8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
a giant step each day [social]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 9:29:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Good.

He expects nothing less from someone with the gall to intrude on his schedule. That type of tenacity is needed for those who wish to work with the best. It’s the same preservation that allows him to squeeze her until nothing’s left and still have the audacity to demand more. Anything for the sake of progress.

Only if you have a spare.

Smoking is a habit seldom expressed by Fernando in the public sphere. Here, in the recess of his home, of his domain, he can partake on the off-chance his whim hungers.

Halls, walls, people. They’re all bypassed on the account that he owns them. Some wave or nod, others cower and shuffle along. Each have a different read on him and respective reaction. Fernando cares little for either and leads her into a sectioned off laboratory.

Your studies were astrological?

Fernando commandeers an empty computer. His login sit on the loading reticle for a moment longer than he’d like but eventually his user account opens. Sifting through a few directory finds a detailed report and pdf documenting the meteor found during the Three Day War.

This is your first and foremost.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
looking for a story of a kid i’m sinking in. older, stronger, wiser -- think I am, i think i am
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 9:55:47 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Of course," she purrs, pulling another cigarette from the pack as she circles around the car, "Treating yourself when there's not enough to go around is a sin they break you of in grade school, Mr. Silph."

Amalia slips the pack back into her jacket. Offers Silph his poison and lights her own where it's held between lips that stain before doing the only proper thing and lighting her new boss's as well. She takes a long, happy drag from her cigarette before following after the man -- puffing bits of smoke as she goes like a happy steam train.

From there it's all very routine for Silph. Less so for Amalia. She's worked in some nice places, went to some schools with beautiful labs, but taking in the glory that is Silph Co -- a branch at that -- makes her feel like a very small-time professional indeed. The polish that marks every corner. The quality machinery that sits not out of place but like it belongs here.

She lets out a low whistle as they enter the laboratory proper before giving her host her attention again.

"Astronomical," she corrects without any bite, that sly smile returning to her face, "A common mistake."

She click, click, clicks after him in her heels as he walks to a computer. She leans over his shoulder to get a better look at the screen (but makes sure it's obvious she's not looking at his hands while he types).

"Ah," she says, skimming the report. She knows this scene. The meteor that birthed a little nightmare. What had that woman from the other night called it . . ?

"Deoxys?"

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #E04141[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 22:30:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Noted,” he squeezes out despite the pink smoke billowing from his lips.

Truth be told, unless she reinforces the notion, it’s not something he’ll commit to memory. This is nothing more than small talk to be discarded later for more important memories. But for now, she has him.

How do you know that name?

Deoxys is not highly coveted knowledge. Anyone with a means to tinker with the proper people can get the name to slither out between loose tongues. It’s finding that person that proves impossible. They are as numerous as days in the month. Much less those willing to share.

But no, Deoxys is secondary. The meteor itself, or the energy it possessed is of the utmost importance. It’s what the Megalopolans were looking for. Enough to dedicate an entire army to unraveling it.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
looking for a story of a kid i’m sinking in. older, stronger, wiser -- think I am, i think i am
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 22:48:19 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The surprise from Silph surprises her in turn. From the way her friend from the other day dropped the name she'd assumed it was common knowledge for Hoennians.

"A friendly local the other day," she answers after pulling her cigarette from her lips and blowing smoke in a respectable direction.

"Good," Amalia nods as Silph goes on, "I have more experience with meteors than space parasites."

She subtly leaves off her lack of knowledge when it comes to extraterrestrial power sources and the motivations of aliens. If Silph can't already guess that's a bit too large a wheelhouse for her to manage alone he will once he's seen her resume. As far as her actual specialty, maybe analyzing what the thing is made of can give her some clues . . .

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 23:57:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Tch.

Fernando can’t quite click his tongue so he settles for an exaggerated huff that perfumes them in scented lavender. “I expected as much.

To expect someone to specialize in a Pokemon none of them have encountered is near impossible. However, given the sparse clues she’s left in his car, he figures this will drive her home.

We’re conducting an analysis to compare its composition to another power source we’ve found.

He scrolled through the document until he finds an excerpt he needs.

What I need from you is to find out how this energy affects Pokemon and humans like. Also, if there’s a discernable pattern between this and space-related Pokemon, we need to know. Anything to quicken our understanding of these meteorites and the impact they have.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:12:01 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Amalia nods along while Silph speaks. It's all straightforward enough. They're already on the trail of what she'd been considering, as could be expected from an operation so prestigious. She's not going to have many uniquely clever ideas in a room full of the brightest.

"If you get me some samples I can start running some tests, my own pokemon double as research subjects as far as extraterrestrial pokemon are concerned," she replies. Voice and expression slightly more focused now that talk of work has truly begun.

"Mmm," she hums, thinking, "I'm based in Meteor Falls right now for my studies on the Staryu line. I can check on how the Lunatone and Solrock populations are responding."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:35:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“We can have that arranged as soon as you’ve signed off.

The resolution of progress is promising but not one that can supersede the regulations in place. There’s good reason for them to toe the line with ink and paper. It’s these very laws that will allow him to reign his hammer down on her should she turn. He’ll do so anyway but having the legal system’s approval makes it that much smoother.

Good. Expand that to Minior as well. There’s been a surge of them lately.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:41:27 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"If you have a contract lying around I can take it home and have it read over by . . . let's say the weekend. I'd love to get my equipment and get to work as soon as possible, but I'd love to avoid accidentally winding up destitute more," Amalia replies seamlessly, that playful expression threatening to return to her face.

She takes internal note of the comment on the Minior. This she hadn't known, already the Silph partnership is paying off -- and it's not even official yet!

"Minior, too, then."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:44:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Unfortunately, I do not.

An unlikely request but one that Fernando entertains nonetheless.

Leave me your contact information and I’ll have someone reach out appropriately. If you don’t get a response within two business days—well you know where to reach me.

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:47:02 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The threat is acted on at Silph's words. Her eyes flash and her teeth peek out from behind her lips.

"Don't I just," she says, not laughing but the same kind of mirth bubbling into her voice again.

"I assume that'll be all for tonight then, Mr. Silph?" she asks, standing up straight with a light groan and stretching until her mid-back gives a few unflattering pops and clicks.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:55:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Depends.

Fernando closes each window with the appropriate hotkeys. He considers logging off but holds it just in case. He waits for a confirmation.

Did you have anything else, Doctor Samson?

close tab

played by

sunshine

amy, dr. samson
she/her
thirty-four
october 13th
lacunosa town
homosexual
researcher
civilian
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @amalia
amalia samson
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:57:49 GMT
amalia samson Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Not at all," she replies pleasantly before turning to leave the lab. She looks over her shoulder and waves a little as she does, "Have a good night, Mr. Silph."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 1:07:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: