the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 2:59:48 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-em]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]
never be more than a wolf

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
She expected the rage, maybe even anticipated it. To see him staring at her- through her, perhaps, worried her more than words could describe. Freya had been different in every sense of the word. But she was not Gavin, and it was unfair of her to compare the two.[break][break]

But his sharp gesture spills fog across the room. It crawls, swirling rapidly and eating up the distance between them. She sucks in a breath and instinctively shifts her weight to avoid it. Fear is her motivator, an emotion she is not comfortable with. But when her attention shifts back to Gavin, she finds it hard to hold onto it.[break][break]

"Okay."[break][break]

This isn't defeat. She doesn't give up control, merely allows herself to put the whole of her trust in the man before her. Emma is a proud woman, incapable of showing any sign of weakness or fragility. And yet, when it comes to him, she feels powerless, unable to reach him. [break][break]

"I am with you." [break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-emcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/CKsGxpR/emma1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 14:33:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Noticing her aversion to the miasma, however instinctual, softens Gavin's approach. He does not want her to be afraid of any part of him, especially not the power he was so proud of.

"It won't hurt you." Conscious of it, now, he wills it to retract — and it does, drifts back to him as if on some gentle breeze, curls around his silhouette and pools in the palm of an outstretched hand. There is a soft fascination in his amber eyes as he watches, before flicking his gaze back up to meet hers. "It makes me feel — good. Energized, I think."

He doesn't understand the extent of what it can do, what he can do, but there is confidence in the assumption that it won't hurt her, because he doesn't want to.

Her relent gives him a hopeful confidence, and he steps forward to close the distance between them. The hand that reaches up to brush her cheek is warm, human, bears the same ridge of scar tissue across its palm.

"I'm still me, love. I promise."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 20:39:24 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
It won't hurt you.[break][break]

But would it hurt others? Was this not the malevolent, unexplainable power of a corrupted God, an abomination? She watches in silence as Gavin draws it back toward him, as his attention settles on the palm of his hand and the swirl of power he has right at his fingertips. Fascination is what she sees reflected in those amber eyes. [break][break]

Emma blinks, swallows, waits and watches. She can't help but feel her breath hitch as he steps forward, closing the distance between them. It had felt like a wall that couldn't be breached, and yet his hand rises to brush the angle of her cheek. The familiarity behind it feels alien, as though she were expecting something other than his warmth.[break][break]

She releases, letting out a shaky, vulnerable breath. Her hand rises to cradle his against her cheek, though her movements are still stiff, awkward, nervous. His hands were still the same ones that had lifted her out of the alley, been stained with her blood. They had put her back together, brushed her hair back, held her steady.[break][break]

And they held her even now, even despite the strangeness she can feel thrumming in his fingertips. Nothing has changed, and yet everything has changed. Emma forces herself to close her fingers around his hand. In him, she had found a home, and she was so fucking tired of running.[break][break]

"I believe you."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/CKsGxpR/emma1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 13:00:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
In the tense quiet, Gavin can hear the hitch of her breath as he steps close. It rattles as she exhales, but her hand lifts to touch his own regardless of whatever trepidation she felt. A warm gratitude settles in Gavin's chest, and he draws his thumb gently across her cheek.

Her fingers close around his own, her grip an anchor to his humanity. So long as he had someone to love, someone who loved him in return, he felt he would not lose himself to the nirvana of power. There was more at stake than his own mind.

"If there's anything you want to ask, for you I am an open book."

He kept many secrets, but not from her.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 4:58:31 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
It is only through sheer willpower that she does not let the tears fall that she can feel building pressure behind her eyes. His thumb brushes against her cheek and the familiarity of it reassures her, stills the rapid beating of her heart. She finds herself watching him, searching his amber eyes for something unkind - but she doesn't see it.[break][break]

At least, not now.[break][break]

She breathes out another sigh when he speaks and she reaches for his other hand. Rather than twine her fingers through his, she presses it firmly to her chest, fingers unrelenting in their purpose.[break][break]

"I want you to tell me everything, always. I want to know. I want you to be with me, always, I want your trust and your honesty. I want to make sure that it is still you that comes home to me every night."[break][break]

He would feel the thud of her heart with his hand covering it. It felt like she was giving him an ultimatum, a vow that he would remain hers, that he wouldn't turn her away. [break][break]

But she couldn't help but still have an inkling of doubt. She had never trusted the bonds between legendary Pokemon and people - and this was far, far more unpredictable and uncharted. [break][break]

It was one thing to be the avatar of a God, it was another for that God to be corrupt.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 23:07:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"There is nothing I have not told you." He feels the rhythm of her racing heart beneath his fingers, implores her belief through an earnest amber gaze. "You know more about me than Walsh does, I—"

He hesitates, a sudden nervous energy overtaking him. He owed much to the Rocket boss. Lugia had granted him avatarship of its own volition, but it had been Walsh to assist the ailing legendary and restore its mind.

"I think I ought to tell him, too. About who I am." It's clear that the revelation is sudden by the furrow of his brow, a frown tugging at his lips. He shakes his head as if to clear it. "But never mind that. I told you, Emma, because I trust you more than anyone."

