Learnin' with Irvine [B]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Learnin' with Irvine [B]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 9:12:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","monkeybrain"]
231 for
It's a beautiful day today.

It's been raining all day long. With the sky crying like this, who couldn't get giddy? It meant some quality time with some of his coworkers! Irvine was ecstatic about that! It wasn't that he was trapped here with them, oh no no, they were trapped here with him. Which meant that he could try telling jokes. Oh, how much fun it would be to see them smile today, of all days.

Gloomy days like this were practically asking to bring a little sun into them. Sunshowers are some of the most beautiful sights after all!

With Bubbles draped around his neck, the freckled redhead quickly scampered out of the break room, quickly searching around as he entered the training room with an incredibly fake innocent smile to his face. Bubbles was a small baby, but she loved hearing her human dad's jokes. They didn't make the Azurill cry, or tear up. In fact, the little blue being would always bounce and laugh, softening up quite a bit from their hayday. Laughter was the best medicine.

Changing into an outfit befitting for a workout, he pulled on a white v-neck, a small necklace around it as he got into a set of gym shorts, and waltzed his way to the training area.

There, he would find his target. "Hello there! Lots'o rain today, huh?"
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".monkeybrain"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".monkeybrain b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#00FFFF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".monkeybrain i"]font-style:italic;color:#DC143C; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Learnin' with Irvine [B]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 22:55:30 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Panzer, lay down some fire for Kotaro.” Rowan looked towards his Kingdra, watching as the Pokemon started gathering energy in their rifle-like maw. “Kotato, you ready?” The Greninja offered a nod in response, lowering himself to the ground in a readied position for the assault that was coming. “Now!” Panzer unleashed multiple blasts of HYDRO PUMP towards the Greninja, staggering each of them by a few seconds to create a challenge for the Pokemon. Kotato’s movements were blurred, dodging each of them in an effortless manner that showed the extent of the training that Gavin had put them through before handing them off to Rowan. “Alright Argos, get in there!”

Slowbro approached from behind Kotaro as he was distracted with the onslaught coming from Panzer, the shell clamped onto his tail beginning to glow brilliantly with energy. Argos saw the opportunity he was looking for before long, leaping into action in a rather spry manner for a Slowbrow before swinging his tail towards Kotaro with the intent of slamming into them with RAZOR SHELL. Smoke billowed out from all around the Greninja as the Pokemon engaged his SMOKESCREEN, disappearing into the thick haze and evading the attack entirely. “Where did he...?” Rowan spun around as he felt a presence behind him, eyes locked suddenly with Kotaro who was holding a WATER SHURIKEN to the neck of Panzer. “Bloody hell, you’re good.” The Greninja released Panzer and offered a small bow towards Rowan, ending the training simulation.

“Huh?” An unknown voice called out towards him as Rowan took mental inventory of how the fight had gone, looking to make adjustments for the next attempt. “Oh, I guess so.” He wasn’t bothered by the rain, seeing as his specialty was in Water-type Pokemon, hardly recognizing the change in weather with how intense their training had been. “I’m Rowan, you are?”

@irvine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Learnin' with Irvine [B]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:14:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
214 for
Oh? This guy had some crazy strong looking Pokemon. All Water types though, which gave Staticus the type advantage on the three. Argos, Panzer, and Kotaro. Was he a Water trainer? Oh, water puns were going to go swimmingly with him, Irvine could already tell.

"Irvine Rielly's the name. A pleasure to be meetin' you, Rowan." he very passively pointed to the Azurill around his neck, her giddy darkened grin was ready for the puns to start. "This 'ere is Bubbles. She's a wee bab, but don't let her small stature fool you. She's a right killer, she is." He gave a pet to the little blue baby Pokemon's head, before turning his gaze to Rowan.

The smug smile took hold immediately.

"So water you doin?" Taking a second as he asked, he crossed his arms, a shine to his teeth as he took out one of his Pokeballs. "Cuz it looks to me you need a trainin partner, and I got some time to kill."

"Friendly match? Rocket to Rocket? Compadre to compadre? Raindrops say two's a party, and three's a cloud." Bubbles was cackling. Well SOMEONE had to like these puns and dad jokes. Irvine just hoped he could get a chuckle, or something from this guy.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Learnin' with Irvine [B]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 4:59:43 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Nice to meet you, Irvine.” Rowan offered a friendly nod with his response, returning each one of his Pokémon to their Pokeballs as they’d reached the end of their training session, for now. “You too, Bubbles.” He couldn’t help but smile at the Azurill, reminded of his own that he’d been raising since saving her from an impending swarm of Spearow. “I can tell, she looks absolutely vicious.” It wasn’t difficult to discern that Irvine was from Galar, much like himself, considering the accent and choice of words. Seeing as Rowan had attended private institutions for his schooling, his own accent was more refined than their own, though he was known to falter from time to time when frustrated.

Did he just say ‘water’, instead of ‘what are’? This was going to be a long conversation, wasn’t it? “I could use some help actually, if you’re up for a scrap.” Rowan reached towards a Pokeball that hadn’t been in the previous series with Argos, Panzer and Kotaro. “I have one with me that hasn’t seen proper battle yet, perhaps you can give her a worthy challenge.” Tossing out the Pokeball into the artificial arena, Irvine would be presented with the lumbering form of a Seismitoad. “Heket, this is Irvine.” She gave a small wave with one lanky arm, seemingly having a good demeanor. “You really like jokes, don’t you?”

@irvine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Learnin' with Irvine [B]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 3:11:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
233 for
What was with Rockets ant not having a sense of humor? Bubbles and Irvine shared a very disappointed look towards Rowan for a moment that washed away pretty quickly. Back to the drawing board for the two of 'em! Noting how vicious Bubbles was, the Azurill looked all the more proud. A stone cold killer.

Crossing his arms at the mention of needing help, Irvine grinned, taking out one of his own Pokeballs and spinning on his finger. With deft hands, it almost came out of nowhere, as he gave a rather sly, challenging smirk. "Oh, that right? Suppose I can give'em a challenge." He watched the Seissmitoad pop out, and rose a brow, tossing up his Pokeball, and catching it. "Suffice to say Staticus might be at a disadvantage. Graves, however..."

A twisted little smile came on his face. "Time to boo-gie." His emphasis resided on his boo, as he tossed up his own Pokeball. From it, the skull appeared from the shroud of shadow, the red eye gazing at the Seissmitoad with a malicious shiver.

The question on him liking jokes only got answered with a wink. "What can I say? They've groan on me."

If he even got a smile crack, it would send him over the moon. Bubbles was making a tiny, squeaky giggle all the while, with Graves moving closer towards Rowan. Ever watchful.