awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 23:49:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It shouldn’t—he’s heard it a million times before—but her comment literally catches him off guard. He even ends up tripping over himself, clinging to her as a knee jerk reaction, before saving himself by pivoting with his left heel.

I tend to get that a lot.

His volume dies down as does their dance.

And I never know why.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 5:28:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The spike of her heel threatened to betray her, but she righted it, weighing into the floor like a monolith before stepping again—leading.

He was a mid-twenties mogul dressed in designer and resting bitch-face, who could scarcely reach for all the money raining down on him because his manicured fist was shoved so far up the government's ass that he was showing signs of a fourth career in puppeteering.

“Suppose you’re just misunderstood.”

The dance slowed, and she tilted her chin at him and smiled. “But I’m trying to understand.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 6:48:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Perhaps. But that doesn’t explain why.

His expression is uneasy because Fernando Silph does not falter. Mistakes happen, yes, but something so basic is unbecoming. His apology is deeply seated between knitted eyebrows. He averts eye contact, following after her every step.

I can’t fix a problem without knowing the cause.

He dotes on her at the surface level.

Why, Lulu?~

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 8:46:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Watching a demigod trip over his own foot was something.

“Power tends to read as unfriendly to those who don’t have it—least until they realize that power isn’t going to be used against them. That’s basic instinct. Not sure there’s much to be done about that.”

“You are a very powerful man.” Lashes slanted through smoke and mirrors at him from the side. “Would you rather be an approachable one?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 0:03:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Perhaps.

The music comes to and end and so does their dance. He ponders on her words, unable to give her a fluent answer until they’re well apart, no longer touching.

I rather be me.

He smiles not for her but for those around them. “You’ll have to excuse me, I’ll be a moment. Do enjoy yourself until then. I’ll come find you afterwards.

People merge once more as the evening comes to its climax.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 0:36:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

When he left her, she could feel his presence wane like the fading of a high. It was enough to still her for a long moment. It felt unnatural. The rest of the room came into focus. Things like sound and air returned. Time.

Dumbfounded and a bit spooked, she went for the bar again. “I think he may have drugged me.” The words were breathed low, down her chest like smoke out of the face of the public.

Hyperaware of pseudo-shifts in all manner of sensation, she inevitably descended into paranoia. Her back soon faced the bar defensively, and she sipped water and looked out into the room, assessing her surroundings from wall to wall as though somewhere, there might be the tiny barrel of a gun staring back at her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 17:39:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando’s departure is not without purpose. The whole reason for tonight’s gathering becomes apparent when the spotlight falls on him. He stands front and center, microphone in hand, before addressing the crowd.

Good evening…

His speech is succinct considering the subject matter. He addresses the elephant in the room, that Devon is now owned by Silph Co. One or two self depreciating jokes later, he goes on to reassure them that nothing will change, mostly. Everyone will keep their jobs, their positions will remain the same, the only thing that differs is that they have another powerhouse to back them.

is still the CEO and will be for the foreseeable future. This is true, in some respects, but the fact that he can force her hand puts most of the blame on her. Unless she goes and outs herself, but that has even more drastic repercussions.

To a Stone, what is more important? Their reputation or the legacy and well-being of those they’ve employed for the past few lifetimes?

None of this is known and remains kept in the airtight lock of Fernando’s own ambitions.

Thankfully for everyone’s time comes with a round of applause. He steps down shortly after, scouring the crowd for his date.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 3:26:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She felt… fine, now. This was expressed.

What had that feeling been? Her eyes hung on him, and it took a moment for it to register that he was under a spotlight. She blinked and sipped her water.

Being in the face of any newfound superpower was chilling. Silph Co. was no exception. This was surely now the most profitable company in the world. Fuck. That’s news.” Even as Rocket hung in her ear, the progressiveness of Silph. Co. in the world of technology was gravitational. Porygon had done her in the first time.

But, there could never be any looking elsewhere for work. She ran a lab. She had control, and she couldn’t leave. That was part of the deal. So, the only way to see what the science world was really up to was to break in like the criminal she was. Fernando's company was now even more of a target. Her target. That could not be helped.

The scientist ordered a shot and downed it, turning to find him searching. She remained where she was, simply eyeing at him with raised brows that attempted to read: ‘I'm very surprised and impressed and happy for you.’

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 7:04:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It takes him a while to find her. Not because she’s difficult but because he gently combs through everyone that passes him. Exchanging remarks takes time and Fernando does a full sweep. Thoroughness goes beyond just work, it bleeds into everything.

There you are.

He takes his spot beside her, facing the opposite direction with his elbows against the counter.

Hopefully that wasn’t too stuffy. I always hate big speeches like that.

Another shot is ordered. This time he orders for himself. The strongest they have.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 7:33:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Behind a smile was a careful stare as he approached. As he began to order she spun on the ball of her heel and joined him on elbows. “Congratulations. That's one hell of a surprise.”

She ordered another shot along with him. Same thing. “Not stuffy at all. Showed your inner comedian, even.” A hand went to hold her chin on a thumb pensively. “You continue to impress.” She then held her shot towards his. “To Silph Co.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 8:10:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You think so? Truth be told, Devon isn’t meant to stand for much longer.

He taps his glass against hers before throwing it back. Like always, he winces from the burn. The glass comes down with a resounding clink and he stomachs the aftermath with an expression of disgust.

Greater Mauville Holdings was starting to make a move so I salvaged what was left. I owe it to them.

Even now, even in the presence of someone he doubts will have an impact, he continues to build his narrative. The sociopath in him requires him to live up to the life he’s imagined. It makes lying all that much easier.

Whatever. Things are going well.” Despite the start of the evening, Fernando seems almost bitter now. Burnt out, maybe? It’s a hard read but the difference is as clear as a waning moon. He turns to her, half-smile.

Did you have fun?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 8:39:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Staying ahead of the competition.” She had half of a mind to tell him, but saved it.

“Had a blast. Thanks. Really.” Her head tilted, assessing his change in energy. Overworked and obligated was what registered.

On top of tired, Fernando Silph, with the words and questions of their dance, seemed a bit lost and confused with himself—and it struck her as familiar in a way which softened her eyes. “Did you?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 9:03:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

Good, he thinks. At least one base is covered. That only leaves himself to attend to. In which he replies, “I have you, don’t I?” The smile is emboldened by the claim, confident, cocky.

"Thanks, Lulu.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 9:16:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She found him dangerous in many ways, entranced by his smile for a moment. “My pleasure.”

After a beat of staring, she swallowed and averted her eyes to the other people in the room. Having to reveal a lack of true social skills was inevitable. “What now? More rounds? I’ve never had such an important date before. Not sure what’s fashionable.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GALA
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 19:20:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He scoffs at the compliment. Only now does he feel the burden of his crest. Devon Corp. is nothing more than a shell meant to be sucked dry. However, now that it rests under his mantle, he can’t help but feel responsible. It wears on him now, realization crashing onto him after being carried out.

It’ll process in due time but she catches him during his molt, a twinge of vulnerability that bleeds past the stoic farce.

Technically,” he sheds it immediately, “I’m done. Everything else is for them.

He considers another shot but instead tries to drink from a fountain he has no busy pulling from. “Did you have plans tonight? After this?