Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
plus one
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 4:15:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Click, click, click.

Down the hall she went again. Lulu didn’t attend parties often, and she had to prepare. There were a lot of ways that this could go south.

She’d been vague on the purpose of their meeting, as always. As secure as her communication devices were, the ultimate guarantee to privacy was not using them at all if avoidable.

Two small knocks. “It’s Flint.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 22:04:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The door would open after a silent moment, but it was not Oscar greeting Lulu on the other side. When Oscar had received Lulu's message to meet, he was ill prepared. He had been at his Mauville office, preparing a presentation for the following morning. He wouldn't have time to make it all the way to the Rocket sub and back in time for the presentation--but he'd never want to miss a meeting with Ms. Flint. Thus, Oscar called in a favor.

The being that opened the door for Lulu was Malum the Malamar, whose insufferable smugness had earned him the job of watching over Oscar's sub office. Malum looked Lulu up and down, smirking at a joke only he understood. The tentacled trickster slid out of the way, opening the door wider to reveal Oscar's office.

It was mostly basic, he didn't spend much time there so there was no need to personalize it. He wasn't even sure why Beasts got offices, they never needed them for Rocket duties. Nevertheless it has been set up with a computer, albeit a rather old model. The only thing that seemed decent was the brand new webcam that sat on top of the monitor, hadn't even had the plastic wrapping taken off the lens yet.

Malum moved to the Keyboard, typing a few keystrokes before painstakingly turning the monitor to face Lulu. Upon the screen she would see the pixilated visage of Oscar, live from an empty GMH boardroom. He himself was using a newly bought laptop, as he knew to spare no expense when it came to the security of this meeting. 

Oscar sipped at a cream soda he had poured into a bourbon glass, his eyebags invisible on Malum's shoddy monitor. When the crystal clear Lulu appeared, Oscar smiled. "Good evening ma'me, I hope you don't mind the circumstances. I assure you I've taken great lengths to keep this meeting a secret." The beast cocked his eyebrow, his smile turning mischievous as he leaned toward the screen.

"Now how can I help you?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 0:22:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

When a Malamar appeared behind the door, Lulu’s face turned at it. A nasty run-in with one in the wild months prior had caused particularly bad nightmares—before she’d become the queen of them. Back when they’d been a real issue and fueled a drinking problem.

She followed it wordlessly. Avatarship did not mean there was any propensity for such an interaction. In fact, the memory was quite something to reflect on, now. It derailed her.

When she appeared, the look on her face would have been one already deep in her own head. She visibly snapped back to reality with the sound of his voice.

“Always much appreciated.” She assured.

Fingers folded in her lap and a foot bounced lightly, unseen.

“I’ve been invited to attend an upcoming Devon Corp. event. Some big unveiling.” She paused, her jaw shifting a few curious degrees. “Have you heard anything about it?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 21:30:52 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar raised an eyebrow, his mouth churning into an amused smile. "Is that so? News to me I'm afraid." Oscar was quiet for a long time, his pixelated face deep in thought. What exactly was Devon's game here? Ever since he wrestled their hold over Hoenn's power from them, Oscar tried his best to have as little to do with them as possible. Silph had long claimed the rest of that carcass, no use going in for seconds when he barely escaped with the chunk he had. Yet he couldn't deny, this intrigued him.

As Oscar's curiosity got the better over his judgement, his expression hardened. He was in business mode now, a serious mood for a serious topic. While not intending to be intimidating, the pixels morphed his face into something inhuman. Perhaps even demonic. Finally, Oscar decided to speak.

"This is very interesting Ms. Flint. If you wouldn't mind I would like to know more. Everything you know, if you can manage it."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 1:45:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“I suppose I should first make you aware that I’ve developed a friendly relationship with Fernando Silph for the purpose of attempting to infiltrate Silph Co.’s research.” Probably should have come up sooner, but better late than never, right? She paused, but not for too long, not particularly keen on giving him much room to ask questions.

“He’s invited me to join him as his plus one—but, unfortunately, he’s told me nothing; not even a date.” A finger tapped nervously at that. “I figured I would forward the invitation and bring you along with me.” Not literally, though, of course. “If you’re interested. And, I feel it safe to assume you might be.”

Again, there wasn’t much time given to question her involvement with , as she reached to redeem herself by enlightening Oscar to her sacrifices for this, their endeavors.

“Tomorrow, in Galar, my death will be staged. After, my family won’t know that I’m still alive. Press will cover it. My face may become relevant again, briefly, but by the time the event is here, I will have been removed from all watch lists. Effectively nonexistent.” She could never go back—not that she’d been able to anyways.

“In addition to allowing me to attend this event, this will give me the opportunity to finally own my new identity to the public and colleagues in the field of science.” And she would remain loyal to him. Continue to make sacrifices. It was all there in her eyes. “I can now have a tangible piece on the board.” She could play politics for him.

She wouldn’t have to hide from the cameras, or from the questions. From anyone, really—especially not with Rocket keeping the same sort of energy. They could stand shoulder to shoulder, in some capacity, giving the people of Hoenn a good look at the faces of genius.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:16:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar took in Lulu's information stoically. He kept his feelings close to his chest, although he didn't suspect anything odd. His only passing thought about her involvement with Silph co. was that he didn't trust ol' Fernando as far as he could throw him--and that wasn't far. Insight into Lulu's backstory was fascinating, and while he wanted to pry he concluded that now would not be the best time. 

Finally Oscar smiled, leaning back as he answered. "I'd like to follow up on that faking your death bit, but for now I think your idea is splendid. The things we could observe at this party could be invaluable--and even if it isn't at least we gave due diligence.

Oscar rolled his neck, chuckling as he imagined all those stuffy shits patting each other on the back for being rich. Was he bitter about not being invited? Maybe a little, but he didn't feel too bad. After all, he would get to attend anyway. Whether they liked it or not.

Oscar folded his hands together, "Alright let's meet tomorrow afternoon and we'll plan how to handle the bug. Thank you for coming to me with this, I feel very blessed to call you my ally. Was there anything else you think I should know?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,366 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 8:17:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Agreed.” She responded.

There was a bit more to this than Lulu had let on. Oscar had the big bucks and the business-mindedness. Lulu wanted his wisdom as much as she wanted his financial investment. She was competitive. She’d found herself on the next level of life, and suddenly, everyone relevant around her had more power—including her kin, and that just wouldn’t do. What did this mean? She needed to elevate herself.

She wanted public recognition for the energy project—as well as partnership over a new subsidiary. Further scoping out the potential competition and big-brained ideas in Hoenn's climate of rapidly developing technology would be a good first step. Kill two birds with one stone.

But now wasn’t the time to present her ideas. “That’s it for now. I’ll see you tomorrow, then.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
plus one
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 2:08:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: