectantly.

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 4:05:44 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The smirk on Plank's face widens just a bit at Lulu's demand. She couldn't care less about her olive branch being shot down, this is almost better. Definitely better. The curt dismissal and lack of consequences -- It feels like winning.

"Suit yourself," she replies, unbothered. With a shrug she turns to walk towards the door. Opens it and leaves without ceremony. Is even nice enough to close it gently once she's out in the hallway.

One thought crosses her mind as she begins to pad leisurely down the hall; but she knows better than to voice it until she's well out of earshot.

"What a bitch," she says with a laugh.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 9:37:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: