3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a green thumb? in this frozen wasteland? [s][c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:39:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This time, he was here alone.

Hilariously he had to leave the motorbike parked at Lilycove, before making the rest of the trip on Ro’s back. So of course, here he was again.

The silver Metagross was resting in another corner, legs tucked in and just—done. Tired. Alpha the Lucario was out again, but unlike the last time they were here, he was giving his human companion a strange, suspicious look—like he was waiting for something to happen.

Mercifully, though, Lars didn’t take his top off. That was one time, okay?

One time!

And he wanted to keep that secret as hidden as much as possible, so even if he wanted to go topless, he had to exercise some restraint this time around!

Because one could never know who was banging around Shoal Cave…

What was it with people trying to plant carrots in this Arceus-forsaken place? Even more intriguing: how were they able to fucking grow despite the cold?!

Looking over to where the leaves were sprouting nicely in the patch of dirt he’d picked out, he wondered if anything would come out of this.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 21:53:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
How many times had he willingly plunged himself into these icy, cavern corridors in recent days? Numerous times, was the answer – but not enough for Angelo to feel completely at ease traversing through the tighter spots. [break][break]

A part of him might always bear the crack across his psyche of a venture turned dark in the Regirock Ruins, no matter how much he attempted to glue the edges back together. The line of a fracture would always remain. [break][break]

Still, despite the way that his chest occasionally tightens as he picks his way through the narrow paths, throat scratchy like grains of sand are still clogging up his insides, the courier continues on. Pushing through as the cold temperature prickles sharply in his lungs and tingles against his skin, keeping him focused instead on its bite and the task at hand.[break][break]

He wouldn’t let the ‘incident’ stop him in the waking world. There were two carrot patches to check up on, after all. [break][break]

Orion pads just in front of him today, picking herself over ice on soft paws, her bright blue eyes occasionally blinking back at him. Seemingly unperturbed by the cold, while Angelo is forced to pull his hood over his head, shielding his ears from a particularly frigid gust that wails through the crevices. [break][break]

Is his nose red? It feels red… [break][break]

A soft bark of alarm huffs from Orion’s throat as they take the familiar path and Angelo’s matching blue eyes trail towards where her muzzle points, catching sight of a figure in the distance. A familiar one, thankfully. Up ahead, it seems that Lars is looking at frozen leaves with scrutiny or just plain incomprehension. Angelo loosens the grip on his backpack straps that he’d unconsciously squeezed tight, making his way over.[break][break]

So, did I catch you wondering if the life of a vegetable farmer could be your true calling or does your carrot just have something interesting to say?” He says with playful sarcasm as he slides up to Lar’s side, poking gentle fun at the former expression on the head ranger's face, hands stuffed casually in his pockets for warmth. “Hey, mio amico. How've you been?

[break][break]

+ - carrot thread ( 3/3 ) [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 15:39:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He wondered where Skyler was—probably busy doing who knew what out on the high seas. Razz wasn’t contactable either, so today he was here alone—

Or was he?

The familiar voice made him look up before he let out a sigh of relief. It was Angelo.

There was a hint of a smirk threatening to cross his face, however he decided to keep that smirk to himself—for the moment.

“Mostly the former, and I wish these damned-ass carrots would talk,” he quipped, chuckling softly. “How the hell can they grow in this Arceus-forsaken place, where the soil is frozen year-round, is beyond me.”

As if to prove a point, he tilted his head towards the little patch where his own carrot seeds were growing just peachy.

“Checking on Sky’s carrots too? Figures,” he teased with a grin. “Last time I was here, she’d come down here Lapras sliding. What a way to make a grand entrance.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 19:58:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Insulting them won’t loosen their sensitive carrot-lips, ya know,” Angelo quips right back, flashing his fellow courier a look out of the corner of his gaze, eyes crinkling in shared mirth. “But yeah, they are damn weird. Don't think too hard about it, man. I know if I bothered to try 'n make sense of half the shit that happens in this region, I’d have made myself a tinfoil hat by now.” [break][break]

Even if carrots growing out of a frozen tundra did make him want to scratch his head, he knew better than to put too much brainpower into trying to rationalise it. He’d learned some time ago that, around here, you sometimes just had to roll with the punches and enjoy the ride. [break][break]

Checking up on. Sabotaging. Take your pick, the gardens are next to each other, so I could realistically be doing either.” He hums with feigned innocence, daring to remove a chilly hand from his pocket to brush his fingertips against Orion’s velvet ear, the Lycanroc having pressed herself against his side. Angelo subtly leans away as she pushes a spiked, rock collar into his thigh.[break][break]

Anyway, ‘figures’?” A curiously amused brow is raised as he repeats Lar’s choice of words – neither offended or defensive. “What’s that supposed to mean?” [break][break]

A Lapras slide? Angelo’s lips curl, picturing a scene of windswept gold and a wild grin. “Figures,” he mimics on a chuckled scoff, dangerously close to being soft.

[break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 0:18:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars chuckled at Angelo’s pronouncement.

“Oh, just—things,” he chuckled. He wasn’t going to sell her out now, was he? He’d noticed the way Skyler had reacted when Angelo was mentioned during the Vital Spirit festival, and he wasn’t going to spoil that. Nope, at least—not yet.

“Yes, she practically showed up ice-sliding on the back of a Lapras along with Razz. Kind of crazy now that you think about it—but then again this is Skyler, so it’s pretty typical of her,” he added with another laugh.

Turning to look at his carrot patch again, he wondered if he was seeing things.

“Don’t you find it strange, though—that this carrot can grow without being watered? Or being eaten by wild Pokémon?” he mused a few moments later.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 11:17:50 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo’s eyes narrow in amused suspicion as Lars vaguely waves off his question, leaving him hanging with the assumption that he knew something about himself and a certain captain. He was Skyler’s friend, Angelo noted, so it wouldn’t be too difficult to surmise that he might have heard a thing or two. [break][break]

Just things? Don’t be a tease, Lars.” There’s something in the other man’s tone that tells the younger courier that if he wanted his curiosity to be stated, he might have to invite Head Ranger Anderson out for a drink or two sometime. “Fine. But you’ll tell me later.” His lips curl, playfully cocky – not very angelic like. [break][break]

Laughing, he rocks on the balls of his feet, shifting amongst the ice in a restless attempt to get the blood flowing to frozen toes. “Oh, no, I believe it. You think something like that spawned from Razz's mind? Not a chance; reckless idiocy is Skyler's brand.” If there's a fond twinge to his words as he insults dear ol' Captain Dross, Angelo doesn't show signs he noticed. [break][break]

He also believes that was less of a willing participant in the Lapras-slide-ride and, more likely than not, strongarmed into it. [break][break]

What he couldn’t believe was that he hadn’t gotten a Lapras ride yet… What the hell? [break][break]

Hypothetically,” he muses with a chin pointed to the ceiling, watching as a contemplative cloud drifts towards a (thankfully) high roof. If a shiver crawls down his spine, Angelo tells himself it’s from the cold. “How d’you know that wild pokemon haven’t tried to eat it? It could be too frozen to pull out of the ice or it could be poisonous?” [break][break]

A pause. “I was thinking of making stew out of it... Maybe you should lick it and find out if it's edible.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 23:57:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I cannot be privy to such things when the other person involved is right in front of me,” he answered with this mysterious smirk on his face. Did he just imply that he was ’s wingman? Wingperson? Whatever it was called? Pft.

At the mention of it being Skyler’s idea completely and not Razz’s, he nodded.

“I definitely agree with you as the day is long that ice-sliding was her idea, not his. is way too serious for that shit,” he added with a chuckle. “I also kind of told Razz to cut the excessive formalities outside of the work office,” he continued as he rolled his shoulders.

“Sky actually threatened to deck him if he kept calling her ‘Miss Dross’, if my memory serves me right,” he went on, unable to keep the bark of laughter down any longer.

At the mention of how he’d noticed that wild Pokémon around Shoal Cave hadn’t attempted to trespass on the grounds where the carrots were growing, he took a step back and pointed.

“It’s simple, really. Wild Pokémon would leave markers of some kind all over a watering hole, or a place where they frequently forage. Footprints and trampled undergrowth would be the most obvious indicator, plus there would be a certain… musky odor hanging around the area that’s distinctive to them. I can’t pick up on the scents, or see any trespassing violating attempts around this patch.”

Bless him working closely with nature and learning to read wild Pokémon tells through years of experience for that substantial answer!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 16:52:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
I hate to break it to you but if Razz can’t call me – someone with zero authority over him – by my first name, then you’ve got no chance.” A hand, daring to venture from the confines of his pockets, reaches out to give the head ranger a pat on the shoulder. Less of a gesture of comfort and more of a wishing of luck. ‘Tough shit’, it seems to say, ‘you’re stuck with it and you know it.’ [break][break]

Angelo grins, “you’ll be Mr Anderson forever, even after you retire. I can bet on it.”[break][break]

Would Angelo prefer that called him by his first name? Absolutely. He definitely wasn’t going to give up on trying to get the young ranger to kick his overly formal habit when addressing him but, as of yet, he hadn’t reached the level of frustration to threaten physical violence. Unlike some.[break][break]

Well apparently, according to the source himself, she’s already punched him,” a soft laugh clouds from his lips, remembering his first meeting with Razz and the subsequential conversation that floated around the topic of a certain Miss . On how the teenager had looked nervous when he asked Angelo not to tell her that a ‘Miss’ had slipped past his tongue, all the while rubbing at his arm where a phantom pain must have lingered. “Eh, she’ll never actually deck him. Can’t say Razz’s arm muscles will survive for much longer if he keeps it up, though.” [break][break]

Listening as Lars begins to explain his theory on why the wild pokemon hadn’t attempted to take a bite out of his vegetable patch, Angelo rocks on the balls of his feet and occasionally shifts his stance, attempting to get feeling back into his frozen toes as they stand idle. Fuck, it was cold…. How Lars wasn’t shivering with his hands hidden in warm pockets like he was, was beyond him. Guy must have a good tolerance. [break][break]

And that’s why you’re the boss ranger,” he muses, cold lips curling. “Lars, the musk connoisseur.”[break][break]

He reaches out to take hold of Orion’s scruff as the adventurous (and foolhardy) Lycanroc starts to sniff towards Lar’s carrot; pulling her back before her tongue has the chance to become welded to the frozen vegetable. [break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:49:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

To that pronouncement—Lars actually flashed Angelo a smirk for the briefest of moments.

“I hate to break it to you Angelo, but… I found a way around that. Around ’s excessive formality shtick.”

While on ’s side it involved her knocking his lights out if he called her ‘Miss Dross’, well, in his case he had to think a lot differently—considering that the kid young man worked alongside him and treated him like a superior with a ten-foot pole.

“He really needs to loosen up,” he added with another shoulder roll. “Being way too serious is going to get him into some shit-ass trouble. I was like that, once. Way back then. Not anymore, as you can clearly tell.”

He let out another short bark of laughter when Angelo pretty much confirmed that Skyler had already gotten physical with the threat—and followed through with it!

At the snark surrounding the musk, he rolled his eyes.

“What? It’s part of field training for Rangers. We don’t survive out in the wild without knowing how to move around wild Pokémon and not upsetting their environs,” he went on, before standing up and looking over to where the Lycanroc almost approached and took a lick out of the carrot Lars had planted.

“Might want to tell your companion to back off there,” he said after a pronounced period of quiet. “Getting a tongue stuck to a cold surface is stupid uncomfortable.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 21:34:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Lars isn’t the only one who rolls his eyes. “Don’t take it to heart. Was just teasing you,” he hums, an eyebrow raised in amusement as the other courier gives his reasonings behind knowing so much about musky scents and environmental readings. It’s an interesting explication, if not an obvious one. Angelo isn’t dumb enough to not piece together that a ranger – and a head ranger at that – would be more than experienced with pokemon behaviour. [break][break]

It is an interesting subject, however. [break][break]

Angelo would have had asked Lars more about it, intrigued about the rangers and their duties as he was, had Orion not invaded the vegetable patch. Instead, he’s presented with a new conversational topic that is just too tempting to let slip through his fingers. [break][break]

Angelo’s lips curl into a grin automatically, light glinting in his gaze as a chuckle tumbles into the air on warm clouds. Sounds like someone’s had experience with getting their tongue stuck on an icy surface. Maybe Lars had licked his carrot, after all. [break][break]

I wouldn’t know. I haven’t tried it,” until this Christmas (even though it was apparently fake) and being down here, Angelo hadn’t encountered a snowy climate; Alto Mare being a location of sunshine, heat and clear skies. Chances to get your lips welded to an icicle, therefore, had been slim. [break][break]

Cold biting at his skin, reminding him of time and location, Angelo nods towards the direction in which his and Skyler’s plot lay hidden. He should get moving, however there was no way he was going to let go of this particular story, if he can help it. “I should get to checking mine and Sky's carrots before my fingers snap off... Come with, you can tell me your 'stupid uncomfortable' experience on the way. You've got to at least share that with me, if you're not going to tell me about the other 'things'.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,779 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 23:02:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: