2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
xtreme horse befriending [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 18:56:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Wind whistles sharply over their ears as Oceanide sails through the now familiar passages, expertly dodging protunding rocks and razor-sharp stalagmites. Tight curves and sudden changes of direction don't slow the breakneck speed at which Lapras is hurtling down the icy paths with the two humans on her back; instead, each wild bark of laughter from her trainer is taken as encouragement - and by the time they careen into the wide chamber, it takes them at least a full minute and slamming against the far wall to actually stop.

A silvery, adrenaline-induced bark of laughter bursts forth from Skyler's mouth. As soon as her vision stops spinning, she snakes an arm around Angelo's waist, trouble brimming in the silvery depths of her eyes as she takes him in. "Not too bad, huh, Angel?" The movement had brought their bodies closer, and the captain seizes the chance to pull herself up - warming her frozen lips against Angelo's own in a slow kiss.

"For good luck?" There might  or might not have been a butt squeeze right then. "Since your carrot is puny compared to mine. I wouldn't even give it a six." 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 21:44:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
His ears sting, red from the cold as the icy wind prickles like tiny needles against his skin. Angelo, however, really couldn’t give a shit. Far too busy laughing and letting out energetic curses of approval as he finally takes his first Lapras ice sliding ride. His heart thumping with the high of the thrill as Oceanide steers them around sharp corners and narrowly dodges perilous spikes of ice with well-timed skids of its flippers. [break][break]

Not bad,” he agrees, nonchalant answer betrayed by the lively spark in his eyes as they slip off Oceanide’s back, after taking a moment to recover from the dizzying finale. Shades of blue made all the more brighter as he takes in Skyler’s troublesome expression, until it’s hidden behind a warm, tight embrace and an indulgently slow kiss. [break][break]

What? That’s bullshit.” A hot cloud is breathed against Skyler’s lips, his own mouth curled under the attention of teasing words tickled against his skin and the fingers squeezing into his butt. “Mine was definitely bigger the last time I checked on them.” He replaces the hold around the captain’s waist to instead clasp his hand around her own, giving Skyler a firm tug as he steps away. Shoes crunch against the ice as Angelo storms towards where their carrot patch was hidden with her in tow, full of playful – and only slightly exaggerated – bravado. [break][break]

If I catch any signs of foul play, Dross. I swear…

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 3:14:07 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO SHOAL CAVE, the same unnerving feeling of being watched returns. in this frigid underground, your hard footsteps clack against ice and echo across valleys of frozen blue. however, you two instinctively hush yourselves. two horse-like pokemon neigh in the distance. masks of ice surround pupilless eyes. from their hooves, intense cold air wafts.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

however, the horses seem to notice you two. they advance close. the clopping of hooves echo too, orchestrating an endless percussion of icy beats. suddenly, the earth freezes even more so. an additional layer of ice grows outward and higher with immense speed. before you can blink, an icy ramp forms right before you— and the horses slide across the ice in a flash to greet you from their elevated stations.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

OFFER THE WILD HORSE WHAT THEY SEEK

write a post that has your trainer offering the carrot to the glastrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the carrot, the horse will promptly flash away.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the glastrier in shoal cave once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the glastrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the glastrier.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 16:49:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Or what, Angel?" If Angelo were to peer at the ship captain quickly keeping pace with him, he'd see a devilish smile pulling at her lips. A familiar plot of land soon opens up in front of them, and Skyler lets her hand slide away from his, a roughened fingertip deliberately dragging itself across the courier's palm before she pulls ahead with wide, purposeful steps. 

Something wild peeks back at Angelo from the depths of a silvery gaze when the captain looks at him from over her shoulder. "You'll punish me?" The challenge in the tilt of her chin is accompanied by an unwavering, half-lidded stare. A frisson of warmth in this otherwise icy chamber. "I'd like to see you try." 

Awareness trickles in slowly at first, creeping like frost across her exposed, sun-kissed skin. Too busy studying her own carrot and surreptitiously comparing it to Angelo's when she can get a glimpse of it, it is only when a huff of ice-cold air is breathed over her hand that Skyler registers the presence of the two snow-white horses. 

One of them silently approaches her, leaning down to unabashedly tug on the vegetable in her hand. Before Skyler can think to react, the horse has as much as swallowed the carrot whole.

Her carrot.

"Angel," the whisper is half wonder and half annoyance. "I don't think we'll be able to measure our carrots now. I'm pretty sure that means that I win by default." 

The horses don't stay for long, carried away by the frigid winds that had brought them here in the first place. Only as they are leaving does Skyler put two and two together.

Those horses had been ice sliding.

It isn't a surprise to anyone when Captain Dross drags Angelo down to the depths of Shoal Cave the next day...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 21:22:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
I bet you would.” His lips curl into a flirtatious grin, fire in her gaze warming him against the backdrop of a frozen wasteland. Although her words did a pretty good job at igniting something heated within him, too. “Come on then, sunshine. Show me the damage and I’ll decide your sentence.” [break][break]

Slipping between two icy rocks behind the blonde, he crouches beside a familiar garden plot, carefully observing the pair of carrots that peek through the frozen soil. Anticipation fizzles in his blood as he yanks his from the ground in a spray of icy dirt that scatters over his shoes and hands, immediately looking over towards Skyler’s to compare. [break][break]

Instead, he’s met by a sudden decrease in temperature, chilling his already cold skin as a wave of freezing air is snorted over his face. Two tall, horse pokemon coated in ice boldly approaching them. Angelo would be more inclined to hold his breath in wonder, had it not been released in a soft laugh when one of them rips Skyler’s carrot right out of her palm. [break][break]

What kind of logic is that? No vegetable, no competit–” Angelo doesn’t get to finish his declaration of victory by technicality, his waving of the root vegetable in Skyler’s direction attracting the second horse, tempting the creature into snatching his carefully harvested carrot right out of his grip. [break][break]

He freezes, left with just the stalks, as blue eyes silently watch the unknown pokemon enthusiastically munch through the produce Angelo had considered cooking for human consumption. Cold, dry lips are wetted – he could salvage this. Maybe. [break][break]

I win. My horse obviously enjoyed eating my carrot more.” There’s a pause, frowning as he snaps his gaze back towards the captain, as if only just figuring out how easily his words could be misconstrued. “Shut up.” The courier says pre-emptively before any chuckled snorts could begin. Brushing what remained of the leafy stems against Skyler’s nose, annoyingly tickling her, with an amused grin.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 5:01:31 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses again. they stroke the ice solid ground with their hooves, seemingly hungry.

♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer offering any two week berry to the glastrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horse will promptly flash away.

you do not need to have the berry grow in your garden. you can simply purchase it from the SITE SHOP.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the glastrier in shoal cave once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the glastrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the glastrier.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 19:38:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Captain Dross does drag him into the frigid depths of Shoal Cave the very next day. Although, by the time that they make it down the familiar path that Angelo could probably navigate with his eyes closed, it’s already way past sunset. Work doesn’t always wait so that you can feed mysterious, wild horses made of ice in frozen caverns, apparently. Although they definitely should. [break][break]

The beginnings of tiredness clings to Angelo’s muscles from being on the road all day however that doesn’t stop him from venturing down with the captain with an eager curiosity, energised by good company and the intrigue that had followed him since the ice pokemon’s first appearance. [break][break]

Holding onto Skyler from behind in a one-armed embrace, fingertips pressing into her collarbone, Angelo rests his chin against her shoulder. Casually leaning into her back as their two mysterious carrot-thieves reappear, lured by a berry he has in his free palm. [break][break]

They remind me of you,” he breathes against her skin, voice low and hummed into Skyler’s ear as if he’s about to wax poetic. Perhaps it could have sounded romantic, like a declaration of adoration or a sighed admission of her beauty, if not for the poor and utterly intentional timing. The horse reaching out to greedily snatch the Grepa berry from his outstretched hand, nearly catching his fingertips as it crushes the fruit between its icy molars with a ravenous fervour, pulp and juice trickling down its pristine coat. [break][break]

