saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:50:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]slateport park offers a lovely scenic route for people to walk around. it's good for sightseeing, good for exercising, and good for conversing. the latter is what matias has decided on.

"so what's it like being head ranger here?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 15:11:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You can only be in so many places at once, to be honest,” he began, following the other while having some more milk tea.

“There’s actually two of us overseeing the region now. Not sure if you’ve met the other yet. Maybe you have, his name’s Sénon,” he continued.

“Is there something you wanted to know?”

After that little excursion with the Mr. Mime, he wondered if the other wanted to pick his brain over a few things. So far though, he couldn’t tell.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 17:41:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"why two?"

a group of children no older than ten all dressed in the same uniform comes running in their direction. matias stops, avoids one, then continues walking.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 13:39:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know how big Hoenn is right?” he said with a chuckle. “Split between West and East.”

“Look, if I could be in two places at once I would gladly do that. Alas, nobody yet knows how to physically be in two different places at the same time unless I had a twin that worked the exact same job I did,” he added a few moments later.

If only it was possible, then there wouldn’t be a need for another, but that was already out of his control.

“Oh, I’m dumb. I didn’t catch your name earlier,” he went on a few moments later.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:29:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"sure, but why now? is it because of rocket's resurgence? or something else? just curious."

matias masks his intentions behind a chuckle, a smile, and a shrug of his shoulders.

"oh! how rude of me. matias silph."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:33:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Mostly the former. With them making their presence known—the other Head Ranger came from Kanto. Some kind of, an ambassador to those who fled Kanto looking for respite from what had happened over there.”

The moment he mentions his name though, Lars comes to a stop.

Blinking, then silence.

No. How the hell is that possible— he thought to himself as his mind did a backtrack before he finally found his voice.

“Silph—you related to Stormy and Fernando then,” he said at last, managing to recover his composure.

Thank fuck he didn’t have his vape out otherwise he’d have dropped it to the forest floor out of surprise.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:51:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias stops as well, confused, but his confusion is quickly veiled in favor of curiosity.

"there are other silphs too, but sure. i assume you've worked with them?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 15:13:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Only with the two I’ve mentioned, as they’re the most known here. One’s Elite Four now, the other—well, stepped down from his post but still maintains a Gym of his own.”

That was as much as he could disclose.

“As to why Fernando left the Council—I surmise he has his own reasons. Very private person. Like next to no shit about him can be easily found in public, stuff that isn’t already known by everyone. Stormy on the other hand is—the opposite, really. Former Lavaridge Gym Leader, then promoted. Very approachable person and all that. But of course you already knew that didn’t you,” he added with a quiet nod.

Those were the only ones he knew about—at least until today.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 4:23:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"you're not missing out on much. fernie's not that interesting once you get to know him."

matias starts walking again, fully expecting lars to follow after. even if he doesn't, matias doesn't notice.

"you seem interested in our history. are you going to ask me for mine?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:37:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars had to resist the urge to snort the moment it was mentioned that Fernando wasn’t that interesting.

“Asides from the fact that he’s got a Legendary of his own at his beck and call? Eh, not really,” he said with a shrug as he took another sip out of the milk tea he had with him. It was down to almost half now.

“Well, only if you want to share what you want to share. I presume you have your reasons for not coming to Hoenn until recently,” he added with another shoulder-rolling notion.

One of them was an open book. The other was literally a safe that had to be cracked open with a crowbar.

The one he was talking with right now—where would he fall?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 9:40:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the legendary comment rubs him the wrong way, leaves a bad taste in his mouth. he holds back a spit, choosing to sneer instead.

"anything can be killed. even legendaries."

matias is indifferent to the prodding. he'll share what he wants to share, what he wants lars to know.

"yes! i was busy in kanto, as i'm sure you've heard. figured now was the right time to come over. i missed my family, too."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 4:22:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Was there—was there some snark and bite to Matias’s words there?

There could be something I can potentially gain out of this, he thought to himself as he considered how to tackle this. To stall for time, he took another sip from his milk tea—holy crap, it was down to one-fourth of the original contents now. Shit.

Was it really starting to get that hot around Hoenn?

“I don’t know if I sensed something off but—there’s something about the way you said how Legendaries can be taken down, like there’s some malice to it. Had a bad experience with them back where you came from?” he inquired casually.

Who knows if he’d be able to find out something.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 7:29:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"not really, i just find it funny how they're being glorified."

matias stops again. he turns to the other, meets him head-on with unwavering conviction. his eyes narrow but his lips grin.

"i'll be real with you, lars. i'm not here to be another sheep — we have those in abundance. i'm here to help, to lead, and to destroy.

will you help me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 18:30:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh, if you only knew… he thought at Matias’s first statement.

There was something he was secretly thankful for—that people’s thoughts couldn’t be read mostly, unless there was a Psychic-type eavesdropping on the (sometimes) mental conversation.

At the mention of ‘destroy’, he looked up from his milk tea—which is almost gone—and then considers the offer for a few moments.

“There’s a catch somewhere, isn’t there?” he began. His mind flashed back to Fernando, and how the other man could be a very manipulative… well, there were some things that one had to be wary about.

“There’s always a catch,” he confirmed with his own shit-eating grin.

The door was definitely open there; Lars just needed to know how much would be laid on the line to achieve this goal.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
small talk [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 8:05:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"a catch?"

matias almost scoffs, but resigns to simply shaking his head. with a grin still prominent on his features, he responds:

"no catch."

[attr="class","noodles"]