amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
looking for a story of a kid i’m sinking in. older, stronger, wiser -- think I am, i think i am
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
searching for something [s]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 23:37:26 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The last of the moving vans rumble down the street and away from Amalia's apartment, seen off by a lazy wave and a muttered "thanks" before she turns around to look in through the door. Boxes line the floor, pile up to the ceiling in places. Furniture lays in the proximity of where it will eventually settle.

She knows she should get to putting on the final touches. Push her bookcase into place, pull her couch to a more central place in the living room, etc. Maybe unload some boxes (but probably not, more likely than not most of them will stay full until she finds need for their contents). Amalia knows this, but dammit if she's going to do it.

At least for now.

There's more interesting things to get a start on; and with the sun just starting to set now is the perfect time. She throws a dark coat over her cream turtleneck and brushes down her jeans with her hands before slipping on her boots and walking out the door.

As she crosses the threshold a weight settles on her leg. Slight but noticeable; and while she walks out onto the street she feels it climb and climb. Up her calves, to her thighs, 'round her butt, and across her back to her shoulder before it settles with a soft "huff" in her hair.

"Pleidas, I told you to stop climbing up like this. Ask and I'll pick you up," she scolds her Cleffa lightly, reaching into the breast pocket of her jacket to pull out a pair of sunglasses. Despite the impending dark of night she slips them onto her face and then pushes them up into her hair. She just feels naked without them.

"While you're up there, keep an eye out. See if you can't find me a poor soul to bother," Amalia instructs before beginning to scan the quiet town herself, "I need directions."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #E04141[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 10:03:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

With a newfound interest in space, Lulu had come to Fallarbor Town to seek out an expert on meteorites. Having a Solrock and Lunatone of her own, she figured she ought to know more about what was already at her fingertips.

The powerful psychic energy of her Gardevoir TELEPORTED them into town, on a street beneath a low setting sun. She didn’t immediately return the pokemon. Instead, it floated along at her side gracefully. She wasn’t entirely sure of where she was going. Really, this was likely to involve a bit of poking around. Asking for directions, maybe?

She retrieved a cigarette from her coat and lit it as they wandered somewhat leisurely, unafraid of the impending dark. A short way down the road, they would cross paths with a woman in a cream-colored turtleneck whom she could only describe as astute-looking.

She took a bet that the woman knew what was going on around these parts.

“Hi, there.” She approached with a respectful ease, minding how bold she might’ve looked flanked by her powerful companion. “Could you give us some directions, maybe?”

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
looking for a story of a kid i’m sinking in. older, stronger, wiser -- think I am, i think i am
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 20:24:21 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Pleidas spots the approaching woman before Amalia. The Cleffa gives a little, excited squeal and tugs at her hair to try and turn her head. Look Ma! I found someone! Just like you asked!

"Yes, yes Pleidas I'm looking. Please calm down," she says, voice caught between amusement and irritation. This excitability is exactly why she keeps the Cleffa around; but still it's a bit much at this hour of the day, on moving day.

"Hello," Amalia replies, the barest of smiles on her ruby lips. A slight quirk at the edges that somehow still manages to crinkle her eyes at the corners.

She takes her time giving the stranger a once-over while she asks her question. Runs her eyes leisurely from her head to her toes before giving the Gardevoir a curious look.

Not a pokemon she's especially familiar with, but it's hard not to at least acknowledge a pokemon with the presence its species finds so natural.

A beat too late she turns her eyes back on the other woman. Looks her in the eyes and smiles just a little wider. Flashes a sliver of teeth between barely parted lips before speaking.

"I am so sorry to disappoint, but I haven't the slightest idea how to get anywhere," Amalia says, "I've only just moved myself, and was quite hoping to find someone who could give me some directions to a local landmark."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 6:35:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The Gardevoir regarded the woman with the coolest of smiles.

Lulu watched the woman as she spoke, squinting through a gust of wind which ruffled her obsidian bangs and showed a pale forehead and thin, arched eyebrows. She snorted lightly at her luck and then looked up the street, taking a long drag of her cigarette. “A landmark? Are you lost?”

She was never good enough at reading people. The smallest smirk tugged at the corner of the scientist’s lips. Feeling a wild hair to be helpful for once, she pulled out her phone.

