Lights, Camera, Pose! [S/C]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 12:07:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","queenbea1"]
[attr="class","queenbea3"]
[attr="class","queenbea2"]Beatrix closed her makeup compact with a satisfying click before giving herself another once over in the mirror. Pleased with what she saw, she fluffed her hair once more before washing her hands in the bathroom sink. Today was her attempt to, build on first impressions.

Clearly, she didn't do too badly last night since she left with Mr. Silph's business card and personal invitation to talk business in his office this morning. Still, if she was honest she was a little embarrassed. Who knew they guy she was chatting up at the bar was some hotshot corporate owner? She was ashamed, if she knew about that ahead of time she wouldn't have drunkenly flirted terribly the way she did.

With a sigh, she shook her head before heading over to dry her hands. Well, she was sober today so hopefully things went a little better. Besides, she was excited, this was just the opportunity she needed to start something great. She should let her focus on her past slip ups steal today's joy from her.

Leaving the bathroom, Bea's heels clicked softly across the tiled floor as she made her way to the upper floors of the building. When she asked the receptionist downstairs where she should go this was where she was instructed. Exiting the elevator she approached the desk of another receptionist or perhaps assistant this time.

Clearing her throat gently, she smiled, "Hello, I'm Beatrix Winsley. I have an appointment with Fernando Silph this morning." The assistant nodded and directed that she sit and wait in an available chair while they informed Mr. Silph. Nodding, Bea did as she was told, sitting in a chair and crossing her legs as she let her amber eyes wander across the room.

--

Xtra notes:
F*CK WITH ME & I'LL,
c h a n g e - y o u r - l i f e
dandy ♫

[newclass=.queenbea1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/0c/35/5U9aKaKv_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#6c5291!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #000000;border-right:2px solid #000000;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .queenbea3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 18:00:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]As expected of such an establishment, the room is well furnished. Vibrant personal effects sprawl across the receptionist desk. It gives the living space a bit more personality compared to the initial vision enshrined by the general designer. Beatrix, in all her patience, will have ample time to soak in her surroundings as she's kept waiting for several minutes, bordering double digits, before Fernando personally come out to greet her.

"Miss Winsley, apologizes for keeping you waiting." He gestures back the way she came, a retracing of her steps all the way back to the elevator. "I hope your day has been pleasant so far? Let's walk." The invitation is set and Fernando enjoys his momentarily break from work with an improvisational approach to interviewing.

"Tell me a bit more about yourself, about your work."

@bea

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 16:13:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","queenbea2"]The décor of this area offered a different vibe that what she'd seen on the lower levels. Plush, expensive furniture, vibrant colors, and perfectly placed accent decorations, balanced off the room and gave it a high end, but approachable feeling. Bea nodded in approval as she finished making her assessment. Time ticked on and eventually she was tempted to pull out her phone and begin surfing the web. Just as she considered the option one final time, movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention.

There he was, the man of the hour, now making his way towards her. Caught off guard at the fact that he came to retrieve her personally, Bea quickly rose to her feet, smoothing her skirt down as she did so. "Miss Winsley, apologizes for keeping you waiting." Fernando said smoothly as he gestured for them to walk out the way she came. She was a bit surprised not to be heading into his office, as she expected this interview to go. But she believed she could adapt properly.

"No problem, I didn't wait long." she said softly. "I hope your day has been pleasant so far? Let's walk." Taking his cue, she walked beside him, making sure to match her pace with his. They made their way to the elevator that she had just come from. As they waited he turned to face her. "Tell me a bit more about yourself, about your work."

A classic interview question, one she had prepared for but one that made her nervous all the same. "Well, I love long walks on the beach and desire world peace." she began with a light hearted pageant joke as the doors to the elevator dinged open. Clearing her throat she answered seriously, "I recently moved here from Galar and I just managed to finally settle down." She chuckled,

"It's been a bit hectic being in a new place." she went on to clarify. "Back home in Galar, I participated in many pageants and won a few too." She said as they stepped into the elevator. If she took the time to list all of her titles it would take too long. "I left home, with a desire to learn more and spread my wings." She certainly wasn't able to learn much staying at home.

"So, I'm here in Hoenn, trying to find a way to make my dreams come true. I'm willing to work hard for them, but most importantly I'm willing to learn." Bea continued as she lightly tapped on her clutch with her manicured nail. "I figured joining the league and getting some first hand experience from the many talented souls there would be a good start. And then I ran into you." She offered a small smile to Fernando.

Bea was out of practice, her delivery could've been executed better and she used a bit too much fluff when she should've been more straight to the point with her answer. Too late now to change what she said, she just hoped it would suffice for now.

--

Xtra notes:
F*CK WITH ME & I'LL,
dandy ♫

[newclass=.queenbea1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/0c/35/5U9aKaKv_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#6c5291!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #000000;border-right:2px solid #000000;[/newclass][newclass=.queenbea3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .queenbea3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 21:48:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Everyone is different. They all have their distinctive personalities along with their approach when confronted with certain questions. How they handle it determines his initial assessment and what bucket of ‘personality’ he categorizes them. For Bea, opening up with a joke, fits her somewhere between relaxed and extroverted. At least until she proves otherwise.