Angelo wickedly smirks against the captain’s neck, lips ghosting against skin, as he peers out of the corner of a mischievous blue eye towards their garden-plot guests. Not feeling quite so tired as he tightens his embrace around her collarbone, squeezing her warmth close. Barely holding back a chuckle. “So majestic.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]
+ feeding glastrier a grepa berry - receipt

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 17:04:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It is the most natural thing in the world, to let the curve of her spine align with the shape of Angelo's body. Goosebumps raise in the wake of the warm breath that fans over the skin of her neck, drawing shivers from the captain that have nothing to do with the glacial cold biting at their skin. A slight tilt of her head exposes the elegant column of her throat to Angelo's tender mercies, though whether this invitation is deliberate or instinctual remains a secret hidden behind the curve of a lazy smile.

The words breathily whispered over her ear - like Angelo's about to utter a confession of undying love - bring forth an amused snort from the captain (mainly because she knows him, parly in an attempt to dispel the annoying flutter in her chest). There isn't a doubt in her mind that his timing had been intentional. And, to his merit, the greedy way in which the berry is snatched from Angelo's grasp is not... wholly unlike herself.

Another icy snout nudges her hand for the berry she's brought. "Yeah, I can kind of see it." When Skyler takes too long to relinquish her hold on the delicious snack, an eager mouth chomps down on the berry with no care for the fingers that are nearly chopped off in the process. It causes a string of foul curses to spill from Skyler's lips, though they fade by the time the horses trot off.

"To be fair, Angel." A roughened fingertip weaves a path down Angelo's side, curling around one of the loops of his jeans and tugging. Mischief coasts on her drawled words, cold lips deliberately brushing over the top of his ear. "I'd go after your carrot too." 

She would never let him live that moment down.

Skyler gives the GLASTRIER a GREPA BERRY - receipt

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 1:36:11 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses again. they stroke the ice solid ground with their hooves. the ice on their bodies seems to have grown thicker. more severe like unruly hair.

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using the move, CHIP AWAY, to help groom (or sculpt) the glastrier's icy protrusions and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horse will promptly flash away.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 18:38:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Captain Dross cradles a small device in her hands, lips pulled into a frown at the flashing GPS coordinates that demand her undivided attention. Instinct alone, born out of a deep-ingrained habit, has adrenaline rising like a tide within her veins, restless eyes reaching for equipment that is not there. It takes more than she's willing to admit to shove the device back into her bag, numbers burned into her retina like she's spent too much time looking at the sun.

Work can wait for a little while longer. It must.

Her breath is a cloud of frosted white steam in front of her as she approaches Angelo, drawn in by the warmth of his body and the delectable curve of his jean-clad ass. One of her hands inevitably finds its way to the aforementioned curve, bold and utterly shameless, while the other snakes around the man's waist to pull him closer. A chin plops down on Angelo's shoulder, cold lips barely skimming the skin under his ear.

She's always enjoyed being the big spoon.

"Has anyone lost an eye yet?" Both Jolly and little Delphini are doing their best to CHIP AWAY at the ice that has seemingly settled around the horses' crests overnight, though it soon becomes apparent that Jolly is doing most of the work while Delphini watches, mesmerized. "This'll take some time." 

The numbers flash again in her mind's eye. A stubborn defiance settles over her expression in response and the captain tilts her chin to capture Angelo's earlobe between the sharp drag of her teeth.

"I'd suggest finding somewhere more private, Angel, but I think I've had enough frozen carrots for a lifetime."

Skyler's Jolly (Feraligatr) uses CHIP AWAY on Glastrier

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 23:39:35 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
He spares her nothing more than a brief glance over his shoulder. [break][break]

Angelo’s focus returning to settle on a portly Feraligatr and her starry-eyed junior as they tried their claws, aglow with chip away, at ice sculpting. More concerned about breathing warm air against his frostbitten fingers than watching Skyler pour over that device of hers.[break][break]

He doesn’t bother to tell her to chase after the numbers that are no doubt flashing on the screen. If Skyler wanted to go, then she’d go. Their paths needn’t conjoin at every turn for… Whatever it is they shared, for them as individuals, to function. It was as simple and uncomplicated a dynamic as that; and one which suited the courier just fine. [break][break]

But he did always like it in these instances when she decided to stay. [break][break]

Alerted by the crunching of boots against the ice, Angelo leans into her indulgent touches with a self-satisfied grin that would likely go unnoticed as he pointedly keeps his gaze forward. Stubbornly so, as a contrast of cold lips and hot breath against his skin threatens to have him turn to face her; suddenly wishing to appease a craving for that distinction elsewhere. [break][break]

Not yet. But we’ve got time.” Cold fingers reach to interlace with the hand that snakes around his waist, stealing Skyler’s heat for his own as he tugs their joined fingers into the confines of his jacket pocket. Squeezing her purposefully tight, as if baiting her into a hand-crushing battle would ignite feeling in his numb digits. “Del already got a bit carried away with that one’s tail... Don’t look too hard at it. I don’t think they’ve noticed yet.” [break][break]

But Skyler probably isn’t looking. Not when she has his earlobe between her teeth. [break][break]

Angelo’s breathy sigh however, is quick to turn into a trail of laughter from the words that are whispered into his ear, echoing through the cave loud enough to startle the ice horses. [break][break]

Did I hear that wrong or did Captain Dross just say her appetite has finally been sated?”[break][break]

He turns, so he can let her fully appreciate his too-smug grin dangerously close to her own. Breath fanning tauntingly against lips that would soon be made warm. “Shame.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]
+ delphini the totodile uses chip away

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 1:39:21 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses— but they seem different in appearance from afar. getting close, you see that they've become quite dirty. perhaps, it's all that flashing back and forth in the cave that has caused their beautiful equine forms to be marred by mud.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives. they must be cleaned. perhaps, there is a pokemon that is an expert at tidying things (and pokemon) up...

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that uses ONE MINCCINO and a Pokemon using the move, SOAK, to help clean the dirty glastrier. of course, the water may freeze, so work fast! after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been cleaned, the horse will promptly flash away.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 18:12:35 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
It comes and goes like the weather. Unpredictable. Of its own accord and out of anyone’s – least of all his – control as to when it decides to creep into his mind. [break][break]

Discomfort settles tightly in his chest, like rope bound and tying taut around his lungs, making it feel just that slightest bit more difficult to breathe. Blood in his veins thrumming in response with a restless energy that wishes to carry him right out of the Shoal Cave to settle his eyes on an endless, blue sky.[break][break]

The icy walls of the cavern appear a little narrower today… [break][break]

Angelo’s shoes scuff against the frozen tundra as he slowly paces, drifting an aimless path away from the Cincinno that he had borrowed and the horses it obsessively brushed. Not wanting to disturb the timid equines as his agitated legs carry him back and forth, liked a caged creature.[break][break]

He focuses on a small, warm idea in the back of his mind to make it all not feel quite so suffocating. A sunray to reach towards, to guide him through the oppressive gloom. [break][break]

Hey, Sky. If you had to go somewhere tomorrow. Anywhere outside of Hoenn, I mean. Where would you go?” A seemingly harmless question is posed, from one adventure buddy to another, curiously digging for ideas of the next island they’d storm.[break][break]

Angelo waits until Skyler finishes answering before putting his choice onto the table… [break][break]

I still want to go see those Minior showers in Alola. Heard they’ve got some cool ruins to explore there, too. And there's the mantine surfing...” He admits, gaze trailing up to a ceiling coated in precarious ice stalactites. Picturing the sharp, glittering edges as stars instead. Angelo was sure he’d told her about wanting to go, some months ago, now. Time really did fly. [break][break]

Blue eyes then glance towards his companion, footsteps stilling close to the captain. His attention momentarily stolen from cramped spaces to a limitless expanse of silver… [break][break]

When he opens his mouth next, his words spill forth without hidden motives or pretence. An honest wish laid bare, when his mind is far too consumed to catch it before it falls. [break][break]

We should go. Not actually tomorrow but sometime soon. What d'you say? Up for it?”[break][break]

Although, Angelo thinks, he might dump everything and go tomorrow if she asked him.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]
+ using cinccino to clean the glastrier

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 16:16:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Araquanid was doing her best not to get distracted by the cute bundle of fur doing its best to brush the dirt from the two horses. Shorts bursts of SOAK occasionally splashed against pale, silvery fur, aiding the small rodent in its task. 