“There’s um…” A thin finger went to swipe through a map, her other hand pointing northeast. “The Concert Hall. That’s probably the biggest thing here; up that way.” She swiped a few times more meaninglessly and then pocketed the device. Unfortunately, it didn’t give directions to meteorite expert’s houses. For some reason, she’d been unable to locate the specific address.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 8:33:20 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The wind whips by and stirs the air. The familiar smell of cigarette smoke wafts between Amalia and the stranger. She takes a slow, subtle inhale when it drifts by her. God, a cigarette sounds good now. Always goes well with conversation.

"Mmm, no, not lost," she replies. Her voice is smooth, trails off towards the end.

While the other woman pulls out her phone, Amalia reaches leisurely into the right pocket of her jacket. Comes back with a red box and flips it open. A second later she's got a lighter between her fingers on the same hand. She's lighting her first Winston when the phone goes away.

Takes a long, easy drag before speaking up again.

"No, no, sorry. I should have been more specific," she apologizes, perhaps insincerely, smoke dripping from the corners of her mouth, "I'm looking for a nearby landmark, not one in town. Meteor Falls? I hear it's a place of . . . exceptional interest as of late."

She pauses and sucks at her cigarette again for just a moment. Contemplative.

"Something to do with the war I think, if that helps?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 10:18:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu eyed the woman for a moment. There was something about the company of another smoker which set them apart from others. Perhaps it was that they were both in the portion of society willingly killing themselves, slowly. It was a touch of darkness. An edge. They shared it.

Mention of Meteor Falls was definitely interesting, as was that of The War. She had battled at Mauville, rather, but it still perked her ears.

“Meteor Falls?” Her curiosity was in no way veiled. Her jaw tilted at the woman. She glanced at her Gardevoir, and a moment of silence passed. Perhaps they were communicating, silently. “We could take you there. It was actually on the list to stop by before we left town. Although, I’m admittedly curious. What about that place draws you?

She took a drag, her eyes narrowing interestedly at the woman as she did so. Also, why go so late in the day? It was nearly evening.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 10:31:59 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Mmm," Amalia hums affirmatively at the echo of the location's name.

The response from the woman is promising. Amalia flicks the already drooping, burnt edge of her cigarette towards the ground while the other woman takes a moment to stare at her Gardevoir.

It's weird! But spend enough time in academia, especially her eccentric corner of the place, and weird struggles to do more than amuse.

Amalia properly smiles when the woman looks back and offers to take her to Meteor Falls. For just a moment all her teeth are on display, as her excitement peaks, before vanishing behind the more modest smirk from earlier. Her eyes crinkle as she speaks around it.

"I would greatly appreciate it if you would," she says, "and I would be more than happy to explain my 'draw' to the place while we're en route."

After she says this she reaches up with one hand, the one not occupied with a burning carcinogen stick, to pluck Pleidas from her head. The Cleffa had long since started to sag into her hair. Is still lightly snoozing as Amalia makes to cradle her in her free arm.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 2:50:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The hot end of her cigarette was pinched from paper and fell to the ground in embers, while the filter was flicked into a nearby trashcan.

“Won’t be much time for that.” Lulu said simply, and without missing a beat, the Gardevoir reached out to the other woman’s hand. Their bodies would disappear from the street, only to TELEPORT out of town—into the post-war, blood-stained craters of what remained of Meteor Falls as Hoenn had once known it.

Lulu had not seen it since before The War. She looked down as they stood at the edge of a deep chasm, torn through the earth, surely by some desperate attack of immense power. “Well. Here we are.”

She was otherwise speechless, reliving things, despite this not having been her front.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 0:47:43 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Cleffa in one arm, cigarette held tenderly between fingers on the opposite hand, Amalia raises a single curious eyebrow at the other woman's response. There's no time to question it, though. The Gardevoir lays a gentle hand on her (near where Pleidas sleeps soundly) and the world shifts.

TELEPORTING is a novel experience. The way the world blurs, not like you're moving too quickly but like reality itself is warping into itself around you. The odd sensation that accompanies your body slipping somewhere else. Not quite the plane it usually inhabits, not quite a different one. Just somewhere else.

The fact that her cigarette is still lit when they arrive at their destination. That Pleidas seems unbothered by their movement. Doesn't even stir.

"I've always wondered how that works," she notes idly, placing her cigarette to her lips. Suddenly removes it without inhaling.

"Oh this place is lovely," she breathes, eyes suddenly wide, "and just at sundown. I wonder what stars we'll see first . . ."

Like a child she stares up at the sky with that wide smile from earlier plastered onto her face. Her cheeks dimpling and her eyes crinkling at the corners.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 15:47:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The corner of her lips hitched as the nonconsensual teleportation was taken with such utter coolness. “First time?”

But the attention was already on their new environment. Her eyes didn’t settle on the marred earth like Lulu’s did, however. Rather, her attention was on the sky.

It was getting dark. If this woman was here to merely stargaze, perhaps she should be on her way. Leave the woman with directions to find her way back. All she’d wanted to do was a take a gander, really. It was here. It was torn up, still. Confirmed.

“Did you want to come here to look at the stars?”

Her eyes went up to follow her company’s gaze. Lulu had been actively familiarizing herself with the night sky more, soaking up theories of astronomy and cosmology. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to take a break and simply enjoy the view for a bit.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 21:41:12 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]A dark curtain slowly falls over everything as the afternoon sky gives way to night. The oranges and reds of the sunset are overtaken bit by bit by purple and a blue so dark it can easily be mistaken for black. Amalia never gets sick of watching it. Is never less entranced than the last time.

It almost distracts her from the question asked of her.

"Ah," she snaps back into the moment, almost like an actor caught out of character. Her posture straightens ever so slightly, the open wonder on her face is reigned into a more tempered joy, and her previously forgotten cigarette finds its way back to her mouth.

Amalia takes a long drag from it. Centers herself.

"I suppose," she replies on an exhale, "I won't be able to keep myself from stargazing for at least a short while, but it's not the main reason I was so eager to come out here, no."

Finally her eyes leave the sky to look at the other woman.

"I am quite interested in the phenomena associated with this location. The old and the more recent," she continues, "I don't expect to go cracking their origins in a single night, but I am hoping to get the lay of the land and maybe see if there are any obvious places to start."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 21:32:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Night fell and stars glittered in both of their eyes, regardless of the direction of their gazes. They were everywhere, bright like white hot fireworks frozen in time. Beautiful.

So, this woman was here to research. Interesting.

“Phenomena?”

Meteor Falls had always been a place of interest to the lab. Attempts to extract different types of useful elements from the meteorites were growing in frequency and vigor.

Her hands were pushed casually into pockets and she looked back at the woman. “What sort?”

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 23:08:00 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Amalia nods in response to the other woman's question.

"Yes, phenomena," she says with a smirk and curious eyes. The stranger's interest is picked up on easily enough. The way her postures shifts. Amalia has watched many a scientist affect casual interest when a tasty topic saunters by.

"Meteor Falls is one of only a few places in the world where extraterrestrial pokemon have appeared naturally," Amalia continues, turning her gaze back to stars again, "Solrock and Lunatone landed here within the last few decades. It makes it a location of great interest to me. All the greater for its more recent involvement with invaders from beyond the stars."

The latter part of her statement is hardly as compelling as the first. The aliens that invaded Hoenn struck all kinds of places, but unlike other locations with clear targets Meteor Falls is just . . . A place. At least until you dig for stories about the conflict here.

A meteor, shattered, its remains being researched even as they speak by League officials.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,276 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 8:12:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Ok. Now, she was really interested.

“Hm. I never realized. Just two months ago, I caught a Lunatone of my own out here.” Lulu had proceeded to use its powers on herself for medicinal and recreational purposes. “Strange creatures.”

“I’ve got a Solrock as well. Had it out with me here when we ran into it. The two sort of… danced around each other, as though they were connected, immediately.” She’d had every intention of studying them with , however, they’d both been plenty busy with other work.

She eyed the woman discerningly. Researcher? Hobbyist? She couldn’t quite tell. She decided to continue poking around.

“Would you like some company for a bit? I’d love to pick your brain on the subject.”

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 23:14:15 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Amalia smiles as she gives the other woman her attention throughout her story. A polite expression, colored around the corners by just a bit of genuine engagement. There's nothing new to glean from what she says, but Amalia loves the topic enough not to mind.

"Yes, that behavior isn't uncommon. They're like siblings. A natural pair. Much more so than most other pokemon you'll find given they're not native to our world," Amalia replies, tone friendly and conversational, "My own pair aren't much different."

As she says the last bit she flicks her cigarette to the ground and stomps it out. Reaches into the pocket of her jacket with her free hand and feels around for two pokeballs.

"Canopus and Antares," she introduces her pokemon before releasing them.

The Lunatone and Solrock appear in flashes of white light almost blindingly bright in the increasing darkness. Immediately they seem alert. Fascinated. Even Antares, who usually struggles against lethargy in the night.

As her companion described, they circle one another. Once, twice, three times before floating off in opposite directions.

"Feel free to stay. Pick away. I owe you for the trip," she says with a light laugh, watching her pokemon soak in the locale.