2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 4:47:17 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam crouches nearby a smaller gravestone on an unpopular corner near mt. pyre's peak, hands firmly grasping his knees. he sticks an incense by it as per kanto tradition, silently offering a prayer despite not being religious at all.

his espeon shifts as it detects someone nearby. priam's attention goes to his pokemon, before searching for whoever may have disturbed the psychic-type's rest. eventually, he finds it and forms a smile alongside a greeting.

"lululululu!" he greets with an absurd nickname. "surprised to see you here."

he knows nothing much about the head scientist besides her work and a preface of her personality. still, it doesn't stop priam for being overfamiliar with her.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 16:14:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

Gardevoir's TELEPORT delivered her to the top of Mt. Pyre—although it seemed that the pokemon had been a hair off this time.

Luckily, while she had not yet honed the powers she shared with the dark legendary, she had found that it allowed her to finally be free of her fear of places like these. So, when she and the Gardevoir materialized amongst graves and traveling spirits, Lulu’s blackened heart remained calmly in her chest.

She regarded an enthusiastic with an interested, albeit exhausted look. Living under the curse of the sandman, Lulu got even less sleep than she had previously—which had not been much.

“Priam.” she acknowledged, hardly attempting to match his energy. Even her voice sounded tired. “Just here checking on the seeds.” She looked up at the headstone in front of him but wouldn’t ask.

“Congratulations.” Not on the death of whomever (it didn't occur to her that it might be taken that way) but rather on the acknowledgement, the mission, the Guzzlord

Fuck Guzzlord.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 19:29:33 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam takes note of her more weary state of the head scientist when she greets him. he wonders how walsh remains to look fresh despite being an avatar of darkrai when the others do not.

"seeds? what seeds?" he asks lulu. "are you into plants now? i want in if you're doing plant stuff!"

he stands up from his position and dusts his hands off of each other. eyes round with curiosity, he muses about lulu's words and tries to find the beset possible meaning behind it with his sheer optimism.

"congratulations...? oh, you meant for the recognition last meeting? hehehe..." there's nervous laughter that priam forces to sound confident. he cements the facade with his next words. "about time i'm given something big!"

he puffs his chest, but deflates it in time for his own rebuttal.

"i should be the one congratulating you! avatar? that's pretty big thing!"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 8:55:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

A bit of tired laughter welled in her chest and came out low, stifled. “I’m not much of a garden type.” Lulu admitted with a shrug. “Thought they looked sort of odd, though. Decided to give it a shot.”

She nodded at him, pleasantness fading a couple shades for a moment over a realization. Eighteen was when she’d been handed her first weapon. At least Rocket had waited that long. Any remnant of a bleeding heart was willfully breathed out with a light sigh.

Why did she care?

Perhaps had grown on her, managing it when few could. Couldn't avoid liking people all the time.

“Quite.” She responded. In the end, she wouldn’t be the one to burden him with lectures and reveals of her concern. Even if she’d been capable, she had a reputation to uphold. It was part of the job; part of survival.

Nor would she say ‘one of those shits killed my weezing,’ however much it hung aggressively on her tongue.

Her smile was more pressed again at his contratulations. The lust for power which had caused such an impulsive seeking of partnership had been heavily subdued by backfire, and the weight of Darkrai’s influence. The crazy was still there, but ultimately rendered benign. “Thanks.” Was all she said in response.

“Care to join me?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 16:35:44 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hell yeah!" was the simple answer to the invitation.

he looks around the area, trying to find what seems to look like a garden of sorts, but finds nothing nearby.

"so where's the plants?" he asks, tone still excited for the prospect of horticulture for some reason. "why'd you plant plants here though?"

more questions start to trickle out of priam's stream of thoughts. he tries to suppress them for the most part, only allowing one to get out at a time.

"i feel like i missed something... are these plants actually special?"

the only thing he remembers about the carnival was lighting up fireworks and stealing food from abandoned stalls with . the seeds part was left entirely unexplored by him.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 2:30:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

Her chin nodded towards the top of the mountain. “Up there.”

At his question, one side of her mouth creased. “It was per the farmers recommendation. I’d guess the ground is more fertile.” She had no idea, really, but she wasn’t about word it like that to Priam.

“Suppose we’ll find out.”

After her first trip up the mountain, and after realizing how little she knew about plants in general, she’d done some research—enough to know that these were no ordinary seeds. However, she was unable to focus on such studies enough to delve deeper. Beyond the process of photosynthesis, Lulu cared little about plants. And for her ignorance, she lacked a green thumb.

She began walking up the slope, expecting him to follow. Her hands slipped into pockets. “Know anything about the blue mulch yet?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 18:31:54 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he's heard stories of magic beans and such, taking them in face value instead of learning life lessons from it. he wonders if lulu wants to get rich, or something similar, but it contradicts what he knows about her or the trend of what the scientists he personally knows want.

following lulu up the slope, he scoops up his espeon and allows him to ride his shoulders as they walk. he expects something when they arrive at the top, though the bar to exceed is easily mt since the threshold of exciting priam was low.

talking about the mission at least keeps him from expecting more, however.