The League is not a bad choice by any means,” the elevator hums to life when Fernando selects a floor. “But I’m curious what you intended to learn from them. Considering your background, I would suspect you were looking for something closer to the entertainment industry. A representative or promotional model, if you will.

@bea

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 13:56:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","queenbea2"]“The League is not a bad choice by any means,” Fernando replies as he selects the floor, making the elevator hum to life. “But I’m curious what you intended to learn from them. Considering your background, I would suspect you were looking for something closer to the entertainment industry. A representative or promotional model, if you will.”

Beatrix nodded at this. Yes, of course he'd be wondering why she chose such an indirect path. However, discussing family matters during an interview...Bea just didn't feel all that comfortable sharing. But then again, she couldn't exactly afford to bullshit her way through this. Fernando seemed like the type to easily see through lies.

Clearing her throat once more she nodded. "Right, well if it was up to me I certainly would've chosen those options. Modeling is what my heart desires, but it's not what my family desires." She said the last part with a huff. "If I wish to continue to have my family's support then I need to show them something more...practical. Which is why I joined the League." Bea tucked a piece of her silver hair behind her ear.

The last conversation she remembered having with her parents was not really a conversation. It was a screaming fest. No one was listening to each other and tension was so thick in the air you could practically cut it with a knife. The compromise between herself and her parents didn't even come via normal means like a conversation or a phone call, it was a freaking contract. Just thinking back on it gave Bea a headache as she sighed.

"But just because my family can't see it doesn't mean I'm willing to give up on my dreams. It just means I need to work twice as hard as everyone else." Bea said with a shrug. That's why, despite not being a morning person she still woke up before sunrise to begin her day. She ate healthy, exercised, and spent her money wisely. All things she normally wouldn't do, but because this was important to her, she now did. Perhaps this was what they called, maturity.

--

Xtra notes:
F*CK WITH ME & I'LL,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 16:54:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah. Naturally.

A typical backstory. Not one that strikes as a mark against her but boring enough that he’s seen it one too many times before. The elevator comes to an abrupt stop as does his interest. He’s heard enough.

Well, that type of work ethic is something I find admirable. Thankfully, here at Silph Co., we’re more of a meritocracy than anything else. The more you achieve the brighter your future.

They continue onward through an assortment of enclosures featuring dozens of different Pokemon. Most of Fernando’s underutilized ones remain here for caretaking along with the occasional study or experiment. None of them are exceptionally rare but their numbers seem quite numerous considering they’re still indoors. It almost seems as if it’s something short of an extravagant zoo.

And, please excuse my phrasing, but you do have the look. A woman of your stature is incredibly attractive, just the right look I want for one of our pioneer projects.” He leads her to the end of the hall where double doors part to reveal an empty computer lab filled with an assortment of electronics. Several scientist continues about their day, those who make chance upon them either wave or avoid eye contact completely.

How would you rate yourself as a trainer, Miss Winsley?

@bea

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 2:44:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","queenbea2"]“Ah. Naturally.” was all that Fernando offered after hearing her sad backstory. She wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, but at least for now it was something they could move past. The elevator dinged as it came to an abrupt stop once it reached it's destination. Fernando didn't wait for her to exit as he quickly and smoothly made his way out of the elevator.

Bea quickly followed behind him, being mindful not to make that much noise as her heels clicked against the tiled floor once more. “Well, that type of work ethic is something I find admirable. Thankfully, here at Silph Co., we’re more of a meritocracy than anything else. The more you achieve the brighter your future.” Beatrix nodded. She was relived to hear that at least. When it didn't concern where she came from or how much experience she had, she was allowed to soar. This she could work with, that was for sure because when it came to work ethic she liked to believe she was one of the most hard working.

The pair made their way through a bunch of doors and pathways. She wasn't sure where they were headed but she made a point to hover close to Fernando. Which, by the way, was harder than one might think considering he was rather tall and his stride was long. As they continued the sight of mass amount of pokémon caught her eye. She had questions but she refrained from asking them for now.

“And, please excuse my phrasing," Fernando began again, "But you do have the look. A woman of your stature is incredibly attractive, just the right look I want for one of our pioneer projects.” Beatrix nodded, a smug smile graced her lips at the compliment. Things she knew but she was always happy to have confirmed by other's. If it was one thing Bea was blessed with, it was her looks and she would use that and milk that for everything it was worth with zero regrets.

At the end of the hall are a pair of double doors that lead to a bare computer lab. Scattered around the lab were scurrying scientist going about their day to day work. Only a few managed to link gazes with the pair before quickly darting away as quick as they had come. This caused Bea to raised an arched eyebrow but she didn't say anything. Just what exactly did he have in mind for her? She realized for the first time she had committed wholeheartedly to this without even stopping for a moment to consider what it was she would be doing, exactly.

