thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 20:59:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's strange to be home again, after so much has changed. The familiar ash-stained brick of the Fallarbor bungalow instills a strange melancholy in Gavin, who unlocks the front door and dusts stray ash from his blond hair. The Lycanroc left to guard the residence in its owners' absence growls softly at an unfamiliar presence.

Because he is unfamiliar, now; irreversibly changed. Does the werewolf smell corruption on the wind, or is it only difference that provokes it?

Gavin is comforted, at least, when Lycanroc stalks out to defend its territory and relaxes upon recognizing its master. The bristled fur along its spine flattens, and it greedily accepts a bone that Gavin tosses toward it. The rustle of the bag as Gavin zips it close, the jingle of keys as he locks the door behind him, the gentle trill of Alcremie from the kitchen — some things remained blissfully familiar.

Including the silhouette of , whom he'd asked to meet him here. He had sought her out after the meeting's conclusion only to find she was already gone.

"There's a lot for us to talk about," he acknowledges, inclining his head. Though he longs to step forward and embrace her, concern for her fight-or-flight instinct keeps him at a respectable distance. He blocks no exits. "You left early. Are you all right?"
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 21:15:18 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-em]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]
never be more than a wolf

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
There is an unmistakable chill she feels when the front door opens. She can hear the restless rumble of unease rise from the throats of the Lycanroc in the house. They rise to their feet and the fur along their spines rise in tandem, their growls reflecting their anxiety.[break][break]

It reflects in the stiffness in Emma's shoulders, too, despite the fact the man who enters doesn't close the distance. He looms even if he doesn't intend to, his gaze heavier than it ever has been. It leaves her breathless, restless, uncomfortable.[break][break]

"I thought that if I challenged it, the nightmares would stop."[break][break]

There is an unmistakable note of fear in her voice. She doesn't turn around, and instead focuses on the view from the window. It looks like she is searching for something, but all she can see is the reflection of Gavin hovering in the background. He doesn't block any exits but his presence now is still imposing. [break][break]

"But now I see you in them, too."[break][break]

When she closes her eyes, she can see Lugia's red eyes, the beast's wings wrapped around him. [break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-emcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/CKsGxpR/emma1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 21:27:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Where once he was a balm for the nightmares that plagued her, Gavin seems saddened by the thought that he might make them worse. Saddened, but not surprised.

He wishes she would look at him, but doesn't demand it.

Wisps of fog curl around his reflection's silhouette; his ascension is fresh, and his powers not yet understood. Yet he can feel Lugia's presence even when the legendary isn't at his side, a comforting weight against his conscience.

"I mean you no harm, love." What he wants to say is this: I would never hurt you. But the words would ring hollow and untrue. He did not want to hurt her, but there is pain in the distance between them. "Tell me of your nightmares. What are you afraid of?"
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 21:41:34 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
Wisps of fog curl around Gavin's reflection, and witnessing it encourages her to suck in a breath. Her fingers grip the windowsill, the awkward thud of her heart quickening at the sight. Had it ever done that before? No- this was a new development. This was the influence of Lugia's power being bestowed upon him.[break][break]

He speaks again but the trail of his words leaves her skin a path of gooseflesh. She shivers, head tilting so that her cheek faced him somewhat. It was an attempt, and yet fear prevented her from having the courage to truly see him.[break][break]

"I am afraid of losing you. Lugia will consume you- a Gods power is no match for a human being."[break][break]

She had seen it devour her past lover, seen her lust for it drive her mad. Although she had never seen the consequence of other beings blessed to become an avatar, she could only assume that tragedy had befallen them too, in some capacity.[break][break]

"This isn't you."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/CKsGxpR/emma1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 21:56:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shakes his head.

"Emma — I have never felt more like myself."

How could he put into words the certainty that Lugia has blessed him with? Her battle with Darkrai had solved none of the nightmares which plagued her, but Lugia has driven doubt and fear from Gavin's mind. There are things he fears for, still, people he fears for...

He fears for Emma, fears he might lose her to this or something else. He fears for Marcel, in Kanto. He fears for his sister and her troubles with Silph.

But he no longer fears himself.

"Lugia hasn't asked me for anything." Yet if it did, Gavin is almost certain he would give it. Lugia had saved his life, once, when no other had been around to help. When he has nightmares, he dreams no longer of frost but of the never-ending void of the Light-Devourer's realm. He smiles softly. "It promised only to stay by my side."

There is an implication, there: it had spoken to him.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 0:51:31 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"That is exactly what she used to say. I lost her to these wild fantasies of ancient Gods, legendary Pokemon, the strength they could give- the strength they took away."[break][break]

There is desperation in her voice this time, an exhausting attempt to get through to him. They'd been through these arguments before, but neither one had ever come out on the other end satisfied with the result. [break][break]

And it is in the admittance, the bold-faced lie that Lugia hasn't asked anything of him that she snaps. [break][break]

"It has asked you for everything, Gavin. It has asked for your body, your mind, your spirit. You are no longer yourself, you are a pawn for the God's bidding. It promises to stay by your side until it finds someone better, until it deems itself strong enough to continue on its own."[break][break]

She turns, then, to face him. [break][break]

"There is something terrible coming, an undoing. There is a reason these Pokemon are seeking out 'avatars'. And you have pried this God open and expected it to kneel? Gavin.."[break][break]

The woman shakes her head.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 2:01:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Once, Gavin might have grown furious. Now, he is unerringly calm as he meets 's gaze with eyes not of Lugia's red, but of his own cool amber.

"My mind remains my own," he says firmly. "My body, my spirit. Lugia has surely known my thoughts enough to know that I am no one's pawn. We are partners, not slave and master. When I was in control, I treated Lugia with respect. I trust it to return that favour."

He can feel Lugia's power thrumming through him, still, like a second heartbeat that pulses in time with his own. Though he has yet to understand its secrets, he does not feel used. There are no thoughts in his head that come unbidden, no impulse against his will. There is only the unwavering certainty that has not left him since their partnership was forged.

Emma seems convinced of a doomsday, and Gavin cannot share in her fear. "Then we will stand against it, as we stood against the Light-Devourer, and we will survive. Rocket will survive, and so will you."

He leans his weight against the wall, fog pooling at his feet. "I am not the ghost of your past. I am not her; whoever she was. I am sorry you lost her to a lust for power, but you will not lose me to the same."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:10:20 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"... are you no longer in control?"[break][break]

There is a breathlessness to the way she asks this question. Her hands fall to her sides as though she has no strength left to hold herself together. The ever calm, composed Emma Wolfe has been replaced with a shell of a person. She is afraid, isolated as a result of her own self-doubt.[break][break]

"I don't want to survive. I want to live. I'm tired of the hiding, the fighting, the suffering I cause- that Rocket causes. You have immense power now, what will you do with it?"[break][break]

Her fingers clench into weak fists, a slight tremble to the way she composes herself. He challenges her with his words, both arguing with her in an attempt to make her see reason, and making a vow. But her brows come together with a note of concern. She wants to believe him. The love she felt for him had never been lost - maybe misplaced.[break][break]

"I know that... but I don't think I could survive losing you, too. You are following a path I don't know how to follow, Gavin. I--"[break][break]

Emma's voice trembles and she can feel the bile rise in the back of her throat at her own weakness. But she cannot stop the crash of fear that threatens her. It surges like a tidal wave and she crumbles beneath it. There had been a time the wolf stood alone, but since finding him, she had learned what it meant to be loved. To belong. [break][break]

"I'm afraid."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:25:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin cants his head, realizing the implication of his words. He shakes his head, lifts a bracing hand as if to physically take back the statement. "I am in control of myself," he assures her, "but I no longer command Lugia against its will. It remains at my side because it wants to, and not because it must."

Had it chosen to, he's certain it could have wiped out many in Rocket during that fateful meeting.

"You haven't lost me," he reminds her, soft. "I'm still here. I will do with my power what I've always done — stand with Rocket, and in support of it. It sounds as if you're having doubts."

He frowns, concern reflected in the depths of his gaze. She is scared, and he is worried for her.

"What do you want out of Rocket?" They're a criminal organization that thrives off the suffering of others, and Gavin has never held any illusion otherwise. But they're also his family, his friends, his life. "You know I could never leave."

More than that, he no longer wants to.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 13:34:27 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"Doesn't that worry you? That Legendary Pokemon, that Gods are choosing to side with humans?"[break][break]

He doesn't get it. All he sees is opportunity, all he knows is that Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket. There is nothing more than that, for him, it seems. Once upon a time she had thought the same, like a hive-mind with the organization. But she had seen past that.[break][break]

"Rocket was meant to rectify the League, to bring it back to a state where the system works. But all I see if more bloodshed, more chaos, more malicious intent. We are meant to be doing better, but I have yet to see that. We're hurting people for the sake of making headlines, to frame the League. Is that what you stand for, Gavin?"[break][break]

She knew that some of what they had been doing was good- and that was the reason she remained with Rocket. But she was uncomfortable sometimes with the way Rocket was being handled. They were no better than the League with the corruption and lies they spread.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 18:54:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"No," he replies, earnest. "I would rather they side with us than against us."