"well, there's nothing i can relate to it about xerneas' location just yet," he mentions. "but if it's just the blue mulch, there's tons! the previous head scientist did a bunch of tests on it!"

priam's expression seem to brighten when he talked about the project.

"did you know the guzzlord was just an arm that we stole from the league at first? the blue mulch regenerated it to an entire thing! it's living too. it's like, where did it get all those body mass, right? it's magic!"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2021 7:39:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

Lulu wasn’t always privy to the work of her predecessors, and it was frustrating to realize when such a wealth of knowledge had passed by under her nose.

She said nothing at first, instead making a mental note to check up on said research before coming back with more informed questions. “It’s certainly interesting.”

Regeneration was not something unexplained in biology, in one form or another, across all species. That wasn’t the part she was curious about. She was curious about what sort of qualities the mulch possessed to be able to cause such a timewarp in the healing process, and what other things could it be used for?

The scientist tucked a few mysteries away for later as they headed for the peak, ground crunching beneath them. “What’s your plan of action?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 12:22:42 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam starts his nervous chuckling when prompted about his plans for the assignment. realistically, the ones he has in mind were nowhere near as feasible as what a genius in the field like lulu wouldn't roll her eyes about. in an attempt to impress, he gives her the most realistic approach his head can think of at that moment.

"i'm thinking of heading back to where it was first spotted." he forces himself to speak straight. "the tree's kinda blown up and poisoned, but it's the easiest lead to follow!"

it's the only lead he has that doesn't involve something very idealistic like going to the woods of fortree and hoping a white tree just stands there in the middle of nowhere.

"only thing is that i don't have privileges to go to that contest hall's basement. the fiasco during the last festival on oldale made sneaking in harder too. i'm just waiting 'till the heat cools off."

he pauses for a moment, before continuing. "...that's a good plan, right?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 23:54:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

Boots crunched, while the edges of Gardevoir’s skirt seemed to float over sacred ground. They ascended past headstones.

She shrugged at him. He gave her too much credit. “No idea. Let’s hope so.”

Her hands still hung loose in her pockets, shoulders swaying lightly with her steps. “Here to help in any way that I can.” Green eyes looked over at him, turning the tables. “Even… looking for trees.”

“People seem to think I should go outside more.” Darkrai included.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 17:50:49 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he grins at her support. he supposed he's holding her too high up a pedestal to realize that he's welcome to treat her just like everyone else. he's sending her memes later to test it out.

"you should!" he reiterates opinions seemingly told to lulu before. "vitamin d's good for you!"

not that priam knew anything about being a nutritionist. it just sounded right as common sense would have it. vitamin is good for the body, regardless of what it is, according to priam.

"plus people like a little color on their ladies! i mean, statistically speaking, more people prefer a little bit of tan. then again, you already look nice as it is, so..."

he clicks his tongue, fires of finger guns and winks playfully. it ends with a chuckle, indicating that he wasn't serious on hitting on her, as he moves back to walking backwards, still facing lulu.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 0:58:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

“Yes. Thank goodness for scientists, who have invented supplements so none of us ever have to go outside, really.” Except to dabble in agriculture, of course.

A lack of tan made the shade of Lulu’s blush all the more pronounced at Priam’s compliment. There were few existing in Rocket who had extended such boldness. For one, she was an acquired taste.

The finger guns proved to be too effective. She cleared her throat and averted eyes which had gone a bit wide, despite sleeplessly protesting the extra light. …?

“Thanks, Priam.”

They arrived to the top of the mountain, already well past the threshold of the Twilight Zone, to behold rows of greenery; the beginnings of her crops amongst the other farmers of Hoenn.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 16:41:21 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the reaction he gets from her gets mirrored in priam's smile. "no probs," he responds coolly before he almost trips, forcing him to walk the correct way soon after.

when they arrive at the destination, priam is meet with a garden that he never expected to be at the top of mt. pyre. he pauses the moment he sees it to stare at it with awe.

"so people really do get their farming here," he gasps in surprise. never did he see anything else grow on mt. pyre aside from grass and weeds until now. it might just be because he never wanders far from his usual place, he tells himself.

"are all of these yours?" he asks curiously.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 9:28:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SEEDS 2/3

The two would stand shoulder to shoulder for a moment, both gawking at the sudden burst of green through the fog.

“Lord, no.”

“I planted three.”

Lulu started off towards the end of one of the rows, eventually squatting near it. Unsure of what she was looking for, she held out an index finger and swiped it left and right at the leaf, testing its strength (?). Her lips pursed as she wondered momentarily if she should ask Priam about it. He was the tree and mulch guy.

“Well... they're not dead!” she announced. “So that’s good.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
grave [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 16:39:05 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the way she acts around the plants hinted priam about her experience in growing them. he'd be in the same boat since he hasn't grown anything outside of hardy plants and grass-type pokemon.

"i'm surprised they grow here, to be honest. do you think all the decayed dead people and pokemon around here make the soil more desirable or something?"

he meant it more as a joke as he snickers at his own attempt to make the mood lighter, but the thought lingered in his head after he had mentioned it.

"ooh, did you know that talking to them apparently makes them grow better?" he blurts out. "i don't know much about the science behind it, but people say it's effective."

like how talking to dead people about your grievances help, albeit not to the other party.