Very slowly, the spider pokemon would edge closer to Cincinno, observing closely as splotches of dirt found their way to the pokemon's fluffy ears. Surely it would be more comfortable inside her bubble? 

Unaware of her Araquanid's thoughts, Skyler follows the track of Angelo's footsteps over the floor of the cave chamber, dislodging bits and pieces of ice with his agitated passage. The pristine white of ice crystals soon turns to brown slush under the soles of his shoes. He doesn't wander far from her, but for a moment the captain wonders if he notices how he's edging ever so slightly closer to the exit with each sudden change of direction.

She's become acquainted with the shapes of Angelo's nightmares, has learned of their constricting, suffocating nature. So there's no motion made to stop his restless steps - instead the captain finds herself a perch on a nearby rock formation, confidently drapping herself over it like she's decided to make a throne out of it.

When words burst forth from his mouth like a desperate lifeline, Skyler reaches for it like a sailor lost in a storm. 

"I'd go back to a jungle in a deserted island. Maybe get some more mushrooms." Her response is immediate, punctuated by a mischievous curl of her mouth that beckons Angelo to approach. "Eat cooked Carvanha for dinner, make a campfire, share tequila and sing sea shanties with some random idiot who happens to pass by." Her brows furrow for a second, a thought occurring to her. "Though I guess technically that still counts as Hoenn."

Somewhen in their brief week-long adventure in that deserted island, something pivotal had changed between the two. Although fondness isn't enough to chase away the frigid temperatures at the bottom of Shoal Cave, it brings warmth to silver eyes.

"But outside Hoenn? I want to go everywhere." What would be a generic answer is breathed to life by the utter certainty in Skyler's voice, by the steely resolution that creeps up a silvery surface. "I won't rest until I've seen it all." A pause. "Although I guess Alola would be a nice start. I do want to kick your ass in mantine surfing." And watch the Minior showers, can't forget that one.

By the time Angelo reaches her, a pleasant sort of tension has taken over her muscles, reflected in her eyes when she languorously cranes her neck to peer up at him. "Is that a challenge, Angel baby?" A hand reaches up to grab his wrist, a forceful pull bringing the courier down to her level and temptingly close to where her lips can reach. "Pack your bags." The words are spoken against his lips, resolute and unyielding. "We're going next week."

Skyler's Araquanid uses SOAK on Glastrier

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 2:20:14 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses. they do not seem hesitant at all this time. instead, they appear to be waiting for you two closer to the entrance this time, as if they were in tune with your rhythms. your schedule. in each of their mouths, a narrow strap of ice dangles and emanates chilly air.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

should you take these reins, they are immensely cold to the touch. one wonders if frostbite would crawl up their palms— for the chill is painful against human skin. even worse, it penetrates past any fabric. they beckon you to mount their backs, pristine and well-groomed thanks to both of your efforts. with a snort, they bring you two to a different shoal chamber. here, a vast field filled with fences of ice, bridges and more appears before you: an equine agility course.

they raise their front legs and neigh. cold air rushes from their hooves. they dash into the course, and you must hang on for dear life, even if the icy reins cut into your trembling hands.

TAME THE HORSE

REIN THEM IN!

WITH EVERY POST, make a ROLL. collectively, you two must hit or surpass a total of 125 to successfully hang on to the glastriers; furthermore, the horses are examining your ability to ride them!

will post the conclusion to this encounter after you have posted in MODERATION REQUESTS.