Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 9:25:52 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanhover"]

[attr="class","bryanimg"]

[attr="class","bryantitle"]佺黎血
[attr="class","bryanoverlap"]You should see me in a crown.

[attr="class","bryanbody"]Audino graciously accepts the thin slice of bean. Careful to not sadden the Pokémon despite not being hungry. She panics for a moment before just deciding to eat it all in one bite and then smiled at the Floette as she thanked it for the meal. [break][break]
 However as the heartwarming interaction with Audino and Floette, was contrasted by reserved one of Bryan and Elijah's. He informed bryan as to the exact nature of what made this floette so special. "A battery huh?" he says a bit in shock, unhappy with this new information. "That's putting it lightly...it's really fucked up." he replied. [break][break]
His heartached for the poor creature and related to it. Stuck in a cage until it's purpose was served...then what? It was only when that cursed question, Is bryan happy with his life in rocket woke him up from the dream. Ah yes, self reflection, Bryan's worst nightmare. He waited a moment to answer before pulling out his flask and taking a sip before he buckled up. [break][break]
 "Its-" he stopped before he handed the silver flask that's seen some use over to elijah and offered a swig. "It's complicated." he answered. "I-I don't know." he finally blurts out hoping he could trust elijah to not talk. Who was he kidding? Elijah wouldn't talk right? He waited to see how Elijah reacted to the doubt before he continued.

[break]
[attr="class","bryaninfo"]TAGGED:

[attr="class","bryancredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.bryanhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/C7MbXVz/4c13452c9adf8ebf7bdee361ab5b87b3.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryantitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#972100;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanoverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanbody b]color:#972100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryaninfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryancredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 5:42:02 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "not the only thing that's fucked up here." elijah buries his hands into his pockets.

while the pokemon bond over beans, elijah prods quietly. with silence, there is no need to survey. he allows bryan's thoughts to do the work for him.

elijah raises his hand at the flask, "no thanks. i just brushed my teeth."

nearby, a small sink with an old raggedy toothbrush. it's balanced against the sink's edge and spins ever so slightly on the bevel.

"that's too bad." elijah says. "that makes you a liability, you know."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 4:55:53 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"]"Suit yourself." he said taking a swig of his own liquor, he opted to not answer the  part of the conversation because...well it's what made things so complicated for him and rocket. [break][break]
"I wouldn't say im a Liability..it's." he continued as the struggle on his face was becoming more apparent by the second. "I hate the league too much to betray rocket. Rocket saved me from an early death im sure of it." he answers honestly, rocket has been too good too him for him to leave them now. He hesitates a bit more before speaking again. "I-It-" he said sighing failing to find the words [break][break]

Sulking a bit as he looked over to the floette and extended a finger to scratch her head. "Everyone leaves me eventually. Family left me, league left me, friends left me. Rocket's always been there. I don't like what they do sometimes, I wish there was less death...But maybe it's necessary? I don't know, I don't have the answers. All I know is I don't like nor trust the league and from what Declan has shown us of kanto..."  [break][break]

It's why he so ferociously chased after Xerneas, he wants to protect who he cares about. Most importantly, he wanted to protect his sister even if he couldn't be with her right now. She didn't leave him because she wanted to, she had no choice in the matter. She was different than his so called family and friends. He coughed a bit realizing he made it a bit awkward, "So uh. how did it get this way?" as the Floette albeit tired was enjoying the scratches bryan provided

[break]

[newclass=.bryanhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/C7MbXVz/4c13452c9adf8ebf7bdee361ab5b87b3.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryantitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#972100;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanoverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryanbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryaninfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.bryancredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 5:18:56 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "sad." elijah offers clipped sympathy. as if trimming hedges or arranging flowers, he shifts awkwardly and hides behind metaphorical foliage. "then there's no where else for you to go." a laugh escapes him as a coarse puff of air. "look at the silver lining. you're right where you belong."

the floette's unusual colour seems to brighten as it recuperates. still, the harsh light of an underwater submarine's dingy office drowns all life from hue.

"rumour has it that it grew from a special seed. others say it was attracted to the flower that grew from it instead." elijah shrugs. "cadis was the one who found it and now he's busy dying."

he releases his heavy arms and they fall like unraveling dhelmise.

"at least one thing's clear. we both don't trust the league. that makes you good enough for me."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 5:15:27 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"]
"Pretty much." he says looking away at some of the plants in Elijah's office to not have to look him in the face and show the pain he holds deep inside him. "It's at least given me purpose where I had none. For that I'm thankful, also you mentioned dying. This thing wont kill me will it?" he says hesitantly as he was holding it in his arms. [break][break]

"Hah, good enough for what?" he asked curiously "To be your mary juana buddy?" as a small spanish accent was allowed to slip through bryan's teeth as he made his silly little joke. The Floette was now fast asleep in his arms...he knew it was time to put it back where it belonged. [break][break]

"Does she have any little furniture?" he asked stupidly as he knew damn well Elijah wasn't the type to do that shit. "I wouldn't mind finding some to at least make her more comfortable in that little cage." he adds.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:38:00 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "won't kill you, but stranger things have happened."

the accent lands flat on elijah's ear drums. humourlessly, the apothecary stares at him with bleached blankness. the stare turns into a scythe of scathing critique as he witnesses the floette fall asleep.

"no furniture. nothing comfortable." elijah demands. "i don't want this floette thinking it's a part of a loving family. that it's going to be owned by some caring trainer." he holds the cage door open wide and its little hinges squeak. "pretending we care about it is a lie crueler than the machine we put it in."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 20:33:52 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"]Bryan was surprised by Elijah's sudden change in attitude. He raised an eyebrow at the man as he placed the floette back in it's cage. "Maybe YOU dont care. But I do, I wont bring the furniture but your line of thinking is pretty silly." he adds "If it's serving a purpose for rocket we should at least respect it enough to properly care for it where we can. Hell who knows maybe it would have more energy for that machine or something." he adds as he realizes his own line of thinking became as flimsy as a piece of paper. [break][break]

He adds before realizing something "Ya know, it kind of sounds like what rocket did for me. They didn't care for me exactly per say, But they at least eased some suffering in my life by offering comfort where it could. But whatever I'll respect your decision." as he decides to stop before it causes any further problems. He liked Elijah and didn't wanna lose one of the few friends he had in rocket. 

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 5:14:58 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "have more energy for the machine." elijah's laugh trumpets out from the corner of his lip like bitter flame. "you're cute."

but the compliment is heavy and flat: a dense vest, too cumbersome to wear as praise.

"not my decision. that's the thing." elijah says. "it's the higher ups. but i agree with them. listen, kid." he closes the cage, the metal rattling as it swings in. "we're all in the dumps here. get too comfortable and you'll get shit on."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 20:50:58 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"] "Cute?" His face turns red from fluster as Elijah calling him cute and regarding him like a kid who deserved pity. That red now turns into one of anger why the fuck is he talking down to him like that? His rage was bubbling up but he decided not to do anything about it, where he was ready to answer back to Gavin Bryan didn't fear Elijah. [break][break]

He gestured for Elijah to come to the lab "Let's not disturb her sleep. Besides, I left my stuff in the other room." he told him. Back in the lab room bryan went to his belongings and went back to work "I hope you know you earned the nickname old man now for calling me kid." he teased as he fiddled with his grinder again like a mad man and continued from where he left off previously. [break][break]
He then presented a solution then to his problems. "Who exactly do you mean then by higher ups? Declan? ? ?" he asked with a pause. "What if I presented a new battery instead?" he asked wondering how exactly Elijah would react to that statement and provide more info for it based on Elijah's response.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 5:45:44 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah snorts. the sound is like the strike of a match before the whoosh of a flame. he laughs, pointing a fat finger at bryan's flushed face. "you should see yourself right now."

he doesn't being called old man. he's been called it a dozen times before. despite his youth, he moves about like one who has been hard at work all of his life: aged by hobby, practice and disappointment.

"sure. all of them. you never know. we're all grunts relative to someone else." he stops, brow raised like an old cobble arch. "what do you mean new battery?"

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 2:18:20 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"]Bryan silently protested against Elijah's laughter by giving him a big middle finger and looking away from the whole thing. He crossed his arms as this was going to be some pretty big order he intended to fill, but if he was going to do it he could not do it alone. Maybe having Elijah's help with it would make that dream a reality? [break][break]

Bryan paused as he ignited the joint he had made and took the first pull from it before releasing it to above them, Damn that shit was good. He pushed his hair up with his free hand and offered the joint to Elijah. [break][break]

"Myself. I intend to become Xerneas's avatar." he tells him with a small grin that bordered on crazy was painted on his face. "I need Xerneas. I'm not stopping until it accepts me as it's avatar. I don't care what anyone says or tells me." A man on a mission was a deadly one.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 4:49:40 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "ambitious."

elijah takes the article. the office swells with its scent, and the plants coil and shiver as if in timid greeting.

"but why?" elijah asks after emptying his mouth of smoke. "power? significance? you wanna fuck it?" he shakes his head, his stiff green hairstrands like spears.

"shit's scary to me."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 5:10:52 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"]Bryan stared at him with the most confused fucking look on his face. "Fuck it? are you serious?..Are there people like that in rocket?" he stared kind of grossed out by the concept. He did remember reading something about some guy and a Greninja or something. But that's not what was important, the reason he had to tell Elijah was why. Should he tell him? Or was it better to keep it to himself? Would he help him? Questions plagued his mind but all at once he silenced them by going out on a limb. [break][break]

"Her name is Soleil. @soleil ." he adds the last name after the fact "She has an incurable disease and she's running out of time." staying a bit vague aside from the fact that it's his sister, trying to not speak too much about his past [break][break]

"On top of that who knows what kind of other threat is looming around whatever corner. I can cure her with blue mulch if I managed to get my hands on it..but who knows if it lasts forever, who knows if something else doesn't come and riddle her body with another disease or some shit. Xerneas is a more permanent solution, plus with all these avatars popping up Rocket needs some more.." [break][break]

He was just blabbing at this point to fill the awkward silence while he waited for his turn with the joint.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 2:42:43 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "not just rocket. all around the glooobe." elijah says, voice like a paper airplane spinning around the terrible sphere.

occasionally, it'd get in the news. rare— but it happens. elijah glosses over such passages.

"and how do you know blue mulch will help your sister?"

elijah's face is sculpted with the chisel of skepticism. one strike is enough to cast the humor out of expression.

"what if xerneas," elijah says, clowning the deer's name, "has no intention of helping your sister? it's a pokemon, bryan. not a philanthropist."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,654 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Do you have the thyme?
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 7:29:53 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bryanbody"] "I dont, but from what I've heard from various people this mulch can bring back the dead. So what is an incurable disease to literally reversing the concept of death itself." he says as he takes the blunt back from Elijah and inhales it, allowing it to sit in his lungs a bit until it hurt and he let out a small controlled cough. [break][break]

Elijah also did make a fair point, even after all this searching and pleading with it. Once he found Xerneas there was no guarantee that it would help him. "You are right, it's not a philanthropist. But even with how much I respect and admire it, at the end of the day it's a pokemon." he says studying the joint for a few moments to give some pause to the conversation. [break][break]
"And a Pokémon can be controlled or coerced. It's not my style nor do I want it to come to that.  But if it's the only option I have left, then I will do it. I need her alive and I don't want to die to a random avatar."

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]