Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
The Harrowing Haunt (m/c)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 2:43:32 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan whistled softly to himself as he gazed off into the night sky, pleased that he was able to see the stars so vividly and clearly considering the light pollution in Slateport city often obscuring the natural wonders. This wasn’t the only reason he’d traveled to Mount Pyre this particular evening, instead finding himself once again doing the work of a Ranger. Protectors of Hoenn, as they were, had been informed that Mount Pyre had been the location of numerous sightings of a mysterious Pokémon that had not only been disturbing travelers to the monument but attacking the local wildlife at the base of the mountain as well. Witness accounts indicated the Pokémon were varied but they each seemed to coincide on the point that they believe it to be some sort of ghost. Short-handed and spread thin, the Rangers had reached out towards the citizens of Hoenn in hopes that volunteers would be able to investigate and report back any findings. Normally, Rowan wasn’t the kind of person to volunteer for work but Mount Pyre had taken on sort of special meaning to him recently, feeling compelled to help make sure the mountain was safe for both humans and Pokémon.

“Mistral, you still awake back there?” A soft snoring sound from his hood was all the answer Rowan needed, letting out a small sigh before looking at the time on his phone. He’d been told that someone else volunteered to help uncover the mystery of Mount Pyre, and they should be arriving any moment. Instead of fixating on the time, Rowan did a mental inventory of the moves his party knew that could be of use against a ghost type, unfortunately coming up rather short. Bijou happened to be the only one capable of overwhelming whichever spirit was haunting the base of the mountain, meaning that unless the other volunteer happened to bring more to the table they were working with only a single silver bullet.

All he could do now was wait and see who was to show up.

@dakota
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 0:28:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

With recent attacks against shrines in the coming days Dakota couldn’t afford to just sit around and do nothing. The league had been seeking out volunteers to help protect Mt.Pyre’s shrines, it was one of the shrines Dakota frequented the most. He won't stand for any vandalizing.
[break][break]
Dakota had arrived a little earlier to the shrine site; it didn’t take him long to realize that he had been alone, even though he was told that there would be another person helping out. Dakota figured that they would be nearby, maybe by the base of the mountain, it was a difficult hike after all. It was a good thing that the shrine site wasn’t too far from the base, Dakota began to walk in that direction and soon he would spot a familiar face.
[break][break]
There was a small look of surprise in his features, Dakota didn’t think he’d run into Rowan in such a place. Walking a little closer he would greet him, “Hello Rowan, sorry to keep you waiting.”

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:09:22 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan watched as the familiar face approached him with a raised brow, attempting to quickly remember his name before this interaction became embarrassing. Declan? No, that wasn’t it but he was close. Dorian? Damn, that wasn’t right either. They were getting closer with each step and before long he’d have to call out a name and hope for the best, raising a hand to wave towards them when they issued their own greeting. “Dakota, good to see you again.” Was that the name? It sounded right, it felt right. Oh well, if he was wrong so be it, they’d only met once at the most hectic festival he’d ever attended. “It seems as though serendipity isn’t dead after all, I suppose you are here for the volunteer job as well?” Rowan took a few steps towards Dakota, shoving his hands into the pockets of his hoodie to protect them from the chilly night air. “I haven’t seen anything yet, but we’re getting pretty close to the time that most witnesses report the occurrences happening.”

Gesturing with a nod of his head for Dakota to follow him, Rowan started to walk down the path that surrounded the base of the mountain. “No idea what is causing the disturbance, but I’m assuming it’s some territorial ghost Pokémon that isn’t too keen on tourists wandering around it’s home.” He offered a shrug at the attempt of an analysis, always assuming that he could be wrong and something more was at play than he’d expected. “I’m not extremely well equipped to fight off a ghost type, so I’m hoping you may have something more viable in case this comes to violence.”

@dakota
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 23:46:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Likewise, and that’s correct.” He responded quickly, taking out a cigarette and igniting it. From how quickly Dakota did it Rowan might assume that Dakota was quite the smoker. He took a deep inhale relaxing at the taste of nicotine he had in his mouth before looking back at Rowan.The wind carried the smell of cigarettes as it traveled towards Rowan, he breathed once again the trail of smoke vanishing towards the star lit sky. “I see, well that’s good I suppose.”
[break][break]
Dakota only knew of the vandalizing of the shrines, he had no clue about ghost stories. He figured that Rowan had been speaking about thieves not ghosts. There was a brief look of confusion on the man’s face when Rowan explained the situation. “It certainly is common for ghost types to be found in this location” He reasoned, throwing away the used cigarette into a nearby garbage can as he followed after Rowan.
[break][break]
I do not, as I expected to be dealing with people. Not ghost types.” Dakota admitted as he coughed. He did not see the problem with a ghost type hovering around the area, it was a given after all. Mt.Pyre always crawled with ghost types even when he was younger. Dakota slightly raised an eyebrow “Tell me more.” His voice was slightly demanding as he looked at Rowan with a uninterested expression.

+

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 20:28:35 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan smiled to himself and gave a mental fist pump as it seemed he’d gotten their name correct, surprisingly. “Honestly, it could be anything.” Rowan began as he walked down the path, offering a small shrug towards Dakota. “People tend to gravitate towards the fantastic when they see something unexplainable. Besides, it’s been proven that witness statements are often incorrect or missing key details inadvertently due to the nature of human memory.” Ugh, did he really just sound like that? Attending a prestigious private school had its obvious advantages but the pretentiousness that it provided wasn’t easy to scrub from your soul, perhaps it would be best to stick to the facts of the matter. “All I know is there is something happening out here on the base of the mountain, right around this time of night. Guess we’ll find out what that is before long.”

Cigarette smoke wafted through the air, overwhelming the scent of damp trees and grass, though not unpleasant. Rowan was a disgruntled youth back in Galar, and as most seeking to rebel often did, he’d taken up smoking when he was a teenager. Since coming to Hoenn he’d broken the habit, but a part of him did miss the sensation. “So, have you seen Lilith since the festival?” Rowan asked with a sly grin, wondering if the two had kept in touch after their plans to watch the fireworks had been dismantled by the stampede of Tauros. “Wait, be quiet.” Through the trees at the base of Mount Pyre, he spotted a few shapes creeping through the foliage, though unable to make out who or what they were. “What do you want to do?” Rowan asked in a hushed tone, not wanting to scare off what could be their potential mission objective.

@dakota
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 11:38:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Mmm that's true." Dakota responded, rubbing the back of his head with a hand. He didn't believe in superstitions, he was a man of science after all. He glanced towards the full moon, a small chuckle escaping him. Finding it ironic that there was a full moon this night. He nodded simply, sighing; he figured that it'd be a long night.
[break][break]
Dakota was slightly surprised when Rowan mentioned Lilith, giving the younger man a confused look for a few moments as he stared in relative silence. "I saw her a little while ago, we volunteered together to pick up trash on the beach." He hasn't heard from her then, but hoped things were going well. He did tell her that he would be there whenever she needed.
[break][break]
He couldn't help but wonder what their past relationship was, Dakota didn't know much about Rowan; meeting him at the festival was a short and strange experience. Tempted to learn more, he was stopped when Rowan abruptly told him to be quiet. Dakota followed his instruction though he had been slightly irritated. Following his gaze, the rustling of a nearby bush caught his attention. Gaze narrowing, Dakota put some thought into what to do when Rowan asked; he came up with two ideas.
[break][break]
Suddenly his gaze fell to the ground, fixated on a stone pebble. Without warning, he kicked it towards the movement. The sudden sound seemed to scare off whatever it was that had been hovering around the area. "Doubt that is what's disturbing the temples, if it was then it should be back shortly."

+

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 6:38:31 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Damn it…” Rowan muttered underneath his breath as the disturbance disappeared with the throw of a stone, convinced this was exactly what they were looking for. “Maybe there is nothing here after all.” A soft sigh escaped his lips as he straightened himself upwards, crossing both arms over his chest to survey the area one last time. “Could have just been some bloody urban tale concocted by the locals, seeing things in the shadows that weren’t truly there.” It was disheartening to say the least, Rowan was looking forward to the pay that would have come from discovering the source of this distress. “Anyways, as I was saying…”

Rowan continued along the path, gathering the fabric of his clothing closer to keep the cold of the night away. “If you see Lilith again, keep an eye out for her, if you can. She’s...kind of like a younger sister to me.” It was hard to admit how much he cared about another person that wasn’t his boyfriend, seeing as the emotion was so foreign. “You seem trustworthy enough, is all.” The sound of cackling from behind them brought his momentum to a stop, not recognizing the voice as either of theirs. “Uh...Dakota…?” A quick turn revealed the form of a Gengar that hovered over the both of them, their toothy grin wide and prepared for mischief.

@dakota
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 11:09:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Dakota remains quiet when the threat vanishes. He figures that it wasn't what they were after; but a random pokemon which had been in the area and got scared off when he kicked the pebble. "we don't know whats out there keep your guard up." Dakota didn't want to let his guard down just yet, the shrines were getting attacked by something after all.

Walking after Rowan, he offered the man a small nod. "I'll be there for her, don't worry." While he didn't understand their relationship fully Dakota realized that Rowan genuinely cared for Lilith. That's all that mattered to Dakota.

Theres a brief moment where Dakota feels flustered by Rowan's comment. He looks in another direction to attempt hide his reddened cheeks. He glances back when Rowan calls his name, slightly alarmed when he sees the gengar. "That must be what's disturbing the shrines." Unclipping a pokeball, Dakota's white vulpix taking form in front of the ghost type.

"Powder snow" Upon hearing the command, Dakota's vulpix would fire a blast of snow towards the gengar. It wasn't very effective but crippled it's movements in the least.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 20:14:35 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Mistral, use Bubble Beam!” A groan escaped the beak of the Piplup as they were roused from sleep, sticking his head up from the fabric of Rowan’s hood to peer at the ghostly enemy Pokémon. “Now, please!” Mistral rolled their eyes and opened their beak once more, unleashing a series of bubbles that streamed in the direction of the Gengar.

One by one the orbs smacked into the Pokémon, complimented nicely by the Vulpix’s own move. “We need to scare it off, Dakota.” The Gengar wasn’t malicious, it was simply the nature of these ghosts to be mischievous and cause trouble, fainting them wouldn’t solve anything.

@dakota
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 8:13:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The attack by Mistral seemed to upset the gengar even more, Dakota didn't think that battling it would solve the problems. Seems that Rowan had the same thought. Dakota nods when Rowan speaks out his concerns. "I agree" He states rubbing his chin in thought.

Scaring off a gengar.. would be tricky. He wasn't sure how to accomplish such a feat, looking back to Rowan Dakota hoped that he would know what to do. "Any ideas on how we do that?" Dakota asks with a faint chuckle.