6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 18:45:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they were well away from the shallow part of the cave and are entering the deeper areas. there's not much to see, besides an occasional ice-type that curiously looks at them when they pass by. kyle ignores them for the most part to enjoy the greater things of this abrupt trip.

"does sinnoh or unova sound like good vacation places?" he asks noah as he enters the depths of the cave with him. "we can train our cold resistance for those places if we stay here long enough."

low temperatures seep through kyle's normal, casual clothing that he entered the place with. he feels chills crawling under his skin, although it's something he can endure for the most part.

maybe he'll admit to noah that he gets chilly easily and that those places were a no-go.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 7:38:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "sinnoh's pretty cool, but i've always wanted to try a casteliacone." noah's breath puffs out from his lips, skin pink and raw from the sheer chill of shoal cave. "i think we've already trained enough for the cold in that old outpost, y'know."

a cheeky grin flashes across noah's face. a wink sparkles in its corner like the icicles that capture the occasional beam of light. but the act is disturbed quickly with a shiver.

"unless we need a reminder."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 18:31:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle gets red when noah references something he shouldn't have and presses his palm against the gym leader's face. it stays longer than he intended, if only because he wants to leech off of noah's warmth. kyle gets off of it eventually at least.

"w-what kind of reminder?" he asks wearily.

kyle tries to sigh, but the curiosity behind noah's next cheeky answer prevents him from doing so. instead, he presses forward, both deeper into the cave and to the real reason for their trip down hoenn's hidden tourist attractions.

"speaking of reminders, do you need one for why we're really here?" he can only hope he gets an affirmative from noah.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 3:40:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "don't play dumb, dummy."

noah's play comes at a cost. he slips and slides across the cave's ice; the sneakers he wears are his lesser favorites with soles worn down flat. on second thought, he realizes he should have prepared better.

he pulls out a small bag and shakes it. inside, the carrot seeds scatter around like popcorn kernels ready to explode.

"yep. do you think these are gonna grow into like, super healthy carrots? i could fix you up some good smoothies, man." he pats the other's chest like a doting caretaker. "make you big and strong."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 14:33:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle's expression contorts to what seems to be discomfort when he's trying to look composed amid noah's pats. the red from an earlier expression carries over as he attempts to remain unfazed by the touch.

"yeah, but i don't like the taste of the smoothies you make," he complains. he'd still drinks them regardless though.

there's a moment where kyle just watches noah scatter the seeds around. he remains silent while his eyes stare intently at the ground, as if processing the action in his head, before finally reacting to it.

"you're not gonna find a better place to grow them?" he asks. "wild pokemon could get to these, y'know?"

he waits for some sort of optimistic resolution or assurance that noah will inevitably come up with.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 19:22:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "you're just picky, bro."

as noah begins to throw the promise of harvest across the icy earth, his boyfriend's skepticism causes his hand to still. noah stops. his breath puffs out in a white cloud before he falls to a squat.

"aw shit, i forgot about that." he begins to gather the seeds from the ground, plucking them with his cold fingertips. noah cranes his head back with a pout. his broad back is like a blastoise's shell hunched over in regret. "okay, well, help me pick up my brain from the ground."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 5:35:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle chuckles at noah's form, mostly because it's fun to point out mistakes when he knows the people he does it to wouldn't think of him as being too critical for it because he only does it for entertainment.

"that's what i'm here for."

he crouches beside noah and starts to help him take each individual seed from the ground. his fingers start to feel numb as they reach for the ground; the cold surface of the ground wasn't going to be something kyle would get used to.

"i can't believe you'd waste these precious seeds if i wasn't here," he jokes around. "i deserve a cut for the harvest for this. can you make a salad instead of a smoothie?"

noah's vegetable smoothies just have this some kind of texture that makes the taste stick to his tongue so he can't get rid of it until he washes his mouth with some beverage that isn't water.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 6:54:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "that's why we're the peeeerfect match," noah says, plucking the last of the seeds, "and if you want salad, no dressing." the gym leader shakes his head, dark hair scattering cold across his face.

he takes the empty bag to slide the seeds in from his palm. noah pinches the bag open so that kyle can do the same. he thanks him, a cold fog of air brushing his hands.

noah takes a moment before frowning, "are my smoothies really that bad? i thought you liked them."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 16:45:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you'd at least let me have those bacon bits, right?" he bargains for his salad.

he gives noah back the seeds through the bag they came from. a good natured smile suddenly turns awkward when noah brings up a point that gets him suddenly conscious of his words.

"er, well..." he lets his words last to give him time to follow up with a less risky answer. "they're the best vegetable smoothies i've ever had?"

kyle places his thumb and index finger on noah's cheeks, squeezing them together as he gets up. he goes in for a quick peck on his lips before shifting his gaze at another direction, hiding the red in his face.

"there's a place deeper from here where the ice rock is. it's high up that it won't get affected by shifting tides as well."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 6:23:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "bacon bits are shared!"

kyle's ambiguity is not lost on noah; they were the best and the only vegetable smoothies he's presumably ever had. and yet, noah grins all smug like he won a local talent show's trophy, which makes his cheek a prime target for a pinch. the kiss comes quick. a small blossom of warmth touches their lips before the cold air rushes in from the retreat.

"wanna lead the way?"" noah hears the rhythmic pulse of water from afar. he cycles behind kyle without waiting for an answer. "tide's coming in earlier than i thought. we should get a move on, man."

noah vaults quick, hands bracing the other's shoulders, he kisses his partner on the nape of his neck as if striking a match. behind him, his bag of supplies jostles around.

"hurry or else we'll be trapped here for awhile."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 18:46:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"have you not been in this place before?" kyle teases when noah asks him to lead the way. "oh, yeah, i forgot."

he doesn't verbally mention the tendencies of the so-called bodyguard to do careless things unbefitting the profession such as being careless around precarious rock formations and easily getting lost in a labyrinth of a cave.

kyle rubs the part where the contact happened, blushing lightly as he trudges on. it was more difficult to travel during the low tides, but at least it was easier to see where the frost around the stalagmites and stalactites starts to occur.

"wouldn't you like to be trapped with me," he teases once more. "alone in the cold with me, with nothing but the two of us for warmth."

kyle immediately regrets his words as soon as he said them.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 5:20:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 he lets his guard down around kyle. that's all. like a cracked window drinking rain, there is renewal in the vulnerability. a grand revival in kantonian ashes.

regret is easy to bite into. noah takes the bait quick, lets the hook pierce him willingly.

"yeah," noah says, hands tight on the straps of his backpack, "sounds good, right?"

deeper in this frigid pit, noah prods with the crest of his imagination.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 16:55:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"y-yeah," he is forced to admit.

eventually, he leads him to a secluded area in the cave. the temperatures start to drop drastically and all corridors in the cave eventually lead to one dead end, or at least, that's how it appeared to kyle, who knew of the place and the path towards the ice rock by memory.

very few pokemon approach the room, mostly since there will always be pokemon who preferred not to be confined in the boss room in a dungeon. kyle supposed it's the perfect location to get a garden in should noah want to be a farmer.

"guess this is the place," he mentions, hands wrapped around his arms as he fends off the cold.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 7:01:46 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah's teeth chatter slightly. whether it is due to excitement or the cold, one can not tell. cold fingers grab at his carrot seed bag. it pops open and they shake against the packet's corners.

noah plucks several seeds. scatters them across cold soil that is loosened by swift kicks of his shoes. after, noah rejoins kyle. he rubs the other's arms for warmth, the friction enough to stave off the chill temporarily. slowed by the cold, noah leans into the other, voice a warm note accented by white clouds.

"how'd you know about this place, by the way?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,451 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cold [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 5:06:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're not a full-fledged hoenn trainer if you haven't gone on an adventure on the depths of the shoal cave," he proudly mentions to noah. "well, i only ventured in after i was like twenty-one, but it still counts."

he leans back to noah when he feels him cling to him, welcoming the warmth he brings. his eyes wander around to spot anything else worth notetaking with regards to getting a garden down, though he doesn't see anything so far.

"what about you? your bodyguard stint didn't bring you here once?"

it should've brought him places, he supposed. he tried to talk about it a lot, but noah always brings the conversation to somewhere where it can be turned to flirting and kyle always takes the bait to respond back.