More than that, Lugia had chosen him. Something greater than himself had deemed him worthy, had filled the void that his parents had left.

Emma's next words instill a sadness that reflects in his gaze, a solemn smile forming on his lips. "Rocket has never been good, Em. I told you, once, that I am not a good person." They were an alternative to the League that had hurt so many among them, but they were not a shining example of how things should be run. "Rocket are family to me. They took me in when the League, Galar's version of the League, cast me out. When my parents cast me out. They were not good to me, but I will be good to them."

He had told Emma that Rocket was changing, and it has. They look out for their own where once they might have turned on one another... but it did not make them good. They would never be good, not in the way that she wanted.

"I stand for Rocket," he concludes, to answer her question definitely. "I always will. I have no desire to harm those who stand aside, but for those that don't..."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 19:49:39 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
His answer makes sense, but it isn't really an answer to the question she was asking. Of course, anyone would prefer that the Gods side with the humans as opposed to against them- but was that really ideal? Shouldn't they be scared?[break][break]

Perhaps not. Perhaps she was merely a coward showing her true colours, cowering under the watchful gaze of beings greater than her. Perhaps she was envious and confusing her envy with fear. [break][break]

And to see the man smile at her in such a sad way only serves to make her skin crawl. [break][break]

"There is no such thing as 'good' in a world like this, Gavin. I'm not asking Rocket to be 'good'. I'm asking them to be better. The League is failing this region with the lies they spread and the misinformation they claim. But we are not helping our own image with some of the choices we're making."[break][break]

Granted, she understands that Rocket has come a long way from the horrors that murdered and pillaged and stole in an attempt to instil fear. But today's Rocket is treading a fine line to retracing the steps of their predecessor- and it hadn't worked then.[break][break]

"I just want you to be careful. I've seen your rage, Gav, and it's dangerous. I don't trust the League, and I want to put my trust in Rocket because I trust you, but I am concerned with the role Rocket is opting to take. Fear is not always a motivator for change."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 2:35:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"'Better' is subjective."

He is no fool. It would take one to look at Rocket's past and argue its merits against the League under a moral standpoint; they had razed an entire region to suit their own end, then migrated like a swarm of locusts to land on Hoennian soil.

"The people of Hoenn are resistant to change. You've seen the lies and scandal the League have gotten away with." How many horror stories had he heard from Rocket's own? "Sometimes fear is necessary. I have never seen Hoenn so motivated as when the Megalopolans declared war." They had been woefully unprepared for an alien invasion and yet they'd come together and driven it back. The irony of the League working in harmony with Rocket toward a unified goal was not lost on Gavin.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 14:39:02 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"Resistant, but not incapable."[break][break]

Her tone is chastising. Every step of the way she seeks to challenge him, remind him of core values. She watches him carefully, but without judgment. It would solve nothing to look down at him like he were less than- because he wasn't. The difference between them were miniscule, but great enough that it brought Emma cause for concern.[break][break]

"There are better ways than to bring about another war. War did not bode well for Rocket before, as we already know."[break][break]

She alludes to the coup that Rocket had already suffered. Though she does not disagree with the course of action taken, she had been an innocent(in some regards) when Silas had been culled. Emma had escaped by the skin of her teeth in an act that she had not been part of. She had not been Rocket's enemy, and yet they had chosen to alienate her anyway.[break][break]

"We cannot afford to lose the trust of our own people in our pursuit to tear down the League."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 0:37:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
A chastising tone that would once have been met with furious backlash is now met only by a level stare. He does not seem angry, not even as she continues to doubt him.

"It does not have to be war." He, too, had witnessed the horrors of the Slateport invasion. And they had failed. "They need only be afraid enough to revoke their trust in the League that's meant to keep them safe. Many of them will not turn to Rocket, not at first; our reputation is not a good one, thanks to Silas. But weaken the League, and Rocket grows stronger."

He is animated as he speaks. A sharp hand gesture directs fog toward as if blown by a gale, wisps swirling around the room.

"But if it comes to war, if that is Declan's wish... I intend to fight."