She had gotten too excited and overlooked something quite major. Oh well, it was too late to back down now. “How would you rate yourself as a trainer, Miss Winsley?” came his next question. Bea pursed her lips and she placed a manicured hand on her hip. "There's definitely room for improvement but..." she trailed off as she looked around. "I believe I can make a pretty convincing case to an audience." She offered with a smile.

"Fairly adequate but I'm an extremely fast learner." she finally gave an straight forward answer. She wasn't the best thing out there but she was good enough. And she wasn't lying when she said she was an extremely fast learner. It's another reason why she chose to join the league. If any path was going to produce results quick enough to please her parent's it would be this path. Combined with Bea's natural talent and hard work ethic she was bound to produce something worthwhile in no time.

--

Xtra notes:
F*CK WITH ME & I'LL,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 1:27:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Impressive,” Fernando answers, “but the worse the better.

He continues until they reach a display stand with various trinkets. Among them, he selects a pair of silver sunglasses, holding it by the arms. “The Silph Scope version three beta. Unreleased to the general public but up for pre-sale to select individuals that can afford it.

He presses on a small button on the glasses’ hinge. It comes to life, translucent text scrawling across the lens. “It’s outfitted with a scanner that can identify Pokemon, their moves, and abilities based off their behavior. Consider it the Pokedex replacement.

Fernando offers it to her. “Our next move is to pair it with data on your own Pokemon to calculate the best course of action. Automate the process so anyone can become a decent trainer.

So where does she come in?

I want you to assist in advertising it. Show it off and make it look sexy.

@bea

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 11:09:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","queenbea2"]“Impressive,” Fernando answers, “but the worse the better.” A light but barely audible "Huh?" escapes her lips as as she flashes Fernando a quizzical glare. Normally employer's wanted their employees to be competent, no?

Expecting him to go on and clarify she stayed silent, waiting for further explanation. She follows him as he leads her to a display stand that had numerous different trinkets she didn't know anything about. Selecting a pair of glasses from the stand he continues, pulling Bea's attention back to him. “The Silph Scope version three beta. Unreleased to the general public but up for pre-sale to select individuals that can afford it.”

Ah, suddenly now she was beginning to understand what he was proposing now. Nodding her head to signal him to continue, Fernando went on with his job pitch. Pushing a button on the side of the glasses translucent text began to scroll across the lens. “It’s outfitted with a scanner that can identify Pokémon, their moves, and abilities based off their behavior. Consider it the Pokedex replacement.” Bea whistled softly as her amber eyes twinkled.

It was like a get rich quick scheme except with the promise of becoming a better trainer with this tool. Something that absolutely appealed to her since it was a quick fix. Time in her youth spent literally doing anything other than idolizing trainers and wanting to be like them could be fixed with a tool like this. Or at least it could catch her up to speed since she was so behind the curve.

Fernando then offers her the glasses which causes the corners of her mouth to quirk up in a smirk ever so slightly. Taking her slender fingers and hooking them around the curve of the arm of the glasses she holds onto them for a moment without breaking eye contact with Fernando.

“Our next move is to pair it with data on your own Pokémon to calculate the best course of action. Automate the process so anyone can become a decent trainer.” Bea nodded as her theories were confirmed. It seemed the most logical next step in this case. "Hmm" Bea hummed as she examined the frames. It certainly sounded like he was confident enough in his product. This could be the start of a new era for his company as the issued in new generations of trainers. She wondered how that would affect how things are now. It certainly promised to be interesting.

“I want you to assist in advertising it. Show it off and make it look sexy.” Bea's signature wicked smirk was back in full force on her features. "Now that, I can do." she said confidently as she slid the delicate frames on her face. "How do I look?" She asked with a wink as she tossed a strand of silver hair behind her back and posed for Fernando.

Besides, maybe the more she worked with him on this project the more she could learn about it and possibly reap some of the benefits from it. If she became a great trainer then she'd be able to show the progress to her parents and finally get them off her back. She'd be free to live her life as she pleased. That, sounded like a dream to her, and she was all in. "So when do I start?" she asked with a smile flashed in his direction.

--

Xtra notes:
F*CK WITH ME & I'LL,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 18:42:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Impressive. I like it.

Fernando observes her for a moment, taking a step back to breath her in, before judging the image presented. At face value, it’ll do. The fact that he elevates her ego is just to make sure her confidence holds. He has no doubt in her but history reminds him to be conscious of his employee’s feelings.

As soon as you sign your contract. I’ll have something drafted and ready for within three business days at the latest.

That’s the bulk of her work going forward. There’ll be some more tasks, such as commercial shoots, photo-ops, and other features in the future but that can wait. Everything else will be outlined in the legalese.

I’m glad you seem so eager to accept, although, with your best interest at heart, I would caution you to read over it prior to signing. Are you eager to work, Miss Winsley?

@bea

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 20:14:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: