Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:42:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Suppose I wore the right shoes, then.”

She couldn’t quite feel his warmth—not through sleek kidskin, nor the seam of a nice suit. But being close enough to touch, to smell; to see the veins and all of the unidentifiable things in his eyes, was chilling. The tempo of her heart swelled, and the pain of unknowing was dull yet incessant.

In addition to all of the flashbacks she'd been having, this was the first time she’d really looked him in the eyes since the explosion at the glass workshop. She’d killed four people, and their gods had faced off, surely establishing their rivalry.

Did he know?

She kept a smile, because she was aware they were being watched. She felt indescribable, and it translated to a look which was perhaps similar to his own, but for different reasons. Her feet moved of their own accord, around his ‘bad lead foot’ as she shook off the rust to reveal the basic ballroom skills of Galarian nobility. Meanwhile, she was deep in her own head.

“For this? Really? I would have assumed you’d already known how to dance.”

Despite her discomfort, as they moved, she felt herself enjoying each step with him more and more. He was bestowing her with a feeling of heavy nostalgia. It was bittersweet. The fun of it crushed her heart.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 11:28:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]A sashay of feet bring them together. The more they get into a steady rhythm the more he can divert his attention away. It shows in his eyes, beholden to her.

Knowing and executing are two different things.

He leans in a little closer. Close enough for it to be considered taboo considering the platonic relationship they have in the public. He still smells of his MISTY TERRAIN even if it isn’t visible. It’s a perfume second to none.

But you make for a hell of a motivation.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 11:55:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Why did he like her so much?

Why had he let her go?

Her eyes fell past his shoulder to brush idly on those of another dancing pair. “Did you just figure I’d know how?” She breathed him in without awareness, fumbling through his mental mist.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:02:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No.

He can’t help but avert his eyes now. The answer sits on his tongue but he doesn’t have the guts to say it with a straight face. Well, he can, but that doesn’t uphold the image he’s trying to project. Hesitance adds a nice little topping to really sell the act.

But I figured if you couldn’t you could just put your toes on mine and follow my lead.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 22:02:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Eyes he’d repaired returned to him again, whether he held them or not. Eventually, after turning away emotions which knocked, she deflected with a bit of honest humor. “I'll have you know, I'm too proud a woman to let a man carry me.” Even when it came to trivial things like dancing.

“But that's why you mystify me.” It was low enough that no one else could hear. There was a certain tone to it which implied deeper meanings, hidden messages, as though they were code words and he knew something that no one else in the room did--except her. She knew it too. “Not often I let someone sweep me off my feet.” Certainly not to the point of not knowing which way was up. 

Suspicion radiated, however, a checked smile would suck back out all gravity, and she was back in the moment. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 22:29:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Then you should be proud enough not to be embarrassed. Either work, I’m not picky.

His hand lowers from her waist to her hips as the music comes to a dreadful drawl. His face comes closer, bridging on her shoulder, lips inches away from her ear. His words breath against her skin, warm, but only in temperature.

Good. I’m not particularly good with intimacy but I haven't put this much effort in forever. I didn't know I could have something—something like this.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 23:18:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Like a roar of time, the music slowed. His breath on her bare shoulder was godly. It killed her.

Her heart sprinted down a homestretch, all thoroughbred. “I want to hear you say my name.” Hot-blooded as it was, it ran through a cold vein. 

The edge of her sole lightly bumped into his.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 23:28:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“…?

Fernando stifles a laugh. It’s an odd request and one he doesn’t understand the gravity of. Regardless, he has no reason to refuse. A moment passes to give him the chance to prepare himself.

This is not a night for normal.

Lu~

He considers kissing her but there’s far too many eyes. The way he calls her comes from the heart. It lacks the same bite he normally does. In his heart, he sees someone else, and it makes it all the easier to love her. Tonight, Lulu is her replacement. How he misses her.

Lu~

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 0:02:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

They were hooked at neck and shoulder in silence for a moment. She took a long breath which would whisper in his ear wordlessly.

“Doesn’t sound how I thought it would.”

A finger laced in his traced a knuckle; a deft gesture with all intent. “Maybe we could try again later.”

He was no replacement. He never could be, not for a moment of time. She had begun to love him more like a bottle of tequila--a feeling which she hated and got the strong inkling wasn’t good for her, but had a tendency to indulge in nonetheless.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 0:43:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando stomachs another laugh. This time it threatens to sound more ominous but he keeps it well within him. Whatever scornfulness resides, he knows how to keep it bottled within. After all, appearances are something to upkeep.

What did you think it would sound like?

It sounds curious at first but the last two words drip of something more. It’s probing, almost, without being overtly keen on pressing her.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 1:07:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

As alert as she was, and as she did read into everything he did as much as possible and then some, her mind grabbed the tone at those last two words and promptly ripped it apart in a thorough dissection.

Finding a line, she spooked a bit and folded. “Oh, I don’t know.” She reached for anything clever. “Maybe it’s all the other people in the room. Acoustics and all that.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 2:10:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Interesting.

His voice falls back in line and so does he. The rest of it becomes repetition. A step forward, two steps back, encircled in a revolution between rivals as vast as the night sky.

So,” he leaves the gap for her to fill in.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 3:41:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“So.”

Step. Step step. Silence.

“I was taught ballroom dance when I was seven as a part of etiquette training. Mum said it was a ‘necessary skill for a lady.’” Fernando would surely know by now that Lulu found this amusing without having to see her face.

“Suppose all that training didn’t do much. Woman would’ve smacked me for actually talking at a party.” There was a soft, lazy laugh under her breath. Reminiscing calmed her. It was how she was distracting herself from the scent of Tapu Fini. “I have to give you credit, Fernando. You are not the man I thought you would be. You’ve reminded me not to underestimate people.” Lulu hadn't been shown much kindness early on. She'd grown into a woman who thus did not allow herself to experience kindness often. She ran from it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 17:18:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Cultural difference still astound me.

He pokes at his own past to mingle with her own. “My mother was a proud woman. Etiquette is to be polite but firm. Gender means nothing despite how others judge you. It’s that judgement which should embolden your character, force them to acknowledge you, the soul, and not the vessel that carries it.

Half-true, half-fiction to glamorize what Fernando would have considered ideal. He still remembers his mother but he face becomes hazier as life continues on. There are pictures, yes, but a man of the future rarely looks back.

Her assessment flatters an ego often left unchecked. So many people think they know him. They look, they judge, and they christen him with negativity, while deserved, is baseless considering their perspective. He is evil not because of the sinister actions he performs behind the scenes, but because he won’t smile and laugh in accordance with their tomfoolery.

To hear someone understand that no one understands him is comforting. His affections for her, while manufactured, come from the fact that he sees her as a perfectly molded doll. This is not the real Lulu, not the Saorise she was.

She’s something better, slivers of her personality blended in with his own programming.

That’s why he’s so forward with his courting.

And what did you think I would be?

He’s curious. Will it be something he’s heard before?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 21:54:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The smack she’d been referring to would have hit a son just as hard. Galarian aristocracy managed to hold parties in which not a single conversation was actually had. The goal was to keep things light, instead using casual conversation to masterfully cast shade and insight vague intrigue and see how far they could look down their noses at one another. This was what Lulu had been trained for. Somewhere, she was hiding a doctorate in snobbery.

“I thought you might be evil.” She still had an inkling he might be. “Also thought you’d be ruder.”

“Instead, you were just the right amount. And now you’re sweet of all things. I’m afraid I can’t trust my judge of character anymore.”