2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 22:50:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The frantic nature of Angelo's tight grasp around her hand belies the neutral expression that he wears so naturally. Skyler's seen inklings of what lies under the surface, becoming familiar with the riptides that lurk beneath gentle waves. All too eager to play in the dangerous tides of his moods that match her own so well...

This is one, however, that she would rather not see again. It is far too close to desperation for her taste.

Skyler can only guess at the thoughts that bring forth that reaction, especially as his eyes latch onto where his hand now covers the fragment. She wouldn't be surprised if they mirrored those she'd once had: to vanish the cursed object and its siren song, to send it into the depths, as far away from her sailor's wild soul as possible so that she would not be tempted by the ferocity of its call...

But like calls to like - and she could no more ignore the restless hunger in its depths than she could her own. And if that brought her a swift end at the bottom of the sea? Then so be it. Skyler had long since laid her life at the mercy of the ocean's whims and moods. This would be no different.

"The funny thing is..." A wry smile curls her lips, dragging silver eyes from their clasped hands to burn into his own. "I resented legendaries for a time, after the war. Kyogre especially for what happened to Lilycove. Might've flipped him off a couple of times." More than a couple, to be perfectly honest. The memory of her helpless horror at the wanton destruction left in its wake still tasted bitter on her tongue.

"I've no idea how this came to be in my possession." And she didn't, not really. The more she thought about it the less sense it made. "I don't buy into that whole fate or destiny crap, but this feels too..." Premeditated, maybe? The mere thought of something pulling at the strings, deciding her fate, set her teeth on edge - and it showed in the increasingly sharp curve of her lips, the way her fingers tightened painfully around the fragment. 

"Regardless, it belongs to me now." And I belong to it. The words were not spoken out loud, but they needn't be. "Might as well do something with it, right? Maybe I'll take a dive with it, see if anything interesting happens."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 21:06:23 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
"Regardless, it belongs to me now."[break][break]

The unspoken meaning is not lost on him. It’s not your business, basically. [break][break]

One thing he liked most about Skyler was that constantly ravenous, headstrong spirit of hers. The one that saw her throw herself into choppy waters and come out the other side with wild eyes. [break][break]

How alive she was. How alive she made him feel.[break][break]

Angelo wouldn’t dare dream of trying to restrain that, even when his fear for her sinks heavy like a stone cast into the deep; not when he’s long been acquainted with the sensation of ties encircling around his neck, grounding him when he’d rather be swept up into the skies. [break][break]

(Not like she’d listen, anyway.) [break][break]

But despite that fondness Angelo holds dear for her, or perhaps even because of it, he can't bring himself to be happy about the places the ocean’s jewel might take her. [break][break]

He knows he'll have to learn to live with it, if he wants to continue whatever… whatever this is between them, but it doesn't mean he has to like it.[break][break]

Angelo unflinchingly holds onto a resolute silver gaze for a few lingering heartbeats, glint of blue in his eyes about as firm as the hold on her hand – on his internal promise – before slowly, letting his fingertips slide away. But the vow silently remains. [break][break]

Thought that would've be the first thing you’d have done with it,” his lips curl in dry humour, a calloused thumb smoothing back and forth over the dewy sphere absentmindedly. “Maybe we can finally go cliff diving. I’ll let you go first and if Kyogre doesn’t show up, I’ll know its safe to jump.” A small spark returns into his expression, ever so slightly strained at the corners but near invisible, as a Minior casts a well-timed shadow over his face. [break][break]

Angelo pauses and although his chest tightens, his words come out as steady as an Alto Marian canal – flowing but composed. “So, that’s it, then? Just going to carry it around with you and wait to see what happens?” Because his adventurous spirit is intrigued, despite the foreboding song it sings, about the thrumming shard that he can still feel lingering on his skin…[break][break]

You said it was an orb once, right? There could be more pieces out there.

[break][break]

+ // planting carrots ( 2/3 ) [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 16:45:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

His hand moves away from her own, and in its absense Skyler feels the thrum of the fragment more sharply, sinking unapologetic into her skin. As if, in removing the warmth of his palm from her own, a vacuum had been created - quickly replaced by the hungry tides wearing at jagged edges of blue. Eating up all traces of Angelo's earlier presence.

Captain Dross is all too aware that she's walking a dangerously thin edge. If there is a choice to be made here, if there is any compromise to be reached - it won't be today. Or ever, if Skyler has anything to say about it, stubborn idiot that she is.

Scarred fingers curl painfully around the fragment, though the sailor's eyes do not stray from Angelo's resolute gaze, matching his determination with a slight quirk of her lips. The curve of her mouth softened by the undeniable stirrings of a deep-seated affection.

"Maybe I haven't dived deep enough to wake Kyogre from its afternoon nap." Skyler brushes a finger over the fragment's uneven surface, the lazy motion not unlike a lover's caress. "Could've been a bit awkward if I'd summoned Kyogre from my bathtub." Hilarious too, if the flash of amusement that peeks from bright silver eyes is anything to go by. Her smirk widens. "Especially if you'd been in there with me." 

Her outstretched hand finally retreats, and the blue fragment disappears from sight, presumably back into her cleavage. No, definitely into her cleavage. "I might start searching for other fragments soon. It's kind of my job. Treasure hunter and all." Eyebrows quirk up. "Of course, that's presuming the rest of the orb isn't already in someone's hands." Which would bring about a whole new set of problems, given that Skyler has gotten quite attached to this particular treasure...

"Either way..." 

The only warning Captain Dross gives Angelo is the all too familiar curl of her lips, edged with devilish intentions, before she's leaning into him, lips brushing over the skin of his earlobe.

Taking a little bite while at it.

Right before she shoves her ice-cold hands under his shirt.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 18:37:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
It’d only be awkward if one of us doesn’t get out,” he hums on a faint chuckle, eyes crinkling slightly at the corners as he catches sight of something lighter in moonglow silver. “I’m not giving up my spot and the fish needs water. Guess that means you’ll have to go.” [break][break]

Despite the smile that curls softly onto Angelo’s lips, his heart remains too full with turbulence to let the subtle change in the mood soothe him completely. [break][break]

Talking and sharing with Skyler had certainly eased the weight he’d been carrying. Even if the captain had just listened it had felt (strangely) relieving to entrust his secret, to theorise over the identity of the mysterious sphere, with her. [break][break]

But the questions of what it wanted from him still lingered in Angelo’s mind, with no progress made. He had some ideas, if it even was a Soul Dew but the courier wasn’t sure he wanted to share in those speculations. Not when all he could come up with led him back to Alto Mare.[break][break]

And now his uncertainties didn’t just stop at himself… [break][break]

What? And you’d let that stop you?” A brow is raised in a slight dare, as Skyler mentions that the other pieces of the oceanic orb might have found itself into rival hands. [break][break]

Angleo’s mouth parts, ready to continue with the teasing, when suddenly her warm breath is tickling against his earlobe; pinching teeth tugging his attention away, as a content exhale unwillingly escapes. [break][break]

Then Skyler’s cold fingertips sends a foul shudder right up his spine, urging him to flinch as he’s ripped from a brief second of reverie. Fingers unconsciously squeezing the orb until his knuckles pale. [break][break]

Fu… Fuck! Get your cold-ass, hag claws off me.” He quietly snarls against Skyler’s cheek, hot breath fanning against her skin as his free hand latches onto her assaulting wrist, warning her to stop with fingertips squeezing tight – and coming across wholly unthreatening. [break][break]

Only Angelo makes no attempt to shove her off. Instead, he leans forward until his forehead rests on her shoulder, body tipping subtly into hers with eyes slipping shut. Momentarily casting his world into darkness, where only sea salt and warmth permeated. Tricking himself into imagining that the whispers caressing up his arm and into his mind, was an ocean’s calm morning lullaby, instead. [break][break]

If, for those few brief heartbeats, it comes across as the courier seeking comfort from her as inner turmoil continues to swirl, then he purposefully hides it from them both with a brush of his lips against his lover’s neck.  [break][break]

Deliberately pressing an icy nose into her throat.[break][break]

Can’t stand the damn cold.” He tells the captain without sounding all too rushed; a sliver of tongue peeking out from between a devilish smile, to swipe against her neck. [break][break]

What do you think? Plant these seeds and get the hell out of here?” [break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 22:14:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Angelo's snarled command for her to get her frozen fingertips away from him is met with immediate resistance, a stubborn kind of rebellion making Skyler sink her fingers further up his sides to rest against the warmth of his skin. Her nails rasp lightly over his torso, deliberate in their slowness. Only stopping at the tight grip of calloused fingers around her wrist.

The grin that curls her mouth then is wholly shameless, dancing on the edge of mischief and wickedness. Tempting Angelo to give chase. "It's not my fault you have a thing for ice-clawed hags." Her words are teased over soft strands of brown hair as Angelo leans in to rest his forehead on her shoulder. The captain seizes the chance to treat the tip of his ear to a languid, playful swipe of her tongue. "Might be the right time to reconsider a few life choices..." Goosebumps erupt in the wake of his breath ghosting over the skin of her neck, her voice growing ever so slightly strained at the resulting shiver that travels down her spine.  "Wouldn't want to be a bad influence on you."

A bad influence is exactly what she'd like to be.

Whatever inner turmoil may be plaguing Angelo, it is swiftly drowned in the molten heat of his mouth on her skin. First with the brush of his lips and then with the too brief flick of his tongue, dragging a shaky sigh from parted lips. A cloud of steam escapes with Skyler's breath, disappearing into the frigid air above their stand-still.

Nails dig into him in something halfway between a plea and a command. There's a feverish craving to erase the empty space between them, sketched out on the skin of Angelo's back. 

"We should hurry up then, Angel baby." Indigo blue illuminates the predatory curl of her lips just at the right time, before Skyler leans in to greedily claim Angelo's lips in a kiss that feels like a promise.

That is a promise.

Perhaps Angelo isn't the only one looking to drown out dark thoughts.

Rising to her feet is like welcoming the frigid temperatures to bite at her skin, teeth gritting together in defiance of the cold that replaces the imprint of Angelo's touch. 

"... You don't happen to have a shovel, do you?" 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 21:03:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
A soft chuckle is caressed against Skyler’s neck; husky, albeit not from the cold. “Think it’s too late to start worrying about that now, babe…” He mumbles, his voice about as unapologetic as the teeth and lips he drags teasingly against her pulse. “Why? Haven't suddenly grown a conscience, have you?”[break][break]

Could she really be considered a bad influence when the thoughts were already in his head? An enabler, perhaps… [break][break]

Regardless, there’s nothing here – life choices or otherwise – for him to regret. Especially not when he has Captain Dross uttering trembling sighs underneath his tongue. [break][break]

Skyler’s calloused fingertips no longer sink a chill down to his bones; cold quickly subsiding as they dig and scratch into his sides with intent, promising a world where only heat and warmth prevailed. One which offered an escape from dark contemplations, cocooned in each other's company. [break][break]

A distraction like that is exactly what he needs. [break][break]

Fingertips that had once latched around Skyler’s wrist brush stray, golden curls away from her neck; clearing a path as he trails lazy kisses up towards her jaw. Only stopping when blue eyes catch sight of a familiar, hungry curl tugging at the corner of her lips. Angelo takes a second to appreciate it, heat coiling through him from the unspoken proposition, before he steals her smile with a kiss. [break][break]

This time, Angelo doesn’t mistake the fluttering feeling in his chest as the orb’s whispers. Not when he can hear his heart distinctly shivering in her name.[break][break]

Angelo remains crouching for a few moments longer, finally registering the cold with a grim expression as he securely tucks the orb back into the confines of his backpack. It utters something strangely soothing to him one last time, dewdrops or starlight swirling within, before he drags his fingertips away. [break][break]

Replacing its presence in his palm with a small, worse for wear trowel he’d brought from the garden, utterly dull in comparison. [break][break]

Just this,” he exhales a cloud of steam as he pushes himself up to stand, shrugging his backpack over his shoulders and tossing the little spade to Skyler. “It's my only one, so try not to break it, Sunshine.” [break][break]

Blue Minior light dances across his features, highlighting the residue of turbulence in the depths of an ocean gaze, before Angelo turns away. “Or I'll have to demand repayment.” He purposefully lets a hint of a dare hang in the air between them, before walking off towards a rocky corner of the cave; hiding a sharp curl of his lips. “C'mon, let's try over here.”[break][break]

He was eager to get out of Shoal Cave, for too many reasons to count…

[break][break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 22:01:34 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She has to wiggle her way into the crevice; the passage isn't tight enough to press into her lungs, but enough that she has to slowly shuffle forward. In truth, she could've simply hoisted herself over the rocks, but this tight space brings back several pleasant memories of underground ruins within a humid jungle... of a warm body pressed into hers and the tingle of devilish teasing on the tip of her tongue. "Brings back memories, huh, Angel?" Lips curl upwards, the barest hint of teeth peeking through in something altogether too provocative for the current frigid environment.

On the other side is a small plot of land equally as frozen as the rest of the chamber, but hidden from any peering eyes. A booted feet tests the ice-encrusted dirt beneath it, finding the surface about as hard as concrete. Suddenly the slightly bent trowel in her hand feels woefully underwhelming for this endeavour. "No promises about the trowel, Angel. I think it might have met its match." 

And so has Captain Dross.

The first few tries can better be described as pathetic, though amusing to anyone watching from outside. Of course, each unsuccessful attempt only serves to further prickle at Skyler's stubbornness and pride. It isn't long before strings of curses are being spewed out into the frigid air, and when she looks up at Angelo a streak of dirt crosses her nose and cheeks, looking like a crude rendition of war paint beneath wild silver eyes. 

"... Not a word out of you, Angel." The snarl isn't nearly as terrifying when Skyler looks like she's been grappling with dirt (which she kind of has). Nevertheless, she practically shoves the little spade at Angelo with perhaps with a little too much force - before going for her belt.

The blue Lycanroc that materializes is an enthusiastic bundle of chaotic energy, running around in circles around the Minior and barking playfully at them, tongue lolling out. He ends up giving Angelo a drooly kiss before the sailor manages to calm him down and get him to dig. 

Before long the soil is soft enough for the seeds to be planted. An arm goes around Angelo's waist, fingers drifting down to pinch his butt. "Time to go back to the ship, I think." Silver eyes gleam with warmth invitation when Skyler leans her head back on Angelo's shoulder. "Might need a long shower to get all this dirt off."

And with any luck, the dirt wouldn't be the only thing getting off.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:53:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
from the blue [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 2:16:16 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are iceroot carrots: chilled root vegetables with a cool blue flesh.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in SHOAL CAVE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.