He swallows as if bracing himself for a hard discussion.

"I am not unchanged," he admits. "I can feel Lugia's influence."

He had felt it when he'd stood against Darkrai; the corrupt legendary had fueled his lust for battle with its own, a fierce determination to fight, wound, win. The miasma had been an influence all on its own, his senses heightened and amplified. It had been exhilarating, for Gavin, but he believes that will see it differently. As manipulation rather than encouragement.

When it had spoken in Shoal Cave, Articuno's influence had presented itself as benevolent, calming. Lugia's felt darker, fiercer — yet Gavin welcomed it, for it burned away the insecurity he'd spent a lifetime trying to outrun.

"But it isn't a bad change. Not for me."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 2:31:56 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"Are you sure?"[break][break]

She doesn't say this out of distrust for their boss, but because she knows how important this secret is. Chances were, if she were being honest, that Walsh already knew every fine-tuned detail about the man. He almost certainly knew about herself, as Silas had before him. And although he hadn't asked anything of her yet to the same degree Silas had, she still treads lightly. [break][break]

"I know. I can feel it too."[break][break]

The woman's voice is barely above a whisper. Her admission is more than just in relation to the Lugia, however. It relates to the Darkrai, to the creeping sense of anticipation and hunger she'd felt. She'd wanted that same bond he had more than she realized. But a very large part of her was relieved that the pieces hadn't fallen in her hands.[break][break]

"And I will face it with you if you want me to. I want to be a part of this, a part of you, Gavin. Don't keep me at arm's length."[break][break]

Both of her hands rise to hold his face, thumbs stroking his cheeks.[break][break]

"Marry me."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 3:02:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is a long pause as he considers his own words, head tilted so that blond hair falls into his eyes. His lips purse with a thought, and then he nods. "I am. I don't intend to run."

Cillian Quinn had run from his past, but Gavin would not run from the present. Perhaps he wouldn't tell the whole of Rocket, but Walsh deserved to know. , as well. He'd come to trust his fellow underboss, and he believed he had to thank for his willingness to let others in. She has taught him that trust does not always equate to vulnerability, that love is not a weakness but a strength. He does not fear their partnership. He fears not getting too close to her, but driving her away instead.

So when she says those two words, marry me, as if they hadn't just discussed the severity of her mistrust in his bond with the corrupt legendary — Gavin is caught off guard. He blinks, slow, and the surprise settles on his features unhindered.

Then he laughs, the sound gentle and bearing no hint of mockery. The smile that curves his lips is genuine. "I didn't know you believed in marriage." She kept others at a distance; even him, at times, though they'd grown together into shared comfort. Though Lugia's influence on him is not inconsiderable, the giddy feeling of warmth and adoration that spreads through his chest is entirely his own. "If that's what you want, I — of course. In a heartbeat, I would. I will."

Too soon, some might suggest, for they've not been together a year, but they are far from a conventional pair. There would be hoops to jump through, details to discuss... but he was certain of one thing: "I love you, Emma. I would never push you away."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 22:52:20 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
The words leave her lips before she has a chance to fully think it over - but as soon as they're gone it's as if a weight has been lifted from her chest. She'd meant it, every syllable. [break][break]

His laughter, the quiet exhale of breath, it grounds her. [break][break]

"I believe in us, Gavin."[break][break]

The man's stammering prompts an equally warm expression from the woman. He had somehow managed to survive her cold-front and open up another side of her, a side that hadn't existed since before she had fallen off the deep end. He was seeing a side of her, a version of her that not even Freya had seen.[break][break]

One hand rises to brush his golden hair from his eyes so that she might study his face further. She's smiling, and despite the sadness in it, that is not really the emotion she feels. His words instill warmth and security, more than he might realise.[break][break]

"I love you. I love you."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 9:39:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Any fears he may have had for their relationship are cleansed by an overwhelming, blazing love for her. Important though it was to him, even avatarship is momentarily forgotten in adoration.

"So do I."

It feels an ineloquent confirmation. How could he possibly put such feelings into words? Before he had been alone for a long, long time. Perhaps since birth he'd been isolated from the world, keeping even his own sister at a distance.

Her smile seems almost sad, but Gavin's grin is radiant in response.

In lieu of the words that would no doubt fail him, he abandons hesitation and kisses her fierce. He can't stop smiling, soft laughter in a pause for breath. "Marriage. Who'd have thought, the two of us?"

His hands wander: neck, chest, the curve of her waist.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
apotheosis [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 14:40:56 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fallarbor town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
There is no need for words, and so when he breaks the silence between them with kisses, with laughter - she can feel the strength in his confirmation more deeply than she ever needed to hear it. [break][break]

His hands wander and she lets them, breathing life into every touch and caress. The fierceness of his passion is met with her own, her breath warm as her own affection is shown. For now, there exists only the two of them in the small space of their kitchen.[break][break]

There is a pause in which words are spoken in the curve of her neck. It is a breathless reiteration, and one that she smiles at.[break][break]

"You are the most important part of my life, my love."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki