Lavenders (M)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 12:39:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“This is a good spot.” She stated, sitting down next to the two large trees, big enough to provide sufficient shading. The area was rather secluded, just how she wanted it.
[break][break]
Just above her, a picnic blanket levitated within the air. Her slowking is still indecisive about where to place it. “Just put it down.” Her voice was laced with mild irritation. There was a low moan as a response, the blanket gracefully floated down onto the grass.
[break][break]
Gina in turn smiled, walking forward to sit on the blanket and set down her small basket that contained today’s lunch. She gave slowking a pat against the crown to show her appreciation.

[break][break]

+ open, mission.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 23:54:19 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
The port city's park wasn't quite as grandiose as he'd expected The upper district of Slateport to be. Or at least it wasn't in comparison to the city's many other attractions. It was hard to believe not even four months ago he'd attended an invite-only conference at the famed oceanic museum not even a mile away. Thoughts of what his life had devolved into in the time since was an easy excuse to sour his mood and so he'd choose to focus on whatever else he could. The first being his Tyrunt that seemed to be enjoying their time outside of the ball and in the manmade wilderness, the second being a small picnic basket that rested on his wrist. He'd tasked the rock pokemon to search for a spot to settle down and do lunch, he'd access to the kitchen today and felt a need for a change of pace, that said it didn't seem like the small pokemon would be settling anytime soon at its current pace.

Or at least not until it dashed directly into the bushes spotting something of temporary interest just out of their trainer's sight. The pokemon rushed toward the Slowking taking no care to march across the already set picnic blanket sliding and falling face-first in the psychic trainer's space. Despite the fall, the Tyrunt's beady eyes remained focused on the psychic type's ornate headpiece obviously ruminating on something ridiculous, but before the small dragon could cause more of a scene the dark-skinned trainer would appear from the very same bushes "Obelos." his firm voice would call the tyrunt back to the man's side, once again either not understanding or perhaps not carring that it was trampling across the woman's pallet.

"I'm so sorry for the intrusion, He's still young though that's no excuse." In a small gesture he'd offer his own picnic basket. The least I can do is offer a bit of my own to make up for the less than stellar behavior." In truth, the rocket grunt was light on cash (as per usual), but bartering in goods was the ideal way for transactions to work as a whole. Hopefully, she thought the same. If to sweeten the deal, Two homemade club sandwiches and some berries for your trouble.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 0:42:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Apart from the natural noises that came from pokemon the park was silent, peaceful. Not even the noises of the bustling city could be heard. The moment faded away sooner than it lasted.
[break][break]
Gina's gaze narrowed as the rowdy Tryunt fell onto her picnic blanket. She didn't say anything, only a soft sigh escaped from her red lips. The woman's slowking was unfazed when the tyrunt ran out. Instead it quickly readjusted the picnic blanket which became ruffled.
[break][break]
Her head turned towards the trainer as he recalled the tryunt back to his side. "Correct, it doesn't." she looked disinterested at the man's offer, "No need, I have my own." Her hand tapped at the basket that was nearby. "Don't you have anything else?" She teased him while knowing that the man was out of options, based off his looks he was dirt poor.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 1:05:15 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Ah a shame, while I may not be world-renowned I'm quite the chef when I'd like to be." He jokes, an effort to stall while he figures out what else he could possibly offer, though he doubts he has anything worthwhile to the woman. "An age-old question, What do you offer a woman who has it all?" He gives a sly smile before setting his basket on the ground eyes following Obelos for a moment or two making sure the pokemon had no schemes to jump the basket lest he find himself in actual trouble. "Then perhaps some light company and a pleasant conversation could make up for any offense I've caused. That and another one of my most heartfelt apologies, of course." He'd meet her gaze once more gesturing to his own blanket before adding a short addendum.

"That comes with a promise that anything offered will be far less active than what you've seen prior. Isn't that correct Obelos." The small rock type was once again eyeing the majestic psychic pokemon's headpiece only to be snapped out by his trainer's voice. The pokemon would give a soft grunt the closest thing to an apology anybody here would receive. "If I could be so bold, I'd take the offer if I were you. After this all I have is the promise of my firstborn as they did way back in the day. Though you don't seem like a lady who'd force a child into servitude. A joke of course.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 1:52:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I see," was her response a bored look visible in her brown eyes. A small chuckle given at his question, finding it ironic. "Money would be the simple answer" She stated boldly returning the slyness in a wink.
[break][break]
Gina would scoff lightly at the mans offer, "Do you believe I would come to a secluded area to indulge in social activities?" An eyebrow rose as she began to question the mans intelligence, though she did find the man to be rather amusing. She would nod her head at the tyrunt's apology, not showing much care.
[break][break]
"While the offer is far from ideal, I'll accept " She offered him a small smile, and pulled out another pokeball releasing a wynaut next to the mans tyrunt. "That and your name of course"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 2:59:49 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"I'd argue simple isn't always best. After all, isn't it said that 'convenience is the death of liberty?'" He teases all the while beginning to lay out his own pallet having been given the woman's approval. His eyes if only for a moment find themselves focused on the woman's second pokemon. A pokemon whom his own had already gone to greet. Without the magnificent adornment controlling the prehistoric pokemon's attention span, Obelos was rather amicable, thankfully. His focus moves back toward the fellow trainer "Most things these days aren't, but still we persevere." There's something behind the statement but he refuses to linger. Miles, it's a pleasure Ms...?" He gestures to the woman waiting for her own name before relaxing on his own blanket the wooden basket now resting beside him.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 16:11:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Not for me" Gina would respond smugly, in her eyes money was valuable and precious. She didn't know happiness without it. She found the mans teasing personality to be slightly irritating but refrained from commenting about it for the time being. She'd open the picnic basket to receive a bottle of ice-cold water, removing the cap she would take a moment to drink it.
[break][break]
"Miles?" The name lingers on her tongue, she found it to be a peculiar name, but thought it suited the man quite well. Her amber gaze drifted towards her two pokemon, after ensuring that they were well behaved she would turn back to Miles. "Gina Gray."

[break][break]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 16:53:51 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"I respectfully disagree, but I understand all too well."

He's not too casual though the woman has accepted his company she didn't seem all too pleased by it. Her response about money caused a temporary frown, after all, that was the issue, wasn't it? Regardless of what the world should have been individuals, like Gray and himself were trapped by the system in a way that they needed money. "And where is it that you find joy Ms. Gray?" He chooses to drop the previous line of conversation for the moment at the risk of sounding like a zealot. He chooses this because asking someone 'what they do?' was so drab and was a topic reserved for gloomier days. " Sidebar; Your Slowking is very well taken care of it's extremely impressive.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:22:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Each individual has their own preferences.” Gina shrugged uncaringly, unphased upon seeing the small frown Miles had worn momentarily. Slightly taken back by the question one wouldn’t ask such a question lightly. “That’d be history, as I am a historian.” She’d smile slightly, a simple nod given towards the man.
[break][break]
Her head tilted at the random mention of her slowking. Her eyebrows lifted in a questioning manner unsure how to feel about the random compliment. “Thank you..” She remarked laughing lightly, beckoning the pokemon forward with a small motion of her hand.
[break][break]
The slowking would bow gracefully upon approach, settling down between the two individuals. “Pearl is independent, only doing things when I request.” Gina found herself interested in learning more about Miles, he was pleasant to converse with which delighted the woman.
I assume obelos isn’t your only pokemon?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:39:31 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Now there's something I think we share in common. While history isn't my primary study much of my joy deals in it."

His eyes brighten at the mention of the topic. "He is certainly my most rambunctious partner, but he isn't my sole partner. I worked in fossil energy and resurrection for a long time so most of my team is prehistoric." He'd call a second pokeball forth releasing Mare, a kabuto that upon being released would simply collapse content to bathe in the sunlight "Both Mare and Obelos were spliced and brought back by my own hand. Though my time in those labs has long since passed." He'd note back to the Slowking watching Pearl for a moment or two more. "Independence is one of the many keys to growth, or at least I believe so." The man would reach into his basket allowing half of his sandwich to go to what was becoming an impatient Tyrunt. "Are there any tales you're particularly fond of that you've come across in your studies. I'd love to hear if you're willing to share." Perhaps there was something pleasant to be said about chance encounters after all

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 1:33:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

An unexpected turn of events. Theres a small look of approval in her eyes, she didn't like admitting it but Miles was a man of good tastes. She appreciated any individual who valued history, finding the topic always interesting to have a conversation about. "I see" Gina stated listening to Miles explain what he did from the way he spoke, she figured that he was currently out of work. She didn't pry any further however, as she wasn't very interested in hearing how or why.
[break][break]
She nodded out of agreement, looking towards Miles kabuto who crawled amongst the blanket. She wasn't well versed in history for pokemon, but the creature still piqued her interest. Gina released a small huff upon hearing Miles question "There are many" The one which came to mind was the legend of arceus, it was laughable how much time she spent studying it.
[break][break]
"Familiar with arceus I presume?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 12:47:46 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Of course, the supposed progenitor of all life on this planet, and in some mythos the one said to return at the end of days." He'd read many a tale concerning the god pokemon, Truthfully his curiosity lied in the ancient stone slabs that appeared with the creature in much of its lore, though that information was dependent on the civilization recounting the supposedly almighty beast. He glances over to Mare checking in on the dome pokemon's well-being, noticing how they moved maybe a couple of inches repositioning itself ever so slightly to maximize the time sunbathing. Of course the researcher would also turn his focus to the problem child noting that the pokemon had decided to take his own little nap after eating near the Wynaut. hopefully, the two were getting along.

There was more to say about the creator pokemon after all the theories concerning it were countless, but at the risk of sounding too conceited, he chooses to remain silent in favor of hearing the woman's story concerning the beast. His eyes retaining that shine one had when discussing their passions all the while.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:31:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mile's seemed to be quite interested in learning more about Arceus. Her lips slipped into a small amused smile, seeing how eager he looked Gina wouldn't feel right if she didn't share an interesting story. "Some say arceus wasn't the original" An eyebrow rose slightly as she began the discussion. "There are records of life being recorded before arceus, though it was very sparse. Arceus was believed to be one of the more powerful creatures who had been able to bring life into full potential." Gina would lean back a little, using her arms as support.
[break][break]
The small story Gina gave Miles was known but viewed as controversial, most people in education would teach that Arceus was the supreme god, and not an outsider of sorts. "Which do you believe?" She would ask not telling him how she personally felt.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 5:08:49 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"I must admit Ms. Gray, you go hand in hand with intrigue." An elbow finds itself perched on the man's leg while his chin rests easily on his knuckles. He considers the question for a moment. Smokey eyes are fully focused for the first time since sitting, the wheels of his brain turn swiftly now all in an attempt to make heads or tails of her question.

"I've always thought it ludicrous to believe that all life; man, pokemon, and otherwise were created from one being simultaneously. As a scientist, For it to be A: That simple, and B: that convenient is preposterous. Though the tales of ancient civilizations through history and their references to the creator pokemon also aren't to be ignored. After all, for a number of societies placed so sporadically across humanity's timeline to share knowledge about such a beast means that it must have existed in some capacity, embellished or otherwise." The theory Gina posited wasn't one he was wholly unfamiliar with, but he'd only heard so little concerning this particular theory in his own studies. The rocket was fiending for more information.

"I'm far more inclined to believe the latter, though I don't believe it was another pokemon or something of the sort. I think the conditions on this planet happened to be perfect for life to thrive after millennia of random occurrences. Lips curve upward as he finishes what he felt was a satisfactory answer, "Not the most exciting theory I know, but I'm far more curious as to your answer, seeing as you've kept silent for this long.

Gina Grey was a dangerous woman, being able to entice the researcher with one of the few things that he felt was worth anything. Knowledge.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lavenders (M)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 11:09:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Is that so?” Gina asks, delighted by the commented. She liked to think of herself to be a mysterious woman, it was satisfying to hear it come from someone else as well. Gina didn’t think Miles would be so fascinated with the small tale, though she was a little relieved. [break][break]
The answer was somewhat expected, Mile’s was a man of science and it was common for scientists to be more logical. “The latter you say?” Gina was expecting for him to chose the former, but finds herself pleasantly surprised by the mans answer.A smile crept onto her features once more, “Sorry to disappoint, I’m still undecided.”” Truthfully Gina didn’t care all that much about it, though she did find the theory to be fascinating. “However I would have to agree with you, that does seem to make the most sense.

[/quote]